danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Why do people enjoy metal/heavy metal music

| How is this music pleasant to the your ears?? I get headaches by listening to it

| Why do people enjoy Pop/hip-hop/rap/rock/folk/most electronic music?

How is this music pleasant to the your ears?? I get headaches by listening to it

| What a normie

| Better listen "Acidic Vaginal Liquid Explosion Generated By Mass Amounts Of Filthy Fecal Fisting And Sadistic Septic Syphilic Sodomy Inside The Infected Maggot Infested Womb Of A Molested Nun Dying Under The Roof Of A Burning Church While A Priest Watches And Ejaculates In Immense Perverse Pleasure Over His First Fresh Fetus" band for real music

| xavlegbmaofffassssitimiwoamndutroabcwapwaeiippohfffx in a tiny understandable shortcut

| Why does anyone enjoy anything?

| Because it's good

| It's an acquired taste, admitedly.

Personally, I find the unrelenting drum beats and bass lines therapeutic while the melodic guitar layer are beautiful as they rise from the controlled chaos.

I'm more into power and symphonic metal and avoid death metal like the plague tho. It's different for everybody.

| Because they want

| As someone who has listened to metal, played it, watched others perform and still listens to it every day I have to say it's unique. Metal has many subgenres and they're fun to explore. Mainly I find that it wakes me up, focuses me and gives me a place to funnel my negative emotions. It also serves as a reminder of the darker side of life. Plus, there's no better workout music than metal. \m/

| it's the roar of the soul

| I like metal because of the complexity and somewhat greater unpredictability vs other genres.

What really makes metal special to me is the unique combination of
-complex rhythms/polyrhythms
-structured melody and harmony
-less pitched/more percussive vocals (like rap, spoken word)
-intellectual approach to composition
-yet informal approach to content and sonic presentation

Not many genres bring all these flexible and powerful aspects together so coherently.

| It sounds "cool".
And it is.
What I wonder is why metalheads dismiss hip hop as "not real music".
I used to be mostly into metal but got into electric and rap stuff at some point as well. All my friends who like metal absolutly hate it and it's weird. I kind of used to be like that too, with pop music. But why get so offended by an energetic beat with a black guy rapping over it?

| Admittedly I got into metal due to the opening of Carmageddon 1 on the PC. Fear Factory(Industrial Metal), was my gateway into it.

I throughly enjoy metal as it relates to some negative feelings I have when get into rough patches. But also due to the fact that it helps me concentrate due to it's flow of it, as >>f0ce6f perfectly describes.

Plus, it is more of an specific taste. So if your looking into getting into it, there is a whole bloody seas worth of bands and genres to try.

| >>282934 Because like the sound of it

| >>284682
what kind of metal are you listening to?
serious question, because to me a lot of metal seems super homogenous and plain

| >>285102 >>f0ce6f here. Metal is pretty homogeneous. That doesn't mean individual songs aren't unpredictable. Imagine a genre defined by randomly generated frequencies. Every song in the genre would sound really similar but individually they would be unpredictable.

Anyways:
Healter Skelter - Shining
The Passage (Pearl Gray) - The Painters
And Then She Bled - Suicide Silence
Kevlar Sweethearts - Diablo Swing Orchestra

Some people quibble over if these are metal
┐( ˘_˘)┌

| It is the scream of my soul
It is the war within my soul
And it feels soooo goood
Like a morning fresh cold air
And in the same time like a fire that's burning inside you
It's like you're playing a game locked in 30fps ant then BOOM it is 60fps!

| 'cos everyone is unique, and feel and perceive anything in different ways, music is an example of that.

| >>283028

Total number of posts: 20, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1526677502

This thread is permanently archived