danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
A.I. are on the verge of exploding just like computers did.

| What changes do you expect to see due to A.I.?
Obviously lots of jobs are going to be taken and we are going to have to change the way we look at money. But in the next 5 decades all sorts of multipurpose A.I. are about to spring into existence. I personally think it has the potential to change everything, but we all have different opinions.

| I hope it's a lot sooner than 5 decades, I want a cute ai wife already.

| See I don't get it, we already have the technology, I don't know what's holding the corporations back.
A few years back, I think 2014 a company started a self-learning robot for factories that would replace the workers, I don't know why it didn't explode in sales despite that fat robot being able to cook with precision.
Job replacement has more to do with robotics than AI, our current AI can control a swarm of drones through a building, our current robots can barely walk upstairs.

| >>278221
I don't know either. I swear most important (food, water) things couldve been fully autmoated a couple decades ago.

| So what your saying is AIs are to advanced for the tech we have

| The secret is summed up in one word: sensors.
Everyone should not forget the combined input of the skin, eyes, ears, nose and middle ear for balance. At all times the brain processes the constant flow of data that comes from the sensory organs. It so important that they exist as reflexes. In a computer sim the ai takes the environment for granted as every change and event is injected by the sim engine. In reality it needs to be done constantly, non stop, always.

| People say humans will lose jobs, but they never realize that other jobs will be created at the same time. There's no such thing as a jobless distopia/utopia, human labor will always be needed, even for designing new technologies.

| The biological sensory network is huge and complicated and the data the brain processes from it is vast, even though we do not even think about it. And the brain reacts almost in real time to every single change, by instictively deciding how important is it, ignore it or full vital save-your-life attention to it.
So AI outside of a computer sim in the form of a self regulating entity is difficult. Example: notice AI driving in cars. Problems to solve are innumerable.

| >>278595 that's where self-learning AI comes in.
Sure, our brains are complex machines, but they're also designed to run on very low power extracted from a complex network of nutrients. A lot of problems nature had to solve don't even exist in the high powered robotic world.
A robotic human replica requires much less calculations than a human does.
That's why I said I don't understand why corporations aren't investing in robotics, every problem is already solved for automation.

| >>278852 I politely do not agree with you at all. If you think running on low power is a bad thing, your understanding about the matter is very wrong. If you believe replicating any number of neurons with electronics is simpler than the neurons themselves, you just do not know what you are talking about. If you doubt that metabolising energy from food is a non efficient process, please revise your knowledge.

| I just want AI that sexes my lonely ass

| There is no conspiracy by corporations... It is just that your concept of robotics is as far from reality as jet engines were in middle ages, even though Da Vinci had the principle figured out since back then.

| >>279029 (correction: metabolising energy from food IS an efficient process)

| >>279032 you want teledildonics. We can already do that.

Man I wanna be an AI therapist

| Well, right now all that's holding the AI industry is our crappy economic state, moral questions and the "don't be the first" rule every investor follows.
Honestly I'm not worried, I just want an AI wife to cuddle with, I can't into humans, it's a shame.

| >>279694 just a sexoid will do, really. If proper motor functions are there, it moves like a human enough to fool your senses of it being alive, it is all good. For the rest of the pseudointelligence, coonect it to Siri or Cortana or anything similar, switch on loudspeaker, and you're set.
But without a beliveable frame and apropriate movement at the joints and skelettal structure, it still is only a pipe dream.

| I want ai meshed with everyday clothes

| Say you get in a knife fight your personal ai administers analgesics or something to keep you steady until you go to a hospital

| Current AI hype is similar to 50-60's cybernetics larp and 70's "AI" fad. It's mostly buzzwords for extreme datamining, deep profiling and privacy invasions by proprietary SaaSS platforms. Corporations can't replace wagies without proper robotics and actual hardware, shits like self-serving checkouts that started popping few years ago are nothing more than a glorified ATM machine with barcode scanner. And your nikes and iphone are still assembled/sewn manually.

| >>279029 you're missing my point completely and I don't understand why, robotics don't have to be as complex as humans to mimic humans. Humans can't just plug themselves onto a wall I thought this was obvious.

| hmm too lazy to read the entire thread but >See I don't get it, we already have the technology, I don't know what's holding the corporations back.

well first of all AI technologies have been around since like the 70s or something. Maybe even earlier. anyway back then they dont have GPUs to run neural networks at good performance. It's like having bitcoin but no one can mine it. so yeah, hardware. give it time until quantum computer becomes a thing and skynet will become real.

| oh and by the way there are theories that the human brain is actually a quantum computer. it's something to think about.

| The human brain is meat bro

| There isnt intel inside

| AI became a marketing buzzword, derived from science fiction.
There is no AI, just VI: Virtual Intelligence. The only technological revolution we have is the advance of hardware, which ironically makes software degenerating as there are no really new ideas, just the same stuff that exists since the 80s rebranded, advertised as something new and more restricted in order to suite companys interests better against customer and developer interests.

| I expect no changes by "AI" in the frame of current society. It just accelerates it's straight way into a dystopian nightmare.

| >>282076 but quantum computer works physically. like, the data are comprised of actual physical electrons with different quantum states unlike logical 1s and 0s which can be represented by disc layers, electromagnetic signals, etc. it's a possibility.

| >>282152 it's funny you said that AI was a marketing buzzword, then using the word "dystopian" as if it was not a marketing buzzword for certain types of fiction.

| When you see someone say "quantum", there is 99% probability of them not knowing exactly what they're talking about. Examples: "quantum computer", "quantum teleport", "quantum physics"

| Can't argue to that. Same applies to "AI" anyway.

| >>282227
Tell me at least one product that somehow was advertised with "dystopia". I never saw a marketing campaign that made use of the word "dystopia".

| >>282465
anything with "dystopian thriller" or soemthing similar. I can't think of specific example but a simple google search will give you a few books and movies that uses the word in their advertisement. my point is "dystopia" is a literary genre. its use in real world is purely subjective and dependent on the culture you're coming from.

| AI and ANN is the same case as computers not much different.As said before you have the hardware and software.An old hardware can not run a more advanced software more like a complex and huge neuron network.We have a long way to go for robots to become available in public but they exist and they are making steady progress.So as you waiting you can experience AI machines in the virtual world as programs,chat bots,data storage and others.

| >>278205
Same

| Wake me up when they make real-life lilims

| >>281455
>Invasion of privacy
Like phones don't record us 24/7 anyways, what do you have to fear?
If you really care, just Homebrew it.
>>282149
You do realize the therm "artificial inyelligence" encapsulates virtual intelligence, no?

| I heard about 40% jobs in America can be replaced by AI and I especially remember accounting is one of them.

| Yeah lol

| >>285022 Accounting is already done mostly with a computer. The human is basically the operator inputing data. Find a way to input the data without a dedicated operator and that is it.
Good riddance by the way.

| computers aren' t exploding

| Theyre evolving!

| fake news

Total number of posts: 42, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1526593239

This thread is permanently archived