danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
(Setting) Superkick'N Karaage (Dinner "Rush")

| >Tucked away in a back-alley downtown lies a small restaurant. Outside is a gathering of thuggish looking young men; employees, all wearing the same bright red tokkofuku smoking cigarettes and engaging in lively conversation.

>Inside is a small dining room; the walls decorated with a combination of pro-wrestling memorabilia and mementos from old bosozoku members in the form of stickers, gang photos, old uniforms, and flags.

| >At the back of the store is a long counter with a cash register on one end and a row of seats on the other. Above the counter is a cheap letterboard menu with pictures of it's contents taped about: A menu that seems to be some unholy combination of karaage centric Japanese cuisine and an American fast food joint.

>The kitchen is visible from the counter, and two employees are bickering and rough housing with each other in front of the fryers.

| >Behind the register stands another employee with slicked back bleached blonde hair wearing a pair of tortoise shell glasses. There's a name tag on his chest that reads his name and occupation: “GENERAL MANAGER: TAICHI”.

>He turns around to the kitchen and yells in a voice ill-befitting for his frame.

"Would it kill you two bozos to at least *try* and act professional? The customers can see you y'know?!"

>...

"What customers?"

>The two fry cooks snicker back.

|

| >Almost as if on cue, a small girl enters the store! She was no taller than 5 feet tall. Her hair was black, long, and messy, as if she just woke up. She had on a grey hoodie that seemed a few sizes too big, so big that they hid her denim shorts. To round off her outfit, she was wearing a pair of black boots, probably steel toed.

"Aha~! I knew I smelled karaage~!"

>Behind her were two small drones that landed on her shoulders as she entered.

"Do you happen to do rice bowls~?"

| >>793284

>Taichi claps his hands on his cheeks and yells out to the fry cooks.

"Look alive boys! First customer of the night!"

>He turns back to the woman with the drones.

"Yeah, we sure do! We've got some choices for sauces too, usually for bowls we use our 'Shooting Star Spicy Mayo' or 'Springboard Yuzu Soy'. That is if you *want* sauce. We make all of them here as a bit of a contest between employees."

| "A contest, you say~? Sounds interesting~!"

>The girl gives a wide smile and nods to herself as she hums softly.

"Well, if it's a rice bowl with karaage, you have to do spicy mayo~!"

| >>793293

>Taichi laughs and gives a shrug.

"Yeah, we're a competitive bunch. These jokers need some way to fight without actually fighting,"

>He turns and yells at the frycooks again.

"You heard her! Karaage Don with the shooting star!"

>Taichi returns to talking to the customer, his tone of voice making a complete 180.

"Can I get you anything to drink while you're waiting?"

| > A black-haired catboomer woman stepped into the restaurant. A modern and sleek coat emblazoned with a small Himura logo joined a set of black gloves, slacks, and boots. She smiled awkwardly at Taichi as she entered before sitting down at the counter.

"Greetings, after speaking with both you and Gideon I suppose it was time that I ventured into here myself. Hopefully your karaage is everything that I hope it will be."

| >>793491

>Taichi perks up upon seeing Tierra sit down.

"Welcome! Glad you could make it Tierra!"

>Taichi claps his hands loudly and shouts out to all the employees once again.

"Tierra is here! She's agreed to help us with the recipe, everyone say hi!"

>All the employees in the kitchen, dining room, and outside say hello in different ways so it just comes out sounding like noise.

"Order whatever you want, it's on the house! So long as you tell us what you think."

| >>793497

> Tierra sheepishly raised her hand and rubbed the back of her head. She hadn't expected such a welcome.

"Ah, thank you for the... courteous welcome. I do not know what I would like here, so please give me your favorite item."

> Tierra nodded to herself, lowering her hand. Yes, this was a good decision. A safe decision, always take the chef's recommendation as it will either be the cheapest, or the best.

> Hopefully no food poisoning would befall her this time.

| >Another figure steps into the restuarant. It was a woman, dressed in a khaki trench coat with a loose-fitting pair of trousers. There's the consistent sound of her ammo boots on the floor board as she makes her way towards the register.

| >>793548

>Taichi nods and gives Tierra smile.

"Ohh ho, well we may as well give you the full experience, get you something unique to us!"

>Taichi crosses his arms as he belts back to the kitchen:

"Deathmatch Combo Meal! With a few sauces on the side! This one's for Tierra, make it *good*!"

"Anything to drink Tierra? We've got soda, water, canned beer, and a few different flavors of chuhai."

| >>793560

>After taking the orders of the previous customers, Taichi turns his attention to the next customer.

"Welcome to Superkick'N Karaage..."

>Taichi suddenly stops speaking and begins to look embarrassed. Suddenly, all the employees in the building begin heckling him 'Say it!', 'What would boss want?'

"Hrggghh... Fine!"

"Welcome to Superkick'N Karaage, Where our chicken can take a lickin and keep on kickin!"

>The employees all cheer.

"What can I get for you?"

| >A tiny person enters the restaurant, her cream colored hair put up into two large twin tails, her usual bangs pulled backward, exposing a cute forehead and two red horns growing from it.
>Anyone who knows her would recognize Major Chanka, although meeting her in civilian get-up was a rarity at worst and a miracle at best.
>Especially considering the amount of frills this particular outfit was covered in.

| >>793570
"...pfft."

>The young woman looked like she was trying to keep the laughter in, to no avail; she launched into a small fit of giggles. She takes a moment to recover before replying.

"Okay, sorry. You picked a good slogan."

>She takes a deep breath before continuing.

"Anyways, do you have a menu?"

| >>793569

> Tierra rubbed the back of her head, mighty embarrassed by the deluge of consideration for herself.

"Do you have lychee flavored Chuhai? If not, just some beer would be fine. Anything that would taste similar to home is acceptable."

> She glanced around at the other guests before settling upon Chanka. Deciding it was prudent to greet someone she had seen several times, Tierra raised a hand in greeting.

"Ah, we meet again, Miss Chanka, was it?"

| >>793626
>The small oni, walking up to a seat and jumping atop of it turns to face you
"That's right, It's *Miss* Chanka for today!"
>She seems ecstatic from being called "miss", her smug smile getting even larger than ever before
"I thought I'd have something to eat since I went and saw a movie today!"
>She says, puffing her chest

| >>793628

> Tierra continued to look down at Chanka despite the two of them sitting on the same height of chair. She tried to smile but it came out looking forced.

"Ah, I hope that you enjoyed your movie. What was it about?"

> Her eyes lit up for a short moment before settling back down.

| >>793629
>Chanka puts a finger to her chin as she closes her eyes, deep in thought
>She nods once, twice and then thrice
"I forgot!"
>She exclaims

| >>793616

>Taichi notices the bell ring on the door upon Chanka's entry.

"Welcome to Superkick'N Karaage, and I'm *not* saying the slogan this time. What can I get you?"

>The rest of the crew is notably upset by Taichi's decision.

>>793626

>Taichi ducks underneath the counter and comes back with a small pink can with a picture of a lychee on it.

"Turns out, you're in luck. Seems like we have a few! I think your food'll be ready in a few minutes."

|
>>793616

>Taichi points to the letterboard above the counter; The bulk of the menu is different size orders of karaage, karaage on different choices of carbs, a rice bowl, onigiri, noodles, a sandwich, a taco and standard fast food-like sides; french fries, onion rings, etc.

"Our menu's right up there, personally I'd suggest you just get the chicken; it's more worth the money."

"The slogan was aniki's idea, personally I find it a little more cheesy myself."

| >>793632 >>793630

>(*This was meant for Chanka*)

| >>793633
>Chanka turns her head around and squints at the menu for a little while.
"I'll just have chicken! gimme a mountain of it!"
>She declares

| >>793630

"Ah..."

> Tierra broke eye contact to look into the distance, a slightly sensation of pity entering her mind. She focused on Chanka again.

"I suppose it is important to only remember what is prudent. As long as you enjoyed yourself, I believe that is what matters."

>>793632

"Excellent, thank you very much, Taichi."

> Tierra took the can and opened it with a loud click and *fsst* before taking a sip from it. It was just as she remembered.

| >>793649
>Chanka smiles widely
"It was just so comfy inside the theater and I fell asleep!"
>She laughs boisterously
"And then I got hungry!"

| >>793648

>Taichi gives a thumbs up and responds to Chanka, not even trying to hide that he was listening in on the conversation.

"You got it *Miss* Chanka, Glad you came to our hole in the wall, we'll try to make it worth your while."

>He turns and yells to the kitchen staff again.

"Big order of karaage for the oni with the big smile!"

>He turns back around.

"Anything to drink with that?"

| >>793668
>The Oni seems more than pleased for the respectful way in which the staff and clients have been reffering to her.
"I'll take beer! the biggest glass you can get me!"
>She says, swaying from side to side, displaying plainly her joy.

| >>793670

>Taichi scratches the back of his head and looks down.

"Ahh, about the 'glass', we don't keep glasses around just cans and bottles for all our drinks, it's just convenient for deliveries. That and karaage just hits a little different with canned booze."

| >>793674
>Chanka seems a bit dissapointed
"T-Then give me the biggest can!"

| >>793675

>Taichi ducks underneath the counter and fishes up a tall boy of Kiririn Light before handing it over to Chanka.

"That's what I got, Sorry!"

>>793649

>One of the cooks slides food across the counter to Taichi which he then passes out to Tierra. A large paper boat of karaage, furikake fries, and onion rings fried in the same batter as the chicken. On the side is a lemon wedge and a line up of 3 dipping sauces.

"Alright Tierra, tell us what you think. Be honest, ok?"

| >>793686
>The Oni cracks open the can in a hurry, the top even bends a little as she does.
"I usually like a cold glass, but I'll make an exception today!"
>She slams the can back, drinking the beer rapidly in a series of large gulps, there's something surreal about a little blonde girl in twintails drinking like a seasoned alcoholic would...

| >>793633
"I'll take a rice bowl and karaage, and a beer."

>The woman says, taking a seat.

"If I always go for the most bang for the buck option then being a collector as a hobby wasn't a smart option."

| >>793724

>Taichi yells back to the kitchen

"Another don plus some extra for the lady in the coat!"

>He leans down and grabs a can of beer from the fridge underneath the counter.

"Collector, huh? I know a girl that'll collect just about anything, though I'd doubt her tastes are as expensive as yours it sounds. What kinda stuff do you collect?"

| >>792868
>A tall, slender man approaches the youths in red, a slight sway in his gait made possible by the /literal/ springs in his step-- the exoskeleton he wears over his trousers clicks quietly as he comes to a stop in front of the restaurant's entrance.

"Good evening!"

>He greets the men cheerfully.

"Is there still seating available inside?"

>The man nods towards the doorway, catching a glimpse of the patrons beyond.

| >>793736

>Taichi gestures the slender man to take a seat.

"Welcome! We've got one more seat at the bar if you don't mind bumping elbows with these ladies, otherwise you'd have to grab a table."

>>793696

>One of the fry cooks walks over and places another paper boat that contains a mountain of chicken, with only a single lemon wedge and one cup of sauce on the side.

"We put some of our 'Springboard' Yuzu Soy on the side, thought it might help you cut through some of this."

| >>793738
>The restaurant's next guest eyes the bar. It's a little crowded... and he's got some elbows that are unfortunately /awfully/ easy to bump-- or, so his wife says, anyway. You try sitting next to a lefty when you're right handed. Tell me how it goes.

"Ah, would it be possible for me to get a table...?"

| >>793744

>>793744

"Yeah, sure thing!"

>Taichi walks over to a staircase off to the right of the counter, and yells up the stairs.

"Aniki! It's getting a little busy down here, mind helping steer the ship?"

"You know it Taichi! Coming!"

>A large man sporting a big metal pompadour, wearing the same uniform as the rest of the employees just with a long red coat to match comes down the stairs and talks to Taichi, Taichi gestures towards the new guest and the large man approaches.

| >>793744

>The large man gets close to the new guest, his imposing figure looks even more imposing the closer he gets and and offers a handshake.

"Name's Gideon, Welcome to Superkick'N Karaage, where our chicken takes a lickin' and keeps on kickin'."

>The whole staff cheers loudly, except for Taichi who golf claps passive aggressively.

"Go 'head and take a seat wherever you like, I'll take your order."

| >>793736
>Chanka gives the exoskeleton wearing man a glance, her complex expression and forehead scratching indicating she was clearly lost in some kind of recollection, although she wasn't quite pulling through, her scowl was a proof of that fact.
>She grinded her teeth together as she slowly brought a piece of the served chicken to her mouth
>She CRONCHED it down.
>And then
>Miracle
>Chanka smiled...
"This is some good chicken!"
>She didn't remember.

| >>793747
>Wow. That sure is a... uh... could you call that a hairstyle? Maybe in this day and age-- most of the population is chromed up in...one way or another, this just... usually isn't the /one way/--

"Oh! Ah--"

>The man being seated takes Gideon's hand in his own, giving it a firm but friendly shake.

"Thank you, Gideon."

>Long, tall and perplexed-by-his waiter's-pompadour meanders around the restaurant floor until he finds a table with a comfortable amount of leg room.

| >>793730
"Vintage stuff. Firearms, mostly, but sometimes I collect uniform, medals, knives too."

>She says, gesturing at her trenchcoat.

"This one isn't cheap, and it's not even a real deal. Getting people to cut cloth to exact specifications can get real expensive real quick"

| >Chanka is now stuffing her cheek with chicken, while drinking as much beer as her throat is capable of handling
"Thiz-- rell good"
>She says, her mouth full of proteins

| >>793686

> Tierra contemplatively dug into the meal before her. Each bite was thoughtful, first she enjoyed without sauce and then later sampled each sauce both by itself and with chicken.

> She was deep in thought, staring over the basket when her attention was pulled away by...

>>793747

"Oh, I did not realize you were in today, Mr. Gideon."

> Tierra leaned back in her seat, sitting upright in the way she had been trained.

"I decided to sample your food, it is good."

| >Another figure enters the shop, an exceedingly tall woman dressed in a suit. From a cursory glance, she seems around seven whole feet tall. She's so tall that she has to bow down to enter the shop.
"Now that's an enticin' smell. You guys got room for me?"
>Her chest is just as oversized as she is, and her red eyes flash with a hint of mischief as she glances around the room
"Nice decor, for real. Damn."
>She whistles

| >>793750
>>793755

>Gideon meanders with the man and passes Tierra on the way.

"Yeah, I was upstairs.Would've been down sooner but I was dealing with some *important business*. You know how it is."

>Taichi interrupts.

"So... you were feeding your turtle?"

>Gideon snaps back.

"Can it, Taichi! Moji is your family too."

"Anyway, glad you could make it and feel free to come back anytime! Let Taichi know if there's anything we can do differently."

| >>793750

>Gideon finds the table with the slender man and sits down across from him.

"So, what can I get ya?"

>>793751

>Taichi slides a rice bowl topped with karaage, cabbage, green onions and spicy mayo with a side of extra chicken to the collector. He pulls out a card and uses a hole puncher to punch it and hands it over.

"Here's your food, and I'm not sure if you'd find anything to your liking but you might consider ordering from the *secret menu* next time."

| >>793756

>Taichi waves in the new customer.

"Hey hey! Welcome to Superkick'N Karaage!

>He shoots a glance over to Gideon, who is already staring him daggers as he greets the next customer.

"Where our chicken takes a lickin' and keeps on kickin'! Glad you like the place! I'll take your order and you can have a seat wherever you'd like."

>>793753

>Taichi sees Chanka going to town on the chicken and offers her a napkin.

"Glad you're enjoying it, leave us a good review, okay?"

| >>793762
>The tall lady squishes herself into the closest seat
"Oh! Karaage, huh? My mother was a fan of the stuff, never had it myself though."
>She eyes the other patrons with a grin on her lips
"Well, since I'm unintiated in the ways of baked and fried poultry, I'll take your recommandations."
>She eyes the menu for a few seconds, but then nods, content with just having whatever

| >>793764

>Taichi's having a difficult time keeping it together with this tall woman nearby.

"A-alright, you got it!"

>He yells back towards the kitchen, except his voice cracks this time.

"Deathmatch Combo Meal for the new girl!"

>The frycooks both laugh for a moment, Taichi gestures his head pointing Gideon out to them and they get back to work. Taichi's face is briefly red as a tomato, He shakes it off and takes a deep breath.

So what can I get you to drink?

| >>793771
"I'll take anything hard."
>She winks towards Taichi while leaning back into her seat... although since her other eye is covered, no one could really tell

| >>793761
"I'll be fine, I'm not a picky eater."

>The collector replies.

"A secret menu does sound interesting though."

| >>793774

>Taichi coughs and clears his throat. He has words somewhere but he's having difficulty finding them, he ducks down and passes over a lemon chuhai

"Will that work?"

>>793776

>Taichi smiles slyly, still trying to play it cool.

"Yeah we sell a few things with some real *kick*"

>He pantomimes the the act of pulling a trigger with his right hand.

"If you catch my drift."

| >>793761
>Decisions, decisions... the man listens to the chatter in the air-- Taichi hawking orders to the cooks working the fryers, diners praising the food and the psuedo-fast food joint itself-- there's a phrase that stands out to him:

"What's in the... 'Deathmatch Combo Meal'?"

>He wonders to himself whether or not Gideon's answer will make the reason for the name any clearer.

| >>793900

>Gideon is watching Taichi struggle to keep it together and being rather enteratained. He hears the customer speak and turns around.

"A Deathmatch Combo Meal is a medium order of Karaage, furikake fries, onion rings, 3 random sauces and a drink"

"It's a Deathmatch because it's an easy way to see what sauces people like and don't like; we've got *a lot* of sauces, too many. It's kinda like a game for these guys. Can't help but feel like it's kinda my fault."

| >>793901
"... How many, exactly, if you don't mind me asking?"

>He's clearly intrigued.

"Having a little more variety than most places offer would make you... >>>stand out, I think-- I... wouldn't necessarily say it's something to feel 'at fault' for."

>The man gives Gideon a warm smile.

"Is this combo something you'd... personally recommend, or is there something else on the menu that you find you like better?"

| >>793903

>Gideon starts knocking on the top of his head as it makes a pretty clear *ting* every time.

"I dunno, we probably got around 20 every employee makes one including Taichi over there and myself."

>Gideon claps plants his fist into his open hand and cracks his knuckles.

"I'd suggest the combo meal just because it's something only we can do. You're probably not gonna find anything like it here in GC. As the hole in the wall we are, it's kinda like our signature move."

| >>793906
>... Oh god, it really /is/ made of metal. For whatever reason, he'd really hoped it was something else-- a helmet, maybe? Perhaps it's easier to maintain than a normal head of hair... The thought of Gideon toiling away in the kitchen with a net or bandanna just /barely/ stretched over his pomp enters the man's mind; it's enough to make him chuckle to himself.

"... Alright then, Gideon-- I'll take your word for it-- the Deathmatch, it is."

| >>793907

>Gideon notices the man inspecting his permanent helmet.

"You good, bro? I've had this thing for awhile. It's pretty cool, just makes me miss the feeling of wind through my hair."

>Gideon stands up, crosses his arms and yells to the kitchen.

"Deathmatch Combo Meal for the new guy! Let's make it a good one!"

>Every employee in the building gives an affirmative, even if they aren't working in the kitchen.

"I think that comes with a drink too? What are you feeling?"

| >>793910
>Whoops. Out of anybody in this place, he should know /best/ that it's not polite to stare. Unconsciously, he rubs a thumb along one of the many straps holding his exo in place.

"A-ah-- yes, yes; I'm fine-- I've just... never seen anybody with an augment like that, before."

>The man looks Gideon over again. His brow furrows, and he nods emphatically.

"... I... think it suits you."

>Judging by appearances? That's a no-no,too-- he fumbles as he tries to correct himself.

| >>793912
"I-I mean, it... complements your overall look."

>There-- that's better.

"A drink..."

>Should he indulge, and have something alcoholic? Every time he's had a drink while out, it's ended in disaster...

"Do you... have anything that might give me a light buzz? I mean >>>light--"

>He leans forward, resting an arm on the table and bringing his index finger and thumb together.

"I may be tall, but I... don't hold liquor all that well, truth be told."

| >>793913

>Gideon holds his hand open and calls out to Taichi.

"Yo Taichi, pass me a beer for this guy!"

>Taichi digs through the fridge and pitches a beer to Gideon, which Gideon catches but sort of fumbles with after a few missed attempts. After, ultimately catching the drink he forcefully plants the beer in front of his new customer and opens it, foam practically leaking from the top in all directions.

"Think this'll do the trick? Not sure if I caught your name either, bud."

| >>793916
>The man’s lips pull back in a near grimace for a fraction of a second as he watches the mass of bubbles gush from beneath the tab and all but soak the side of the can. He’s… not /exactly/ a beer guy, but now the the drink is open, this will have to do.

“Ah…”

>… He’ll have to bring her here the next time he wanders Downtown. She’d go bonkers over this place.

“Yes, that should be fine, thank you. My name is Roy.”

| >>793804
"Well, now I'm intrigued, why not give me an example?"

>The collector grins back slyly as well.

| >>793753

> Tierra turned to look at Chanka again, watching as the small Oni ravenously devoured the chicken. Was... that normal? Should she be doing that too?

> No, no... even Tierra understood that the Oni beside her was a kindred spirit. One who did not understand yet sought understanding.

> Tierra nodded firmly and resumed eating. She would not let Chanka down.

| >>793923

>Gideon tries to make conversation, his new customer is sitting alone at a table and he *needs* to guarantee a positive experience.

"So, Roy. What brings you here to our home?"

>>793925

>Meanwhile Taichi holds a finger up to his mouth in a shushing motion and subtly gestures his head toward Chanka.

"I can't talk about it now but I *did* just give you a card, five punches and you get a free meal! So you've gotta come back some time, right? You know we deliver too!"

| >>793927
>Roy is surprised that Gideon seems to want to continue their rather ordinary conversation, given how things seem to be quickly heating up within the… /superb/ kitchen of SuperKick’N. The unexpected is not unappreciated, though— he’s more than happy to chat.

“Well… I more or less ended up stumbling upon you while I was out on a walk. I hadn’t seen your restaurant around before, and… the atmosphere seemed familiar and welcoming— so, I decided to come in.”

| >>793923
>And then it clicks, in between mouthfuls of chicken and beer, the ingredients for neural connections within the shorty's brain activates
>For some reason they remind her of walking on a street while talking a tall man's ear off, and the memories taste of omelette and rice.
>Chanka gets up on her chair, teethering on the brink of Revelation
>Here it comes.
"You're the tall guy!"
>She basically screams towards Roy, her smile growing smug
>Close enough.

| >>793929
>A momentary pause, before he realizes it might not be a bad idea to elaborate on that “familiar atmosphere “ he’d described.

“Ah— I… spent a few years overseas in Newport Cit— er, Niihama for work. My wi—“

>His face colors for a moment; Roy blinks hard and shakes his head before he continues.

“M-my w— my wife is from that area—she’s Osakan— and, there are a lot of eateries similar to yours, there.”

| >>793931
>Roy raises a hand in polite greeting. The corner of his mouth twitches as the smile that had begun to light his face threatens to fall into a frown.

“Hello, Major…”

| >>793934

> A familiar word... Tierra reeled around shortly after Chanka and looked at the tall man. Her eyes glowed faintly in interest.

"I apologize for my rudeness, Sir, but did you just say your wife is Osakan? I come from New Osaka, personally, and I did not realize anyone nearby was from that region as well."

| >>793940
"It's just Chanka today!"
>The tiny major exclaims as she twirls the extremities of her twintails repeatedly
>She smiles brightly as she does, glad to have recognized a familiar face.
>She seems ecstatic over it even, overly so, she hums and nods to herself repeatedly while muttering "Roy" as if she was trying to keep hold of something that threatened to flee at the first moment she lost hold of it
"Its good to see a familiar face!!"
>She exclaims after a short moment

| >>793942
"What's an Osaka?"
>Chanka asks as she sits down once more, the stool underneath her creaking in relief.

| >>793946

> Tierra looked down at her comrade and gave a nod. She will grant the Oni as much understanding as she can give.

"It's a city in Japan, Miss Chanka. Two cities, really, if you count New Osaka."

> Tierra turned back to continue eating, but was still clearly listening based upon the glances she kept throwing back.

| >>793951
"Woah, I've never been to Japan! How is it?"
>Chanka's short attention span seems gripped now.
>She shovels more chicken into her mouth, mowing the proteins down with her sharp fangs.

| >>793953

"It is my home, so my opinion may be biased; however, it is beautiful and has retained much of its natural beauty. The sun smiles favorable upon the mountains and forests, and the moonlight shimmers upon its bays and towering sky scrapers."

> A wistful tone entered Tierra's voice as she reminisced upon her homeland. She then recalled why she came to Glitch in the first place and looked down at her food.

"It was... too nice, for me I think. I needed something new."

| >>793954
"Ehhh? That sounds nice!"
>Chanka says, clearing her mouth of any food before speaking
>There's a hint of sadness in her tone, lasting only a brief instant at most before another smile eclipses it
"How big were the trees!?"

| >>793942
>"Did not recognize anyone nearby was from the region as well"... Is it that uncommon for GC to have residents who are Japanese ex-pats? If his wife is among the few, that makes her easier to single out-- he keeps his answer simple, to keep her safe.

"No need to apologize. She is Osakan, yes."

>>793943
"Oh-- well, then-- good to see you as well, 'Just Chanka'."

| >>793956
"Its just Cha-- wait a second"
>The piosqueak's brain screeches to a halt, that IS what she said to call her, but somehow it was wrong?
"... Hold on..."
>She resumes eating, trying to make her brain work...
>And it does! This chicken must have special properties that makes Onis smarter.
"Its a joke, see I could tell!"
>She exclaims, smiling and laughing

| >>793957
>Roy returns the tiny oni's grin. Yes, it was indeed a joke-- a terrible one, to boot.

"I take it you're enjoying the food, Maj-- ah, Chanka?"

>It's hard for Roy to address others without their credentials. After you work for years with professionals who'll get shitted off the moment you fail to immediately acknowledge their ~advanced licensure~, it kind of becomes habit.

| >>793965
>The Oni nods aggressively, the mountain of karaage on her plate is more than started off by now.
"It's really good! Probably the best chicken I've had lately! You should have some!"
>She was brilliantly honest, her tiny feet swaying beneath the counter.
"Also, don't worry so much about what you call me!"
>She added with a smug grin
"An adult doesn't mind that small stuff!"
>Ironic coming from THE small stuff herself.

| >>793929

>Gideon hears Roy's slip of the tongue, Did he say 'Major'? He turns around and locks eyes with Taichi from across the room and they share a silent conversation about it with facial expressions and hand signals. He starts talking to Roy while still facing away.

"Weird you find this place is 'welcoming', Don't take it the wrong way but you don't seem like the type. You must have been quite the hellraiser yourself then huh? Or maybe you just like puroresu too?"

| >>793804
>The tall woman nods and takes the drink
"Ooh, yeah. This is good."
>She sips the drink as she observes the lively conversation nearby with a large smile
"...Yeah, it's good."
>She nods to herself and to the sweet memory in her head

>She seems to recall something as her hand reaches up towards her breast pocket
"Oh right, can I smoke here?"
>She asks, a hand pulling out a small engraved cigar case

| >>793976
"I'm sorry-- I beg your pardon? Do I like >>>what?"

>"Progress"? "Prowess"? The growing din must be responsible for making Gideon sound like he's talking around a bunch of marbles...

"Ah, well-- in my salad days, my mother would say I was a... bit of a >>>handful, but..."

>Roy steeples his fingers and cocks his head to the side as he glances upward, recalling bits and pieces of the past.

"... Not in the usual sense of the phrase. I just... kept her busy."

| >>793976
"As far as this place feeling 'welcoming' to me is concerned... it just makes me think of my wife, and where I met her."

>Roy drums his fingers on the table, smiling to himself.

"The people where she's from are... outgoing, they're boisterous; they enjoy good food, good comedy-- they thrive on making people laugh... They're memorable."

>Like she is.

"Being here reminds me of that, a bit."

| >>793927
"Ah, I guess then I do have to come back sometimes. You'll have to tell me the slogan next time too, right?"

>She says, keeping up her grin.

"Oh, name's Elise, by the way. I'm a bounty hunter, and hobbyist vintage firearms collector."

>She finally introduces herself before taking a bite out of the chicken.

"Well, the oni wasn'y lying, you actually *do* deliver."

| >>794002
>The "Oni" in question doesn't seem to react to be called as such
>She's too busy munching down on chicken.

| >>793771

>Taichi receives the combo meal from the kitchen: Chicken,fries, onion rings, 3 random sauces and slides it over to the tall woman. He prepares a punch card for her as well.

"Enjoy your meal! And C-can I get a name for this card?"

>Taichi and the boys smoke in here all the time after closing but he knows it's probably not okay right this minute.

"You probably have to take it outside, if we weren't busy I'd be cool with it but for the rest of customers, y'know."

| >>794022
"It's alright then."
>She pockets the case and giggles
"The name's Eris by the way. Malioka Eris."
>She smiles as she leans forward towards her meal, crossing her legs as she does

| >>793995

>Gideon lets out a big laugh.

"Y'know, Puroresu! Pro Wrestling!"

>Gideon points to a picture on the wall of a Japanese man with an absolutely ridiculous jawline.

"That guy there, That's Antonio Inoki, my hero. He believed he could promote peace through sports, makes me think about enacting change with *my* lot."

>Gideon returns Roy's sappy reply with one equally so.

"Ah, that's really beautiful. She's lucky to have you if you can 'see' her even in a place like this."

| >>794002

>Taichi brushes a finger under his nose.

"Nice to meet you Elise, As a return customer, I would gladly accept your request, even if I'd hate myself for it.'

"And to piggyback off of that we actually *do* deliver in a literal sense, all over GC. We've got a whole fleet of motorcycles"

| >Soon, an unlikely duo enter the building. One was a rotund man into his late thirties with a face like a brick. He was balding, but in a terrible attempt to mitigate it he let what little hair he had left grow long. He wore a hoodie over a rather dirty T-Shirt with expletives on it.

"So, this is your treat, right?"

>His lilac-haired Lilim companion looked at him with disgust, barely hidden behind heart-shaped sunglasses.

"I don't owe you shit, *Craig*. We're even, remember?"

| >>794198
"Fine, Fine. We'll split it."

>The Lilac-Haired Lilim scowled looking away from the man, and to the counter waiting patiently for her turn to order trying to ignore "Craig."

| >>794115
>The small Oni starts shaking
"I know wrestling!"
>She says, her eyes filled with stars
"That's the one with all the cool costumes and the bitter revenges and thr belts and and..."
>She excitedly carries on
>She's obviously one of >>Those
>A superfan.

| >>794034

>Taichi takes his glasses off and wipes them off with a cloth he pulled out of his pocket.

"Very nice to meet you, Eris. I hope it won't be the last."

>>794199

>Gideon turns around in his chair.

"Hey! Welcome to Superkick'N Karaage, Where our chicken takes a lickin' and keeps on kickin'. I can take your order."

| >>794304
>Suddenly the Lilim's whole vibe did a massive jump from Vulgar Delinquent to Valley Girl in seconds, as she smiled sweetly to ol' Gideon. If one didn't know better, they'd claim this was her personality. Craig however didn't seem convinced.

"Oh Hel-lo~! Me and my friend are so, totally new here! So like, what's good here for a gal like me, and... someone like him~"

| >>794304
"Yes, I do too."
>The woman smiles and begins eating her meal with measured bites
>A large smile blooms on her face as she chews, before nodding and trying on some of the sauces
"This is really good, just enough flavour to have a kick, but not so much that it completely overwhelms me."

| >>794219

>Gideon clenches his fists and pumps his arms, clearly excited.

"You totally get it then, right?! It's the stuff dreams are made of! The type of shit that makes your blood boil!"

>>794305

>Gideon raises an eyebrow, what does someone have to gain talking like this?

"What is this a date? Try not to make Taichi over there jealous. Are you wanting to split an order or eat separately?"

| >>794115
>... Oh. It's one of /those/ things-- what do you call it, um-- wa... was... wassay...?

"'Your lot'?"

>Roy's gaze begins to wander, eventually refocusing on the folks sitting at the counter, and those working behind it. Is that what he means? They all seem close.

"O-oh! Um..."

>Roy's train of thought is cut short as Gideon seems to... /applaud/ his sentimental musings, rather than give him shit for them.

"T-that's-- that's kind of you to say."

| >>794314

>Gideon sighs and turns his attention back to Roy

"I mean, that's how everyone should *want* to feel, right?

>An employee brings over usual combo meal over to Roy's table and puts the food down while taking a bow.

"Here you go, boss."

>Gideon looks over towards his employee and leans toward him in a way that seems vaguely intimidating.

"Never bow your head to anyone, got it? We're all equals here, so stand up straight."

"Y-yes sir!"

"Food's here, Roy."

| >>794125
"Oh, so you do deliveries too."

>Elise replies, picking through her food playfully.

"I mean, I could call for a delivery, but then I wouldn't hear the slogan."

| >>794313
>Craig belted out a throaty laugh that went deep, this man started clutching his knees he was laughing so hard.

"M-Me? Dating this bitch? My friend, you got a sense-a-humor!"

>If the Lilim was offended, it didn't show. Instead she just made a "Oh-stop it~" gesture, keeping her smile going the whole time.

"It's so totally cu-te you think that, but we are *definitely* ordering seperate~!"

| >>794317

>Gideon awkwardly laughs along with Craig.

"Haha, yeah. That's what people tell me."

"Well, if that's the case we're selling a lot of Deathmatch Combo Meals tonight but just an order of chicken probably gives you the best bang for your buck."

>He's not quite sure what it is, this Lilim seems off; Was 'cute' an insult?

"Gotta admit, been awhile since anyone's called me 'cute'. If I didn't know any better, I'd think I was back in high school again."

| >>794330
"OMG, it's totes like you never left, huh~?"

>The Lilim gently rested her cheek on her hand, keeping her overtly cheerfulness the entire time. Craig however seemed contemplative.

"So what do we get in da Deathmatch Combo, anyhow? Is that like chicken, n' two sides?"

| >>794309

>Taichi throws his glasses back on and pushes them up like a god damn anime character.

"Glad you like it, The recipe is mine; at least it *was* to start with. It kind of became a team effort after that."

>He points to the middle sauce situated on Eris' container

"As for the sauces, the yuzu soy there is my baby. It's probably got a little more acidity than I intended but I think it works."

| >>794338

>Gideon's expression changes for a brief moment into something of a wistful smile as his eyes are drawn to a large red flag in the corner of the restaurant that reads 'GC BANSHEES'.

"Like I never left, huh?"

>He chuckles to himself before answering.

"It's a medium order of chicken, furikake fries, onion rings, 3 random sauces made by our staff, and a drink. It's a way to find out which sauces are the best ones."

| >>794340
"I'll take that then! I'll get a simple cola drink wit dat as well!"
>Craig smiled ear to ear, seemingly excited about such a simple. The Lilim, fake or not seemed ecstatic about it.

"That sounds totally amazing, I'll deffo have some of that~! Also do we like... have Pepsi or Coke products? It's Pepsi, I *won't* bother, just like- get me a water."

| >>794339
>Eris nods and dips some of the chicken into the sauce before popping it into her mouth and chewing
>She nods a few times and carefully chews before swallowing
"Yeah, I like this one a lot... it's got a good tang to it."
>She chuckles and dips more chicken into the sauce

| >>794345

>Gideon is looking over at Taichi, who is now feeling himself and completely ignoring the room in favor of talking with Eris.

"Taichi! Wake Up! This is so painful to watch, bro. We've got chicken to move! I need two Deathmatches one with water and one with cola!"

>Taichi startles so violently he almost falls over.

"O-On it, Boss!"

>Taichi tosses the bottled drinks over and Gideon passes them out to the customers.

"Alright, we'll start working on your order shortly."

| >>794313
>The small Oni gives the man a thumbs up
"Yeah! That's the good stuff!"
>She nods repeatedly

| >>794317

>Taichi's snap back to reality brings him back to Elise. Could Gideon actually be... right about the stupid slogan? Get real. Like he's ever going to admit that.

"Well, we'd appreciate your business regardless of in the dining room or at home."

"And we'd still give the slogan over the phone too, so long as the boss is still pushing it on us."

| >>794397
"That's good to know. Might try the delivery sometimes then."

>Elise replies, observing Taichi's face for a second longer before breaking out into a wide grin.

"You know I'm just teasing you about the slogan, right? It's kinda funny, but I wouldn't come here *just* for that."

| >>794399

>Taichi leans forward and plants his face firmly in one of his palms and speaks softly to himself.

"Of course. She was just joking... Taichi you idiot!"

>He snaps a rubber band he has wrapped around his wrist into his skin to snap himself out of it.

"We deliver secret menu items too, I'd suggest you make sure you talk with Gideon or I about it first though otherwise the deliveries are prone to error."

| >>794962
"You sure you don't want to give me a demo?"

>Elise asks, still grinning, before getting another mouthful of her food.

"Gideon? The big dude?"

| >>795019

>Taichi nods while he's picking up the order for the pair with the Lilim.

"Yeah, he owns the joint. He hires all the ex-delinquents and ex-yakuza he can, tries to give them a place they can go and give them a family without dirtying their hands *too much*."

"As far as the demo is concerned, it'll have to wait. But if you want business we're free to give it, just not *now*"

| >>794316
>While shooting the breeze with Gideon, Roy has been stealing occasional glances at the general manager hovering over his customers like an overly attentive hummingbird. He seems eager to impress-- especially so when he's stopped his erratic zooming to visit two particular blossoms in this hungry garden the staff are cultivating.

"Well, I'm not sure it's anybody's place to tell others what they should want-- but..."

| >>795024
>Roy grins, deciding to take a sip of his beer before continuing.

"... Otherwise, I'd be inclined to agree with you. I think your brother might be, too."

>He /did/ say they were family, right? Roy stops trying to pick out features of theirs that might look alike when his food arrives-- out of habit, he goes to return the server's bow, and is promptly spooked when Gideon... threatens the poor guy? Encourages him? It's hard to pinpoint the dynamics between everyone here...

| >>795022
"Admirable."

>Elise remarks after washing down her previous bite with the beer.

"It means less jobs for me, but admirable. I get it, I've seen people bonding like that before; like a family. This is definitely better than the stuff gangsters do though. Cleaner, as you might say it."

| >>794345

>Taichi quickly places both combo meals in front of the Lilim and her 'guest'.

"There we go! Enjoy your meal!"

>He just as quickly scurries back to his designated position behind the register.

>>795026

>Gideon cocks an eyebrow in response to Roy, 'Brother?' He doesn't think Taichi and him look anything alike.

"My brother? Y'mean Taichi? I mean he's family but he's not *family*. He's my best bro. I don't have any real siblings, not any more at least."

| >>795034

>As soon as Gideon finishes that sentence, the group of employees standing outside stumble into the restaurant and circle around the table where Gideon and Roy are seated and all begin yelling and talking at one time.

"Please, one at a time fellas. I can't hear a damn thing."

>The door to the restaurant flings open and the bell hanging on the door flies off and rolls across the floor.

| >A young woman wearing a dirtied blue jumpsuit and a backwards turned baseball cap, holding a paper bag bearing the restaurant's logo storms into the dining room, people who have seen or met her would recognize this as Gomi. She glares at Taichi behind the register and makes a beeline towards him.

"Taichi, you pencil-neck geek! I didn't expect to see *YOU* here! This why you're so dodgy all the time?"

>She plants the bag on the counter, leaps over and grabs Taichi by the collar.

| >Taichi enters a full on panic as he looks over expecting help from Gideon, but Gideon is surrounded by employees who are similarly in a panic and blocking his view.

"G-Gomi! H-hi! W-welcome to Superkick'N Karaage w-where the ch-chicken-"

>Gomi pulls him closer and yells to interrupt him.

"I ordered chicken for delivery, I opened the bag and all I found was a fucking gu-"

>Taichi covers Gomi's mouth with his hand.

"A fucking guh-reat meal! *shhh*"

| >Gomi bites Taichi's fingers and they break hold of each other, she reaches into the bag and pulls out a large .44 magnum revolver and slams it on the counter.

"NO YOU IDIOT, A FUCKING **GUN**!"

| >>795042 >>795043
>Elise looks curiously at the newly-arrived girl yelling about a gun in her delivery. She muses out loud.

"So that's the delivery error you were talking about? Or is that the secret menu?"

| >>795060

>Taichi shakes his hand off and begins sucking on one of his fingers.

"NOPE. This gun has *nothing* to do with us. Clearly this girl is hysterical or on drugs. There's no way that *we* would deliver firearms to people."

>Gomi turns red in the face and she begins shaking

"On DRUGS?! HYSTERICAL?! I'LL SHOW YOU HYSTERICAL!"

>Gomi tackles Taichi to the floor and she starts cocking back her arm for a punch.

| >>795064
>Elise grins at the panicked reply.

"Come now, you can tell me the truth. Don't worry, the only thing I'll be judging is your choice of gun, since I'm a collector."

>She was caught slightly off-guard by the sudden tackling.

"Calm down lady, no need to resort to violence."

| >>795064
>The tall woman has stood up and now looms menacingly over the two, cracking her knuckles
"How about we all relax a little, hmm? Lighten up? Unless you want the entire damn neighbourhood on your case?"
>Her gentle glances are gone, replaced with ravenous appetite, and not for chicken
"Now, let's talk this out, yeah?"
>Although she'd be fine with the other type of talking

| >The Oni slams her fist on the counter, making a resounding sound across the whole diner
>She looks up slowly and coldly at both Taichi and Gomi
"I'm off duty today."
>She whispers, in an obviously seething voice
"So either take it outside, or >>piss off"
>Chanka never swears. She's serious this time around.

| >Taichi guards his face and shouts as loud as he can, yelling something he wished he'd never have to say.

"GIDEON, COME GET YOUR SISTER OFF OF ME!"

>Gideon jumps out of his seat and pushes the gaggle of employees out of the way as Gomi stops her assault on Taichi and looks over her shoulder to see her brother who she hadn't seen in nearly seven years looking back at her.

| >>795071
>>795072

>Gideon cracks his knuckles and steps toward the conflict.

"Apologies, Major."

>He nods his head to Eris as well.

"And you too. This is a family matter, one I've brought upon myself, so I'll handle it."

| >Gomi's anger now manifests in tears, all of her old friends work here: Taichi, The Banshees, and her brother. Why wasn't she invited? Why did they leave her? Why did Taichi keep this a secret? She stands up and charges Gideon.

"Why Gideon?! You asshole! You left me and now you have a shitty restaurant. While I've been living in the garbage?!"

>Gomi tries to swing at Gideon a few times but he deftly avoids her strikes and slips behind her, putting her in a sleeper hold.

| >Gideon holds on tight and speaks to Gomi while she thrashes about

Gemma, this is for your own good! Give it up! I don't wanna do this, just tap out, please!"

| >The tall woman shakes her head and extends a hand to Taichi who is presumably still picking himself up
"You alright?"
>She flashes a soft grin
"Man, never a dull moment around town, ahaha."
>She seems to be back in her cheery comfortable mood

| >>795091

>Taichi turns beet red and takes Eris' hand after hesitating for a moment.

"Y-yeah, I'm fine. I'm fine! Thanks."

>Taichi scratches the back of his head, still embarrassed and unfocused.

"And thanks for offering to step on... I-i-i mean step *in* for me. You see how Gomi gets when she's angry."

| >>795101
>She definitely saw alright
"Nah, don't mention it. Just did what I should."
>She sighs
"Used to break up fights all the time, gotten used to these things by now."

| >>795102

>Taichi smiles and nods.

"You know., I've always wanted a reunion, I wanted the gang back together but not like this."

>He looks over at Eris,

"I just wish I was strong, like you... like Gideon. If I was maybe none of this would have happened."

| >>795106
>She smiles
"Wishing for that's the first step. Used to be a weakling myself, took me ages to rise to the top of my game with my own crew."
>She taps him on the back
"Keep that chin up and keep moving forward."
>She gives the man a blooming smile

| >>795034
>Oh, he... wasn't being literal. Growing up in a place full of family-owned businesses, Roy had assumed that Gideon and Taichi were related by blood, not spirit.

"Ah, I--"

>He's about to correct himself and apologize for his mistake when his table is suddenly swarmed by employees. What the hell is going on?! His height doesn't lend him any help while seated-- he can't see a thing past the wall of red tokkofuku.

| >>795109
>Who is that? Who is shouting? What's happening? He catches bits and pieces of Taichi and the unknown voice's argument before the wave of employees breaks and disperses to allow Gideon passage-- then, he gets more than an eyeful of what's been causing this commotion.

"...?!"

>Roy stares in horror as he watches Gideon bound over towards the interloper (his sister? is that what he heard?) and forcibly wedges her neck in the crook of his arm.

"H-hey, >>>stop!!"

| >>795080
"Well, that escalated quickly."

>Elise says to nobody in particular, returning to her food once she'd deemed the situation under control.

"What's this about then, family matter? Sister?"

>She continues, this time at Taichi.

"Tall lady was right, there's never a dull moment around town."

>She muses again.

| >>795112

>Gideon continues his hold on Gomi, without Gideon taking note of his location, and yells to Roy as he tightens his grip

"You need to just stay outta this, okay Roy?!"

>Gomi stretches out her hand towards the large pistol sitting on the counter and as soon as she gets a hold of it her body goes limp, the gun hits the floor, fires, and blows a hole in the ceiling.

>Taichi jumps at least two feet into the air.

"What the fuck?! WHY WAS IT LOADED?!"

|
>>795107

>After the blast Taichi looks up at the fresh hole in the ceiling that is likely now his problem.

"So, what type of crew do you run? Do they have benefits?"

"And I think I'm gonna need that encouragement. I might just enroll in the gym next door tomorrow after all this."

>>795115

>Taichi shrugs and replies to Elise.

"It's complicated. Gideon basically shut his sister out of his life, they used to be attached at the hip in every way but literally."

| >>795124
>Roy is about to object when Gideon asserts he mind his own business-- what stops him is the deafening gunshot that pierces the air.

">>>A-aaughh-- !!"

>And, perhaps... pierces someone behind the counter, with it. He doesn't know. The sounds of scuffling and struggling have ceased. He's unable to see two duking it out behind the counter, and the gun has disappeared. He'd seen someone reach for it, but hadn't been able to discern who.

| >>795131
>Roy feels himself breaking out in a cold sweat. His ears ring, but he's not sure if it's from the sudden gunfire, or the sound of blood flooding his head as his heart jumps into his throat. Oh god. Why isn't anybody moving?

"..."

>Is this just another example of "daily life in GC"? Is this why everyone seems unfazed and content to return to eating their meals? No longer how long he lives here, Roy thinks, he'll never go numb to this. Ever.

| >>795132
>Gideon said he didn't have any siblings, anymore.

>Could it be that... he wasn't telling the truth, until just now...?

"..."

>Roy's overwhelmed and subsequently paralyzed by his frantic, racing thoughts. His wife had always stood by the phrase, "number one comes first". Don't be a hero. Get out.

>But, is that so easy? He's too damned tall, and has nobody to cover him if he makes a break for it. He doesn't know if there's somebody laying in wait outside...

| >>795133
>... and, if he trips and loses his balance during his escape, the second he hits the floor and someone creeps up on him with murderous intent, it's all over.

"Fuck...!"

>He can't let that happen.

"Jesus Christ..."

>So, he does the safest thing he can think of, for the time being. Trying to take some kind of cover, the good doctor slowly, and quietly, gets under his table.

| >>795125 >>795124
"Jeez, your special delivery was *really* special, huh."

>Elise remarks, putting her hands on her ears.

"That's why you always check if the gun is loaded. Thanks for the tinnitus."

>>795135
"Chill, big guy, it's a negligent discharge. Nobody's shooting this place up just yet."

>She shouts at the dude crawling under the table.

| >Out from underneath the counter Gideon stands up holding Gomi in both hands with tears streaming down both of his cheeks.

"Damn it Gemma, why are you always so stubborn! I didn't want this."

>Taichi now seeing the limp Gomi in Gideon's arms now comes to grips with the situation and begins to panic in earnest.

"Ohhh Shit! Is Gomi okay?! Please tell me she's okay Gideon!"

| >Gideon gingerly places his unconscious sister on an empty table and attempts to hold his ear up to her chest but his head's metal casing is preventing it.

"I dunno Taichi... I didn't wanna hurt her but I just knew she wasn't gonna stand there and hear me out. You know how she gets."

>Taichi begins getting frantic

"Y-you think we need to try CPR or something?!"

| >>795137
>Elise curses, seeing the collapsed girl.

"Anyone a doctor?"

>Elise shouts.

"She might need medical. Someone call an ambulance."

| >>795136
>Nope. No thanks. The only kind of chilling Roy's intent on doing right now is under his improvised shelter. His dinner sits above, cooling about as quickly as the enthusiasm he'd had about this place when he'd first set foot inside.

>>795139
Don't be a hero... It's hard to tell himself to do so a second time. Gideon seems genuinely remorseful. Now, all of a sudden, people are concerned. But, he's not trained in this sort of de-escalation-- not like his wife is...

| >>795140
whoops sorry that second part is supposed to be red text

| >>795139

>Gideon and Taichi share a look and nod at each other. 'Protect the crew, don't expose the business'

>Taichi holds up his hand.

"Please don't call the ambulance yet! Not until we assess the situation. If she's OK and comes to at the hospital she'll just come right back here and we'll do it all over again."

>Taichi felt like literal garbage saying that. What if she's not OK? Is it worth protecting Gideon's dream?

| >Taichi scratches his head furiously with both hands, it's time to be the strong one for a change.

"ARRGGH FUCK IT! I can't just sit here and do nothing! I'm sorry Gideon but it wouldn't be the first time I ignored orders!"

>Taichi pulls out his cell phone and begins to dial.

"Now how does this CPR shit work?!"

| >>795148
>Elise caught both of you nodding at eachother and looks at both of them with a shocked expression.

"You can't be serious. A gir-*your own sister* just collapse right in front of you are you're going to do nothing!?"

| >>795149 >>795148
"Oh, my god..."

>Roy finds himself muttering angrily into the tops of his kneecaps. He's got his legs drawn up tight to his chest, having hoped to shrink himself into the smallest target possible, should chummer opening fire on the restaurant decide it's time for practice.

"If you don't call an ambulance, there's a chance she won't be able to come back, >>>period!!"

>Roy barks from beneath the table. He grunts as he tries to unfold from his crouch.

| >>795155
"Are you going to help, or are you just going to order them around from down there?"

>Elise barks back furiously at the tall man underneath the table, getting down to the girl's side. Trying to assess her situation, checking to see if she was still breathing.

"I promise you, nobody's shooting this place down. That shot was an accident!"

>She continues, then mutters under her breath;

"Good time for a fucking tinnitus."

| >>795155
>He resists the urge to use language that's as colorful as what's running through his head. Best not to push any of these boys in the event they /are/ actually insane. There's a loud thump as Roy whacks the crown of his head off the table's edge in his attempt to quickly get on his feet. Everything on the table rattles. He snarls to himself and squeezes his eyes shut, trying to shake the sting off. After a few seconds of awkward maneuvering, he's up.

| >>795155
>>795150

>Gideon who is usually the type to take the reigns in a crisis is practically paralyzed and he actually tried to put the business in front of his own flesh and blood? 'Who the fuck are you?', 'What happened to you?' Are the only questions running through his mind.

| >>795156
"Will you shut the fuck up?! You could've called an ambulance moments ago instead of asking someone >>>else to do it!!"

>Whoops... filter slipped a little before he could get it on there tight. We'll say that one was for Kitty Genovese.

>>795149 >>795138
"Please move."

>His phone's already out of his pocket with a call waiting to connect. If nobody else is going to do it, he will. Realistically, he'd be on the line with the incoming paramedic, anyway.

| >>795158
"Miss? You hear me?"

>Elise shouts at the unconscious girl, trying to see if she was breathing.

>>795160
"You have the *AUDACITY* to say that, really?"

>Elise sneers back, still trying to see if she should do a CPR.

"If you were *USEFUL* and *HELPED ME* from the beginning, I wouldn't have to do this by myself."

| >>795160

>Taichi moves away fumbling with his phone too hyped up on adrenaline to dial a phone number but hovers close by.

"You've got to save her! Please! Gomi didn't deserve any of this!"

>Gideon walks away slowly absolutely bawling his eyes out,saying very little.

"I'm so sorry, Gemma. Roy, please help me make things right."

| >>795160 >>795163
>Dispatch picks up right around the time Roy plants a hand flat on Gomi's chest, hoping to feel some sign of life below-- a tremor, some sort of thrum, anything.

"9-1-1, please state the address of your emergency."

"Hello, I'm at the... 'SuperKick'N'..."

>He struggles a bit to get through the name, not really having taken note of it earlier despite hearing it parroted several times over.

"... 'SuperKick'N Karaage' restaurant in the Downtown district."

| > Tierra rose sharply to her feet, her body having been wired to move the moment the fist fight began between Gomi and Taichi. The gunshot startled her and initiated a wave of memories and adrenaline as she gripped the counter to calm herself.

> Her eyes found Gideon beginning to back away and she pointed a finger towards him.

>>795163

"Do not go anywhere, Gideon. You will regret it if you are not present. Stand and witness."

| >>795165
"My name is..."

>He falters, for a moment. Is it really wise to disclose his full name in front of a room teeming with strangers? He doesn't think so-- he's already landed himself in hot water that way, before. So, rather than give a psuedonym and have EMS show up looking for someone who doesn't exist, Roy does what he feels is the next best thing:

"... My name is >>>Taichi, I'm the general manager of the restaurant."

| >>795168
>Elise shot Roy a confused look. Is it really that hard to tell people his name even when there's an unconscious girl on the ground? She shakes her head, doesn't matter. She needs to focus on the task at hand, desperately trying to recall her medical training and teying render aid whenever she can.

| >>795168
>Roy does, however, give his own phone number-- he hasn't got time to obtain Taichi's, and a disparity in contact numbers can easily be explained away as having briefly loaned the distraught man his cell.

"Please state the nature of your emergency."

"I have a young female-- looks to be in her twenties-- who has lost consciousness and subsequently become unresponsive after experiencing prolonged, crushing trauma to her airway."

| >>795171
"Was this self inflicted, or was she injured by somebody else?"

>Roy hesitates for a moment, then answers. It's not like they wouldn't have found out on exam, anyway. Roy switches his phone to being on speaker-- he has a feeling that, unfortunately, he's going to need both of his hands free very, very shortly.

"She was strangled."

"Is the offender still present?"

| >>795172
>Roy, silently, makes eye contact with everyone huddled around Gomi.

"..."

>There's a lot riding on his answer to this question.

| >>795167

>Gideon is still distraught and barely keeping it together.

"Tierra... I know I shouldn't leave, I just can't believe I did that and more importantly the first thought I had after, what was I supposed to do?"

>>795172

>Taichi puts a hand on Roy's shoulder and shakes his head in response to the question. As he looks over at Gideon and starts tearing up himself. Seeing his personal hero fucked up like this is really getting to him.

| >>795182

>Gideon clenches his fists, talking to Tierra, or the world, anyone who can listen.

"I-i didn't want to hurt her, I was hoping deep down that she'd just give up, hoping that in these last seven years she'd have forgotten about me. But Gemma really hasn't changed a lick in all these years.'

| >>795182 >>795183
>Roy exhales sharply through his nose, clenching his jaw and squaring his shoulders as Taichi silently pleads with him not to tell the truth.

"..."

>Why /shouldn't/ he? This guy wasn't even going to call an ambulance for the poor girl! Initially, he'd seemed more content to let her lie there, lifeless-- what a warm welcome home to this estranged member of a strange family!

"..."

>I can't believe I'm doing this.

"... No. No, they've left."

| >>795182 >>795183

"I cannot say that I understand your desire, or your motives, Gideon; however, the first step to seeking any sort of penance is not to flee, but to embrace your consequences."

> Tierra looked over the unconscious woman as the crowd phoned paramedics. A scowl rose to her lips as she looked up at Gideon.

"Open your eyes and look at her. Remember what she looks like now. What is your next step, today?"

| >>795186

>Gideon sniffs loudly and turns to face Gomi's body. Tears still pouring from his eyes.

"You're right. Tierra. It's my fault she got here like this in the first place. If I never left her she'd never have come here angry like that. I...couldn't imagine the pain I've caused her.

>Gideon sits down next to her and throws his upper body on top of her.

"Gemma, I'm sorry! I don't think there's anything I can do to set things straight, I fucked up so please gimme a chance!"

| >>795184
"Are you with the victim now?"

"Yes."

"Is she still unresponsive?"

>Roy would give the girl a good shake if he wasn't so unsure of whether or not she has some sort of c-spine or head injury from all of those "puroresu" stunts she and her brother were pulling behind the counter. His only other option is "putting the hurt on her", just... slightly nicer than Gideon did it. Very slightly. A hard pinch probably won't do in this situation. He balls his hand into a fist.

| >>795188
>... Then gasps in shock as Gideon body slams her in the midst of his sorrow.

"What the fuck are you doing?!"

| >>795190

>Gideon slams his fists on the table still emotional.

"Nothing! Is it a crime to give my kid sister a hug?! I need the ambulance here, *now*! I don't care if they know I did it as long as I know she's OK! I'm less than fucking garbage, it doesn't matter what happens to me."

| >>795191
"Sir, is everything--"

>Roy tries heaving Gideon off his patient, jamming his hands into the man's armpits in a desperate attempt to pry him loose.

"Get-- get >>>off of her-- will somebody get him>>>out of here?!"

>Roy bellows to anybody who'll listen. He's had family members and loved ones get violent and hysterical by the bedside before, but usually he's got some muscle to back him up when it happens. Now, "the muscle" is... doing the happening?

| >>795192
"You'll >>>really kill her if you don't move, you dunce!!"

>Dispatch, not having the time or patience to wait for an opportunity to speak, pipes up over the cacophony:

"Sir, I'm sending emergency assistance to your location right now. Please stay on the line if possible for further instruction--"

| >>795191

> Tierra sighed before palming the counter and leaping over it. She calmly removed her gloves and set them by her unfinished meal.

"Gideon, I did not mean for you to interfere in >>>saving your sister."

> She grabbed hold of him and attempted to wrench him away, her cold, metal hands griping tightly and unrelentingly against his shoulders.

| >>795198
>>795195

>Taichi joins in and helps wrench Gideon off of Gomi with the help of Tierra and Roy.

>Gideon falls flat on his ass near the table because he was sandbagging himself.

"You fucking Pyper siblings dude, who the fuck even raised you guys?"

| >>795199
>Three people, to get this man off of his sister. Imagine what he's like when angry, rather than caught in the throes of grief... Roy tries not to think about it.

"Can you hear me? I'm still here. She's not at all rousable, but she has a pulse..."

"Is she breathing?"

>Roy's been trying to figure that out since he'd stumbled his way over here-- he wraps his fingers around the underside of her jaw and pulls it upward, in case she isn't. It's a painful looking maneuver.

| >795206

>A wave of relief washes over Taichi's face.

"She has a pulse, oh, thank god! That means we're practically halfway there."

>He offers Gideon a hand in getting up which Gideon ignores then pushes himself up off the floor.

>Gideon is somewhat placated with this knowledge as well.

"S-so she's alive?!"

| >The tall woman has been busy in the meanwhile, taking the discharged firearm from the ground and completely disassembling it in seconds before putting the pieces away
"Well, unles one of you has an objection, I'll handle the gun disposal... unless you guys would love leaving a gun with her prints around the shop."
>Despite the joke, her face is serious as can be

| >>795208
>Roy's about to further reassure the two delinquents sprawled out on the floor-- such is (usually) his nature, to try and put family at ease when possible-- when something gives him pause.

"..."

>... No. What about the rest of it? What about whatever comes next? The damage has been done; they have yet to find out how much.

"Does she look 'practically halfway there' to you?"

>Roy fishes something unidentifiable from his pocket.

"... She's >>>barely alive."

| >>795214

>Taichi gets slightly miffed.

"You don't know Gomi like I know Gomi. 'Barely' is all she needs for me to know she'll pull through."

>Gideon bites his tongue, he doesn't have the right to say anything and he knows it.

| >>795215
>Roy places whatever he's pulled from his pocket beside Gomi on the table. Gently, he begins examining her neck-- feeling for the swelling that he can hear in her breath, the fracture or collapse of cartilage he's been debating the presence of since he stepped close enough to get a look... Slowly, his eyes move upward until his gaze meets Taichi's.

"... Is that so?"

>He locks them there, momentarily-- silently challenging Taichi's perception of Gomi's injury.

| >>795234

>Taichi immediately breaks eye contact with Roy, like he's ashamed of himself.

"She's...the most tenacious person I've ever met. Can you name someone else who can make a living by digging through garbage *and* do it with a smile on their face?"

>Gideon overhears this.

"Taichi... were you trying to look after Gemma all this time?"

| >Chanka taps her finger on the table repeatedly, her teeth clenched and making a loud grinding noise as she does
>Her eyes were cast upon both the girl on the ground, flickering with both annoyance and something else.
>Deep crimson ran over her vision.
>This was her day off, and someone had to fuck it up.
"You best all stay here"
>She mumbles, dropping her badge, which ahe always carries around unto the table
"Because or else, it'll be station calls"
>She menaces, staring at Gideon

| >>795238
>Off the top of his head? Probably not. But, if you gave him a little while to think about it, he could probably come up with something. Let's tuck that away for later, Roy thinks to himself.

"..."

>This doesn't look good. It doesn't look bad enough that he thinks she'll die on /this/ table, but it might warrant her getting transferred to a different one: the cold, steel kind he's used to standing over for hours on end. Where's their help...?

| >>795238

>Gideon approaches Taichi and puts a hand on his shoulder.

"I thought I told all of you guys to avoid talking to my sister, yet you disobeyed my orders and did it anyway?"

>Taichi nods uncomfortably and is later surprised when Gideon leans in and gives him a big hug.

"Thank you, Taichi. Banshees for life."

>They both knock their closed fist into each other's backs and Gideon breaks the hug and sits down next to Chanka.

| >>795244
>The Oni nods, taking out a notebook.
"I'll ask you two some questions, and you're expected to answer them honestly."
>Gone are the childish lisp and inflexions, the way Chanka spoke was officious.
"Before you all start worrying, this'll be a private hearing, I'll be noting things down but I won't be sharing them with my superiors"
>She gives Roy a glance
"Don't think I didn't catch that sympathy when you made the call, lying like that will get you in trouble someday."

| >>795241

>Gideon stands back up, looks Chanka in the eye and bows his head into the ground hard enough that his metal pompadour slams the floor like a giant mallet.

"I'm sorry for ruining your day off, Major Chanka. But please, if I'm going to be arrested anyway I want you to hear me out. We'll comp your food too okay?"

| >The flashing of colored lights becomes visible from the restaurant's windows; the sound of sirens begins to approach... Roy looks conflicted.

"..."

>It doesn't seem right to let something you started go unfinished...

| >>795246
>The Oni smiles a bit
>A tiny bit, not a lot.
"Now, now, I'm a gracious kind of lady, and I still *am* off duty today. So long as you answer my question honestly, I won't arrest you"
>She says, drafting up some kind of layout unto a blank page
"Plus, correct me if I'm wrong, but if you wanted to, that girl would have been dead by now, and she *did* reach for a loaded weapon"
>She muses, observing Gideon
>>795247
>Chanka gives Roy a look
"Your choice tall-stuff."
>She says.

| >>795245
>Roy doesn't reply-- but, it's not for want of exercising his rights-- he simply doesn't know what to say. So, he remains silent, until Chanka addresses him again.

>>795248
>Huh?

"I... beg your pardon-- what's... my choice, Major?"

| >>795250
>She snorts
"You're one of CN's pal, wouldn't surprise me if meeting the cops didn't thrill you"
>She says with a dismissive wave
"I'm giving you the option to scram is what I'm saying"

| >>795251
"... Oh. N-no-- that's... not what I was contemplating."

>He shakes his head, and places his hands on his hips, tapping a foot softly as the gears in his head keep turning.

"Or, well-- I wasn't planning an escape, if that's what you were thinking. I >>>do want to leave, but..."

>He looks down at Gomi, then back at Chanka.

"... I... want to leave with >>>her."

>I simply can't go on like this. It's been so long.

| >>795248

>Gideon slowly picks himself up off the floor and is met with the elbow jab of Taichi when he stands back up.

"Whatever happened to never bowing your head to anyone?"

>The both of them share a laugh at Gideon's expense and he looks back over to Chanka.

"I'm not gonna lie because I feel the truth has been already seen. I don't doubt that I coulda killed Gemma if I wanted to but... I could never do that. I didn't even want it to go this far. I begged her to stop."

| >>795251
"Also... I would >>>greatly appreciate it if you didn't automatically associate me with CN, Major. He's certainly not one of my 'pals'."

>He's firm, but polite.

| >>795253
>Roy's mouth falls open. She hasn't even been taken away yet!

"Gideon, Taichi... could you... >>>please refrain from talking about Gemma like she isn't here? Save that sort of conversation for after she's been transported out of here, please."

>Nobody knows what she is and isn't hearing right now.

| >>795252
>Chanka nods
"Then do as you wish."
>>795254
>Chanka chuckles
"I don't think people usually share private phone numbers if they're not close to one another"
>She flips her notebook once more and scribbles within.
"But I'll add that to my things to remember, Roy"

| >>795241

> Tierra sighed heavily and leaned her back against the wall next to the kitchen window. This is the SECOND time she's been involved in a police report in GC... and with Chanka involved.

"Miss Chanka, it appears I may be bad luck for you. It the chances of incidents happening in GC increases when we're in proximity to one another."

| >>795256
>The corner of Roy's mouth pulls back in a frown. Her logic is sound-- that's why it's upsetting.

"That's... a byproduct of some unfortunate circumstances, Major Chanka. Regardless, thank you for taking note of my... preferences."

>He sighs heavily. It's then the emergency vehicles arrive on the scene. There's a flurry of activity outside the dining room entrance.

| >>795255

>Gideon clicks his tongue and looks down at the floor. He was just confirming for Chanka.

"I don't know where she's going, but when she wakes up; can you tell her I'm sorry? For everything."

>Gideon takes off his long jacket red coat to reveal a large yakuza tattoo on his back of a black tortoise with the head of a dragon and a smattering of Kapanese maple leaves and passes his jacket in Roy's direction.

"I'd like her to have this too, I don't want her to get cold."

| >The tall woman was just waiting around, unsure of what to do, but the mentions of a certain geeky shadowrunner does perk her attention
>She elects not to speak however, but she does size up both the major and Roy
"Man, now I regret how bad with faces I am."
>She whispers and shakes her head, her memory had clearly failed her again, but hey, it happens

| >>795259
>Roy takes the coat, folding it over on itself and tucking it under his arm. He nods, then says to Gideon sternly:

"... When she wakes up, >>>you can come tell her.>>>Both of you."

>He straightens his posture as the EMTs enter the building.

"... She'll be going to NSF Medical Center. It's the hospital closest to here."

>He offers Gideon his phone.

"Give me your contact info. When she's conscious again, if she wants to speak with you, I'll let you know."

| >Elise, too, was waiting around after somewhat helping. She eyed Roy curiously, but didn't say much to the big man.

| >>795262

>Gideon grabs the phone and hands it over to Taichi, Gideon's not confident he can navigate a phone that isn't his and Taichi passes it back to Roy.

"Thank You, Roy. I'm sorry we caused you trouble. I just hope I can make it up to you. And to Gemma."

>As he says it every employee in the building bows their head and apologizes in kind.

| >>795265
>Roy pockets his phone, and simply nods in response. Yes. Let's hope so.

>The EMTs, initially, ask for an individual named "Taichi", whom they were informed initiated the emergency call to SuperKick'N Karaage. Though they're able to find him (those nametags the staff wear are certainly helpful), one of the restaurant patrons seems to take over for the general manager in explaining to the responders what happened. A couple of them think he looks familiar.

| >>795268
>There's a concise exchange between Roy and the EMTs as Gomi is carefully transferred onto a stretcher and wheeled out of the building. When he asks to come along, and he's met with some questioning looks, he answers:

"I'm assigning myself as this woman's attending."

>Then, more quietly:

"I'm Dr. Roy Walker."

>He and the emergency responders take their leave, filing out of the building with Roy last in line.

| >>795257
"If you feel bad about it, take me out for a drink sometime."
>Chanka says, deadpan
>>795253
>Chanka Faces Gideon
"Who was she to you, and what happened, can I get a summary to write down. Het full name too."
>She taps her notebook with the tip of her pen.

| >>795269
"Doctor Walker"
>Chanka calls out before he leaves.
>She lumbers over and hands him a slip of some kind of plastic, over it are a series of bumps and AR markers.
"This is my Tracker, its like a badge in some ways, if the police show up, or if anything happens, feel free to show it to them"
>She scowls
"Use my authority as you see fit, and tell them to piss off if they ask too many questions."

| >>795271
>Roy stops in his stride out the door to see the little oni flagging him down. Gladly, he receives the device she offers him. He isn’t expecting entry into his former place of work to be easy— so, he’ll take whatever he can get to ease the strain, a little.

“Will do, Major. Thank you for your help.”

>Roy gives his own little bow, then resumes his departure. The man disappears with Gomi into the back of the ambulance, and with that, they’re off.

| >>795270

>Gideon pulls out a cigarette and Taichi pulls a lighter out of his pocket and preparation to light it. Gideon snatches the lighter out of Taichi's hand and lights it himself before lazily tossing the lighter back to Taichi.

"Business hours are over, so I don't see any reason why we can't smoke now."

"Her name's Gemma. Gemma Lee Pyper. She goes by Gomi, has ever since high school. She's my little sister, my only blood relative, I think. I dunno about our parents."

| >>795270

>Gideon knocks on his headpiece and takes a drag off his cigarette.

"Now, about what happened."

"Because this is important I'll have to tell you. The restaurant's a laundering scheme, sorta. You coulda probably guessed from what happened. I'm an arms dealer. I opened the restaurant as a way to get punks off the street and give them a job, some food, and a family. Only problem is, one restaurant doesn't have the funds to employ an outrageous sum of unskilled laborers."

| >>795275
>Chanka extends a hand forward, still taking notes into the notebook
>Her writing is a neat, flowing cursive, almost like that of a teacher.
"Stop a moment."
>She looks towards the employees within the kitchen with an inquisitive gaze, almost as if she was asking: "is it true?"

| >>795275
>The tall woman has also pulled out a cigar from her little cigar box and lit it
"Hmm... that's pretty damn smart of you, but well, operations like these are usually riddled with holes. Holes we in my line of work call 'People'. Takes a good bunch to carry the stuff safely and never misplace it."
>She seems to be recalling something
"Drugs are much easier than guns too, easier to dispose of, harder to track once they're in the blood, too."
>She smiles

| >The Oni's frowned
>She hated the smell of cigarettes.
>Cigars also.
>But this wasn't the time.
>Focus Chanka, Focus.

| >>795280

>Taichi situates himself in a seat next to Eris but Gideon answers her.

"Drugs are... oppressive. They rob people of their freedom. Firearms are different. They may cause violence but they give freedom and power as well."

>Gideon laughs making the best out of a bad situation.

"Now 'holes' all I hire is 'holes', Except for Taichi. He's a really dependable guy. Y'know he's an accountant? He cooks our books and the food."

| >>795287
>The woman nods to Taichi
"We see eye to eye on that. Hate drugs and those who peddle it. Weapons are fair game though, in this world it's killed or be killed, and you don't wanna meet the business end of a gun without your own killing implement."
>She chuckles, before turning to Gideon
"Hard to leave em' hang, if you do, they end up doing worse than just a screw up. I get where you come from, man, I really do."
>She has that nostalgic look on her face again.

| >>795289

>Gideon takes pause to make sure Chanka isn't ready for more information before talking to Eris.

"I just couldn't stand to see other people put in the same situation I was, back when I was yakuza, I mean. If this had to be crime, I had to think of a way to keep their hands clean. So, they just deliver weaponry."

>Taichi chimes in.

"Also, tell me about it, somebody shipped out a loaded gun instead of a chicken order. This is what happens when we 'leave 'em hang',"

| >>795315
"I get you. Used to run with a crew myself... though I guess that was obvious."
>Eris nods with a smile directed at Gideon before turning back to Taichi
"Yeah, I could guess... and I understand how anyone would freak out when their meal's a little more metallic then they'd like."
>She scratches the back of her head
"Just be real glad it wasn't some rando who'd have called the cops straight up, yeah?"

| >>795323

>Gideon and Taichi both grit their teeth a cringe in unison.

"I'd almost rather it be that way after what happened. If I'm being honest."

"What type of crew *did* you used to run anyway? Taichi seems to be rather drawn to your 'charisma'."

| >>795324
"Yeah imagine if they called the cops"
>Chanka said, obviously unamused by the flow of conversation, her finger tapping unto the counter.
"Professional opinion is you shouldn't peddle weapons, mister, but then again it's better than BTL, and you *are* helping these kids get jobs"
>Her words are still cold, but she's not as angry as she was at first, the Oni seems to have hidden her fangs.
>For now
"Plus, I'm off today, you're lucky I am."
>She adds with finality

| "You're lucky I'm not working either. Probably could've handed your bunch in somewhere myself."

>Elise remarks off-handedly, giggling to herself before continuing.

"Maybe I'm getting too sympathetic for this job."

| >>795331

>Gideon bows his head to Chanka again.

"Thank You, Chanka. I don't want to continue but if I were to stop there's no telling what these guys would do if left to their own devices. 'cept for Taichi, he'd probably have a pretty cush office job by tomorrow.

>Taichi rolls his eyes.

>>795333

>Gideon smirks and sits up straight.

"You could try. Let's just say these idiots all follow me for a reason and it sure as hell ain't my brains but lets not talk hypotheticals."

| >>795343
"Is that a challenge?"

>Elise shoots a smirk right back, finishing a piece of her ordered karaage left cold from the situation earlier.

>She studies Gideon's face for another second before adding;

"Jeez, all of you take a joke way too seriously, you ever lighten up?"

| >>795350

>Gideon shrugs.

"A challenge? Maybe it is, maybe I'm just joking too. Sometimes it just feels good to talk some shit every once in awhile."

"And talking shit 'hypothetically' is almost like a game."

| >>795324
>Eris smiles wide at the question
"Well, I used to run a pretty prolific operation in the Frontier of outer-space. People called me shit like the Dread Captain and Colonist's nightmares."
>She puffs up her large chest with pride
"Space Pirate does have a nice ring to it, yeah? So you could just say that's what I was. But that was then, this is now. Retired now, glad to be... although I'd be lying if I said I didn't miss it."
>She laughs heartily

| >>795497

>Taichi slams the counter and stands up

"You're a space pirate, too?! Like Captain Harlock?! Are you an honest to god spacenoid?! Hell with your size you might even be Zentradi!"

>Taichi is standing face to face with the living embodiment of all of the space opera anime he's ever watched, he's in shock. Somebody help him, he might faint.

| >>795343
>Chanka sighs and shrugs
"That's good enough for me mister, so, can you please tell me what lead your sister to be this violent with you upon arrival?"
>she looked more than ready to have Gideon continue his story, a faint curious expression adorned her childish features.

| >>795526

>Gideon glares at Taichi which causes him to sit down and grumble to himself. Gideon speaks over him to answer Chanka.

"Well, Gemma and I raised each other. We were practically inseparable but after I graduated, the only work I could find was with the yakuza. So, I became a ghost to keep Gemma safe... and now; if I'm being honest because I'm ashamed to look her in the eye. Apparently, Taichi had been talking to her behind my back and keeping my secret at the same time."

| >>795526

>Gideon takes another long drag off of his cigarette then puts it out by pressing it against the underside of his hairpiece.

"The poor girl just came to make a complaint about not getting her dinner and instead saw that everyone she used to know had been lying to her for over half a decade."

| >>795521
>The woman scratches at her cheek, looking a bit embarassed
"Well, I am of the Artesis people, so yeah, I'm not human... Although I guess people here can't tell just from the eyes."
>She points to her ruby red eye
"But trust me, as far as Sapients go, we look pretty normal by all accounts... I had a giant frogman as my second in command, so that probably screams 'Alien' more than I do..."

| >>795546
>Chanka sighs and looks at Malioka like she would an unfortunate child
"And I'm a demon from Gehenna, now can you please let me talk?"
>She obviously doesn't believe this "space pirate"
>>795536
>The word 'Yakuza' earns Gideon a dissaproving gaze from the small Major, but she doesn't voice any complaints, keeping them to herself.
"So you dissapeared from her life willingly, To keep her safe?"
>She turns to Taichi
"What kind of relationship do you have with Gemma?"

| >>795371
"That, I can agree with."

>Elise replies, finishing her food.

"You do make some good chicken, would be a shame if this close down."

| >>795613

>Gideon rubs his eyes with his thumb and index finger.

"Yes, and now I've went and almost killed her. You don't know Gemma but she's incredibly headstrong and her temper is horrible. I was afraid she was about to do something she'd regret."

>The questioning causes Taichi to jump in his seat.

"Well, uhh Gomi, I mean, Gemma! We're old friends just like Gideon and I. Y-yeah, just close friends. I just thought Gideon's treatment of her wasn't fair. Sorry, Boss."

| >>795638
"To be fair, that wasn't the worst thing you could have done, with your arm strenght, I'm sure you could have killed easily, and yet you didn't. Plus, as I said, she did have a loaded weapon and *was* reaching for it. You may have not handled it in the best way, but these things are almost never handled in the >>>best way"
>Chanka said, her tone had softened now.
"Still, I can't applaud you for it. And I don't think you'll feel good if I just let you off."
>She gets up.

| >The small officer pulled out a small piece of paper and scribbled unto it, in her neat handwriting.
>"Fine for misdemeanor"
>"Price to pay: One order of fried chicken"
>"A visit to the victim, asking for forgiveness"
>The small Oni rips the paper from the page after signing it "Taliassanna Alicia Chanka, Major"
>She gives Gideon a small smile, the menacing light is gone from her eyes now
"I hope you can pay Mister!"
>Her jovial, childish lisp had fully returned.

| >>795641

>Gideon starts choking back tears again as he takes the paper.

"Thank You, Major! I'll do everything I can to make things right. Come back any time, I think I owe you more than one free meal. Tai~chi!"

>Taichi scrambles behind the counter, pulls out a handful of punch cards and begins furiously punching holes.
He pulls out a pen and scribbles "CHANKA" on all of them and hands the cards over to the Oni.

| >The Oni extends a hand in clear refusal
"Now, Didn't you say you made money to help these kids? I'm not going to be fed for free you know!"
>She declares with a big grin on her face
"Family is the most sacred thing in the whole world! So take care of them good okay Mister uh... Gideon! Yeah!"
>She seemed to almost 'register' your name into her brain, she mumbled it a few times while nodding to herself
"I'll see you again!! Keep on kickin'!"
>The tiny Major exclaimed while leaving.

| >>795649 >>795645

> Tierra watched Chanka go before rubbing the back of her head and calmly climbing back over the counter to her seat.

"I don't know if I am allowed to leave yet, so I will... finish my meal while I wait?"

> And just as if nothing had happened, and that Tierra hadn't just helped throw Gideon to the ground, she began to eat her fried chicken calmly.

"...It's still good at this temperature."

> It was easier to pretend the rest didn't happen.

| >Eris simply nods
"Good chap that little horned one."
>She also sits back down
"All is alright that ends not terribly, as they say..."

| >Elise calmly wipes her mouth with a paper towel before setting her pay on her table to collect.

"Well, I think I'll take my leave. Try not to confuse your order again so this won't happen next time I visit, yeah?"

>She stands up and walks out the door.

|
>>796651

>Taichi and Gideon stand and watch the Oni exit the establishment. Gideon's the first to say something.

"You got that right. Maybe this counts as a new beginning though."

>Taichi stands over by Tierra.

"Well, sorry you had to see all that. Feel free to finish up. I've gotta start cleaning the place up, it'll probably take awhile."

>>795652

>Taichi and Gideon both answer with a simultaneous

"Let's hope not, see you next time!"

| >Gideon turns to Taichi and elbows him in the ribs.

"You and Gemma are just *old friends* huh? You sounded a little sore about that."

>Taichi turns red again and digs a broom out of a closet behind the counter

"Yeah, whatever! Laugh it up all you want, Gideon."

>Gideon smiles and notices the hole in the ceiling and the color drains from his face.

"Oh shit! Moji!

>Gideon sprints back upstairs to his office.

| >And as he does Chanka walks back in, with an exaggerated walk
>She jumps up on a stool, grabs the badge she had completely forgotten on the table and then looked up at Taichi with a smug smile
>Her face was beet red, and her eyes on the verge of tears
"D-Don't think I'll forget this!"
>She screams as she rapidly jumps down from the stool and rushes out the door again.
>What an idiot.

Total number of posts: 248, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1634537446

This thread is permanently archived