danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
i guess it s just practice, anything?

| so which part of music theory
http://openmusictheory.com/
is about turning my one FINGER melody into something like this? https://youtu.be/oh3tsQ8zpS0

just practice scales and chords?

| basically embelishing, harmonically create the "sound"?

| bump, i mean what do you think is bein played? what are the chords/progressions or the kind of embelishment/harmony is being done?

| given, covering pops and mainstream song being sort of basic... would therr be some, basic way to choose chords and notes to play a song by memory while keeping in mind its melody, style/scale and bein able to improvise/cover the song as similar and as natural, recognizable? i can only recall lyrics and the sound but not usually hit the right notes until several times and once restarted i will do the same problems again...

| so i thought naturally since songs are sort of progressions of chords to chords... is there some sort of logic how chord changes to follow the song/scales? i must ve missed something in the theory but i dunno which...

| Normally people write a chord progression and then a melody. A melody has root notes which are notes in the chords behind it. I don't really know how to work it out though cause I only make very simple stuff and I just do that by ear.

| I have heard that the most popular pop songs are written melody first now, but I think that's one of those things that only works once you're really good.

| >>808304 hmmm question is how do i choose the progression to match my memory and then improvise it

>>808305 hmmm.. obviously? dont pop songs usually rely alot on lyric? and then instruments kinda follow.... i am kinda trying to play for fun....

| As far as I know in order to improvise over chords you need to recognise root note of each chord and which scales work with it. The function of a chord also somehow affects your decision but I don't know much about chord functions except for base 3 ones. Anyways, don't take what I just said for granted, I just thought that sharing my little piece of "kinda knowledge" might give you an idea what to search for.

Total number of posts: 9, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1638148007

This thread is permanently archived