danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Imagine thinking edm is good lol

|

| I know this is bait but what's wrong with it?

| Imagine someone posting low effort baiting to pass their time lol

| >>285926 95% of it sounds the same. Very few genuinely good edm. Its also a genre that takes like, little to no talent to produce because of how u can follow simple patterns & shit and people will still like it

| >>286123 hey I was in class getting bored. Also its a fact that edm is a sub par genre, be it a bait

| Not the edms on the radio, fuck those.
There are genuine quality edm out there as it is by far the largest genre. Try going underground, and you will find a subgenre that suits you. Here are some of mine, search them up on YouTube or something.

| Never Say Die:Black Label for Riddims
Inspector Dubplate for halftimes
Division Recordings for Leftfield Bass
The Dub Rebellion for dubstep/bass
Renraku(on soundcloud) for the weird shits
And check out UKF, all three of them, they're back to how good they were before 2013.
Most importantly, get a sound system or headphone that reproduces ample subbass and have wide soundstage at least.

| Yea, Im pretty fucking tired of people bashing EDM, not because our opinions disalign, but because they have only heard the terrible ones.
EDM can be a serious genre with immense passion for music, but its just that most people aren't that into music but to pleasant sounds, which mainstream EDM produces.

| Well, I don't think there is anything wrong with most performers from Monstercat, such as Krewella and Vicetone. Their tracks are at least different compared to each other. Of course there are lots of shitty dubstep which sounds like puking, but edm has several different forms and sorts, so...

| edm is pretty broad but a lot of it is kinda shit. not to say there isn't any good edm, because there definitely is

| Hey, I like good EDM, but okay, I admit 80% of the genre is pretty bad.

If you're talking radio EDM, that's 99% bad.

Sure, EDM usually follows similar patterns, but it's the little moments, little additions to the patterns that make them good.

| >>286654 Monstercat generally has shit artists. I like Tristam and Pegboard Nerds somewhat, but they're still objectively bad. I'll check em out though.

And yes, edm has many shapes and forms. It's a very broad term that basically refers to anything computer music into one genre, when there are actually so many variations.

| Anyways, usually the best edm are the old edm. But you can also look for Infected Mushroom or Deadmau5. Those two I think are a staple of good edm. I'm more of a Porter Robinson or Snail's House kind of guy though. Other slightly more obscure ones I enjoy are Auvic, She Music, Sta at Bit192, and Hyleo.

And do your god damn best to avoid top tier normie shit like Bassjackers or Afrojack.

Total number of posts: 13, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1526736751

This thread is permanently archived