danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Stylish video game music

| Any series you guys like (or standalone games) which have a distinguished musical style?
One that comes to mind for me is Persona. I loved the music from 3 and 4. I'm liking the music in 5 so far too (I'm late at playing the game), but 5 definitely has some of the worst English vocals...

| Nier automata I guess

| Danganronpa

| Ape Escape 3
Bayonetta
Shantae Half Genie Hero [or any]
Jet Set Radio
The World Ends with You
Hyper Light Drifter
Spyro [the first three, any]
[Not out yet] Burrito Galaxy

Lastly, if you're a fan of Persona music I suggests you check of Shin Megami Tensei's other OSTs too!

Happy listening :^)

| I mean, I'd argue if a game's soundtrack doesn't have a diatinctive style to fit the rest of the game, then it's just not a good soundtrack.

So I guess literally every good game then.

Gonna add to the list anyway tho
- FTL
- Hollow Knight

| > 5 definitely has some of the worst English vocals...
Holy shit are you joshing me? P5's songs have thoughtful lyrics and great vocal that aren't engrish for once. Maybe you just aren't into jazz singing?

| >>8777b5 I love the singer and rapper to death, I really do, and i love jazz music//singing- but I actually agree with OP... The singing sounds kind of cheesy or forced out in some parts. This doesn't stop my from enjoying the music, but its apparent that they are a bit out of there element for this kind of music. I can. It them some slack for this, though, because neither of them have experience doing vocals for acid jazz... In that way, I guess it is really good for a first try!

| Oldie but a goodie, Link's Awakening scratches that nostalgic music itch.

Otherwise can't really pinpoint one. The portal 2 soundtrack was really well made for the game, but on its own its meh

| >>292454
Uhh, you do realise P3/P4/P5 all have different singers, right?

| >>289500 I really dig " A Sky Full of Stars " . Such a relaxing tune. I use it for my morning alarm now.

| I didn't describe some because I was too lazy to come up with more words:

Ace Attorney
VVVVVV
Sword and Sworcery (Has it's own sound thanks to Jim Guthrie)
Starcraft
The Binding of Isaac: Rebirth and DLCs (Ridiculon paid extra attention to details. There so many little thing in the soundtrack that make it unique)
Tetris (just joking here)
FEZ (atmospheric music with original approach to themes. Partly ambient)
Souls series (has great orchestra pieces)

| Oh, And Hotline Miami of course

| Steins;Gate

| >>293070 Tetris is awesome.

| Well, touhou has great music, just not the stle of Persona.

| Also Furi

| Else heart break ()

| Unreal Tournament.

| >>293987 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eEcPakW42JU

| S4 League
dat very old game but
best "Stylish" game ever

ever ever ever

| >>293997
God, I love the UT ost.
This one is my fave:
https://youtu.be/qR9kvbXt4tk

| Endless Space/Legend has an amazing soundtrack, surprised noone mentioned it yet

| Lethal League and Slap Happy Rhythm Busters got a Jet Set Radio urban breakbeat/electronic feel.

MotorStorm: Apocalyse's music had music done by DJ Shadow and Nosia, which suits the whole "racing a in collapsing city" setting very well.

zYnthetic's work on the original Killing Floor game is phenominal for me. I love decaying urban feel that his music and the game gives off all the time.

Lastly, the original(Bungie) Halo soundtracks are glorious. Marty O' Donnell's work shines.

| >>294030 FIGHT SHOW ME YO S 4!

| System Shock
https://youtu.be/4qBe3qo2uuA

| Sonic Rush
Best video game ost all time. Sonic mania is pretty good as well

| >>296047 its the dude from jet set radio!! Love his work

| Darksiders 2 has a criminally under recognized soundtrack.

| Street Fighter III Third Strike for a great mix of Hip Hop and Samba
Darius Gaiden for a dreamlike experiente
Cho Aniki for pure weirdness

| *experience

| super smash bros????

| No

| persona series, danganronpa, hotline miami, NieR Automata, Jet Set Radio, Metal Gear Rising Revengenance (nice fusion of electro and metal), the binding of isaac and super meat boy

| also, entire DJMax OST

| Let it Die OST is awesome to

| Ubermosh OST

| Portal 2. Probably the best, most creative soundtrack I've ever heard!!

| >>291413 Lryically yes, but some of the pronunciation is just too accented.

| *Lyrically

| kingdom hearts tends to use several(really beautiful imo) musical themes to represent characters, and it's quite cool when they put the themes through musical developments. it's classical, & if it interests u, u shud check out yoko shimomomura's "memoria!" album. has stuff from other jrpg games too.

persona 3's soundtrack is bae, and i really haven't found any video game music like it, sry :(

| Hm. Hollow Knight, Rakuen, the Scott Pilgrim Video Game... I could go on.

| >>60e3f7
boi, dat pentavision games.
S4 League too :)

| Payday 2

| I am missing Celeste and Risk of Rain here...

| Lisa: the painful, the joyful, and pointless, also both hotline Miami games.

| >>299698 *the pointless

| The original Deus Ex.

| VA11-HA11A

|

| American McGee's Alice OST by Chris Vrenna. Favourite
dark ambient album

Total number of posts: 50, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1527775214

This thread is permanently archived