danger/u/
[DATASTREAM] |||##|||###||

| >||###|||
>##||||||
>###||||
>####||||
>GREETINGS FROM DATAMAX.
>YOURS SINCE NA/NA/NULL
>INSTALLING COORD.......
>FAILURE
>ACCOUNT SUSPENDED.
>PLEASE ENTER YOUR CREDENTIALS.
>####||||||##|||||
>|##||||||||######
>USER "RICHARD KENNEDY" HAS BEEN RECOGNIZED
>INITIATING TRAVEL INTERFACE...
>.....
>....
>.....
>FAILURE
>NOISE.
>ERROR.4576 [DECAGRAMMATON]
>RULING OUT THE ARK....
>OPERATING IN SAFE MODE.
>welcome.
>...............................


| >##WELCOME TO THE TRAVEL CHANNEL##
>CURRENTLY OPERATING IN SAFE MODE
>USER ID: ARK
>"BRINGING YOU TO A PLACE."
>SINCE 1760


>NEWS:
>88/88/88 SIMSENSE TRAVEL, LEAVE YOUR BODY BEHIND! FOR GOOD.
>88/88/88 WELCOME TO GLITCH CITY! DONT STAY TOO LONG.
>21/11/7X NEW OPENINGS FILLED. LOOK UP RELATIVES IN THE NEWS FOR PROOF OF EMPLOYMENT. WE WILL NOT RETURN THEM.
>23/11/7X NEW BRANCH PROJECT COMMENCED. BE NICE TO THE NEW OPERATORS.

>ACCESSING MENU.


| >MAIN MENU
>------Current location: ||###||-----
>Local Time: NONE
>Current weather: N/A
>SIM SENSE MODE: CURRENTLY OFFLINE
>------USER: SLEEPLESSEYE------
>Messages: (5)
>Travel history: 2340
>Auth: INVISIBLE
>SOULSCREAM: ARCAND
>------------------------------
>Please enter DIAL to begin travelling
>Enter HELP to scream helplessly.
>ENTER THE LINE OF ONE LETTER COMMANDS TO SHUT OFF SAFEMODE.
>PLEASE BE PATIENT WHILE WE RECONNECT YOU TO THE MAIN NETWORK.
>FAILURE! (1)
[command]


| HELP


| >>807100
>A WAILING.
>WAITING ON RESPONSE FROM SYSTEM ADMINISTRATORS.....
>..........................
>.........................
>......................
>..................
>....................
>...........................
>.......................
>CLICK.
>NOBODY ANSWERS.
>RETURNING TO MENU....


| >MAIN MENU
>------Current location: ||###||-----
>Local Time: MISSING
>Current weather: N/A
>SIM SENSE MODE: CURRENTLY OFFLINE
>------USER: SLEEPLESSEYE------
>Messages: (5)
>Travel history: 2340
>Auth: INVISIBLE
>SOULSCREAM: ARCAND
>------------------------------
>Please enter DIAL to begin travelling
>Enter HELP to scream helplessly.
>ENTER THE LINE OF ONE LETTER COMMANDS TO SHUT OFF SAFEMODE.
>PLEASE BE PATIENT WHILE WE RECONNECT YOU TO THE MAIN NETWORK.
>FAILURE! (2)


| MESSAGES


| >>807205
>FIVE MESSAGES ARE AWAITING TO BE READ.
>RETRIEVING:
>...........
>.........
>...........
>MESSAGES INCLUDE:
>[SAFEMODE GUIDELINES]
>[RE:WARNING]
>[RE:RE:RE:THEGREATFAULT]
>[BROCHURE]
>[I'M WAITING]
>PLEASE SELECT A MESSAGE TO READ
[command]


| thought my """""soulscream""""" was smth else.........

>MESSAGES


| >>807327
........christ

>[I'M WAITING]

-DEADEYE


| >>807329
>READING MESSAGE
>[OBJECT: I'M WAITING]
>[SENT TO: [USER]]
>[FROM: HOUGETSU]
>"I'm still waiting for a visit! I'll be under the rain, I have so much to say! I hope anyone reading this will come and see me. I'm tired of waiting..."
>[SENT FROM: ABERDEEN]
>[DATE OF: 56/13/1XXX]


| >>807335
............

>MESSAGE
>[SAFEMODE GUIDELINES]

-DEADEYE


| >>807347
>READING MESSAGE
>[OBJECT: SAFEMODE GUIDELINE]
>[SENT TO: [R.K]]
>[FROM: XV]
>"Regarding the usage of Safe-mode, please be aware that only select locations are available while operating in safe-mode. These locations include: PUR, ABD, TGF, SEA, ISL, LOP, RFL. While in safe-mode, please refrain from cutting the connection until we reconnect you to the main server. Please don't be rash. If you wish to know more, use the SUPPORT command to enter into contact with local help"


| hm........recognize like 3 of those

>MESSAGES
>[RE: WARNING]

-DEADEYE


| >>807364
>READING MESSAGE
>[OBJECT: RE:WARNING]
>[SENT TO: [USER]]
>[FROM: DATAMAX]
>"We do not appreciate threats. We will not reply further to any of your messages or adress any of your demands, the Travel Network is a Supranational entity, under the umbrella of the Maltese hospitalier order and DATAMAX. While burrow is an important node in our systems, we refuse to cede the network's authority to your band of thugs in ties."
>[SENT FROM: ROME]
>[DATE OF:10/11/24]


| ......the fuck?????smbdy been using my account to shit other people off??????

>MESSAGES
>[RE:RE:RE:THEGREATFAULT]

-DEADEYE


| >>807382
>READING MESSAGE
>[MESSAGE CORRUPTED, RETRIEVING DATA...]
>DONE
>[OBJECT: RE:RE:RE:THEGREATFAULT]
>[SENT TO: [R.K]]
>[FROM: XIRIA]
>"I don't know what to tell you. I've never been. I'm not too keen on it either. Also, what account are you using, this isn't your usual one is it? Talk to you later."
>[SENT FROM: BURROW, COLORADO]
>[DATE OF: 20/11/68]


| .........what the fuck????????what the fuck whos been fucking w/ my shit??????

>MESSAGES
>[BROCHURE]

-DEADEYE


| >>807385
>READING MESSAGE
>[OBJECT: BROCHURE]
>[SENT TO: [USER]]
>[FROM: [ARU GRANT]]
>ATTACHED PIECE: BROCHURE.JPX
>A large scale brochure, featuring a tall masked man holding a giant tuna, it says: COME TEST YOUR METTLE IN THE HOTTEST COOKING TOURNAMENT DOWN THE 49TH PARRALLEL!
>His apron is horrific looking, a mix of yellow and brown, it looks like it belongs in a new-age museum rather than on a person.
>the text on it reads: "ABSOLUTE MENACE"


| >MAIN MENU
>PUR


| >>807389
>INVALID COMMAND.
>RETRY?


| >>807388
...........aw fuck

ok whats...........up w/this safemode shit

>SUPPORT

-DEADEYE


| >>807420
>CONTACTING LOCAL DATABASE FOR SUPPORT.
>NOW CONNECTED TO LOCAL SUPPORT USER: "TRV"
>"TRV": WELCOME TO LOCAL SUPPORT MODE, SAFE-MODE IS CURRENTLY ENGAGED DUE TO A WIDESPREAD ERROR CODE IN THE TRAVEL NETWORK'S WORLDWIDE CHANNELS, THESE ERRORS MAY BE CAUSED DUE TO TECHNICAL ISSUES OR THE FALL OF BOTH GOVERNEMENT AND CIVILIZATION.
>SAFE MODE ALLOWS SIMPLE TRAVEL TO THE INNER NETWORK OF LOCALES, SITUATED IN THAT PLACE.
>IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS, ASK THEM NOW.


| >............whats gonna happen if i turn OFF safemode

-DEADEYE


| >>807428
>"TRV": QUERY ACCEPTED.
>RESPONSE: DEPENDING ON THE STATE OF THE NETWORK, IT MAY SIMPLY HELP RETURN TO THE NORMAL OPERATING MODE IF THE ERROR IS CLIENT SIDE. BUT, IF THE ERROR IS NETWORK-WIDE, IT MAY CAUSE SEVERAL ISSUES WHICH MAY ESCALATE INTO TERRIBLE CONSEQUENCES. IT IS NOT RECOMMENDED TO TURN OFF SAFEMODE UNTIL CONTACTED BY AN ADMINISTRATOR OR DATAMAX PERSONEL.
>FURTHER DETAILS CAN BE FOUND IN THE TRAVEL NETWORK WAIVER.


| ..........ok yea im not here to fuck shit up more

>whos been sending messages w/ MY account?????????

-DEADEYE


| >>807448
>"TRV": QUERY ACCEPTED.
>RESPONSE: LAST USER ACTIVITY WAS FROM BURROW COLORADO, UNDER THE CODENAME: DECAGRAMMATON, PERSONAL NAME: RICHARD KENNEDY, ALSO KNOWN AS REO XXVI.
>R.K IS THE NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR OF THE BURROW NODE.
>SOULSCREAM IS ARCAND, AUTHENTICATOR IS "INVISIBLE"


| ...........

>.............what was it they sent that earned that warning

-DEADEYE


| >>807450
>"TRV": QUERY ACCEPTED.
>RESPONSE: HE SEEMED TO BE UNDER THE IMPRESSION THAT HE COULD "TAKE OVER" THE NETWORK, HIS ACTIONS RESULTED IN A NETWORK WIDE ERROR. HE HAS BEEN USING MULTIPLE ACCOUNTS TO SEND BOTH THREATS AND CODE BOMBS, ALTHOUGH THE INFORMATION ABOUT THOSE SPECIFIC ACCOUNTS CANNOT BE SHARED DUE TO YOUR CURRENT USER LEVEL.


| ............

>how can i make it right??????

-DEADEYE


| >>807454
>"TRV": CONTACTING EITHER THE TRAVEL NETWORK HQ AT DATAMAX WOULD BE THE BEST WAY TO FIX THE ERRORS, BUT OUR SERVICE PERSONNEL IS ALREADY ON THE CASE.
>FEEL FREE TO SIMPLY USE THE CHANNEL AS YOU WOULD NORMALLY WHILE WE FIX ANY LINGERING ERRORS THAT MAY OCCUR.
>IN THE EVENT THAT ALL ELSE FAILS, PLEASE CONTACT THE KEEPER AT THE SEASIDE.


| >thanks

>have i met them before??????

no wait if smbdys been using my handle they prob have no idea

-DEADEYE


| >>807458
>"TRV": QUERY INVALID.


| ask stupid questions get stupid answers.........

>whatre the places i can dial???????cant understand em when theyre 3 letters

-DEADEYE


| >>807460
>"TRV": CURRENT AVAILABLE LOCATIONS ARE:
>PURPURA - THEGREATFAULT - SEASIDE - ISLAND - ABERDEEN -LOOP - RAINYFIELDS .


| ........huh

>thanks

getsus msgs from aberdeen...........said shed be """""under the rain"""""""" tho

>DIAL

lets hope i remember how to do this.......

-DEADEYE


| >DIAL
>[][][]
>DIRECTORY
>CALL
>CLOSE DIAL
>Please enter the number you wish to call, enter the directory or return to the menu.
>RUNNING IN SAFE MODE, PLEASE USE SIMPLE EXTENSIONS.


| uhhhhhhhhhh

>RFL

thats right i think???????

-DEADEYE


| >>807469
>Dialing RAINYFIELD, UNKNOWN.
>...
>....
>.....
>Connected to the Emptiness.
>Returning to Menu...


| >MAIN MENU
>------Current location: RFL-----
>Local Time: 12:45:34
>Current weather: RAIN
>SIM SENSE MODE: CURRENTLY OFFLINE
>------USER: SLEEPLESSEYE------
>Messages: (0)
>Travel history: RETRIEVING...
>Auth: TRAVELLER
>SOULSCREAM: KINDNESS
>------------------------------
>Please enter DIAL to begin travelling
>Enter HELP to scream helplessly.
>ENTER THE LINE OF ONE LETTER COMMANDS TO SHUT OFF SAFEMODE.
>PLEASE BE PATIENT WHILE WE RECONNECT YOU TO THE MAIN NETWORK.
>FAILURE! (3)


| >SIMSENSE MODE

idk if this is a command or if i was supposed to put it on already.........gotta pay better attention

-DEADEYE


| >>807473
>ACTIVATION SEQUENCE BEGUN.
>SYSTEM, YELLOW.
>CONNECTING...
>....
>...
>....
>DONE.
>SIMSENSE MODE ENGAGED.
>PLEASE BE MINDFUL OF PRE-INSTALLED PACKAGES AND READ THE SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS PROVIDED BY YOUR LOCAL ADMINISTRATOR.


| ........ right........now

>CALL

?????????ugh

-DEADEYE


| >CALLING......
>.....
>....
>.....
>NOBODY ANSWERS.
>RETURNING TO MENU.


| >MAIN MENU
>------Current location: RFL-----
>Local Time: 12:46:12
>Current weather: RAINY
>SIM SENSE MODE: ON
>------USER: SLEEPLESSEYE------
>Messages: (0)
>Travel history: [HISTORY] (2)
>Auth: Traveller
>SOULSCREAM: KINDNESS
>------------------------------
>Please enter DIAL to change location
>Enter HELP for command list
>Enter VIEW to use the Viewfinder
>Enter BODY to check simsense availability
>Enter CULL to cut connection and return home.
>RECONNECT FAILURE (4)


| oh ok

>BODY

-DEADEYE


| >...
>....
>...
>BODY FUNCTION ACTIVATED, SIM SENSE TRAVEL INITIATED
>CONNECTED TO SAFE-MODE LAN NETWORK
>....
>...
>DIALTONE, SET.
>
>ACCESSING THAT PLACE.
>Suddenly, a jolt assails your senses through the sim-chip, a veil of images superimposes upon reality as it slowly but surely connects. The feeling is awful, it feels as if your nerves are being severed and reconnected each second.
>and then... the feeling stops.
>you are within a small phonebooth.
>WELCOME TO THE RAINY FIELDS


| >Look around


| >FLESH

-FLESH


| >>807888
>She'll never get used to this, no matter how many times it happens. Just being inside a phone booth is strange enough-- a coffin of foggy glass and rusting metal-- having it whisk her away to parts unknown, though...

>"Ugh..."

>Aikawa keels over at the waist, bracing herself with her hands on her knees as she struggles to keep herself upright. A shaky hand ventures forth to open the booth's door. Maybe some fresh air will help...


| >>808075
>The booth's door screeches as it opens, its rusted hinges offering a small degree of resistance as you push.
>The smell of wet pavement and greenery assaults the insides of the booth as fresh, crisp air rushes into it.
>The sound of the rain grows louder as the outside view becomes clearer.
>The booth seems to be placed within some kind of small parking space, next to the rusted skeleton of what was once a petrol station.
>Grey clouds flow endlessly above.


| >>808185
>Aikawa blinks, twice, slowly. She breathes deeply. Logically, she knows there's been no actual change in the quality or character of the air she's inhaled-- but, that simulated crispness still somehow manages to invigorate her, a little. She stumbles out of the booth.

>"... Are you there?"

>She waits for a response... and adds, when she doesn't get one immediately:

>"Do I gotta ask 'bout laundry soap again t'get y't'speak up?"


| >>808211
>ENCYLCOPEDIA: "That won't be needed. Please feel free to ask anything you wish to know."
>The deep voice of the encyclopedia answers you immediatly, it sounds distant, almost like it's speaking to you from afar.
>It echoes from over the pavement, into the horizon.


| >>808219
>Excellent.

>"Good t'... see... ya?"

>That's not... /exactly/ correct, but she gets the feeling the sentiment got across alright.

>"... Where am I?"


| >>808220
>ENCYCLOPEDIA: "It is good to meet you again indeed."
>The voice pauses for an instant.
>ENCYCLOPEDIA: "That is a difficult question to answer. You are currently in a false location, hosted within a subserver of the Ark sanctum tower. This is a VR space based upon the fictional US state of Pacifica."
>The Encyclopedia answers, it's voice seemingly carried away by the breeze.


| >>808227
>... She probably shouldn't have expected a straightforward explanation. It's never that simple.

>"... Are there other people here?"

>Wait, hang on a sec.

>"Whats'a... 'Ark Sanctum tower'...?"


| >>808228
>ENCYCLOPEDIA: "I cannot answer as to how many people are here."
>The wind picks up, you shiver sligthly
>SHIVER: "SOMEONE WAITS, UNDER THE TOWERS"
>A voice, travels along the wind.
>ENCYCLOPEDIA: "The Ark sanctum tower is the tallest building in the city of Malta, it is a large data-hub for corporations across the world. Think of it as a gigantic server farm."


| >>808234
>"... Where's Malta?"

>Isn't that the name of Walker's stupid dog? Er, /was/ the name-- pretty sure she's not around anymore.


| >>808235
>ENCLYCOPEDIA: "Malta is a sovereign island country situated within the eastern basin of the Mediterranean sea. It is the world's tenth smallest sovereign country"
>The encyclopedia answers
>ENCYCLOPEDIA: "The city of Malta refers to it's capital, Valletta"


| >>808234
>Aikawa winces as she feels a chill course down her spine. The icy flow floods the channel between each rib. Her chest tightens. She feels the hair on the back of her neck begin to stand on end.

>EXPLORE THE ABANDONED PETROL STATION


| >>808454
>The remains of what were once a petrol station seem completely derelict, its concrete walls are creased with stains and ruptures, exposing rusted support beams.
>There once were windows on it's facade, but now only shards remain, broken and abandonned.
>The insides don't look much better, dark and damp, the few remaining pieces of furniture (a few shelves and some counters) are broken beyond repair.
>The wind courses through the broken windows.


| >>808489
>TOUCH ONE OF THE CRUMBLING WALLS

>Something in Aikawa compels her to press the soft skin of her palm against the tired concrete.


| >>808591
>The concrete feels cool, a few flecks of crumbling paint, robbed of their color by the passage of time stick to your fingers.
>The simulation seems to ignore your hand augmentations, the feeling is incredibly natural.
>The wind passes through once more, howling sadly
>The clouds part for an instant.
>SHIVERS: "THE WALLS SPEAK OF A CONSTRUCTED PAST, OF SORROW AND RAIN. YOU FEEL THE WIND CARRY YOUR VISION HEAVENSWARD"
>[Ask it what you see]


| >>808594
>The sudden gust prompts Aikawa to look up. Her head tilts back, occiput weighted with some unseen burden, or pulled by a mysterious force. She murmurs:

>"... 'Sup there?"


| >>808597
>SHIVERS: "CLOUDS, ENDLESSLY MOVING FORWARDS, TWISTING AND TURNING, THEY BRING RAIN TO THESE LANDS. A SONG IS HEARD IN THE DISTANCE, A LULLABY."
>You feel cold, slowly rain starts to fall from the heavens.


| >>808598
>In the distance...?

>"Which way...?"

>Could it be her?

>Aikawa snaps her eyes shut as raindrops begin to splatter against her forehead, her cheeks-- she wipes at her face with the back of her sleeve.


| >>808599
>SHIVERS: "FROM THE NORTH, UNDERNEATH THE MASSIVE TOWERS WHICH DOT THE LANDSCAPE OF PACIFICA, A WOMAN SITS, SINGING UNDER AN UMBRELLA. SHE LOOKS UP."
>Your sleeve does little to dry your face as the rain picks up, despite the coldness of its droplets, you feel oddly warm.


| >>808600
>"A /woman/?"

>Aikawa's surprise is enough that she voices it aloud. Hougetsu's a little girl... unless--

>"... The other one...?"

>It can't be. Isn't she dead? She'd sworn Grant had said she wasn't walking the Earth anymore...

>HEAD FOR THE TOWERS


| >>808601
>The road to the towers is a winding affair, cracked concrete roads lay the way to the large towers in the distance.
>They are absolutely massive, their red lights flickering slowly as clouds lazily glide past.
>Slowly but surely, you make your way down the road.
>ENCYCLOPEDIA: "These towers are a sign of the decline of Pacifica, Massive data servers, meant to imprison the populace inside of a dream."


| >>808603
>"... I seen these before?"

>So many past encounters with short rows of stalwart towers; viewed through a bar window, perhaps-- or, as part of a cityscape surrounding a modest park and the bronze statue at its center. She clarifies:

>"In Burrow, or... in Glitch."

>Aikawa finds herself hoping that the wind carrying the clouds above, will also carry that lullaby to her. The Rainy Fields are desolate.


| >>808604
>ENCYCLOPEDIA: "These towers are wholly distinct from the cooling towers you saw in Burrow and Midnight. They are larger, more menacing."
>The wind does not carry the lullaby well enough for it to be comprehensible, it simply echoes aimlessly in the breeze.


|

Total number of posts: 72, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1638236905

Refresh