danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Be straight with me.

| Thoughts on "stealing" music?

(as in using a third party converter to grab the audio of a video (in this case a music video))

| Well, there's no way for me to buy some music that I'm really into, you know, for example, I'm a big fan of SU-synthpop-bands, well the people who have the same taste usually call it 'sovietwave'. I hope you get the idea. And how the heck I'm supposed to buy something like that? So, that's why I decided to 'steal' it by using some torrents or whatever.
Oh, and if you don't have money to buy music, I think it's fair to free download it, because music is art. And art is free.

| >>512629 art is not free that's dumb as fuck, just because something is free doesn't make it art and just because something cost money doesn't make it not art

| >>512618 makes sense to be legally dubious but morally I don't see anything wrong with it if you can't buy it normally or it's inconvenient to do so, eg if it's on your music provider of choice buy it, if you need a VPN and a translator to buy it, or it's like 60$ to ship a CD to you I say have at it

| >>512712
Well, I just said that if you don't have money, but you enjoy music, is that really wrong to 'steal' it? Seriously, you can freely listen to music on YouTube, and download it because you're really love an artist, and appreciate his/her work so much. And the love of a fan it the greatest reward for an artist, I suppose.

| Yar har, fiddle dee dee, being a pirate is alright with me~

| As an artist, art isn't always free! Plz feed me. ;~; Let me keep doing what you love by letting me eat. By viewing on YouTube (and other platforms) rather than downloading it, we get those yummy YouTube (and other platforms) monies (which still kinda suck, but they're better than nothing).

| Who buys music?

| >>512731
You want to eat, like, the hell, g/u/rl, are you a capitalist or something? **laughs in russian**

| g/u/rl, i'm gonna be gay with you and say that you should definitely support smaller indie artist by buying or streaming their music

| >>512768 thank you! Steal the stuff from the big guys. They already have enough money. But when it comes to smaller indie artists, it's just mean to steal.

| (OP) i love using this place for random curious thoughts.

Sides that, how would one go about "stealing" music?

| fildo is my go to for stealing music

my justification is welllll i'm a student with no income + i support the local bands i listen to by going to their gigs & buying their merch

| (OP) what about songs from YT? (the sites going to shit so i wanna get what i like before someone goes and hacks the site)

| >>513318 lots of ways, regular torrent sites, downloading if off YouTube (which also breaks ToS) or similar sites, and the classic, "I uploaded their discography to mega the password is "l337h@xor"

Total number of posts: 15, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1544641317

This thread is permanently archived