danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Godot frustration

| Just spent an hour trying to figure out why some Area2Ds weren't colliding. Turns out I had to set up the _on_area_entered signal via the inspector!? You'd think that a script attached to a node would be able to access that node's signals just by having a function named for them. Or at least I thought that. Maybe I'm just dumb. Ugh. Oh well. Now I know.

| godot? more like go fuck yourself. i can either sell my soul to unreal or deal with a clusterfuck of nodes with documentation complete and thorough enough to belong on an aliexpress listing. and good fucking luck simulating complex physics, buddy. the engine chugs more than an old lawnmower trying to chew through a jungle dealing with anything more serious than a 2d platformer from the early 00s.

| still wanna try for a lark? well good luck trying to force fluid dynamics out of something that has a personal vendetta against accurate collisions. you'd think something that prides itself on nodes upon nodes would be robust enough to stop objects phasing through each other like they're made of smoke and mirrors.

| it's a slap in the face to anyone who wants to create immersive and realistic game experiences, really, but hey, all the open source community cares about is its fucking asset flipped momodora clones.

oh, and you know what's hilarious? you know the platform where momodora clones really do well, the switch? too bad, so sad, go cry about it you fucking bozo.
10/10 would develop on again.

| I'M USING GODOT RN! IT'S SOO GOOD AND IT'S FOSS!!!! WHAT YOU MAKE IS YOUR, AND YOU DON'T NEED TO CREDIT GODOT! LIGHTWEIGHT FREE AND OPEN-SOURCE MOMODORA MAKER! DID I SAID IT'S FOSS AND FREE AND OPENSOURCE YET??! OMGGG I LOVE GODOT GDSCRIPT IS THE BEST LANGUAGE EVER INVENTED!! AND IT'S FOSS.

| Thanks g/u/rls. I feel better now.

| >>1018824 look godot is better then you ok? it's better then your family it's better then anyone you have or will know you just gotta learn to live with that

| >>1018862 not setting the bar very high but ok

| I use scratch btw

| >>1018872 touche i've been beat. i accept defeat

| >>1018884 I like Scratch also. It's fun.

| Just use Raylib if you don't want to learn the GUI tools properly, jeez

| >>1018914 Good idea. I'll check that out.

| I want to rail a girl when she developing with godot

| >>1018979
Omg me too. We NEED a sex position where we’re both using computers and we’re just having sex and typing and sweating and kissing but also can see the screen. Google glass and spit Mx keyboards, accessed around each others bodies maybe?

Total number of posts: 15, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1720282881

This thread is permanently archived