danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
A Mind Uploading Service?

|

| There's a company called Nectome that can upload your mind to a cloud and the procedure is 100% fatal. I'm not sure if its even true but if it was, would you do it?

| Nectome isn't 'brain uploading' as much as it is 'brain embalming' — which is.. not what you're looking for?

They pump anaesthesia, and their embalming chemicals — everything, while you're still alive; this is where the 100% fatality rate comes from. You're preserving the brain, in hopes that when brain uploading is a thing, they'd pick your brain up, and scan it.

It's a pretty controversial idea. It's both dumb and radical, so we'll have to see where it spins.

| yea I didn't really know much about it I figured it was probably fake but the idea is still interesting

| The problem with the general idea of brain uploading is that you create just your digital copy (for the sake of the argument, let us assume it's actually working). After finishing the procedure, you continue on with your life. It's more akin to giving birth, rather than acieving immortality, imho.

| Sounds messy. Just wait till futurama talking heads in jars are available and just go with that. Shouldn't be too long before that is reality now that Elon Musk is kicking into gear

| The world is big and strange people are everywhere in abundance. There will always be a supply of those who fall for stuff like this.

| Nectome cares more for making money than the idea you might get your brain uploaded. Startups will do anything to sell snake oil. That said, the idea
has merit as long as the brains are preserved long enough, even when Nectome inevitably hemorrhages money through yet another corrupt startup CEO. If i had a nickel for everytime a product like this pops up, I could fail my own Juicero company

| Doesn't Google already know everything about you? And then you write all your posts in social media that's pretty much uploading your thoughts, yeah?

| I just want a fuckin robotic penis
>wtfthefuckcunt

| >>189977 not if you avoid google like the plague

| >>190292 you're missing out on our mass mind uploading

| In ten years, when their money has ran out, I hope you have a backup storage plan for your brain.

Total number of posts: 13, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1521546829

This thread is permanently archived