danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
(Setting) Capsule Bar

| > It’s evening in the Capsule bar. The space seems to be livelier than most days, with a small gathering of people at the various tables all talking in various states of excitement and agitation. The bartop itself only had one person sitting on it, a grey skinned Lilim who seems to be deep in debate with the bartender

> The overall vibe of the bar felt like it should: Appropriately dive bar-like

| >Every now and again, someone walks up to the bar grab beers before returning, as if rules didn’t apply to them. Dusty, for her part, didn’t really stop them and Fox, the Lilim, knew better than to say anything. He sat at the bar in front of his roommate, who was looking intense in her usual biker getup. 

> As one approaches the pair, it seems to be apparent that they are talking about *something* but it seems ambiguous as to what they could be talking about

| “—It’s better when it’s all synced up to music!” said Fox, looking a little more nervous in his argument

“How would you know?! I know you’ve never tried!” replied Dusty, looking very aggressive 

“S-so! I don’t have to have tried to know!”

“Bullshit you do! You wouldn’t get the passion if you haven't before! You've got no experience to speak of!"

| >A familiar-looking woman stepped into the bar, long black hair being carefully tucked behind her ear as her other hand pushed the door open.

>She was dressed in black, a simple black overcoat with the Himura logo on its left breast and back. She walked over to the bar, her boots thumping softly against the floor before sitting down at one of the stools.

>She tapped her gloved fingers together, deciding that the now energetic nature of the dive bar was more preferable.

| >>773736

> It seems as though Dusty had not yet noticed that someone new had entered the bar. She was still very engrossed with whatever conversation that she was having with the Lilim, who seemed to be losing

"I've seen plenty of trivids and it totally does make sense the way I'm seeing it!"

"of *COURSE* you would think that because you've only seen it digitally! You need to do it yourself one of these days, just not with me"

"W-w-w-what do you mean!!!"

| >>773759

>Tierra listened to the conversation and watched Dusty and the Lilim have a energetic dispute. She rested her elbow on the counter and promptly put her head into the convenient hand container now available to her.

>She did not know what the two were speaking about, and at that moment she wasn't quite sure she wanted to know.

| >>773760

"EXACTLY. I win so SHUSH"

> Dusty managed to compose her self a little while Fox say, blushing a slightly darker grey. She finally notices the Tierra who had sat down and quickly moves to be in front of her

"This fuckin' guy, can you believe him? What are ya drinkin'?"

| >>773761

> Tierra glanced at Dusty and then at Fox before scratching at the back of her head.

"I cannot make judgement upon him without knowing the manner of your disagreement. Which is not my place to know nor to add onto."

> She cleared her throat and laid her hand back down on the counter.

"I'll take a Reverse Manhattan, if you can make it. Otherwise I'll try that Cobalt Velvet again."

| >Two more figures file in after Tierra. One was a tall but frail-looking blonde in a sweater and a pair of jogging pants. A small sling bag strapped over her shoulder. The other was an equally tall man in a plaid shirt, a pair of jeans, and a black cap covering his buzz cut.
>The pair makes their way to the counter.

| >>773762

"I am so sorry for getting her worked up Miss. I shouldn't have said anything to start," Said the lilim

> He clasps his hands together in apology

> Dusty gets to work making the drink, which ends up just being a Cobalt Velvet since she had forgotten her phone and didn't want to ask how to make it.

| >>773765

> Tierra rubs the back of her head again as she looks over at Fox.

"That is perfectly fine. She had quite a bit of energy my first time visiting. It is a notable difference and preferential to those I used to spend my time around."

> She looked away from Fox and glanced over at Dusty to watch her make the drink.

| >>773763 >>773766

> Dusty finishes the drink up and slides it in front of Tierra before moving over a bit to focus on the new people. She motions them to come up, tapping the empty seats in front of her

> Meanwhile, Fox continues to talk to Tierra

"Yeah, that's Dusty all right. She's full of very odd energy. Living with her is just about the same. Oh, right, I'm umm... I'm Fox. よるしくね"

| >>773767
>Both of them take their seats. If Dusty would remember, the man was Andrew, one of Impulse's friends. While the girl was Iskra.
>Andy grins as he eyes the new guy, but doesn't say anything, instead he greets Dusty and orders his drink.

"Hey Dusty, long time no see, I'll take a piledriver."

>Iskra, meanwhile, stay silent until Andy finishes his sentence before she orders.

"I'll have a sunshine cloud."

| >>773767

"Ah, はじめまして. 私の名前はティエラです. I'd prefer to speak in English, if that is alright, though."

> Tierra seemed surprised to speak to someone in Japanese, but quickly turned her attention to her drink and picked it up before sipping it.

"You're an... autor-- a Lilim, yes? Why are you in Glitch City if you speak Japanese?"

| >>773768

"Oh damn, yeah, it has been a while. Glad to see you're still kicking around these parts. I'll get you guys' drinks up. Big, right?"

> Dusty doesn't wait for an answer and goes about making both drinks big anyway before setting them down

"Kick yer feet up and keep me company while Kitty over there makes a new friend"

> She points over to Fox and Tierra

| >>773769

"English is fine with me, Tierra-san! And yes, I am a lilim. I was originally deployed in the US to Ayanami-hakase, who taught me Japanese and let me have his family name. I'm here because I couldn't get all the way to Japan until I've had some more time active in a city where I have more freedom."

> He seems very eager to share his story, his bright green eyes almost shining like Go lights

| >>773772

"Ah, I suppose that makes sense. It depends on the city in which you live in. I did not see many... Lilim... in New Osaka, at least not freely roaming. The city is mostly owned by Himura anyways, it is a nice place to live if you are wealthy."

> Tierra sipped from her drink again, hoping that she won't stain her teeth this time. She smiled at the familiarity from the Lilim.

"It is an honor to carry his name, then. I hope you use it well. I do not have a surname."

| >>773770
>Andy takes the glass and take a big gulp. Iskra is more reserved, taking a small sip from her glass.

"Oh, right, and this is Iskra, my newest admirer...not."

>Andrew immediately eats his words when Iskra shot him a threatening look. Andrew clears his throat.

"Anyways, you guys met before, right?"

>Iskra nods, turning back to Dusty.

"A few times, yes."

>Iskra talks with a slight slavic accent.

| >>773773

"We're common enough here that I don't feel too worried any more to be outside at certain times. As for your own family name... I'm sure you can always make one for yourself!"

> He doesn't seem to quite understand what a family name would entail, but it doesn't stop his enthusiasm

| >>773774

> Dusty takes a second to tap her chin as she thinks about it and nods, sure enough about what Andrew and Iskra were both saying

"Yeah, yeah you do look familiar. Sorry, it's just been a while you know? I'm not as young as I once was so my memory can be hit or miss, unlike me"

> She feigns knocking her head with a fist before walking over to get more beers on a tray for one of the groups at the tables behind them all

| >>773776

> Tierra shook her head while smiling, opting to scratch the back of her head for the nth time before sipping her drink again.

"That is good, to be comfortable where you live. One should not have to spend their days worrying about what comes the day after."

> She set the cobalt velvet down before resting both hands on the glass.

"I... appreciate your sentiment, Fox-San, but I am currently unwilling to start a family for the sake of a name."

> She seemed embarrassed.

| >>773777
"I don't mind."

>Iskra says. While Dusty walks over to serve the beer, she turns back to Andy.

"So do you want to tell me why you called me, or do I need to get it out myself."

>Andy turns to her and replies.

"Well, the boss man's back so I was just giving Val some alone time with him."

>Iskra scoffs, her lips curling into an amused smile.

"What an interesting way to say you wanted to sleep on the job. Anything else?"

| >Andy grins back, moving closer to Iskra.

"Well, I told Val that I got a date, want to make that come true?"

>Iskra's reply was a punch to Andy's stomach. The man grunts in pain and curls his body up a little bit.

"Do you want to try that again?"

>Iskra says, as she turns back to her drink and takes a small sip. The punch was enough to shut Andy up, and he silently turns back to his drink as well.

| >>773778

"Your name is as good as it is now. Sometimes being shorter is better"

> Fox gives a grin to try and defuse the situation. He notices that her skin temperature had risen and decided to try and make Tierra more comfortable

"Let's just enjoy the time in here!"

| >>773843

"Ah, yes. I agree, thank you.'

> Tierra shook her head before taking a hefty drink from the glass before setting it down. Try to be normal.

>>773781

> She turned her attention to the other two at the bar after the grunt of pain from the man. She drew a small assumption of the events that transpired.

"....Is it normal to punch those you're drinking with? I cannot imagine how that would help you keep your drinks down."

| >A large man enters the building alone wearing a dark grey business suit with a purple button up shirt, collar popped with the first two buttons left undone. A top his head where you would expect to find hair is an affixed helmet in the shape of an exaggerated metal pompadour.
He strides over and takes a seat at the bar.

| >>773901

> Dusty was about to come up with some kind of retort but was caught off-guard by first the punch and then seeing someone walk in with a strange hair cut. She figures that she might as well take his drink now that he's there

"You a corpo? We ain't get many of you guys over here, at least not currents. What can I get ya?"

| >>773903

>The man leans forward and relaxes an elbow on the bar.

"A corpo? Nah. I ain't one of those bastards. I'd rather live free and let others do the same. I'll take a Suplex."

| >>773906

"Sure, sure. No need to posture around these parts, we're all the same in these walls"

> Dusty gets on making the drink rather quickly, in spite of herself. She quickly gets it in front of the new guy and cracks her knuckles as if to punctuate how fast she was.

"So you cashing out or gonna stay a minute?"

| >>773879
"I'm preserving my relationship."

>Iskra replies as she glances over to Tierra. Her accent giving her voice a little of a neutral tone.

"Frankly, I do not know why people even go out with this guy."

| >>773912

>The man laughs it off and shrugs

"I can get behind that. If only it was like that everywhere else, Y'know?"

"I think I'll stick around for a bit. I gotta redeem myself after I got so defensive."

| >>773915

"Ah, I understand... I think."

> Tierra leaned over and looked at the man next to Iskra, then shrugged and nodded.

"I suppose he must have deserved it."

>>773906

> Tierra turned her attention to the newcomer, having heard him enter and then his opinion on 'corpos'

"...Is there something wrong with corporate workers?"

> She lifted her drink to her lips after speaking, her eyes briefly flashing.

"Himura treated me well throughout my employment."

| >>773931

>The man looks over at Tierra and taps his headpiece with his knuckle.

"Sorry if you took offense, I've got nothing against people who work for corps."

>He continues with a smile.

"It's the people closer to the top that are worth getting worked up over, but I'm glad you were taken care of, I aim to do the same with my ilk."

| >>773937

> Tierra waived her hand dismissively before laying it on the counter, a faint thud could be heard when her wrist laid upon it.

"I took no offense, I was just curious. People are allowed to have their opinions."

"I actually interacted with some of the higher ups of Himura at times, I was even fortunate to meet the CEO when I retired. She is a very astute and diligent woman. Honorable traits."

| >>773940 >>773937 >>773915

"Hmm... glad you two are playing nice. Otherwise I would have had to taken both of y'all out myself. Those two flirts get a free pass but y'all haven't earned that right yet."

> As Dusty talks, she points over towards Andrew and Iskra before tossing a bottle cap at the two of them, hitting Andrew square in the center of his forehead

| >>773941

> Tierra turned her head towards Dusty and nodded in response.

"Of course, I would never seek to cause any problems within your establishment. Nor any establishment for that matter. I enjoyed the atmosphere of this location during my first visitation, and therefore sought it out again after the events of today."

> She lifted her glass and drank from it again.

"Plus, it takes a lot for me to feel a drink, and you make your drinks quite strong. That is appreciated."

| >>773940

>The man takes a sip of his drink

"She sounds like a good person but I'm willing to bet the life she leads is disconnected from the life of most."

"And out of curiosity, you 'retired?' You seem a little young for that. So clearly corp life didn't want you, or you didn't want it."

>>773941

>The man raises his drink and takes another large swig

"I'll hope I can earn your trust some day, pal. Especially if you make 'em like these."

| >>773943

> Tierra looked at the man next to her curiously. A single brow raised while the other remained in place.

"My services were simply over. I had been officially employed since the day I was born, as per the stipulations of the Debt Repayment Protocol my parents signed up for."

"I had served them for thirty years loyally and without competition as one of the best in my field. My retirement was a reward, one among many I suppose."

| >>773931
"Actually, I wa-"

>Andrew tries to speak up, but immediately stops when Iskra shoots him another threatening glance.

>>773941
>Andrew catches the bottle cap. Even more emcouraged by Dusty comments, he starts.

"See? Even she knew we were flirting."

>He says, grinning wide again.

"You're lucky I'm patient."

>Iskra conceals her anger, ignoring his comment as she catches the bottle cap Dusty tossed at them.

"What's this?"

| >>773943

"Sorry pal, you're only getting my trust if I want in, and I really don't. 'Sides, I'm just some bartender. No need to think about it more than that, right Kitty?"

> Dusty flashes a grin at Fox, who nervously gives her a thumbs up since he's more than aware of the truth in that statement

| >>773946

>The man chortles briefly and nods.

"Fair enough. Don't worry, I'd never make a scene. I run a joint of my own and I know how much of a hassle it is to play clean up."

>>773944
>He grips his metal haircut from the front.

"I think that's kinda my point. It sounds like your real reward might've been freedom. So, what's next?"

| >>773948

> Tierra scratched the back of her head and shrugged.

"I had decided upon my retirement to come to Glitch City for a change of scenery from New Osaka. My agent mentioned that I should try to 'become normal' I assume it was intended as a pejorative but I took it as my mantra."

> She sipped from her nearly empty glass.

"I want to interact with the citizens of this city and enmesh myself with them that I might be indiscernible. That is my goal."

| >>773949

"Normal can mean a lot of things here, lady. Y'know, we're more alike than I thought. I've been in a similar spot in the past. Fresh out of high school, no discernible skills, criminal record, bad reputation; I had nowhere to go. I was a real fish out of water. Luckily, I think I've finally found my place."

>The man raises his glass to offer up a toast.

"Name's Gideon. To new beginnings."

| >>773954

> Tierra stares for a moment then raised her now empty glass in mimicry.

"Ah, yeah..."

> She lowered her glass and scratched the back of her head before nodding in agreement to Gideon's words.

"My name is Tierra. I find there are many who are common in this world, but at times there are great diversifying factors."

"For instance, I have not met any other liquidators."

| >>774013

>Gideon downs the rest of his drink immediately.

"Liquidators? What are you liquidating?"

| >>774080

"Company assets, typically. Assets that have been stolen, or have become misplaced at times. Additionally, I served as as a direct extension of Human Liason's for the company. I had other tasks, of course, but they all involved company employees and assets."

> Tierra ran her finger along the rim of the glass as she spoke, her glove giving it no noise.

>>773946

"Pardon me, Dusty, but if you're not busy at the moment, could I get another drink? Anything is fine."

| >>774086

> Dusty nods and gets to work making something to drink. She works with a little bit of difficulty but eventually hands over a drink that looks like it's whiskey-based with a cherry rolling around the bottom of the glass

"I dunno why, but I get the feeling you'd like this. Maybe it's because my Boy would like it too and you'd get along with him fine."

| >>773945

"A cap. Pretend I tried to pop you; *bang*"

> She does a little pantomime of shooting a gun in the way a child would. Fox finds this funny and laughs a little before moving to her defense

"Please don't mind her. It's just her way of having fun. She does the same all the time to me when we're both on the couches"

> Fox does a little shooting motion back at Dusty as he speaks. It's like they've done this before

| >>774088

> Tierra lifted the drink and swirled it around before shrugging and taking a sip from it. She sighed contentedly and set the glass on the counter.

"You would be correct, I am a fan of whiskey and this quenches a thirst I forgot I had. Many thanks, Dusty."

> She raised the glass and took another moderate sip from it.

"Who is this 'Boy'? I assume a partner of yours?"

| >>774090
>Iskra stays silent, awkwardly staring at the pair for a second. She put the cap back on the table and take another sip from her glass.

>Meanwhile, Andrew does an over-the-top death cry.

"Oh no! I am shot! Iskra! Kiss me so I could be saved!"

>He closes his eyes and pretends to fall into Iskra's laps, which she dodges, quite gracefully. Andy falls to the floor.

"Ow."

>He lets out.

"You make a cute couple."

>Iskra finally comments, dismissing Andy completely.

| >>774091

"H–"

"Pete! He's Dusty's old bounty-hunting partner. He's very kind and serious and also strong. He carried me and Dusty once without even straining himself."

"Yeah, Fox said it..."

> Dusty grumbles under her breath about 'wanting to keep it under wraps' but it's hard to make out what she means by it

| >>774092

"Are you well, Andrew-san? Do you need medical assistance?"

> Fox peers over, trying to get a read to see if he should do something to help out this person that was now on the floor of the bar. Nobody else seemed to really care about a new body there, at least

| >>774093

> Tierra nodded, drinking from her glass as heartily as one might sip from a bottle of water on a hot summer day.

"Bounty-hunting is a noble profession. Hunting down those in need of hunting for money, or to seek proper vengeance and restoration of honor."

> She sat the glass down and as usual scratched the back of her head.

"...I suppose bartender is a step in a new direction for a bounty hunter. So long as you find purpose, then you are fulfilled."

| >>774095

"I'm only here because nobody else wants to do it. And because I told Pete I would. I rather just be building motorcycles but that only occupies so much of my time, y'know?"

> Dusty gives a shrug and smirk, as if that conveys exactly what she's trying to mean.

"A lot less people shoot at me in here though. That's a big bonus"

| >>774094
"Just leave him there, he can get up by himself."

>Iskra replies instead of Andy, glancing down at the man groaning on the floor.

"Please! My lady, I am hurt and in need of help!"

>Iskra sighs, rolls her eyes, and offers him a hand. Mostly just so he stop drawing drawing attention towards them.

"How do women fall for a man-child like you."

>Andrew drops the act and grins widely as he take her hand and get up. He pats himself down and winks at her.

"It's my charm."

| >>774097

"Umm.... okay then. Will you be okay, Miss?"

> Fox looks over at Iskra and tries to get a read on what she might be feeling, because her words definitely did not sound kind to him

"It sounds more like you're his caretaker than a partner"

| >>774093

>Gideon's sits up straight when he hears the conversation.

"Hey, Dusty, was it? I'll take another Suplex."

"Building motorcycles, huh? Like from scratch? Sounds sick I used to do some mods myself."

>>774086

"Are people considered assets? Asking for a friend"

| >>774096

"Ah, motorcycles. I have never ridden on one, the agents that used them enjoyed them. As for the shooting.. I consider that a good reason to work here."

>>774097

> Tierra scratched the back of her head when she looked back over at Iskra and Andrew. They reminded her of some of the operatives she used to work with.

>>774099

"Yes. Some people are considered assets in the eyes of Himura. Especially if acquired under the Debt Repayment Protocol. It is normal in Nu'saka."

| >>774099

> Dusty begins to mix up a new drink as she starts opening up about her actual passion

“YES. Building and maintaining them is what I do best, ya know. Built nearly every one of my birds and the ones Pete rides. It’s been a thing since I was a girl, taking apart machines and putting them back together better than before.”

> As she finishes up, she slides the drink down and grabs the old glass to set it into a rack of some kind

| >>774103

>Gideon looks surprised.

"Damn, that's impressive! I maintain my own and try to help some of my employees with theirs. I tell 'em we can have bikes for the business but they all insist on riding their own. Wish some of them were a bit more capable."

>>774101

>Gideon looks kind of misty-eyed while he speaks

"There's nothing quite like riding a motorcycle with your boys. I miss the feeling of wind in my hair, but I guess a permanent helmet is safer."

| >>774098
"I'll be fine."

>Iskra just says, finishing her glass.

"Oh she's a caretaker alright."

>Andrew says as he throws his hand around Iskra. She immediately shrugs his hand off, but Andrew continues his speech.

"So much care she'd taken in strategically denying her love for me, making me want her even more."

>Iskra just sits there, not even looking at him.

"He'll snap out of it, don't worry."

| >Suddenly, Andrew's phone rings. He looks at the number and immediately picks up.

"Ey, Pulse, how's the dat-"

>His tone starts cheerfully, before he was cut off by something. His face suddenly turns more serious.

"I'll be over."

>He hangs up and fumbles out a credstick to pay for both of their drinks. He stands up and turns to Iskra.

"I have to go, you can stay here and continue drinking."

>Iskra turns to him and stands up as well.

"I'll come with, what's the matter?"

| "Pulse and Val got themselves into some trouble. I'm gonna go check on them. You don't need to come."

>Andrew says as he turns to go, but Iskra catches his hand.

"I'll go."

>Andrew looks at her for a second more and nods."

"Okay, come."

>Iskra takes a second to turn back to Dusty.

"Thanks for the drink."

>They leaves.

| >>774105

> Tierra nodded at Gideon's romanticism of motorcycles and gave a smile that felt plastic and rehearsed.

"It is good that you found joy in such activities. I understand, I suppose, I have never felt more whole than when I was inside my mechs. The sound of servos, the heat of the reactor, and the rumble of the guns firing... It is all very comforting to me."

| >>774205

>Gideon nods

"Part of your old job I assume? Remind me not to owe anything to a corp that employs mech pilots. The last thing I need is my restaurant ending up a 'liquefied asset'. Still, it's good to know enjoying the roar of an engine is a sentiment that transcends class and background."

| >>774110

"Take care you two. Don't die. Hey, Fox, hot-swap"

> Dusty tosses a bar rag at Fox, who quickly moves over the bar top to stand next to Dusty, who now looks even shorter than she normally does

"Thanks kid, I'm gonna have a smoke."

"Umm... sure Dusty. I guess it's not an issue"

> Fox replies, a little unsure of himself, but eager to help. Dusty just smiles sweetly at him and then goes to find her pack in her bag under the bar

| >>774210

> Tierra nods as well.

"Most of my operations were spent inside of a mech. My body is augmented to best serve such a purpose, although I have a few for out of mech operations. Part of my retirement package was to keep them."

> She turned her head away from Gideon and pull her hair to the side to reveal a circle metal disc with a port in the center of it at the base of her skull.

"Neural link, for the mech. It's like a second layer of skin. I have another port, too."

| >>774225

>Gideon inspects the data ports like he pretends to know something about them

"So uh, did they let you keep the mech too?"

>>774215

>Gideon waves down Fox.

"Hey man, I don't tend to run into a lot of Lillim, They're usually not among the low lives I tend to hang with. Got any idea why that is? I'm legitimately curious."

| >>774236

"Hmm? I can't really speak for all Lilim, but I know that we have a lot of protocols when we are in dangerous situations that will do things like alert proper authorities. The penalties for a lilim committing crimes are also very awful for us, like being stuck in shells or simply partitioned without a body"

> Fox states this all matter-of-factly, as if not really getting what he himself is saying

| >>774236

"Ah, no, Himura no longer sponsors my licensing and therefore I cannot legally own my old mechs. They are held in storage for me in the advent I get a new sponsor."

>>774282

> Tierra looked over at Fox and swirled her glass.

"I can imagine how that would hamper crimes committed by Lilim. The punishments seem... excessive, but perhaps it is due to people's perspectives on the humanity of Lilim."

| >>774291

>Gideon scratches the back of his neck.

"Ahh, that's a shame. Well, I hope in that case you find another sponsor since you enjoy driving that thing."

"You say you're from Nu 'Saka, right Tierra? Do you have any strong opinions on karaage?"

>>774282

"Yeesh, talk about harsh. I always wondered if it had something to do with how they were raised, but a punishment like that is a hell of a deterrent. Doesn't seem fair to me."

| >>774300

> Tierra looked back at Gideon and twisted her lips somewhat. She appeared to be considering her response before stiffly turning to her drink and lifting it to drink from it.

"Karaage is the superior way to cook and enjoy chicken. It is well-portioned, well-seasoned, and its crispness cannot be compared."

> She cleared her throw before pursing her lips and setting her drink down.

"I have no more to say on it, as to behave myself within this establishment."

| >A tiny lady with horns growing from her forehead enters the bar with large strides.
>Or well, as large as they can be when one is barely four feet tall.
>She climbs upon a stool at the bar and starts humming while she waits for the bartender to notice her.

| >>774302

>Gideon flashes a giant grin.

"Well, as luck would have it. I run a karaage shop. "Superkick'N Karaage", Downtown. It's probably not the taste of home, but it's cheap and we deliver. I've been on the lookout for people from the homeland to come try it and help the guys improve the recipe. Stop by sometime and let them know aniki sent you!"

| >>774304

> Tierra scratched the back of her head and shrugged.

"I will try it, perhaps. I shall still compare it to the food from home, but if it is good enough then I will be satisfied. As for..."

> Tierra just stared at the man for a few moments.

"...The usage of *that* word, I am afraid I will refer to you as Gideon only."

>>774303

> Tierra hears the humming and turns her head to glance at the new guest, before giving a very subtle and muted expression of surprise.

"Oh."

| >>774318

>Gideon shrugs.

"That's fine, but I'm afraid some of my employees are so dense they're not gonna know who 'Gideon' is unless you let them know it's their boss. Good dudes though."

>>774303

>Gideon sees the small girl enter the establishment, buttons up his shirt, and shifts out of his lazy slouch into a more proper posture.

| >>774318
>The tiny officer notices your utterance
"Hey! you're that lady... I think?"
>While at first she smiled widely, showing off a neat row of white fangs, the small oni now seems clueless as to who you actually are.
"Who are you again?"
>Chanka asks, holding a finger to her chin

| >>774330

> Tierra swirled her nearly empty drink in her hand before setting it down onto the counter, looking down at the tiny officer.

"I was at the food truck earlier today, when the man pulled the gun on the Lilim. I helped out, and then gave you a statement."

> She arched her brow before returning to a more neutral expression as she leaned an elbow on the counter.

"You're... Officer Chanka, correct?"

| >>774332
>>774330

>Gideon's fidgeting increases at the utterance of the word 'Officer' as he clears his throat.

"Someone pulled a gun in the open surrounded by people? Did anyone get hurt?"

| >>774332
"Of course I'm Chanka, who else in this city has nice looking horns like these!"
>She points to the red horns extending from her forehead
>Chanka still seems uncertain about your identity though: she pulls out a small PDA from her pocket and fiddles with it for a minute before seemingly coming to a revelation
"That did happen!"
>She puts away the device and laughs
"You're the lady with the metal Hands, Tia??"
>She obviously doesn't remember how to pronounce Tierra's name

| >>774303 >>774291 >>774300

> Fox, politely, decided not to mention about the treatment of lilims since it's not like he was someone to break the law. He then waits for a break in Chanka's questions to finally say something

"Good evening Chanka-san! What can I get started for you tonight?"

> Dusty finally finds her cigarettes and pops out from under the bartop with a cigarette in her mouth, trying to see what was going on

| >>774335

"I believe the perpetrators both received mild wounds, that is it. Chanka handled the situation well."

>>774340

> Tierra watched as Chanka fiddled with her PDA to seemingly recall something that happened only hours ago. Concern etched upon her face that either Chanka was *THAT* busy... or Glitch's PD hired some interesting characters.

"Er, yes, Tierra. Although more than my hands are metal, that was certainly me."

| >>774344

>Gideon starts thinking.

"*Both* perpetrators huh? Interesting considering we were just talking about the lack of Lilim criminals."

>>774340

>Gideon turns towards Chanka and thanks her so kindly it borders on fake.

"Great work out there Major, thanks for making the streets a safer place!"

| >>774341
"Uh? oh yeah, get me something strong and sweet!"
>Chanka asks the bar tender
>>774344
"Tiara, right, I didn't forget okay!"
>It's clear that she actually DID forget your name... her mispronounciation on the other hand seems to be a product of the slight childish lisp with which she speaks
>>774347
"Thanks mister! Man it's hard being so busy!"
>The small officer says, smugly, while puffing her chest.

| >>774348

> Tierra nodded, satisfied that the pronunciation was close enough. Tierra was a lot of things but she wasn't a bully.

"I suppose it wouldn't be a bad thing if you did, as that was only the second time we had met."

>>774341

> She turned back to Fox and gestured to her nearly empty glass.

"Fox-San, would you be open to making me another drink? I've almost polished off my last one, and I don't feel any of it yet. A nice buzz would be appreciated tonight."

| >>774349
>>774341

>Gideon puts his hand up.

"Could you put her next drink on my tab? Call it an apology for making an ass of myself earlier."

>>774348

>Gideon laughs in a very much not genuine fashion.

"Y-yeah I'm sure there's never a dull moment in GC. You deserve a chance to unwind."

| >An all too familiar form slips through the doors to the bar, it's Angus! She didn't go to bars often, except this one. She looked a little different than normal, her hair longer and she had her glasses on instead of contacts. under one arm was her motorcycle helmet. She looked around for a certain Lilim, before seeing he was working. She took a seat at the bar next to some strangers and set her helmet on her lap. Occasionally glancing at Fox.

| >>774349
"It was the second time???"
>She seems very surprised by this

| >>774349 >>774348 >>774357

> Fox does a short bow and gets to making the pair of drinks very quickly, especially when compared to Dusty. He efficiently gets out a Brandtini and a fully loaded big Blue Fairy for Tierra and Chanka respectively before bowing once more upon handing both drinks out.

> Dusty takes the distraction as time to also slide on outside to have her smoke next to the communal trash can fire that's always burning, no matter the time of day

| >>774361

> Fox finally noticed that Angus had entered once she'd sat down at the bar. It took all of his inner strength to not cause a giant scene in his excitement, but he still managed to do at least *something* to draw attention

"お母さん!久しぶりだね!何を飲みいえてる?"

> He was clearly very excited to see someone that meant a lot to him... so excited that he forgot to make sure he was speaking english

| >>774409
>Angus looked puzzled for a moment, she understood bits and pieces of Fox's sentence from some language studying, but she didn't understand everything. However, she understood that he called her mom, and a soft smile crept up her face.
"Oh Fox, you sweet little goof... I missed you!"
>She chirped, and giggled a little at his excitement.
"Now, in English..."
>She winks at him.
"I'll take a Marsblast please!"
>She eagerly waits for him to start mixing

| >>774408 >>774409

"Thank you, Fox-San. I suppose it is time to stain my teeth yet again."

> Tierra lifted what was left of her last drink and downed it in one go, the faint crunch of the cherry audible before she set her second empty glass aside in favor of the new and full drink.

> She didn't immediately imbibe as her concentration was briefly disrupted by Fox's excitement.

>Did Lilim have parents? What a confusing prospect. Tierra watched Angus and Fox politely yet cautiously

| >>774475
"You're very welcome!"

>>774426
"Right away!"

> Fox gives a short bow and quickly gets to making a big marsblast in no time at all. He does manage to keep his enthusiasm in check this time, and operates at the normal human level. Or what he thinks it is, anyway

"How have you been? I was wondering where you have been and Dusty has kept telling me to just stop worrying because 'you'll come out just fine at the end,'" whatever she meant by that"

| >>774489
>Angus wears a contented smile while watching Fox mix her drink. Naturally he was good at it. When he finishes, Angus takes a sip.
"Well when I'm not studying, I'm working, and when I'm not doing either, I'm doing great! Dahk keeps me sane, and so do occasional outtings like this."
>She idly traces her finger aroind the rim of the glass while talking.
"Good to hear Dusty has confidence in me... I think. How have things been for you, my sweet little Lilim?"

| >>774408
>Chanka takes the drink with a complex expression on her face, a mix of bewilderment and frustration
"What do you mean second time... I'm--"
>She trails off once again as she brings the glass to her lips and takes a swig quite unlike her: that is to say, big.
>She sighs in satisfaction as she does and gives Fox a thumbs-up and a sweet smile
"Good! I'll take one more for when I drink this one!!"
>her legs start swinging under the counter, that's one happy oni.

| >>774617

> Tierra tilted her glass in Chanka's direction.

"This is the third time we've met, and the second time in this bar. It wasn't too long ago when I came into here the first time, and you happened to come in here during that time."

> She paused to sip from her drink, her attention shifting over to Chanka entirely.

"And then we met at the food truck. Admittedly we didn't speak to one another much the first time, if at all. I am easy to forget, I'm sure."

| >>774615

"Hmm... it's been a lot of working lately. It seems like I'm always running around the city more often than I get to do anything else. Not that I mind! I like seeing everyone happy when they get what they need on-time"

> He gives a grin and looks around the place to see if he spots his roommate and fails to do so, so he goes back to his normal self

"Oh! Dusty has also been trying to teach me how to build stuff, but I'm not very good at it yet"

| > Tierra's phone started to ring as she finished speaking to Chanka. She excused herself before lifting the phone to her ear and setting her phone down.

"はい, ティエラ. Ah, I see. Yes, I can do that. Very well, I will meet you there."

> After a very brief conversation, Tierra put her phone away and sighed before paying for her drinks and leaving a tip.

"It appears I have a meeting tomorrow, so I shall stop drinking now. It was a pleasure meeting you all, and speaking to you, Fox-San"

| >>774947

>Gideon waves goodbye

"Catch you later, Tierra."

>Soon after, his phone also rings and he picks it up in a hurry.

"What the fuck do you *mean* the line cooks are boxing each other?"

>He jerks the phone away from his ear as you can hear muffled yelling coming from the other end of the line.

"Fine, fine! I'm on my way."

>He downs the rest of his drink and pays.

"Great meeting you all, I've got something to attend to, I'll breeze by again some time."

| >>774972 >>774947

"Well, have a good night, both of you! Please stay safe"

> Fox gives a bow and goes back to attending to the needs of the others in the bar

> Outside, Dusty sees the people leaving and she waves goodbye, in between puffing her cigarette

Total number of posts: 100, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1627612113

This thread is permanently archived