danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
(Setting/bar) Capsule Corner

| > Another weeknight in the sleepy bar nestled amongst the quieter parts of the Motor District. Seems the races were happening close by, judging by the various improptu road barriers in the streets around the bar.

> Inside, many of the TVs were tuned to broadcasting streams of these, as if people were going to be betting on them

> Dusty, for her part, sat behind the bar, dutifully working on fixing one of her motorcycle helmets and not paying attention to the bar itself.

| > She worked with a spread around the end section of the bar. Seems like she really knew what she was doing, only pausing to help out other people before prodding at some other plate before stopping once more.

> Hope for someone to come and give her a hand had been long gone, so now she just hoped for someone to save her from having to keep on her self-appointed task

| > A scowling black-haired catboomer walked into the Capsule. Her black jacket was slung over her corner as she approached the bar and sat down.

> She rested her arms on the counter and looked around the room, highly conscious of herself.

> Tierra sighed before she rubbed the back of her head and waited for Dusty to come over. She needed something to drink, maybe a few drinks.

| >A short girl with long cream-colored hair and an oversized GCPD uniform enters the bar, Two red horns adorn her forehead.
"Hey!"
>Chanka says in her usual childish voice as she sits down.

| >>805348

> Dusty hears the voice, moving her focus towards it. Her hands wrap around the screwdriver in her hands as reflex, before she relaxes and spins it instead. Her hand raises, pointing it towards the oni

"Hey yourself, kid"

>>805346

> She then notices Tierra and points to her as well, shifting her weight even to get a better position on her aim.

"Hey Tierra. Be with you in a second"

> The name rolls out of her with the sounds of the spanish she assumed it was from

| >>805352
"How rude!! I was just saying hello!"
>The Oni puffs her cheeks and gives the counter a few good taps

| >>805348 >>805352

> Tierra turned her head to Chanka and smiled, or at least she attempted to.

"Hello, Major. It's a pleasure to see you again."

> She then raised a hand in greeting to Dusty, her gloved hands out of place without her long jacket sleeves.

"That is fine, take your time as I plan to relax here for some hours now."

| >>805355
"Oh! Its the big cat lady! We meet a lot don't we!"
>The Oni reciprocates the smile, hers is wide and warm
"Its good to see a familiar face!"
>She seems to be in a good mood

| >>805353 >>805355

> Dusty walked over to stand in between their seats, smirking at her own little joke that worked to get under the officer's skin. She grabbed three cans of beer and opened them all in a fluid motion of her arm, the screwdriver proving to be a true masterkey.

"Well, glad to have both of you here, I guess. Here y'all go."

> She slides each of them a can of beer before grabbing the third and taking a swig from it

| >>805357 >>805358

"Likewise, Major. It appears we have similar taste in bars and restaurants."

> She watched Dusty approach and offered a trademark Tierra smile to her as well.

"Ah, thank you Dusty. This will do nicely."

> Tierra took her can as well and opened it before taking a polite and somewhat reserved sip from it to test its flavor, and then taking a heavier draught afterwards.

| >>805363

"Shit girl, you gotta tell me where you normally go to drink that isn't here. Looks like you'd be a fun person to go out with."

> Dusty takes a small sip and keeps her eyes trained on Tierra, impressed with the composure she's seeing.

>>805357
"How's the beer squirt? Or you usually like sweet stuff right? I can make you something else"

> her attention now shifts back to Chanka, tentatively

| >>805370

"Ah, I have been to a few other locations here in Glitch. The Midnight Drifter, this placed called Midnight Hideaway, Lily's Place, and the Karaage joint. Chanka and I have also met at a food truck."

> Tierra gently counted off on her fingers, trying to remember all of the locations she'd been. If only her author had as good of a memory.

"I believe we could arrange something. I have a lot of free time in between freelance operations."

| >>805372

"Oh yeah! I totally know about those places. Forsure."

> Lying came as second nature as breathing, but nobody really needed to question that.

"I didn't know you did freelance stuff. Guess it would be the polite thing to do and not ask, since I know how that all goes."

| >>805380

> Tierra nodded softly, then shrugged as she took another drink from her can.

"Ah, yeah... I considered my retirement and... was offered a freelancing position with a sponsorship. I had some of my old equipment returned to me."

> Tierra rolled the can around in her hands.

"I do not mind if you ask, I have nothing to hide in regards to my work."

| >>805411

"Old gear coming back is always nice. I wish I had that kind of luck. Any way, work is just work y'know. not that what I'm doing here is work i mean but, y'know. How you make your schmoney is your deal, so long as you don't come hunting for me"

> Dusty took a drink from her can and quickly went over to her "project" in order to relocate it so she can talk and work at the same time

> She drags over the helmet and tools, setting them on the bar where she was standing

| >>805418

> Tierra smiled and nodded politely at Dusty as she watched her bring the equipment over to the two of them.

"Ah, do not worry. I am no longer in debt acquisitioning, and I doubt that you have any debt with Himura anyways..."

> She cast her eyes over the helmet and the tools and gently took both of her gloves off to flex her fingers.

"What are you working on, does this involve the power armor you said you were building?"

| >>805370
"Don't call me a squirt! I'm a lady you know!"
>Chanka said, popping the top of her beer can with some force, before downing it in a few short gulps
"But I will have something sweeter!"
>She declared
>>805363
"Oh! Yes that would make more sense thank to think you were following me!"
>The little oni says, smiling widely
>She seemed to be thinking worthless thoughts again.

| >>805454

"Power armor? what? no i never said that"

> She looked around nervously, as if that was just some kind of joke that got out of hand.

"Nah this is just revamping an old helmet that I had lying around. I think the internals got a little damaged after... well... an accident"

> Dusty picks the helmet up to show to Tierra what she means. She shows off the heavily damaged left side, which looks like it was sanded on the side of a cliff

| >>805730

> Tierra 'smiled' and nodded at Chanka again before gently patting her head.

>>805731

"Ah, my apologies then."

> Tierra leaned in to inspect the damage and nodded softly.

"That certainly looked like a painful... accident. Unfortunately, I only know how to perform routine maintenance on my equipment except for my own personal augmentations. And even then I often require an expert for more sensitive repairs."

| >>805735
>The Oni leaned into the pat while closing her eyes, like a cat would
>She seemed to always be warm to the touch, like she had just been in a dryer, her silky cream colored hair was as comfortable to pat as always
>She seemed to enjoy this action thoroughly, despite her usual prickly nature.
>She really did seem like a child when acting like this.

| >>805735
"It looks a lot worse than it really was. High speed chase, then I got lasso'd and dragged for a mile or so; The bike I was on got turned to ash. Jobs, y'know."

> She gives a playful shrug and sticks out her tongue to look even less serious than normal. She quickly goes to mixing... something up for the Oni, eventually sliding over a pink looking drink to Chanka

>>805730
"I call you squirt as like... a codename. Why do you think I use a different name when Pete's around"

| >>805803
>Chanka's eyes open into small slits as she gives Dusty a suspicious look, bubbling with frustration.
>She doesn't say anything though, enjoying the headpats along with a few mutterings in a low tone.

| >>805803

"Ah... I have never been lasso'd off of a bike before. I have not had... jobs such as that myself. I rarely operate on foot, and when I do it is typically non-engagement."

> Tierra watched her expression, then quietly looked down at the can of beer in front of her and tried to mimic Dusty.

>>805804

> Tierra gave a few more pats upon Chanka's head before pulling her hand away and tapping the counter in thought.

| >>805825

"You're not missing out. It's more dangerous. Luckily, that's why i wear my helmet and the rest of my gear. Safety first."

> She gives the helmet a hard knock with her fist, which knocks something loose on the inside. A plastic, muffled thunk echoes out, which Dusty looks at with apprehension.

"Well, this thing *is* being fixed for a reason. Not that it'll see the road any time soon"

| >>805998

"Ah, I often wear safety equipment when riding mine... vehicle as well. Although I do not wear a helmet, as that interferes with piloting."

> Akii glanced down at the helmet when it thumped quietly. She raised her own hand to thump a finger against it.

"Is... that okay?"

| >A couple steps into the bar, hand in hand. One was a young woman with long back hair, dressed in a hooded sweater, a pair of sweatpants, and a beanie. Following her was a man with black, slicked back hair, dressed similarly to the woman.

"Yo, Dusty!"

>The man waves at Dusty. It was Red and Alix.

"Hey! Dusty!"

>The girl, Alix, calls out and waves enthusiastically as well.

| >>806243

"I mean, not really. I think that might have just been a board"

> She lifts up the helmet. Sure enough, a piece of material rests on the countertop. It looks like it might have been charred at some point

"Oops."

>>806507
> Dusty notices the couple and waves with the helmet. More rattling can be heard, but nothing has fallen out yet

"Howdy y'all. Grab a seat and I'll get yous a round"

> Upon hearing herself, she bites her lip. How lame.

| >>806855
"Long time no see, eh?"

>Red says as he takes a seat.

"How've you been?"

>Alix asks as she follow suit.

| >>806862

"Yeah, it has been a while I guess. I've been fine. Just keeping myself busy while some um... legal issues... get worked on. What are y'all drinkin?"

> She sets the helmet down, hiding the fallen piece of the helmet as she does so.

| >>806873
"Piledriver, Pete still swear on that?"

>Red replies, turning his face to his girlfriend.

"I'm thinking Blue Fairy, a little karmotrine wouldn't hurt."

>Alix adds.

| >>806911

"As far as I can tell. He's been wanting to cut back for the baby. He was here briefly actually. Sends his regards and all."

> Dusty takes another swig from her can of beer and whisks off to mix the drinks up. She's gotten decent at the whole gig, not stalling once.

> She gets the drinks finished and delivered soon enough. She takes a small drink once more to celebrate

"Drinks up."

| >>807116
"Oh, good for him then! Tell him I said congrats!"

>Alix replies almost too enthusiastically as she takes her glass.

"Unlike somebody here, he's thinking about his family and taking care of himself."

>She continues teasingly, stiffling a fit of giggling as she turns toward Red.

"I'm trying, alright?"

>Red answers, taking and setting his glass of drink down before pulling his girlfriend into a hug, smiling.

"I know."

>Alix simply answers and a peck on the cheek.

| >Chanka is busy enjoying her beer, the lack of headpats seem to not have affected her much, although for a few moments after Tierra pulled back her hand, she did frown a little.
>She watches the couple with disinterest, before tapping the counter
"Give me something stronger!!"
>She demands

| >>807133

> Dusty gives a nod, the half-kind where one means to be polite yet it's barely enough ass to be called half.

>>807165

> Dusty's ears perk up and she decides to get to work instead, mixing up a moonblast, and a big one at that. She gently places in front of the officer

"Here you are Colonel."

| >>807430
"I'm a major! Colonel are higher than that you know!"
>Chanka shouts as she grabs the drink, sipping on it.
>her expression morphs into a smile as the karmotrine works its magic within her tiny body
"Colonels are impressive you know! they deal with people all the time, and they don't forget them either!"
>She seems to hold a lot of respect for her superiors

| >>807430
"You know, I wouldn't mind having a baby myself."

>Alix says as she breaks away from the hug and turn to Dusty.

"Yeah, well, both of us agreed that we're not really ready for a kid right now. Plus Fenrir's already got our hands full."

>Red interjects nervously. Alix shoots an amused look at him.

"I'm not saying that we should have a kid right now, dummy. I don't mind it with just us two and Fenrir either."

>She continues as she takes a sip from her drink.

| "Plus, I wouldn't want to do something you're not comfortable with, you know that."

>Alix continues, taking her partner's hand.

"Yeah. Anyway, what are you working on, Dusty?"

>Red says, trying to change the subject.

"Don't think we haven't noticed you waving that around. That thing's in rough shape."

>He adds.

| >>807442
"Oh, I actually didn't know that. I just know Corporal and Colonel. Pete was the first and said he'd break the other's legs if he ever had the chance to. You'd have to ask him more about that.

> A smirk and a shrug before the next question

>>807444
"Ugh. Babies are weird. I'm glad I don't have to deal with them. Anyways, I'm fixing up this old helmet. Maybe I can make some money if I sell it once it's repaired."

| >>807453
"Babies are cute though, their glossy innocent eyes, their sweet little smiles. God I just want to scoop them up and sing lullabies until they're asleep so I could watch their peaceful sleeping faces."

>Alix replies adoringly, maybe too adoringly, at the imaginary babies.

"Yep, they're cute little things, up until they take a shit, that is; then they're cute little bio-weapons."

>Red says jokingly, which earns him a punch from his girlfriend.

| >>807457

"Yuck. If y'all want kids so badly, I think there's a love hotel like, over the bridge I think. I don't think they charge that much, not that I've ever had to pay for them anyway"

> Dusty flashes a grin, knowing she had the upper hand in this situation. In her rush, she gives the helmet a nice knock, her version of a mic drop. Another piece can be heard hitting the countertop

| >>807465
"Oh no, we don't really want a kid, not right now, atleast."

>Red replies after another drink, but also grin at Dusty's remark.

"Might check out that hotel later though."

>He adds, earning another knock from his girlfriend. Although Alix was also smiling when she takes another drink.

"Perverts."

| >>806855 >>807465

> Tierra quietly clears her throat at the sound of the helmet falling apart before the lot of them.

"Are you sure that the helmet is worth fixing? Perhaps it is better on a mantle and a new one would suit your purposes."

> She scratches the back of her head and takes a swig from her can, setting it down once empty. She pointedly ignores the couple nearby.

"How about something stronger for me too, Dusty? Double the karmotrine in whatever you make."

| >>807480

> Dusty gives a thumbs up and works on mixing up a drink, pouring various things into her shaker as she talks

“I know a few boys who were wanting a helmet like mine. They’ll pay up for it. Some serious tech went in here. Er… serious for a gear head. You might think it’s a little too basic for like, any military application.”

> Good call to keep it close to your chest. They don’t need to know the illegal software hiding inside

| >>807481

> Tierra smiles, it looks more genuine than any she's attempted before.

"You would be surprised how basic military gear is. It is honestly the cheapest bidder for most of it... Not Himura, though. Our equipment was always top of the line and well-funded. It's why we always operated in small teams..."

> She never had a high opinion of any military. Conflict with Nu-Saka military corporations not withstanding.

"It is an interesting design, I think."

| >>807482

> Dusty quickly dashes to a bag on the other side of the bar, returning just as fast with another helmet. They look similar in design, with the intact helmet bearing a few extra contours

“Here’s *my* current headgear. It’s really meant for like, motorcycle racing. It’s got top of the line specs handled by me. Pete handled the shell and glass. If you’re telling me this is better than military gear… I’m a happy girl”

> she pours out the cocktail. It’s very blue.

| >>807482
>Red's ears almost perk up when he hears Tierra mentioning equipment.

"Ha, I can't tell you how true that is. It's all old worn-out shit they keep trying to 'modernize' for the grunts."

>He chimes in.

"That's one thing that's definitely an improvement when you do PMC job. Getting to choose what you use is god-send."

| >>807489

> Tierra inspected the helmet when Dusty brought it over. She lifted it and rolled it around in her hands before setting it down.

"It is good quality. I do not know if it would stop a bullet, but... It makes me wish I could wear a helmet. It looks snug."

>>807492

> Tierra finally turned her head to acknowledge Red and Alix, she lifted her drink and sipped from it while she listened.

"I never had to experience that. My equipment was also top. I do get my own now."

| >>807641

"It'll stop shrapnel and the elements. Maybe a bullet or two with a lot of luck. This thing has kept my pretty face whole enough at least"

> She gives a big goofy smile. Anyone with eyes good enough to see beyond the dim of the bar would be able to see just how true her words were

"Wait, why can't you wear a helmet. I mean like, yeah it's snug but it's not like, unbearable. It's set up for people who'd have augs... at least if I didn't disable that"

| >>807641
"Well, obviously, you were with a corporate type from what I can tell. Of course your gear would be top, it's not like they're hard-pressed for cash."

>Red replies with a glance over to Tierra.

"It's simple, you sell your soul, you get top of the line gear to keep you alive so they can exploit you better. You stay alive, they get their job done, win-win all around."

>The last part earns him a glare from his partner.

"Okay, maybe not all around."

| >>807453
"I see! I can't say I agree with wanting to hurt superiors though!"
>Chanka says, gulping the drink down
"They have a lot on their shoulders you know! I do too! Because I'm an adult!"
>She puffs out her chest with pride, showing off the small pin on her left-side lapel, the oak-leaf mark of a major.
>She laughs boisterously, obviously in a good mood.
>That's when she catches the word "baby" being used, and suddenly clamps up, her face twisting into a sour expression.
"..."

| >>807717

> Tierra turned away from Dusty and gripped the back of her head, parting her hair to reveal a metal disc with a hole in the center of it at the base of her skull.

"Neural uplink for controlling my... vehicle. I cannot wear a helmet or it interferes."

>>807730

> She turned back around and glanced at Red with a frown, lifting her drink and sipping it.

"I served Himura well, and they took care of me. I was not exploited, you seem to misunderstand how corporations work."

| >>807991
> Dusty quickly eyes the expression and moves to defuse the potential bomb

"Major, we're in the same boat. Anyone calling us that'll get boots, yours being the first."

>>808129
> Dusty then eyes the aug port and flinches hard. She flexes her fingers, shaking out her nerves

"Now that... yeah. That's something else. I uhh... wow"

> Only now does Dusty notice that she'd been rubbing between her hairline and spine like some kind of charm

| >>808277

> Tierra looked up at Dusty and nodded softly. Most people reacted that way to her, she wasn't sure how to respond to it.

"It is indeed something else... It allows for greater control than anything else, though."

> Describing it, that might work. That makes sense.

"It is akin to turning the machine into an extension of yourself, a part of your body. Move it as easily as you would move your own arm, less input lag."

| >>808278
> Dusty giggles a bit, moving her arms to cover her mouth now. At least she could feel herself doing that much

"You sounded like the old man just now. He always said that whenever it was time to practice. I love my flock of birds, but I don't think i could ever want to connect literally to one of them."

> She relaxed herself, losing tension with every following exhale. No new holes would be made in her body yet

| >>808281

> Tierra raised her brow and sipped at her drink before scratching at the back of her head, probably at the port.

"Ah... I sound like an old man? That is... concerning. Perhaps it is the reason why people say I am so stiff in conversation. Perhaps I should try to speak like you."

> Yes, this would work. Dusty is normal, talking like Dusty would make her more normal.

"It's a feeling like no other, to be connected in such a way."

> She already messed up, this is hard.

| >>808282

“Oh gods no! I mean, you sounded like Pete. He’s not *old* but he is older than me. He’d get along well with you, I can already tell.”

> She pulls her phone out to hide the embarrassment. Maybe showing her own embarrassing things would even out the blow.

“Look. He’s the smiling dork and I’m me. He’s my old man and my baby boy and the closest thing I have to family. I love him.”

> she passes the phone over. Many pictures of Dusty and Pete together fill the screen

| >>808129
"Look, maybe yours are just that exotic that don't work the same, but most corporates definitely exploit some people. If not normal folks then their own staff."

>Red simply replies, turning fully to Tierra.

"They pull you in with their sweet words, then they just use you like a faceless pawn in their masterplan."

| >>808277
"W-what? No I just!"
>Chanka is... Flustered, this is a very rare thing indeed.
"Forget it!"
>And... She's back! That smug smile really is how a Chanka aught to be.
"Gimme something else to drink!! I'm thirsty!"
>>808129
>Chanka eyes the neural uplink suspiciously.
"Why's everyone got those but I don't?"
>She ponders before revelation dawns upon her very small brain.
"Oh! It's like how I have horns and others don't!!"
>Yes, exactly.
>Wait, no.

| >>808404
"Major, major, that's because you're special~"

>Alix mutters out adoringly as she takes a drink.

| >>808387
"All right, all right, peel off there fly boy."

> She digs in her pocket and slams something on the counter. She keeps her hands over the 'something'

"The girl ain't looking for a fight so quit tryna start one or else I'll be the one that finishes it."

> She balls her fist up and quickly pockets them once more. She sharply exhales, her own version of a mic drop in the absence of a magazine

| >>808404
"You got those horns, girl. I'd rather have those, since I ain't got neither."

> She goes to mix another drink for the major, throwing in many things into the shaker. The drink is just as hyperblue as the drink that Tierra has. She serves it plain, and it smells like it's got kick

"Here you are"

| >>808387

> Tierra glanced at Red for a moment, then shrugged and drank from her glass.

"I care not for your opinion on corporations, if your words come from a place of experience then perhaps they have value. Otherwise, you are speaking nothing but assumption."

> She set her glass down, but slid it back and forth between her gloved hands.

"Perhaps Himura was unique, or perhaps corporations in Japan are simply better."

| >>808579
"My horns? Why would anyone want those?"
>She half-closes her eyes, taking the drink with both hands
"They're a huuuge pain! they get stuck on things and get me off balance all the time! and people touch them, and the itch and... and and!"
>Chanka machinguns words out of her mouth as she flails around like a...
>well like a child.

| >>808583
"Counter-point: they look cool. Plus, it would make my headbutt *actually* lethal instead of just really painful for me and the poor bastard on the other end."

> She takes a drink of her beer and gives a nod to Chanka. Grass is always greener, even if it's not real grass.

| >>808584
"Headbutting with those actually hurts! I had to do it once to stop some big guy from running! My head rang for a day and a half!!"
>She doesn't mention how the "big guy" who took it is still in an hospital bed , her superior got on her case real bad for that.
>She drinks from her glass with long gulps
"And plus people use them as an excuse to throw beans at me!"

| >>808580
"Suit yourself, you don't need to believe me. I won't force it on you. If you're offended, I'm sorry."

>Red says, holding his hand up.

"Corpos really do some really shady shit though, and that's from experience."

>>808578
"I'm not... trying to start anything?"

>Red replies with a questioning glance.

| >>808586
"Aw, but beans are nice! They are so good for a lot of food. Especially red beans, they make lovely filling for steamed buns."

>Alix continues.

"You'll have to try some. I'm sure that'll make you like beans better."

| >>808586
"throwing... beans..."

> Dusty remembers something like that happening to her thanks to Fox. Sauna buns? Cinnamon-something?

"Maybe... maybe I like my head then as it is."

>>808592
"You fuckin better not be."

> She finishes off her beer and belches. Nobody was gonna question her authority on this night, it seemed, and that's just how she liked it

| >>808593
"You can't cook with beans that are thrown on you and hit the ground!! Only bad people eat food off the ground!"
>The tiny oni growls!

| >>808595
"You're the boss."

>Red replies, before at last returning to his girlfriend, who was still in the conversation with the little major.

>>808596
"I guess so, and getting thrown at you is not nice. But still, beans themselves are nice. Delectable little dishes you can make out of them."

>Alix says.

"I'll have to make something for you to try someday."

| >A tallish woman walks into the scene, her greyish hair unbrushed and swaying behind her as her steel grey eyes scanned the room
>Dressed in a shirt and loose fitting pants, topped with a lab coat, she cut a strange figure... but despite the somewhat messy appearance, the woman exhuded some sort of gravitas, her gait so light one could barely hear her move
"Nice little place."
>She said towards who she could only assume to be the owner, before seating herself at the bar

| >Behind the tall woman follows a petite young woman wearing business attire. Her dark hair hangs short in a full fringe bob with what appears to be a chrome circlet fixated around her head.

>Her posture is closed, with her arms tucked in close to her chest; gripping a small notebook in one hand and an ornate fountain pen in the other. She shuffles in slowly and quietly sits at the bar. She presses the pen against her tongue and begins to scribble on the pages of her notebook.

| >>808648
> Dusty stifles a giggle befre giving an answer

"Pfft this place? It's a hole in the wall but it's mine for the night. What are ya drinking? We got the usual bar stuff, or I can get you whatever. Take yer pick."

>>808695
> She then paints the other person with a finger gun, training like she was hunting a mark

"You, miss, you'll be next, got it?"

| >>808592

> Tierra gives a small grunt in Red's direction before facing the bar. She was finished with the conversation.

>>808578

"It is fine, Dusty, it is not the first time but I appreciate your concern."

> Tierra lifted her glass and sipped from it again. The flavor was nice, and she could certainly taste the alcohol.

"...How much karmotrine did you put in this? I can almost feel my augs kicking in."

| >>808725
"Not enough karmotrine!"
>Chanka says with a scowl, showing off her identical looking drink from her own glass
"It looks good but it could use a bit more! Also, Blue is a stupid color for drinks!"
>She HATES blue things.
>That or she's just ranting for the sake of it, again.
"Give me the bottle I'll pour myself some!!"
>Chanka says as she puffs out her chest

| >>808707
>The woman levels her gaze at the one adressing her
"I'll take a White Russian, that or a Gin Tonic."
>She then looks around once more
"Well, the good thing about this city is that you always find places tucked into the deepest alleys... so long as you're willing to look."

| >>808725
>Red shrugs.

"Tough crowd."

>>808737
"That's the spirit! Major!"

>Red cheers on Chanka, downing the rest of whatever was in his glass before continuing;

"Blue's stupid! Red's better!"

>That actually got a chuckle out of Alix.

| >>808707

>The girl startles when talked to snapping her out of her scribbling. Looking up you can see she has noticeable dark circles under her eyes.

"Oh... okay. It's no hurry. Thank You."

| >>808737 >>808725

"Thems got enough Karm to make me not want to even smoke near them. So, there's that. Come back here and take the bottle and we'll have problems too, Chanks. Don't do it."

>>808796
"Uhh... I dunno what that first one is but a gin tonic sounds self-explanatory so..."

> Dusty grabs a glass and bottle, adding clear spirit and ice before topping it off with something fizzy. She slides it over with no flourish or garnish. Not that the latter was an option

| >>808800
"Oh! I think Sniffer told me about it once, actually."

>Alix speaks up enthusiastically.

"It's Black Russian and cream, if I recall correctly. Then Black Russian is vodka and coffee liquor, because vodka is Russian and coffee makes it black... that's how I remember, at least."

>Is that... womansplaining? Anyways, she seems happy to finally be able to sprout something she knows about.

| >>808801

"Oh... yeah I have vodka... somewhere. Don't know what that other stuff is, but I know we ain't got coffee here."

> She gives kind of a shrug and moves towards the newest person, doing her best to square up and get a better read on them as she does.

>>808799

"All right girl, whatcha need? I'm assuming you're old enough, so"

| >>808800
>The woman accepts the drink
"Hm, that's fine, I'm not terribly picky with drinks."
>She leans back and drinks with gusto, before putting down the drink
"This is fine, yeah, thanks. Has a nice edge."

| >>808805

>The woman nods in affirmative then ponders for a moment tapping her chin with her pen.

"No... coffee...?"

>She goes silent for a second.

"I'd might like something... spicy then? Or... bitter maybe?"

>She gets lost in thought again.

"Something to keep me... alert."

| >>808807
"Cool cool. If you like, need another, let me know. Our source can get us this stuff so don't worry about it running out any time soon."

>>808808
> Dusty nods and then crouches under the bar. A fridge opens and bottles can be heard rustling around. She comes back up with some kind of energy drink can and sets it in front of the girl

"Well, we have this stuff. I drink it sometimes. It's okay"

> the can says its GH0ST-NRG. 83mg/fl in the 12oz can

| >>808817

>The woman cocks her head to the side.

"Is there anyway I can spike this with kamotrine? Or would that be... dangerous?"

>She chuckles quietly.

"It may sound ...strange but I'd like alcohol too. I don't want people to think that I'm... a 'square'."

| "Dusty, can I have another Piledriver?"

>Red asks, putting down his empty glass.

>>808817
"Source?"

>Red says, cocking his head.

"Where'd you get your vodka from, want to share? Because Krinkov would love that shit."

| >>808819
"Hey, you don't need to be embarassed about not having alcohol, I rarely drink them myself."

>Alix speaks up to the woman.

"Anyways, sorry to interrupt, I'm Alix, what's your name?"

| >>808819
“I mean, I’ve done that before. Give me a second.”

> She grabs a pint glass and fills it with some pure karmotrine. Definitely not enough to be more than a spike. She slides it over, tapping the can ever so lightly

>>808820
> She then fixes another piledriver for the merc.

“Ask me no questions and I will tell you no lies.”

| >>808822
"Fine, I guess we'll just keep draining Impulse's stock."

>Red replies as he takes the piledriver, shit-eating grin stull on his face.

| >>808823
“To be honest, I’m really not sure where the stock comes from. Never really thought about it since that’s not why I’m here. I can tell you I brought the energy drinks in since sometimes I stop here while
I’m out doing… stuff. Yeah”

| >>808824
"Oh! Never knew you're into energy drinks. Can I try some?"

>Alix says, finishing her previous drink.

"Yeah, you didn't strike me as an energy drink kinda gal."

>Red replies.

| >>808821

>She takes the kamotrine and carefully pours it into the can keeping her head level with the bar and one eye closed.

>When she sits back up, she straightens her hair.

"Hanabi... nice to meet you, Alix. To be honest, the alcohol is to create... intimacy? No... camaraderie maybe? I find that people are more comfortable if you're sharing drinks with them."

| >>808825
> Dusty goes back under the bar and pops out just as quick with another can of energy drink. She pours some out into two small glasses. Satisfied that she divided them up, she hands over the two glasses and has some for herself

“Oh, yeah. I mean, I don’t always drink them. Maybe like, once or twice a week? They always give me a tummy ache if I drink more than that. Not sure why”

| >>808821
"Hey! that's pure karmotrine! why can't I have that!"
>Chanka protests loudly, puffing her cheeks
"I knew it! You're a meanie! You're making fun of me and keeping me from the good stuff!"
>She seems highly dissapointed

| >>808830
“Okay, she got like, an ounce, tops. You got like, a lot more than that in that devil swill. You’d cause an explosion if I even gave you more!”

> Dusty took a slightly more defensive position, pushing up her jacket sleeve as a show of force. Maybe she wanted a fight more than she was letting on

| >>808826

> Tierra suddenly perks up at the name, turning in her seat to look over at Hanabi.

"Ah! You are the woman I met at... The Midnight Drifter, was it? The one with the mutual-emotion enhancing aug... It is a pleasure to see you again."

> Tierra finished off the last of her drink and gave another of her standard attempts at a smile. It looks incredibly forced, almost menacing, but her heart is definitely in it.

| >>808826
"I guess. I don't know much about that. I rarely go for a drink these days. But I know someone who does."

>Alix replies, elbowing(and startling) the man next to her.

"This is Red, my boyfriend. He's always going out for a drink with his friends, I swear he enjoy being with them more than his own partner. Isn't that right?"

>She continues with a sly smile. Red speaks up to protest.

"No, that's not true. I love being with you. Anyways, hello."

| >>808831
"I-I would???"
>Chanka seems terrified at the thought of exploding.
"No way..."
>She's dejected now, mumbling about how weak the liquor is... and how surely one sip won't make her explode.

| >>808827
>Alix takes the glass and try drinking one of them.

"Hmm, weird, maybe there's some weird chemicals that don't do well in your stomach? This is kinda nice though."

| >>808817
>The woman simply looks at you, a look of pure appraisal on her face before becoming uninterested
"I see, I'll ask if I need."
>She looks at the other customers, her gaze settling on >>808832, or more precisely, her arms
"..."
>Her stare is hard not to notice, but she says nothing, and seems to care very little about being perceived as strange of impolite

| >>808836

> After some time, Tierra eventually notices her stares and fidgets in her seat before clearing her throat loudly.

"Excuse me... please do not stare at my arms. Do you have something you want to say to me?"

> She sounded defensive, and in truth she wished she brought her jacket today, maybe she shouldn't have picked today to work on her aug-embarrassment.

| >>808834
"Oh, major, you don't know? People combust if you let them have too muc-."

>Red teases Chanka, and get cut off and when his girlfriend put her hand over his mouth.

"Don't worry about what he says, major."

>Alix turns to Red with a death glare and fiercly whispers to him;

>"You remember how she is when people tell her stuff like that. You remember the tampons?"

| >>808834
“Yup. And I don’t want Ground Control calling me up asking what happened to Tom any time soon.”

> She gives a dumb smile, hoping the joke would land safely.

| >>808839
>Chanka seems uncertain and keeps mumbling
>She obviously doesn't get it.
>Who's Tom?
"W-what??? I'm??"
>She completely out of it now
"You're just saying nonesense now!"

| >>808837
"It's a nice piece, not the kind someone can just afford that easily... seeing the look of you, I'd wager you have jacks too, maybe even full organ replacements... I'll say that you're around 70% metal, likely lots more."
>She looks you in the eyes now, her gaze still level, calm and relaxed
"Ah, sorry, I'm a doctor, an augmentation doctor. It's a... occupational hazard, you know?"

| >>808841

> Tierra paused, and looked the woman up and down before clearing her throat.

"Ah... yes, you're right on most accounts. You'd be closer to... 82%, actually... maybe a little lower. I feel as if you've just deconstructed me with your eyes."

> Tierra nods softly, rubbing the back of her head as a sense of anxiety bubbled up in her chest. She didn't like this interaction, not involving her augs.

"I see that... makes a lot of sense."

| >>808832

>Hanabi gives a warm smile and takes a sip out of her can.

"Tierra! It is nice to see a familiar face... I'm out doing more research... Or shirking my responsibilities in the office, probably both?"

>She herself turns red in embarrassment.

"I apologize for my actions during our last meeting... I'm still... figuring things out."

>>808833

>She gives a lazy wave toward Red.

"Hanabi, pleased to meet you... I can tell... you care for your partner."

| >>808846
"That's pretty high, guessing these are proprietary as well, japanese make though, I can tell that much."
>She keeps staring
"Must've been intense getting all of this stuffed into you... whoever did the job's amazing, I'll agree to that."
>Something is off about her stare and attitude, she isn't looking at you or anyone else like a person... more like chunks of meat or metal

| >>808848

>Hanabi raises her hand in a wave to get the woman's attention and flips her notebook open.

"H-hello, miss... why are you looking at Tierra like that...?

>She looks back at Tierra and yawns.

"This lady doesn't feel anything like the man from the Drifter..."

| >>808847
"Very much so, thank you for that."

>Red nods and smiles as he answers. He then throws his arm around Alix's shoulder as he turns to her.

"See, even she can tell."

>He says. Alix stays silent but smiles at him. Red plants a kiss on her cheek and then her neck, which finally got a word out of her.

"Okay, fine! Stop! That tickles!"

>She says with a giggle and throws her arm back around her boyfriend and pulls him close so he stops.

| >>808854
"Oh, don't mind me, I'm just intrigued by the craftsmanship."
>The woman tilts her head as if her looking was natural
>She looks back to Tierra and cranes her neck
"I can't help but think about how to fix these things, how they function and how they all fit as part of a system."

| >>808848 >>808867

"It... certainly was intense, but I would prefer you don't stare at me in such a way. It is making me uncomfortable. These are proprietary, and unfortunately without the proper licensing I cannot allow you to look at any of these deeply."

> Tierra gripped her glass a little tightly, but not enough to crack it in any way.

>>808847

> Grateful for the change, Tierra turns to Hanabi.

"It is a pleasure, Hanabi. Thank you for stepping in.

| >>808860

>Hanabi smiles and laughs at the playful banter.

"I'm glad I could help! Even if it's a little... I still don't know what the purpose is for my augment... but they seem important."

>She says, playing with the metal band around her head.

>>808868

>She scribbles down in her notebook.

"Corporate says I need to be wary around people who want to inspect me. They say my naiveté is...'dangerous for the project'"

>She lazily air quotes.

"So, I recognize that feeling."

| >>808868
"Aah, sorry, I'm not too god with the whole social deal... I tend to work and work and nothing else, and since my job is constantly staring at augs... Well, I get caught up."
>She pulls back and goes back to her drink, her gaze just as cold as before, her voice just as level
"The name's Illya, I own a clinic in Neon, though I suspect you haven't heard of it."

| >>808869

"Ah, yes, pleasure ensure to follow standard procedure when testing a new one. It is always unpleasant if the aug fails..."

>>808870

> Glancing back cover, Tierra relaxed her grip on the glass and sighed quietly.

"I see, it then explains why you stared at me as if I were an object... My name is Tierra, Illya, I do not know of your clinic as you expected."

> She looked down at the glass and then back up.

"How long have you been in the business of augmentation?"

| >>808973
"Twenty odd years... or so. I worked as an engineer before that building robots, something that definetely had common ground with the aug business."
>She looks very young for someone with two decades of work experience
"Worked corporate for the longest time under CRI, then I went freelance after retiring."
>There's no nostalgia in her voice, it's like she's reading off a script rather than recalling anything
"Well, I've seen a lot in the line of duty, so we can say."

| >>808973

>Hanabi rubs her eyes before reaching for her drink.

"Sorry if this is something you can't answer... did Himura make all of your augs? Bell Fore specializes in neural implants and uplink... I would hope they don't intend on having me test more than one."

>>808989

>She waves at Illya.

"And I'm... Hanabi. I apologize for calling you out."

| >>808989
"Hey, uh, sorry to interrupt, but do you have like a map of where your clinic is?"

>Red interjects.

"I might point some of my friends there later. I'm sure they could use a hand with some of their augs and stuff."

| >>808989

> Tierra nodded as Illya spoke. She could understand some of what she meant.

"I too, worked under a corporation for many years and now operate in a freelance position. So I understand where you are coming from."

>>809011

"Ah, I can answer that. They are all Himura specialized, although I believe some parts may have been ordered from other companies, or IP's purchased..."

> Tierra shrugged and rubbed the back of her head.

"So.. yes, they're all Himura I suppose."

| >>809054
>Illya tilts her head towards Red
"Oh, sure. It's a place called The Castle, here."
>Under 30 seconds, Illya has written down instructions on how to reach her clinic
"All business is appreciated."
>She hands it to Red
>>809011
>Illya turns to Hanabi, her eyes focused on her face, scrutanizing every nook of it
"I do not believe you'd need to apologize for that, but I accept it nonetheless."
>She seems confused as to why you'd apologize, to her your actions seemed logical

| >>809055
>Illya looks back to Tierra
"I suppose that does make us similar, yes. CRI was a good work environment, and their employee benefits were quite extravagent as well."
>Once again, you feel no attachement in her voice, despite the words coming out of them
>This person reminds you of a machine, you can't feel *any* emotions from them... that or they have the best poker face in GC

| >>809055

>Hanabi rests her chin on her palm and nearly dunks her head into the bar falling asleep but catches herself before tragedy strikes.

"Interesting... Even though you're freelance now... does Himura still manage your repairs?"

>>809079

>She takes a large sip of her drink in a desperate plea for more caffeine then speaks to Illya.

"I'm just afraid of hurting feelings because... I can feel it too. I'm having a hard time picking anything from you though..."

| >>809079
"Yeah, alright, thanks. I'll send some people your way."

>Red says, taking the paper.

"That was quick. I'm sure they'll appreciate people like you, keep them in line too."

>He comments.

"Efficient, I mean. No nonsense, right down to business."

| >>809084
>Illya tilts her neck
"In that case, you need not worry, I was born without the ability to feel emotions."
>She says it casually
"It's normal then that you would have a hard time empathizing with me on any level. Ah, and before you ask, I don't feel anything about that fact. Neither do I mind or find the topic disagreeable."
>After all, she doesn't feel anything
>>809085
"Any customer is welcomed if they pay up, I'll be waiting."
>She comments at Red

| >>809086

>Hanabi looks absolutely defeated as a frown forms on her face. She puts a few more notes down.

"Oh... Maybe you're the type of person this is for then?"

>She fiddles around with the band of chrome circling her head.

"But...maybe not? I want to believe... it's purpose is helping people to understand one another."

| >>808840
> Dusty giggles at the confusing that she's sown and hops up onto the bar behind her, content with her abilities.

> She pulls out a pack of cigarettes and begins to idly pat at them, trying to see when would be a good time, if any, to duck out for a quick smoke. Everyone seemed to be having a good time, at least

| >>809081

> Tierra nods again. It's rare to find someone likeminded when it comes to corporations. The benefits *were* nice.

>>809084

"Ah, no, if I get damages during one of their operations they will front the cost for repairs, otherwise I must seek out Himura-licenses technicians... which are rare, or I must go to one of Himura's clinics."

> Tierra sighed softly, realizing that technically Himura *STILL* did her repairs, just not for free.

"So actually, yes, in a way."

| >>809165

>Hanabi goes silent for a moment and twiddles her thumbs.

"Sounds like it would be nice to keep a technician nearby... How frequent do you come back from an operation with damages?"

"I wonder... how Bell Fore would treat me if I some how damaged the SD71... I know it isn't mine, so to speak. When the tests are over; I wonder if they'll find it fit to remove it from me..."

| >>809218

> Tierra shrugged softly in response, one of her gloved fingers running along the rim of the glass. She knew it was cold, her sensors told her, but she couldn't quite feel it.

"Not very frequently, I tend to operate... very well armored. There are times when I am without such protection, but it is almost entirely for reconnaissance and is not a combat role."

> She wished there was something left in the glass other than ice.

"Damages are often accidental, mistakes."

| >>809086
"Of course, I doubt anybody appreciate customers that don't pay up."

>Red chuckles.

"Oh, I think we haven't introduced ourselves yet. I'm Red, and that's my girlfriend overthere."

>He gestures to the girl sitting by his side, downing the second glass of energy drink. She turns and waves at Illya.

"Hey, I'm Alix."

| >>809226

>Hanabi giggles softly and reaches for her drink.

"That sounded really cool... You're such a *professional*!"

"If I'm being honest, I feel there's a lot I have left to learn... about corporate life..."

| >>809165
>Illya simply tilts her head, she no doubt is questioning what you're thinking
>>809243
"Ah yes. I'm Illya, Illya Steins. Nice to meet you Red, Alix... you make a cute couple."
>She says, utterly emotionless
"You seem very close after all."

| >>809287 >>809257 >>809243 >>809226

> Dusty claps her hands together, a teacher drawing the attention of unruly students. The cigarette held firmly between her fingers perhaps drew away from her attempted pose

"All right, I'm gonna smoke a paper finger so y'all better not want a drink for the next few minutes"

> She sticks the filter between her lips and throws on her leather jacket, leaving the bar with purpose

| >>809257

"Ah..."

> Tierra was suddenly sheepish. That was another complement, right? She wasn't used to those, still.

"Thank you, I suppose I am some sort of professional... I do not believe it is a complicated lifestyle."

> Tierra picked up a piece of ice and crunched down on it. This seemed appropriate, why was it?

"I wake up and check in with my handler, then I get my exercise in. Afterwards is breakfast, first setup... and.. yeah, it's normal."

| >>809287
"Thank you! Nice to meet you as well."

>Alix replies back with a pleased smile. Illya's utter lack of emotion doesn't seem to effect her at all.

"Anyway, hopefully you don't find this offensive, but why are you so... um, how do I put this, deadpan?"

>Red asks, the lack of emotion affecting him a little more.

"You don't need to answer if you don't want to."

| >>809525
"Hm? Ah, yes, as I just previously stated, I was born without the ability to feel emotions."
>She tilts her neck, confused as to how asking such a thing could be problematic
"It's not a touchy subject, have no fear."

| >>809423

>Hanabi rests her chin on her hand again, careful to not fall asleep this time.

"A handler...? That sounds... a little taxing. I don't have a handler, but the business always seems to know where I've been."

>>809525 >>809530

>She begins speaking to Illya while jotting down more notes.

"It must be difficult for you..."

"I think someone without emotion would be... of great interest to the research team."

>Hanabi continues to try and empathize with a brick wall.

| >>809533
>Illya simply shakes her hear
"I've never once thought myself unfortunate or pitiful. I think it's shallow of others to assume that a life without emotions is sad. I cannot feel sad, or lonely, or bored, I cannot hate and I cannot be annoyed."
>She tilts her head
"Doesn't that make me better off than most?"

| >>809530
"Oh, how did that... happen?"

>Red continues.

"Was that intentional?"

| >>809641
"Hm? I stated I was born as such... but I doubt it was intentional, simply one of nature's many mysteries."
>She states
"My mother was quite the emotional person, and so was my father. It made me the odd one out."

| >>809403

> Dusty sits on a trash can near the front of the bar, lazily puffing away at her cigarette. She checks her phone, doing the routine of clearing notifications with no intention of addressing any of them

> Every now and again, a rip of thunder would bounce around, the call of racers carving a new canyon for themselves. Dusty wish she could join them from her gilded cage

> The cigarette is soon reduced to ashes, and she sighs, returning to her post as fast as she left.

| >>809533

> Tierra nodded slightly, she'd heard that before.

"It is far easier than you imagine. When as... augmented as I am, it is important to have a handler. She keeps up with my mental state to ensure I'm healthy and not a danger to myself or others. She handles my paperwork, and ensures I am taking care of myself. It is a beneficial relationship."

> To Tierra, it was no different than her therapist, or a medical and aug doc. A handler just made sense.

| >>809860 >>809753 >>809641 >>809575 >>809533 >>808840

> A siren cuts through the din of the bar. The various televisions and feeds get cut off, only to be replaced by a "news" feed stating that the district was to undergo lockdown effective immediately due to illegal racing activities. Peace-keeping forces were to be dispatched.

> Many of the people inside the bar quickly made their way out, being locals and preferring safety of their own spaces and not a bar's

| >>809984

> Dusty quickly runs outside and wheels her own motorcycle inside, using it as a ram to get tables and chairs out of her way to make sure it's in a safe location. She then gets to work sealing up the windows and doors. Whoever designed this bar did so for keeps

> Steel shutters quickly unfurl, covering the windows. The door was locked with more steel bars. Dusty could be heard cursing the entire time as she did her job

"YOU'VE GOT TO BE FUCKING KIDDING ME"

| >Chanka's head jerks up from her glass as she frowns
"What is it again!!"

| >>810005

"We're fuckin locked down. A goon company got pissed at the races and now they're rounding up people like a fuckin rodeo out there. Better to stay locked up than to go outside, unless you have authority to waltz outside no issue."

> Dusty straddles her motorcycle and pets it, a mother calming down her baby. She dismounts it just as quick before returning to the bar. Another sigh, another can of beer opened just for her

| >Hanabi startles out of her seat as her pen flies out of her hand and is sent rolling onto the floor nearby.

"W-what?! A lockdown?"

>She hugs herself tight and begins fidgeting in her seat. She's panicking but doesn't have the energy.

"Are we... going to be ok? I'm scared... a-and I can't miss work tomorrow!"

| >>810012

> Dusty takes a swig of beer and holds out a finger to Hanabi in a weak attempt to calm the girl down.

“We *should* be fine. This place has decent enough security. Just so long as we’re here and not outside before dawn, we’ll be fine. Or like, something adjacent to fine, Hannah.”

> was that the right name? It felt like the right name.

“Want a cig?”

| "We're just stuck here then."

>Red says with a shrug.

"Oh no! We're supposed to pick up Fenrir after this."

>Alix exclaims, the realization dawning on her.

"Right, shit, I guess Fenrir will have to stay with the others for the night."

>Red sighs.

"Well, not that big of a deal, we'll just give them a call."

| >>810013

>Hanabi relaxes, picking some form of confidence from Dusty's attitude.

"No thank you... I'm supposed to avoid cigarettes... but..."

"I think... I'll be okay now. Seeing as we're stuck here together... My name is Hanabi... but Hannah is close enough, maybe?"

| >Illya simply looks at the commotion with a level gaze
"Well, that's a turn of events. Hm, I guess I'll have to open up shop a bit late today."
>She truly does not care, not that she could, anyway

| > Tierra frowned at all the noise before giving an exasperated sigh and standing up. She stepped away from the bar and pulled out her phone.

"Lizbeth is not going to like this..."

> She dialed a number, and engaged in a very frustrated-sounding conversation in Japanese. Mostly her informing her Handler she was sending the night at a bar, yes she was with friends, no it wasn't a sleep over. What was a sleep over?

| >>810019

"Oh... Hanabi... my bad. Sounds like something Kitty would say. Got it now."

>>810114 >>810280

> Dusty points at the two women now both having their own pair of moments

"More drinks ladies? Not like I can charge y'all since we'd be "harboring fugitives" or some shit like that."

> She peels her jacket off once more, tossing it over the busted helmet. Not like she'll be needing either any time soon

| >>810337
>Alix raises her hand excitedly.

"Can I have a fluffy dream? No karmotrine."

>Red, meanwhile, quickly send a few texts on his phone before turning back to Illya.

>>810114
"Speaking of, what's the opening hours for your place?"

>Red asks.

| >>810337

> Tierra hung up and returned to the bar, sitting down and sighing with a shrug.

"I suppose it wouldn't hurt, yes. Cobalt velvet, double the Karmotrine, two spills of Bronson, and a light powdering of Delta... or... Scratch that, actually. Just give me something crazy but good tasting."

> She supposed she could... let loose, they would be here all night and she would have to sleep around them.

| >>810338 >>810343

> Dusty gets to work fixing up at least one fluffy dream. The second drink she makes is unmistakably a Piano Man. She gives the appropriate drinks to the appropriate girls and takes a seat on the bar itself, sidesaddling it with her beer in tow

"Here you are ladies. Don't expect a song out of me or anything. Pete's the one who likes singing."

| >>810337

>Hanabi gets up and digs around on the floor for her pen. After retrieving it she carefully tucks it into her notebook and closes it shut.

"Kitty...huh? Seeing as I've nowhere to be, I guess I don't have to stay awake any more... I'd like to try a Fringe Weaver..."

| >>810347

> Dusty does a little hop off the bar and mixes up a large fringe weaver and makes a little extra even. She serves up the drink and pours the bar share into a shot glass. She simply places the drink in front of Hanabi and begins to explain herself

“Yeah. Kitty. Fox is his actual name. I like kitty because it sounds like Kit-su-né. It’s what his little courier gig is called. He’s a lilim, quicker than greased lightning.”

| >Chanka is still drinking, mumbling angrily as she pulls out her phone from her pocket and promptly shuts it down, she has to try several times to hit the touchscreen, her hand's claws getting in the way.
"...stupid phonething, slippery..."
>She plops it unto the counter
"Gimme something stronger!!"
>A ring errupts from her breastpocket.
>She pulls out another phone, this one covered in a thick casing
>Chanka frowns deeply
"I'll take this call!!"
>She walks off towards the entrance

| >>810345
"Thanks."

>Alix replies as she take the drink.

"Well, Ally over here love singing as well."

>Red adds in with a chuckle as he throws his arm around Alix.

"Although you might not want to be there when she's singing, depending on how tipsy she is."

>That earns him another knock from his girlfriend, who also slips out of his arm.

| >>810356

"Chica, if I gave you anything stronger, I'd have to serve you pure Karmotrine, so I'll do the closest that I can."

> Dusty works her magic to get another big Fringe Weaver fixed up as Chanka left to take her call. She leaves it with the other empty glass, assuming it'll be safe for everyone to leave things as the Major left them.

|

| >>810345

> Tierra took the Piano Man and glanced at it curiously. The glass was unlike anything she had ever drank from before. Perhaps it would be good.

> She took a few sips from it before gently setting it down and considering its flavor.

"Sour, not bad, but sour."

>>810349

"Ah, I have not seen Fox except for the one time I have met him. Is he faring well?"

> Fox was friendly when they met, if a little too excited to make new friends. She was not dissimilar, just flat.

| >>811939
"Fox? He's good, just runnin' around a lot. I keep tryin' to take him out to have some fun, but he's committed to what he does. I invited him here today! Hopefully he's staying pu-"

> A phone ringing cuts off Danielle. She quickly takes the call, mumbling some and giving short answers before hanging up

"That was him! He's locking down the warehouse so he's safe too"

| >>811074
>Chanka returns after a few minutes, grinding her teeth together, she mumbles something about "stupid people" and "Incompetent!", her face is red with anger.
>So red in fact that it matches both her horns and crimson eyes, she looks like a boiled octopus.
>Her fangs are bared and the grinding grows louder.
>She looks like a kid who had her blankie taken away.
>Don't say that to her though.
"I thought tonight was a good night!!!"
>She screams, tapping the counter

| >>812315

> Dusty wordlessly grabs a bottle of something from behind her and uncorks it. She places the bottle between her and Chanka, a taunt of sorts

"Shit, I did too. Had a flame I was gonna meet up in Neon after I closed up here but I guess that won't happen."

> Dusty takes a drink before realizing what she'd so obviously missed. The question was right there and the answer wasn't

"Wait, *YOU'RE* stuck here too?"

| >>812327
>Alix's ears perk up again. She turns to Dusty and asks;

"A flame? That sounds cool, who's that? Is that like, racing alias?"

| >>812327
>Chanka takes the bottle and sniffs its contents
"I am! The Commissar told me to 'stay there!!' Apparently they don't trust my sense of direction! What a bunch of baloney!"
>She seems peeved at the fact that she's stuck in here.
"I mean! I would get lost but who cares!! I can handle myself!!"
>She drinks straight from the bottle
>So she would get lost...

| >>812371
"Well, they wouldn't want such an important officer such as yourself in the middle of nowhere, eh, major?"

>Red chimes in.

"That would make it harder to track you down when they need you."

| >>812368

> Dusty was mid-swig of beer when she had heard the question. The question, so out of left field, made her choke, sputtering like a bad engine. She took a second to regain her senses before answering

"Uh... no. They're... they're just some guy. Y'know, like, a romantic flame? I don't think romance is the best word but... yeah."

> In the low light, Dusty felt very secure. Not like anyone was gonna notice how red her cheeks got

| >>812467
"Oh, I think I know what that means."

>Alix replies with a smirk, shooting a glance at her boyfriend.

"Like how Alix's lighting my flame?"

>Red remarks with a smile back.

"Oh, shut up."

>Alix says, before gasping at the sudden realization.

"Wait, you're telling me that you're seeing someone? Who *is* he?"

| >>812497

> Dusty pulls her phone out and tries to figure out who exactly it is she's talking about. Unfortunately for her, well,

"Yeah see, I don't exactly remember his name. I mean I have pictures but... i didn't like... save his name or anything."

> Dusty laughs a bit, trying to make herself feel less awkward and hopefully the others as well

"Nights out in the clubs, you know how it goes"

| >>812147

"That is good to hear. Perhaps he might be able to enjoy himself more with you. I must ask, though, does he not enjoy being alone? I find it is... soothing."

>>812315

"Tonight may still be a wonderful night, Chanka. We are in good company, and there is to be more said for that than anything else."

>>812467

"A romantic flame, Dusty? I did not take you for one interested in such a thing."

> Tierra did not know who that looked like. She did not understand romance.

| >>812599
"Yeah, yeah, I get it, totally."

>Red replies, earning a questioning glance from Alix, but he presses on before she could say anything.

"Well, what's he like? What do you like about him?"

| >>812392
>Chanka grimaces before smugly smiling, she raises both hands in a shrug and with speaks with all the might of a brat.
"Heh, when they need me they send a car my way you know? Because I'm an adult who has other people to drive for me!"
>She says with confidence, radiating with smug energy...
>Like a kid bragging about their mom picking them up from school instead of taking the bus, what a great adult.

| >>812741

"Fox likes his down time. But he also likes being around others. It's in his line, being a '72 and all."

> Danielle realizes that now she has to say something with regards to what was just going to be a fling and nothing more. She quickly did her best to fill her mind with an answer to come up with

"Oh, the reason I like him? He's got a collection like I've never seen before. I mean, i thought i saw it all already, but nope. He's got things I've only dreamed of."

| >>812741
>Chanka looks at Tierra with a bored expression
"Well, I guess its better than pacimg around my apartment... Wait a minute!"
>Chanka suddenly comes back to her energetic self!
"If I can't get home in time, who's going to feed my birds?? And put them to sleep??"
>She says, clutching her head into her hands
"What should I do???"
>She seems more concerned about her birds than any of the "company" hete tonight...

| >>812765

> Tierra sighed and nodded towards Chanka somewhat resolutely.

"If you are worried about getting lost, you can tell me your address and I can guide you there. With the two of us, who could stop our path through the city to your home?"

> Tierra looked serious. She would help Chanka home so she could feed her birds and put them to sleep. This was friendship, this was camaraderie. Yes, she was becoming more normal.

| >>812770

“Pump the breaks there girl. We’re in a lockdown. You go out them doors, peace-crushers are gonna lock y’all up for a lot longer than just a night. That’s what the courtesy alert was for. Even with the output on the Kingfisher here, we’d get cut off before hitting a bridge”

> Dusty took a very harsh tone. She gripped the beer can right, her hands wishing they were around something else.

| >>812764
"Ooh, what kind of collection?"

>Alix asks with a smirk.

| >>812770
>Chanka seems uncertain.
"But I don't wanna cause trouble either!"
>She seems a fair bit troubled by the fact that she can't go home now, she grinds her teeth again.
>Seems its a bad habit of hers.
"Oh! Maybe I can call my neighbor!"
>She once agains fishes up the large phone from her pockets and starts to mess with it, sending a message to her neighbor.
"She's an acquaintance of mine, I even let her have a double of my keys! I got nervous for nothing!"
>The grinding halts

| >Hanabi drank two sips of her Fringe Weaver and immediately crashed asleep on the counter with her forehead placed squarely on top of her notebook.

| >>812806

“He’s got an insane col—“

>>812834
>Dusty stops herself as she gets startled by the passing out of Hanabi. She sighs and jumps over the bar in order to pick up the sleeping girl. Despite Dusty’s height, she carries Hanabi as if she weighs close to nothing.

“Well fuck. Might as well post her up in a booth. I’ll be back.”

> She effortlessly gets the girl up to a booth, making sure the comfort levels are at least above a bar and stool. What a night

| >>812834
"Oh dear, Hanabi must have been dead tired."

>Alix mutters, looking at the sleeping figure.

>>812843
"Actually, speaking of, do you have somewhere we can sleep?"

>Red chimes in.

| >>812844
> Dusty sets the girl down well enough to where she assumes it’ll be safe for them before returning to her post.

“Somewhere yall can sleep? I mean, anywhere that isn’t the bathroom, behind the bar or near The Kingfisher. Especially not near my motorcycle; I have stuff in there”

| >>812845
>Chanka shakes her head
"I don't need sleep! I sleep during the day time!"
>The tiny Oni seems to have messaged her neighbor, averting the bird based crisis.
>That fact seems to have greatly relieved the small Officer as she slumps unti the counter with an exaggerated sigh
"Being an adult is tough work..."
>If she didn't lisp while saying that, she might have appeared like an actual adult, alas Chanka seemed anything but.

| >>812845
"If you say so, any chance you have something for cushion?"

>Red asks, casting a glance at the sleeping girl. Alix speaks up.

"Actually spare it for her if you have any, she needs it more. I already have Red~"

>She says, gesturing towards Hanabi, before she throws her arms around her boyfriend, snuggling up.

| >>812857
"Wait, don't you work during the day, major?"

>Red asks, throwing one hand around Alix as he looks towards Chanka.

| >>812859
“There’s the seat to the fisher. Not that I’d recommend it, even for me. This is still bar dude; not like we expect this to really happen. I have some emergency blankets if yall get cold I think”

> Dusty moves towards her motorcycle, putting on her helmet as she moves closer. The headlight comes on as she stands near the saddlebags. She digs around and comes back with four bright silver packets.

“Found ‘em”

| >>812772

> Tierra looked at Dusty for a few moments before nodding and relaxing back into her stool.

"Very well, I will trust your judgement on this."

>>812834

> Equally startled, Tierra lightly flinched as she glanced over at Hanabi. She looked over the girl intently before looking back at her drink.

"That is twice..."

> She rubbed the back of her head and gave a heavy sigh at the prospect of sleep.

"I have slept in more uncomfortable conditions, at least."

| >>812860
>Chanka shakes her head
"Sometimes? Not often, I usually work at night!"

| >>812924

"You want an emergency blanket? If we divide them up... I get one, you and Chanks gets one, Hanaba gets the third and that other girl gets the last."

> The mental math added all up in Dusty's head. Despite the helmet on, her voice didn't sound muffled at all. It's almost uncanny. It appears she has yet to realize she hasn't taken it off yet

| >>813060
>Illya has simply been sitting there, enjoying her drink slowly
"Hm? Oh, there's no need to worry, I'm fairly used to these sorts of things."
>She looks at the heavy steel shutter
"Bolivia, Yemen, I've seen much worse... especially that time in central Africa. PMCs running around with Doubles strapped with bombs... The Rare Metal Conflicts were some very nasty things... I doubt the GCPD could ever compare."
>She takes another sip

| >>812863
"I'll be fine, I've seen worse. I'm more worried about Alix though."

>Red replies as he throws the other arm around his girlfriend, fully embracing her. Alix looks up at him.

"You'll just have to keep me warm then, don't you? Besides, you're not the only Canadian here, this isn't that cold just yet."

>Alix says, getting a chuckle from Red.

| >>813064
"Uh...huh.... okay. Well, if you don't want it then I guess I'll just like... keep it here on the bar."

> Dusty wasn't really sure what Illya was talking about. But she didn't want to press the issue because it sounded like things that weren't appropriate for the time.

"I might as well look for at least snacks or somethin- wait, no, that box got stolen. I guess we're stuck no matter what. This sucks."

> Dusty faceplants on the bar, her helmet taking all the impact

| >>813121
"Thank you."
>Illya simply states, her face and voice as void of emotion as ever
"This reminds me of my brief stint in Khazakstan more than central Africa, hmmm... what with the camping in buildings."
>She says, to no one in particular
>She turns towards the walls
"I cannot help but draw parallels to warzones, it must be the unique décor."

| >>813121
"Oh, dear, are you okay?"

>Alix asks, turning towards the sound of helmet against the counter.

| >>813122
"I guess I'll set up my little camp then to make it feel more homely for the both of us. I spent enough time in a squat too"

> Dusty's voice stayed the same. Something was up with that helmet of hers

>>813362
"Huh? Oh. According to this my display, No vital signs are being detected. Other than that, I think I'm okay, just a little hungry"

| >>813060

"I think I'll be fine without a blanket, I tend to run a little warm..."

> Tierra laid her head upon her palm, watching as Dusty faceplanted into the bar. She reached out cautiously and tapped the side of the helmet with two loud thuds.

"Sounds sturdy..."

>>813122

> Tierra nodded in agreement with Illya.

"It is an atmosphere that one can appreciate, although I never traveled far from Japan for my operations. Sleeping was... always secure, in my vehicle of choice."

| >>813476
"I had quite the tumultuous time when my work for CRI was at it's peak. At least it made me see a lot of the world... the bad parts of it. Glitch City might have myriad issues, but it's much more charming than the Diamond mines of Nigeria or Botswana."
>She shuts her eyes
"Still, Japan... I had the privilege of visiting it many a time with Ms. Kuro and her wife, it is quite a good place. Safe."

| >>813431
"That doesn't sound good. Does it do that often?"

>Red asks, while Alix turns around and ruffle through her sling bag, before pulling out a small circular tupperware.

"Oh, I might have something for you Dusty."

>She opens the tupperware, revealing it filled with festive little sugar cookies.

"I tried baking sugar cookies the other day, I was going to give these to my friends, but I guess you guys can have them now that we're stuck here."

| >>813610

> Tierra nodded in agreement.

"New Osaka is plenty safe, at least so long as you remain in Corporate territory. The other cities it varies from place to place, but there are no great wars. Nothing more than petty criminals as far as I am concerned."

>>813820

> The concept of sweets quickly got Tierra's attention. She cleared her throat and then nodded her head.

"Thank you for your offer, Miss... Alix, was it? It is appreciated."

| >>813820
"Yeah, it does that whenever I don't have it hooked up right. If I actually had my gear on, it would be able to tell I'm okay"

> She peels off the helmet and gives her head a good shake. A small cloud of her namesake comes into focus for a moment before disappearing. She then stands back up fully

"Well, if you brought cookies, I think everyone else should get some too. I'm a big girl; I don't mind waiting too long"

| >>813964
"Makes sense."

>Red says while Alix passes the tupperware over to Tierra.

>>813947
"Just don't eat it all okay? Pass it around. I'm sure the major would love some as well."

| >>813969

> Tierra nodded graciously as she took two cookies from the tupperware and passed it over to Dusty.

> She thoughtfully decapitated Frosty with a single bite. Her eyes glittered softly as she chewed with thought before nodding.

"Sweet, very good. Thank you."

> They literally seemed to shimmer, as if she had RGB lights installed into her eyes. Maybe she did?

| >>813975

> Dusty takes a cookie from the container, the one shaped like an evergreen. She eyes it over and takes a bite at the base, chopping it down for good. It's pretty tasty

"Whoa this is pretty tasty. Thanks. It'll give me the energy I need to set up a roost, whenever I get around to that."

> She drinks some more and takes a hard look at her motorcycle. Maybe the camp felt like unnecessary extras before, but now, they were heaven-sent

| >>813975 >>814144
>Alix herself takes a cookie from the container, this one in the shape of a heart, wirh pinkish glaze with streaks of white.

"Oh hey, Red, you made this one. Remember?"

>She calls, handing it to him.

"Oh yeah! Well, you can have it, so you know my heart stays with you."

>He says, giving the cookie a look ove4 before giving it back.

"Aw, thank you."

>Alix replies, hugging him again.

| >>814165
> Dusty's face turns and she looks over at Tierra instead. She shrugs and sticks the cookie in her mouth, attempting to speak despite it

"Hey Thieea, wan to come hel me put fis camph up?"

> She walked back towards her motorcycle and began to take the seat off. She takes the cookie from her mouth to speak up now

"Oh, All Yall can like, sit wherever. Not like we're open for business y'know. Controls for the TVs right underneath where the shakers are"

| >>814246
>Red nods, while Alix takes a bite out of the cookie, eating almost half of it.

"Red, come here, have some too."

>She says, handing him the other half of the cookie.

"I'm eating my own heart now, that's gruesome."

>Red jokes, but eats the cookie anyways.

"It really is good. Nice job. I'm very proud of you."

>He praises Alix once he's finished the cookie.

"Thank you, thank you."

| >>814246

> Tierra nods and stands up, taking her cookies with her and taking another soft, thoughtful bite. For someone so big and imposing she sure did eat gently.

"Very well, I am more than happy to help, Dusty. Where shall we begin?"

| >>814630

> Dusty finishes the cookie in one swift bite with no issue at all. A nod for the cookie and back to work. She pulls out what looks like a blanket and throws it on the ground and motions to Tierra

"Okay so we're gonna need to scooch these tables around so we can spread the tarp down. We won't get rain so that's a big plus. The thermal blankets will provide more comf too. Pete and I used to do this; making camp while on the road when we were working."

| >>814641

> Tierra followed Dusty over, leaving one and a half cookies on the bar. She listened to Dusty's instructions, then quickly got to work.

"Very well, I shall move the tables."

> And move the tables she did, shoving them into far corners of the bar and leaving quite a space in the center of the room. She then decided to move the chairs, too.

"I see, we are seeking to create a faux camp inside to create a level of comfort akin to camping? That is very smart."

| >>814670
"Something like that, yeah. Usually we'd use our bikes and guns to set up a site, but here, we kind of have things to stack and set up. Like, watch"

> Dusty stacks a chair on a table and makes a frame of sorts to hang a thermal blanket on. It makes a rough lean-to shape that looks less sturdy than it really is

"See? Then he'd have a stove and stuff to make food with sometimes. And we'd do our patching up and whatever else we could to pass time. Good times, I think."

| >>814852
"Let's go to sleep."

>Alix speaks up, Red nods.

"Alright."

>The couple finishes up their drink and packs up the tupperware.

"We'll go to sleep now, you guys have fun."

>Alix says sweetly to the others, before she and Red turns to find a more secluded place to sleep in.

| >>814852

"Ah, that sounds interesting... I remember nights sitting inside the cockpit, unsynced and looking out the ballistic glass... Sometimes I had a thermos with me, for a hot tea. It was very pleasant."

> Tierra adjusts a few chairs to help Dusty progress with the impromptu blankie fort. She has never done this before, but the idea is comfortable.

"This looks like it will be warm, that would be nice were I not already warm."

| >>815831

"I can only wonder what that would have been like. Nothing like the glittering from the moon cannon or the fires from the Battery in the distance"

> Dusty continues to build, but a little more hesitantly. Her muscles aren't taking the full request, only the suggestion

"Do you ever miss it?"

| >>816067

"...Sometimes, yes. I am... still a freelancer, operating with the same equipment I used to. So... it is somewhat there. It is just not the same, as I do not leave this city."

> Tierra weighed down some of the blankets with additional chairs or cushions. Things were starting to come together.

"Why do you ask?"

| >>816233
"Curiosity? You seem like the kind of girl who's married to their job. To what they believe in. I'm trying to think if I'm like that."

> Dusty takes a few steps away from the little camp and soaks in the feeling of it. Yep, just like she remembers.

"Okay, I think we're just about done here. Now it's feeling like a proper hunter's camp spot"

| >>816561

"Ah.. I suppose that would be me. Perhaps it is simply that I do not know anything else. It is not as if I have talents or skills outside of my... profession."

> Tierra equally admired the camp, before carefully slipping under the blankets and sitting down.

"...This is quite cozy, yes. I suppose I shall be the heater?"

| >Chanka simply stared at Dusty's and Tierra's fort, a look of puzzlement dying her childlike features.
>What the heck are those two doing? some kind of fluff based construction project? what was that???
>The Oni's brain raced... or well tried to, it's not easy being a Fiat500 in an F1 cicuit.
>Saddly for her, Chanka's childhood was as boring as her current free-time ever was, meaning that she had never even built a "fort" before.
>What a sad little Oni, not that she cared.

| >Still, she approached the unfortunate duo's little tent, her hands placed upon her hips
"W-What are you guys doing?!"
>She scowls, despite her best effort at being intimidating Chanka is anything but, she looks like a child who's mad about being told to wait for dinner rather than a pointillous police officer.
"Doing something like this... Are you two going to bed! Who am I going to talk to!! I'm not tired yet!"
>And so the real reason for her annoyance emerges.
>You selfish Oni

| >>816839

"I'm not tired, I don't even sleep dude. Just wanted to be comfortable y'know. Want to join us here? we have the space. Grab your drink actually. I'll get some beers."

> Dusty launches herself from her position, fluidly moving to get another six pack of beer from the fridge. She gives a wave of her hand, beckoning everyone to join her and tierra for a nice night in

"We got nothing but time. Let's just sit around and talk since we ain't got stars or sons"

| >>816679

"maybe don't turn up the heat *just* yet. I'm feeling pretty toasty as it is and getting more undressed isn't something that I want to do here with y'all."

> Dusty pretends to fan herself off as she sits down with the beers. She cracks one of them open and has some more. She's putting drinks down like it's going out of style

| >>816890
>Chanka's scowl seems to lift a little
"Well, don't scare me like that!"
>She approaches and sits down next to Tierra, holding her short legs together
>Her long cream colored hair pools around the floor as she does, it's really long and fluffy.
>She takes a beer and with a practiced motion opens it in an instant.
>>816965
>Despite Dusty's pleas, she would quickly realize that the small Oni who had just joined them in the fort was already radiating heat at a great pace...

| >>817051

"well, one more girl and then it's a real slumber party. Except with more heat. Damn, both of you are literally steaming."

> Dusty's cheeks look flushed as she fans herself some more. She yanks her shirt off, only to reveal a thin tank top underneath. She gives a stretch and looks comfy once again

"It's... nice to have this, even if it's not like I'm used to. How are you feeling Major? Is it time for girl talk now that you're here?"

| >>817054
>Chanka gulps down the beer.
"I'm usually going at 86 degrees! Bigger numbers means I'm better!"
>That's 30 degrees celsisus, what was the average temperature for humans again?
>Not that, is a start.
>Chanka smiles smugly, despite this she's still wearing her full outfit, obivously unbothered by the heat.
"Girl talk? Huh?"
>Chanka furrows her brow
>What's so special about girl talk? Don't most girls talk? Is she not a girl? What about women talk?
"..."
>Chanka is confused!

| >>817054

"I apologize again, unfortunately I run hot, even more so when my augs are on... like when I'm drinking."

> Tierra regards the beer. Her eyes do not leave it as she continues to heavily regard the beer. Why is she staring at it so intently?

> She takes it. A decision at last.

"And... what is girl talk? Is there a code I am expected to understand? I apologize, I have never sat in a tent in the middle of a bar."

| >>817055 >>817080

"Have you *never* had a girls talk? Wait, what am I even saying? I should have guessed as much. So much for my wishful thinking"

> She leans back and falls flat, sighing in mock defeat

"Girl talk is... just talking about feelings and life and stuff. Maybe while painting nails and braiding hair and junk. Destressing, i guess is another word. That doesn't involve... getting physical"

> That was a safe way to word it, right?

| >>817230

> Tierra stared at Dusty for a few moments, trying to figure out what she's talking about. Girl talk is for... feelings, and life...? painting of nails, braiding hair...

"I do not have nails that can be painted, but my hair is certainly braidable. I am unsure of what we are supposed to talk about..."

"Life is good, I have been eating ramen from a vending machine near my apartment for lunch each day. It has improved in quality... I had a good walk on the way here."

| >>817230
>Chanka's expression darkens as she hugs her tiny legs closer to herself
"Don't wanna talk about life."
>She seems oddly insistent on that point

| >>817283

"Okay, okay, we're on the right path here. That's good."

> Dusty drinks some more beer, her cheeks still just as flushed as before even after her clothing change. She motions for Chanka to sit down closer to her

>>817285
"Okay shortie, come here so I can teach you how to braid hair. It feels like I'm 12 again and I kind of don't hate it? Grab yourself a beer too"

| >>817288
>Despite being called a shortie, and having a few words of protest prepared in her mind, Chanka still moves closer to Dusty
>There's a hint of red tinting her pale skin, seems all those hard drinks she's had are finally working their way into her system.
"Mind the horns!"
>She says as she entrusts her flowing cream colored hair to you
>This brat... she has no intention to learn, she just wants her hair braided!

| >>817288

"Ah, um... I decided not to get the social aug, at Lizbeths' recommendation. It is still unknown what its side effects are... Lizbeth is my Handler, I should say."

> Tierra raised a gloved hand and scratched her jaw before sidling over to observe Dusty braid Chanka's hair.

"I did not realize there was a ceremony involving hair braiding. I shall do my utmost to learn, that way if I ever find myself in a 'girl talk' again I shall be ready."

| >>817289
"I got you. Oh wow, do all you oni-types have nice hair? I swear y'all do..."

> Her voice trails slightly, remembering her other close Oni friend and how nice her hair is. She gingerly grabs loose hair far from Chanka's horns and holds it up to Tierra.

>>817290
"The rituals... they're intricate. Watch; you gotta like, weave the hair together like this, just take it slow"

> Dusty does her best to begin weave a simple three-strand braid in the Oni's hair. It looks neat

| >>817298
>The Oni's hair is exquisite, it's soft and warm. Looks like the little one does take care of it.
>Chanka closes her eyes, she seems to be enjoying the experience quite a bit.
>A contended sigh escapes her cherry pink lips as she leans some of her weight unto Dusty
>She seems awfully fragile despite her usual attitude.

| >>817298

> Tierra watched intently. She understood, these rituals *were* indeed intricate... she always had her own hair braided by staff, never had she witnessed the art itself.

"I see, slow and steady. That makes sense."

>>817301

> Tierra then looks down at Chanka and back up at Dusty, nodding at her actions.

"The Major seems to enjoy having her hair touched. It is very warm... what does it feel like, Dusty?"

| >>817301 >>817302

> Dusty finishes the first braid and ties it off with a band from her pocket. She gets to work forming another on the opposite side, just about perfectly symmetrical

"Her hair? It's like... Like down feathers. Or at least what I think they'd be like. Very light and soft, but insanely warm. No wonder she's a furnace. Sayuri's hair was the same, except much smoother. I think she uses special treatments. Makes me miss my long hair."

> She gives her own hair a shake

| >>817304

"Down feathers...? I do not believe I have ever touched such a thing... I don't really remember what most things felt like before my arms were... augmented. I know soft, but... not anything like feathers."

> Tierra relaxed and took a can of beer for herself, opening it by just pushing in the opening with her finger. She sipped quietly.

"Who is Sayuri?"

| >>817304
>The Major simply nuzzles her head into your body
>She seems to enjoy the sensation of her hair being handled quite a lot.

| >>817307 >>817308
"Feathers are strange. Some are soft; others are rigid. Birds have all the luck, I think."

> Dusty gets to work on a third braid, motioning Tierra to help out on a fourth to finish faster

"Oh, Sayuri. She's a friend. Also has horns like Chanks, although not as long. She's also taller, *much* taller. She's a demon of the night, that one. Maybe I'll give her a call in the morning..."

> She gives a shrug and finishes off a can of beer before finishing the braid

| >>817406
"Birds are nice! I have two of them you know!"
>Chanka, now comfortably seated and groomed pulls out her phone once more and displays an image on the screen.
>She practically shoves the device into Tierra and Dusty's faces
>On the screen is an image of Chanka, wearing twin-tails, holding out her hands.
>Two birds are sat upon them, A somewhat large white sparrow and a much tinier bird with a grey body and dark head.
"The white one is Richard! the other one is Choco!"

| >>817410

"Oh, dude, those are uhh... Java finches right? They're supposed to have a beautiful song. I don't know what they have to do with coffee though; I always thought that was kind of weird."

> Dusty begins to scratch her head, doing her best to kick start her memory

"I'm a little jealous to be honest. I always wanted a bird or five. Have a little real aviary. But I don't want to make Kingfisher here jealous"

> She gives her motorcycle a solid thunk with her foot.

| >>817406

> Tierra hummed quietly before assisting Dusty with the braiding of the Chank. Her hands moved quickly, having studied Dusty's movements precisely.

>>817410

"Ah... your birds are very... good. I have never owned a bird, or any pet for that matter."

>>817593

> Tierra looked between the two of them. She did not know what the motorcycle had to do with birds. She did not want to ask. That would expose further inexperience of girl talk. She was a professional.

| >>817593 >>817625
>Chanka smiles widely, baring sharp fangs
"Aren't they cute! They have the best chirps! Richard is a little lazy but Choco is a really active little one!"
>Chanka seems really happy to talk about her birds, there is a gentle light within her vermillion eyes.
>She continues to show pictures on her phone, displaying the two birds in many places within what you can assume to be the Major's home.
>A few pictures feature the Chank herself.

| >>817625 >>817778
“Don’t feel down about it Tierra, I ain’t never had a pet either. Never lived in a place where I could keep one safely”

> Dusty eyes the pictures of the birds, eyes glittering. She wonders what it must be like for chanka to care for them. Maybe having birds wasn’t the brightest idea for her or Fox

“I’ll have to stop by and say hi to Choco and George then. I bet the books aren’t as good as the real thing”

| >>817795
>Chanka smiles widely
"Oh! Feel free, They love when I have people over, since I'm not home very often!"
>Despite saying something so sad like 'Oh yeah I spend all my time working' Chanka is all smiles.
>This Oni is apparently a free-range version.
"They're good little birdies you know! They always play with me when I get home!"
>Chanka giggles while she thinks about her small companions

| >During all this time, Illya has simply been seated at the bar, slowly but surely finishing her drink as the other girls go and talk
>As far as she knows, any talk ahe makes would be "Girl's Talk." She was a girl, and she was talking
"..."
>Well, not right now, anyway

| >>817796

> Dusty giggles at the thought of birds perching around the fireball that was the Oni in front of her.

"Okay, then I really have to go I guess. I hopw they're as small as I think they are."

> Dusty gives chanka a pat on the head

"Y'know, maybe this's better than meetin' up with that one sucka whose name i forgot"

> A hint of a drawl started creeping into her accent. She might be getting drunk

| >>817995
>Chanka leans into the pat, closing her eyes
>She seemed to be about to say something...
>Soon the Oni seems to be drifting to sleep.
>So much for not being tired.

| >>817795

"Ah, it is not that I feel bad. I do not feel strongly towards the idea of pets. It seems like a hassle without any real payoff."

> Tierra sipped from her beer and rubbed the back of her head.

"I do not know what it feels like to own a pet, so I did not know how to complement the Major's pets.."

> Tierra glanced down at the sleeping Oni and sighed before relaxing under the blanket fort.

"But blanket forts, these are nice and comfortable."

Total number of posts: 250, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1640834290

This thread is permanently archived