danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Just rooted my SM-A520F.

| Hello there /tech/, this is my first time I've done this. The previous hours were quite dreadful to me, but I found a way out of the loop I was stuck in. I installed LineageOS on it and it's all working. My question is - what should I do now? What should I mess around with? I'm sure I want to make my custom theme after some time, but I figured it'd be fun to ask anons for suggestions.

| Install Magisk to pass cancer safety net, GAPPS (in case you didn't), some useful SU apps, YouTube Vanced.

| >>280593
I didn't know what Magisk is, but now I can look it up. Thanks to you I learnt something new.

| >>9a9811
What SU apps in particular would you recommend? I'll do research by myself regardless, but it's always good to ask.

| I use Magisk to pass safety net TBH. Speaking of useful apps I mean Titanium Backup, MiXplorer from XDA, EX Kernel Manager or DriveDroid to boot Ubuntu on the go, Substratum needs root to work (unless you pay or ROM natively support it). I also used to play with MultiROM before dev dropped support for it.

| >>9a9811
Okay, thanks. I'll make sure to check these out. I had some trouble and needed to redo the entire process from scratch, but I'm back up now. Installed too many launchers at once, and had to wait for my phone to wear out the battery so it turns off. Taking off the case is nearly impossible, I wonder who designed it that way.

| TIP: If you hold power button for like 5 sec phone will restart.

| >>6dd1cb
The thing is it didn't. That was the problem, of course I tried that, come on.
Thanks for the tip anyway...

| >>283302
>>6dd1cb
You literally replied to yourself you know.

| >>3d2874
No, not really. The ID changes with every post. But this is rather amusing, I have to admit.

| >>6dd1cb
Well, shit. Maybe I did. I promise I don't remember giving tips to myself, though.

| >>283969
How so?

I think your ID stays the same for as long as you stay on a single thread. Having two different g/u/rls have the same ID in succession would be nigh impossible.

| >>284282 it's happened before,
Or maybe it's just a board myth~

Total number of posts: 13, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1526441306

This thread is permanently archived