danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Your opinion on lofi hip hop?

| What's your opinion on lofi hip-hop and if it's your thing got any suggestions?

| My opinion is that it's a dime a dozen genre and half the people who like it just listen to see what sample they'll pull from old or obscure shows/anime. That being said Atlus is okay. So in tompabeats. Forgive me if I get the names wrong. Thatguyblacktriforce makes good game remixes like his mmbn6 judge tree remix was dope.

| >>282908
I agree with you, there's some decent songs here and there, but it's mostly just meh.

| Yeah I've noticed that too it's like you can come across a good song once and then not come across another for like what 15-20

| I think it's generally very good if you're in the right mood or want it in the background while doing something else, but wouldn't want to listen to it all the time.

| But even though i like it, very few songs or artists stand out at all

| It gud 4 sleep

| I don't hate it but like, chill hop and jazz hop have been around for years, what made lofi hip hop explode in popularity?

| >>284170 recent American cultural obsession with 80s-early 90s nostalgia + weariness of manufactured rap aka people looking to go back to "real" rap/hip-hop.

The nostalgia obsession itself is caused by people longing for a time when the world seemed more under control and less "pixel perfect" - super HQ modern design in all aspects of life making things seem to have lost their "human touch"

That's my guess anyways. Not saying it's actually right. I'm no chessmaster lol

| L O F I B E A T S T O C H I L L / S T U D Y T O

| It's pretty cool. Just really comfy and nice to have on in the background.
Only a hipster or someone really cynical would dislike something so innocent.

| >>285425 I'm>>44ce80 . You better not be talking about me :P I like the genre

>>285219 lol but this title can get tiresome

| same thing that happened with vaporwave. it's gotten oversaturated, there's still some really good/unique songs but you have to dig a little deep to find them

| It makes nice background music for rainy evenings making dinner, like tonight

| Not bad. Perfect for listening on the background.

| Shit

| It's getting very saturated by this point, too much artists doing the exact same shit

| Sounds like some funky Nigger jazz music

| Low effort boring music

| There will always be shit songs in every damn genre. Deal with it. But it's true though that few stand out with lofi. Most songs bleed into one another.

| >>285780 I wasn't don't worry

| its the new vaporwave, every artist doing the exact same shit. no creativity whatsoever, its literally a formula at this point.

Total number of posts: 22, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1526816800

This thread is permanently archived