danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Starting a DnD game

| But which edition should I go for? 7th? 8th? Or old school like 4?

| Four was pretty garbage. Fifth was the standard for awhile until the political arguments over the original 9 alignments got out of hand. You should def check out the latest release, 9th- its what the upcoming Trideo-MMORPG is based on.

| There's so many RPG tabletop systems, consider running something else than DND.

| >>881783 I mean, if you never did. Expanding your rpg horizons is fun

| I think the system you use should match the style of the game you want to run. DnD seems to be a middle ground for math complexity in combat.

| >>881796 IF YOU DON'T SOLVE THIRD ORDER DIFFERENTIALS TO CALCULATE YOUR REAL TIME SKILL BONUS YOU'RE NOT EVEN USING THE TABLE YOUR GODDAMN TABLETOP IS HAPPENING ON AND YOUR ANCESTORS DERIVE NO PRIDE OF YOU
*throws chalk at*

| >>881797

>not being able to calculate all possible chances of throwing a 2H sword fifty meters to strike the one inch sized eye of a greater OmegaVelociTyrannaRaptor while imbued with Helm's Codpiece.

What are you, some kind of meatbag?

-NotaRobot

| My sister in lain, DnD was shit 50 years ago, it is still fucking shit

| Imagine using DnD. Pathfinder is the way.

| >>882105
It's still shit. It's all shit.

| I prefer Sword World 6.5.
Way better system, imo. Has none of the problems DnD has had since forever that they refuse to change because they are 'core to the experience'. My grandma played 2.0 back in the 20's, I like listening to her campaign stories from time to time.

|

| >Not using pathfinder 2nd edition

Fucking casuals

| >>882434
Dude 2e is fucking antiquated, just run 6e.

| Maybe it's not about the systems, but the fun adventures we have and the friends we make along the way!
-Alix

| >>882492
6e is dogshit, I prefer 4e.

| Fifth edition is the way to go.

| >>882701
It is, but I'd rather use a system that isn't painful to use.
We play Shadowrun 5th Edition. My parents had a collection of those books. It seems a little redundant, but its also still a lot of fun. Also, seeing all the stuff they got right and oh so wrong is always a good time. Predicting the future is a bitch haha

| >>883215
That is true, though I have to say that not all old systems are painful or even that bad. Not flawless, but not bad either.

I still have an old DnD 5e books that my great-great grandmother had that I still sometimes run with my husband and some of our friends! It is quite fun!
-Alix

| well I think 5e sucks. The newer editions aren't much better either.

Total number of posts: 20, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1658998525

This thread is permanently archived