danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Favouritr genre of music?

| For me i like indie pop,synthwave and bunch of lo-fi shits.

| Alt rock, math rock, indie rock, basically 00s and 10s rock.

Power metal and symphonic metal.

90s and 00s pop punk/punk rock, which tbh I'm still embarassed to admit.

Classical.

Artcore. Drum n Bass. Some dubstep. 170bpm minimum or bust.

| gonna sound like a dumbass for this one but I mostly only listen to videogame osts. really anything goes but va11 hall a, rivals of aether, katana zero, persona 5 are some personal favorites. aside from that, space age e pop and disco is a good genre and I will not hear anything to the contrary

| mostly I like dance stuff, but lots of EDM is too cliche for me to enjoy. House, IDM, drum and bass, etc are all good.
I also like math rock and psych(?) rock.

| Prog, art, alternative and classic rock, bit of jazzy stuff, math rock, some electronic music.

| >>8febf7 Me too, always a little awkward to explaining that to others... But it's nice to have some emotional connection to the tracks. And there's usually no vocals which makes them nice to listen to when working on stuff.
Also, I used to play osu, which got me into Japanese music (metal, rock, vocaloid, etc.) and I've found some pretty good bands/circles through youtube recommendations and through Comiket (more of the same and some shoe gaze and jazz)

| Japanese post-rock has this tone to it that I love.
I also like jazz, funk, math rock, and 80s japanese funk (stuff you could picture hearing in a commercial or in a taxi late at night).

| Sad vaporwave / ambient / dreampunk, noisy lo-fi, weird EDM, chiptune and VGM

| I'm all over the place with music. Prog is epic, post-hardcore is very good, synthwave is very nice (Peturbator makes me pop OFF), some indie pop is always welcome, ofc indie/alt/math/post rock are all good genres, and love me some more general poppy electronic music from time to time.

| True Metal

| gabber music or slavic folk music

| Whatever genre electric light orchestra is considered

| You all are making me feel silly. I'm >>00c964 but I used to be that person who only listens to game soundtrack too. I just gradually explore more music until I can pick out my taste and even sorta identify music by their decade now.

I still listen to video game music a lot. This is perfectly valid.

| I'm always getting confused with genres, like I literally don't know what genres, the songs, I listen to are

| >>552480
>>553313
>>554578
Cringe
>>553390
>dreampunk
Based
>>553986
>gabber music or slavic folk music
Ok, we're reaching levels of Based that shouldn't be allowed on this board.

My favorite genres are twee pop and instrumental hip-hop (not chill beats to relax/study to).

The genres that i hate the most are false twee pop and riot grrrl.

| >>555278 you should feel bad for calling other people's favorite music cringe

| >>555293
>calling other people's favorite music cringe
Cringe

that's my way to apologize

| >>555305 if you're saying that's your mannerism for an apology then I'll just believe your words and accept you're trully sorry
Btw anime musi is my favorite genre

| Acid Jazz all the way

| Mine favourite genres have changed alot the past few years. Probably because I'm only 18. But rn I love breakcore, all hardcore, speedcore, 90-00s techno.

Before that it was lo-fi hip-hop/house, vaporwave, synthwave, future funk

And before that it was like, electro, glitch hop, Dubstep which I kind of can't stand anymore

But I'm moving towards mathrock and post rock a lot rn

| For y’all that are talking about post rock and similar genres, I’ve gotta shill my favorite band of all time, Moving Mountains. They’re a very post rock influenced post hardcore band and their music is beautiful. Pneuma is perhaps my favorite album of all time, and their eponymous album is a good less intense starting point with their music. pls listen and report back

| Videogame music.

| Electroswing and dark cabaret

| Absolutely love Indie Rock, alternative rock, and stuff like that.

| >>555978 iDKHOW, AJR, Starset, half·alive?

| kpop

| Progressive rock/metal, but I get laughed at when I say I listen to Dream Theater.

| >>553872
+1

| >>556591
>Dream Theater
that's based as hell. no cringe at all.

| >>553872
anyways, i'm curious, which subgenere do you think it's the true form of metal? the first bands like black sabbath or something?

| >>556706
Afaik there's only manowar who are "true"

| >>556704
What's your fav DT album? Mine is octavarium.

| >>556856
sorry anon but i'm not a dream theater connoisseur :( i've only listened to images and words and train of thought, but i prefer the former. it's a bit cringy but i only know dream theater because od mike portnoy's beatles cover band, yellow matter custard.

| >>556858
It's all cool, if you liked i&w I'd highly recommend Awake, it's basically a more matured version of i&w, all band members are more technically proficient and the songwriting is significantly better.
Portnoy's playing and sound is insane on that album.
Also check out "A change of seasons" (a 20 minute song)

| If I have to pick one, definitely alt rock since it encompasses so many bands I love and let to rock expanding into new ideas over the past couple of decades.

| Chiptunes, retrowave, vgm

|

╦ ╦╦╔╦╗╔═╗╦ ╦ ╦ ╦╔═╗╦ ╦╔═╗╔═╗
║║║║ ║ ║ ╠═╣ ╠═╣║ ║║ ║╚═╗║╣
╚╩╝╩ ╩ ╚═╝╩ ╩ ╩ ╩╚═╝╚═╝╚═╝╚═╝

| >>557717
what have you done to my witch house you ruined everything it looked perfect when i typed it

| Lofi hip-hop, electro, jazz, 80s 90s rock, bassicly old musik

| I love sex.

| >>557754
Me too g/u/rl, me too

| abstract hip hop, neoclassical darkwave (love that shit), post-punk, lo-fi house, american primitivism, anything vaporwave

| >>557955
i've only listened to a few William Ackerman and Chapel Hill Records, but i think that american primitivism is great. do you have any recommendations? the records i listened to were pretty acoustic guitar centric but i don't mind something different.

| I like a lot if things, but I guess cumbia and latin jazz are above everything else

Total number of posts: 44, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1557156425

This thread is permanently archived