danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
What is your favorite genre and what are its biggest weaknesses?

| Classical.

Limitations on instrumentation. Synthesizers should become part of the orchestra. Movie soundtracks are catching on to this, but they are also very distanced nowadays from classical/romantic structure and core genre tenets.

| Leftfield Bass.
Lack of variety due to lack of producer caused by lack of popularity.

Also Riddim.
Too many shitty producers with copy-pasterino, non-existant sound design and creativity. But there are a select few godlike producer, and I pray they will pave the way.

| Neither of those genres are ones I'm really familiar with. I'll have to give a listen. Recommend me one of those godlike producers?

| >>285783 I like Erik Satie and Tchaikovsky for classical. Not very recent but still good.

| Hi, im >>d42abc. Try searching for Division Recordings, or
Never Say Die : Black Label.
Ill tell you beforehand, its a taste very different from classical, though their creativity and potential may be up to par.

| ^ Oops forgot this, >>53d30f

| Progressive rock.
10 minutes straight of instrumental wankery might not be for everyone I think.

| thrash and doom, and the amount of bad bands is too damn high

| Multiplayer fps and my teamates

| Synthwave and D'n'b.
They both have a rather specific gimmick that will eventually leave the artist out of options creatively.

| Metalcore has a lot of good bands, but it's biggest weakness is bands either going soft to become more popular and bands that abuse breakdowns because they don't know how to write songs

|

| Prog rock. It's best music came out half a century ago and all of the new shit is just obsessed with being complicated and nothing else.

| Alternative / Indie

Innovation without real innovation, or one that matters.

| Probs Lo-Fi

Although the big downside's how much qualifies as lofi and how you really got to sift through a lot.

| >>ec61fa What's the gimmick?

| I like math metal and breakcore.

Both are hard to get into, because of the ridiculous time signatures. The latter is horribly inconsistent in terms of its style

| Classic

It gets a lot of hate from other people and its quiet expensive to get live tickets for concerts.

And by he way
>>284697
I dont think it has limitations it is just a little bit outdated.

| Dubstep

Sadly most of it is pretty shit though

| Lofi/Vaporwave
A lot of it is kind of same-y and not very good, but the good stuff is good.

Total number of posts: 20, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1527273367

This thread is permanently archived