danger/u/
##TRAVEL-CHANNEL##

| >##WELCOME TO THE TRAVEL CHANNEL##
>PLEASE INPUT YOUR CREDENTIALS!
>OR CREATE A NEW ACCOUNT!
>"BRINGING YOU PLACES YOU WISHED YOU SAW BEFORE"
>SINCE 2004


>NEWS:
>88/88/88 SIMSENSE TRAVEL, LEAVE YOUR BODY BEHIND! FOR GOOD.
>88/88/88 WELCOME TO GLITCH CITY! DONT STAY TOO LONG.
>21/11/7X NEW OPENINGS, CALL NOW! WE NEED THE HELP.


| >create new account


| >>754137
>Account creation currently disabled on this terminal, please contact support using [SUPPORT] To contact an agent.
>##


| >[SUPPORT]

......lets see if i can make this work.......

-DEADEYE


| >>754307
>##Support##
>CALLING SUPPORT
>RRR.
>....
>....
>PORT ACCESSED
>THE QUEUE IS NOW 0 YEARS LONG
>PLEASE TAKE A MINUTE TO LISTEN TO THIS CALMING MUSIC
>...
>...
>>>
>...
>Click!
>You have connected to SUPPORT-1
>PLEASE STATE YOUR ISSUE NOW


| >>754308
i wanna make an account please

-DEADEYE


| >>754309
>[Support1: Engaging account creation using admin acount: [[MILLER]]]
>....
>.....
>....
>[TRAVELLER NETWORK REACHED, ACCOUNT CREATION BEGINNING:: PLEASE ENTER A USERNAME]
>##


| .........fuck i have no idea what to put uhhhhhhhhhh

fuckk

>SLEEPLESSEYE

w/e guess thats fine

-DEADEYE


| >NAME CHOSEN
>PLEASE CONTINUE, SLEEPLESSEYE
>Please choose your city of residence to finish the set-up


| ........ alright

>GLITCH CITY

-DEADEYE


| >Your City of residence has been to GLITCH CITY, LOCATIONUNK
>THE PETRI DISH OF THE WORLD.
>Welcome to the TRAVEL Directory
>Please enter a command, user SLEEPLESSEYE
>[Enter command]


| """"of the WORLD""??????wow

>HELP


| >>754317
-DEADEYE


| >>754317
>HELP
>##WELCOME##
>DIAL: DIAL A LOCATION NUMBER
>PENDING: SEE PENDING REQUESTS
>PORT: SEE WHO IS LISTENING
>TEST: RUN A DIAGNOSIS OF THE SYSTEM
>SIM: LAUNCH SIM SENSE MODE
>SUPPORT: CONTACT CUSTOMER SUPPORT
>VIEW: LOOK THROUGH THE VIEWFINDER:TM:
>LOGOFF: DISCONNECT
>BREAK: CONNECT TO ANOTHER CHANNEL
>1/2
>[ENTER COMMAND]


| >2/2

the hells all this shit mean.......

-DEADEYE


| >>754320
>READ: HAVE THE UNIT READ A MESSAGE
>CULL: STOP INCOMING CONNECTIONS
>REPAIR: IF AN ERROR OCCURS, USE THIS COMMAND
>SAVE: SAVE CURRENT USER DATA VIA CLOUD OR EXTERNAL DEVICE
>LOAD: LOAD USER PROFILE
>BODY: CHECK FOR SIMSENSE AVAILABILITY
>D
>E
>S
>A
>C
>R
>A
>T
>E
>LET LOOSE THE CHAINS, EXPLORE ALL THERE IS.
>REO: TALK TO A LOCAL OR OUTBOUND REVERED EXTERNAL OPERATOR
>END: KILL THIS PROGRAM.
>2/2


| ..........what

>R

-DEADEYE


| >R IS PART OF A GREATER COMMAND, PLEASE RECONSIDER YOUR CHOICE.
>...
>....
>...
>[RETURNED TO HELP MENU]


| ........the fuck??

>TEST

-DEADEYE


| >>754324
>DIAGNOSTIC IN PROGRESS.
>...
>....
>...
>....
>.....
>....
>...
>..
>.
>No problems detected, operating normally, SYSTEM: ALL GREEN.
>Reconnecting to Glitch city
>Welcome home!
>[Enter command]


| .....uhh thanks i guess

>BODY

what IS this thing......

-DEADEYE


| >BODY
>PLEASE CONNECT TO THE MATRIX USING YOUR DATAJACK FOR SIMSENSE AVAILABILITY
>[Enter command]


| ........

.......i shouldnt

>

.........

>

oh ffs

>SIM

-DEADEYE


| >LAUNCHING SIM SENSE MODE
>TRACKING....
>....
>.....
>....
>VERSION 1.2.5 LAUNCHED
>SIM SENSE MODE ALLOWS YOU TO VISIT LOCATIONS USING VIRTUAL SIMULATIONS BASED ON COGNITIVE MANIPULATION, PLEASE DISCONNECT YOURSELF FROM ALL OTHER DEVICES BEFORE DIALING A LOCATION.
>CONSIDER THE FOLLOWING, SIM SENSE MODE MAY CAUSE SENSES OF EUPHORIA OR INDUCE RUSHES OF ADRENALINE WHEN CONNECTING TO LOCATIONS SITUATED OUTSIDE THE BOUNDRY, TAKE A DEEP BREATH WHEN THOSE SIDE-EFFECTS OCCUR.
>MENU....


| >WELCOME TO GLITCH CITY
>SIM SENSE MODE ACTIVATED
>Welcome home!
>Please enter a command.


| >PENDING

doubt i got >>>anything pending w/ a new acct but....

-DEADEYE


| >##FOUR REQUESTS PENDING##
>ABERDEEN, ME, 17:06:43 04-23-76 (PENDING)
>PURPURA, 15, 11:59:59 04-22-77 (PENDING)
>SEASIDE, RAINY, 88:88:88 35-13-08 (ERROR)
>BURROW, Falschen, [DATE N/A] (ERROR)
>[Enter command or RETURN]


| >DIAL

fal.......??what does he got to do w/ all this....

-DEADEYE


| >DIAL
>___-___-____
>DIRECTORY
>CALL
>CLOSE DIAL
>Please enter the number you wish to call, enter the directory or return to the menu.
>[Enter Command]


| >###-###-####
>The phone number of a true criminal [Mastermind] is entered.

........

-DEADEYE


| >CONNECTING TO PHONE LINE
>MASTERMIND...
>....
>.....
>....
>CONNECTING....
>....
>.....
>....
>CLICK!
>YOU ARE NOW SPEAKING WITH:
>UNKNOWN.NUMBER.MIKO
>A voice echoes into your ear, too far for you to be able to comprehend what it's saying.
>The sound of a rushing train.
>CLICK!
>Dial tone.
>RETURNING TO MENU


| >MAIN MENU
>------Current location: Glitch City-----
>Local Time: 88:88:88 (Not set)
>Current weather: Windy
>SIM SENSE MODE: ON
>------USER: SLEEPLESSEYE------
>Messages: 0
>Travel history: none
>Auth: Traveller
>SOULSCREAM: KINDNESS
>------------------------------
>Please enter DIAL to begin travelling
>Enter HELP for command list


| ......the fresh fuck is a """"soulscream"""?????softserve of the damned or w/e?????? jfc

>DIAL

""traveling""" huh......

-DEADEYE


| >DIAL
>___-___-____
>DIRECTORY
>CALL
>CLOSE DIAL
>Please enter the number you wish to call, enter the directory or return to the menu.
>[Enter Command]


| >###-###-####
>And next, comes the number belonging to a certain surgeon with the hands of (a tiny) god.

hope shes got better reception.......

-DEADEYE


| >CONNECTING TO PHONE LINE
>CAT...
>....
>.....
>....
>CONNECTING....
>....
>.....
>....
>CLICK!
>YOU ARE NOW SPEAKING WITH:
>UNKNOWN.NUMBER.SALASIA
>A voice echoes into your ear
>"Meow? Who is this--? Unknown numbers? unsightful numbers?"
>SPEAK NOW.


| >"Oh, shit."

-DEADEYE


| "Who--? I recognize that voice? Thinking brings forth memories, fast speeds, vroom, very much?"
>The voice continues
>SPEAK NOW.


| "... Wow... cool. Okay; wow, uh... Hi... Xiria...?"

-DEADEYE


| "Is this Ai? Aikawa--? What is up? Something that isn't ceiling?"
>The small surgeon's voice sounds.. odd, it echoes as if the phone-line was nicked somehow.
>SPEAK NOW.


| "Y--... yyyyeah, yeah-- yeah, 's me. Wow. This's... fuckin' nuts."

>From her hushed tone and the lack of any bite to her voice, it's clear Aikawa's totally mystified at what's currently taking place.

"Uh, not-- not much-- whattabout you?"

-DEADEYE


| "I need work? Working? Money is good-- Money helps? Sent CVs? People tell me not to use stage names for application? Anger--?"
>Xiria says, her usual aloof tone as present as ever.
>SPEAK NOW.


| "... Lookin' for work? Doin' what?"

>Was she employed when (on that fateful night) she paid the hospital a visit...?

-DEADEYE


| "I am a doctor, specialized, qualified? Surgeon meow? Good work-- most reccomanded for hiring?"
>Xiria says, her voice sounds quieter now, some static worming its way into the comms
>SPEAK NOW.


| >Aikawa checks her connection to the 'net, and to the device she's using to access it. Why's the quality of this... call (?) so bad?

"... Tellin' me that license's >>>real, Xiria?"

-DEADEYE


| >>754357
>The connection seems... unstable, the message from the Sim Sense connection from earlier comes to mind.
>"PLEASE DISCONNECT YOURSELF FROM ALL OTHER DEVICES BEFORE DIALING A LOCATION"
"Meow? It's real--? I even have two fellowships completed? I'm a big deal? maybe? Meowbe so?"
>Xiria says, she sounds somewhat proud, although it's hard to tell with the way she speaks.


| >>754358
>... Huh?

"Where ya lookin', then?"

>Jesus, it's like talking though one of those tin can telephones...

-DEADEYE


| >>754359
"Around? Aux-entours? Mawari? Around-- yes."
>Xiria says, her voice becoming clearer for half a second before slowly becoming static ridden once more.


|


|


|


|


| >>754360
>This is starting to give her a headache... Aikawa prepares to disconnect and investigate the issue, so that her next call doesn't end up being a bunch of white noise with a vocal backing track.

"Well, uh... Good luck. Put in a good word for ya'f I meet anybody lookin' for help."


| >>755567
"Counting on it? maybe? Have a good day--? evening? what hour is it?"
>The call disconnects, a mass of white noise washes over, like a gigantic wave.
>Then, quiet.
>The system seems to be rebooting


| >MAIN MENU
>------Current location: Glitch City-----
>Local Time: 88:88:88 (Not set)
>Current weather: Windy
>SIM SENSE MODE: ON
>------USER: SLEEPLESSEYE------
>Messages: 0
>Travel history: none
>Auth: Traveller
>SOULSCREAM: KINDNESS
>------------------------------
>Please enter DIAL to begin travelling
>Enter HELP for command list


| ...

>DIAL

traveling huh..........

-DEADEYE


| >DIAL
>___-___-____
>DIRECTORY
>CALL
>CLOSE DIAL
>Please enter the number you wish to call, enter the directory or return to the menu.
>[Enter Command]


| >DIRECTORY

im outta numbers, so...........might as well see what my other options are

-DEADEYE


| >>756127
>DIRECTORY
>Please select one of the following entries:
>GLITCH.C
>ABERDEEN
>GREAT.F
>PURPURA
>BURROW
>SEASIDE
>LONDON
>TOKYO
>OSAKA
>SAINT.A
>ISLAND.O.K
>DALLAS
>SEATTLE
>1 of 20
>[Enter name]


| >>756267
............osaka?????????shit omae longs im not gonna get charged for this........

>OSAKA

-DEADEYE


| >>756297
>Dialing Osaka
>....
>...
>....
>Connected to Osaka's system.
>No error encountered
>Welcome to Osaka!
>Returning to menu.


| >MAIN MENU
>------Current location: Osaka-----
>Local Time: 09:31:55 (Not set)
>Current weather: Cloudy
>SIM SENSE MODE: ON
>------USER: SLEEPLESSEYE------
>Messages: ((1))
>Travel history: [HISTORY] (1)
>Auth: Traveller
>SOULSCREAM: KINDNESS
>------------------------------
>Please enter DIAL to change location
>Enter HELP for command list
>Enter VIEW to use the Viewfinder
>Enter BODY to check simsense availability
>Enter CULL to cut connection and retutn home.


|


|


| ""message"""" prob smth like """"welcome to the travel channel" or w/e...........

>READ

doesnt hurt to look anyway I guess

-DEADEYE


| >>757080
>[ONE NEW MESSAGE]
>[Subject: Word of advice.]
>[Sender: REO XV]
>[ATTACHED FILES: 2 files over 2tb. Shiv.ag, Ency.ag]
>Hey. You're not the guy from last time, you're someone else aren't you? Nobody uses those hard-lined interfaces anymore, you should tread lightly. This here is a welcoming gift of sorts, feel free to install these packages on the sim chip you're using... Just don't install them on your augs directly. Contact support to do so, or to contact me directly.


| >>757081
"""""guy from last time""????tf......

youre gifting me a fucken SHIV?????some fucken present jesus fucking christ

"""its dangerous to go alone take this"""""uhhhhh yea ill get right on that grandpa

......

..........ughhhhh these are MASSIVE

>DOWNLOAD FILES

w/e not like i gotta open em yet anyway

-DEADEYE


| >Downloading files...
>Closest Server: SEASIDE, TP
>...
>....
>...
>....
>...
>This may take a while...
>...
>....
>...
>....
>...
>Download complete, File: SHIVER.AG and ENCYCLOPEDIA.AG are now on local disk /:T Install files to simchip?
>Y/N


| ...........oh

its
............ughhhh

>N

no not rn i gotta get over my secret disappointment at not being handed a fucken knife thru the 'net

-DEADEYE


| >>757088
>Returning to menu!


| >MAIN MENU
>------Current location: Osaka-----
>Local Time: 09:33:24 (Not set)
>Current weather: Cloudy
>SIM SENSE MODE: ON
>------USER: SLEEPLESSEYE------
>Messages: 0
>Travel history: [HISTORY] (1)
>Auth: Traveller
>SOULSCREAM: KINDNESS
>AG set pending.
>------------------------------
>Please enter DIAL to change location
>Enter HELP for command list
>Enter VIEW to use the Viewfinder
>Enter BODY to check simsense availability
>Enter CULL to cut connection and retutn home.


| >VIEW

wonder what this does..........

-DEADEYE


| >Connecting to Osaka Acess point
>Loading...
>Dialing....
>...
>....
>.....
>[Connected]
>A small video player launches.
>The inside of a small phone booth is shown to you, the receiver unit within is completely broken, its green phone piece laying helplessly on the ground
>The sounds of a busy city echo all around, in low-fidelity compressed soundwaves.

>Local time 09:34:02
>CURRENT WEATHER: BAD
>[Enter command]


| ..........guess its time to give this a shot

>BODY

hope i dont vom

-DEADEYE


| >...
>....
>...
>BODY FUNCTION ACTIVATED, SIM SENSE TRAVEL INITIATED
>CONNECTED TO SYSTEM
>....
>...
>DIALTONE, SET
>
>Suddenly, a jolt, a wave of noise and feelings of sickness wash over the user... before slowly subsiding, you are within the phone booth, or atleast, you think you are; everything is covered in a hazy mist, not thick enough to obscure, but just thin enough to make sure you don't get the feeling things around you are ((too real))
>WELCOME TO OSAKA


| >ATTEMPT TO LEAVE THE PHONE BOOTH

-DEADEYE


| >>757102
>You slowly leave the phonne booth, the noise of the city is crisper now, more distinct, you can almost smell the air, although that sense too is somewhat muffled, it feels as if you're watching a movie unfurl in front of your own eyes.
>You stand in a small underpass, cleaner than some may have expected from the state of the lonely phone-booth, a large sign above your head reads "NISHIYODOGAWA WARD"
>A car passes by.


|


|


| >>757105
>"... The fuck...?"

>This is eerie. Really eerie. Unsettlingly uncanny. This isn't the ward she grew up in, but... it's certainly one she's passed through a lot.

>EMERGE FROM THR SHELTER OF THE UNDERPASS


| >>758115
>Emerging from the underpass, you find yourself in an open street, surrounded by small buildings, some read "laundromat" others "storage" it seems quite derelict around here.
>The traffic is light, and there isn't anyone walking on the wide sidewalks.
>It's an odd feeling, almost as if the place was.. different somehow.
>A chainlink fence is to your right, covering the underside of Motorway 43, a few empty bike stands, rusted over, are placed hapazardly beneath its shadow.


| >ENTER THE LAUNDROMAT

>Liminal spaces must be /even trippier/ here than in meatspace, right? Go big, or go home, Aikawa thinks to herself...


| >>758122
>You enter a cramped laundromat.
>Within are a few rows of washers and coin operated dryers, some of which are spinning away.
>A few people sit around, twiddling their thumbs or playing on their phones.
>Their faces are covered by veils of pure darkness, nothing about their features can be discerned.
>Its dark in here.


| >ATTEMPT TO INTERACT WITH LAUNDROMAT PATRONS

>Aikawa waves to whoever's nearby, before returning her hand to her pocket and strolling towards the dispenser housing various detergents and softeners.

>"ばわ…"


| >>758125
>The patrons don't seem to be aware of your presence.
>They simply go on with their lives.
>The shelves are like the rest of this place, baddly lit, and dusty.
>Detergents and softeners line the shelf, all of them sharing a particular trait: cheapness.
>A small handmade sign above them reads "Be reasonable" in bold lettering


| >BE... REASONABLE LIKE IT SAYS, I GUESS

>Aikawa squints. The inconsistency of the lighting is giving her a headache. Most laundromats aren't exactly known for their... welcoming atmosphere and attractive decor, but at least they're usually, y'know... clean? Like you would assume a place that's literally /dedicated/ to /cleaning stuff/ might be?

>"もう…"


| >>758128
>The laundromat does not answer.
>It can't.
>An audible ping resounds.
>It doesn't seem to have a source, not here anyways.
>[You have one new message]


| >>758129
>"What...?"

>Aikawa shields her eyes with a hand-- it feels a little strange and even dizzying to be wandering around and browsing her inbox at the same time.

>READ


| >>758131
>[ONE NEW MESSAGE]
>[Subject: Data usage.]
>[Sender: TRAVEL NETWORK]
>[SENT: 09/04/76]
>You currently have two uninstalled packages in storage. Please either install them or proceed to deletion. Data is very expensive and the TRAVEL NETWORK is not a storage system.
>Thank-you
>THIS IS AN AUTOMATED MESSAGE, DO NOT REPLY.


| >>758134
are you fucken kiddin me???????jfc

>Install files to simchip: SHIVER.AG, ENCYCLOPEDIA.AG

gonna stop crying abt it now?????ffs

-DEADEYE


| >DATA INSTALLING...
>DATA PACKAGE RUNDOWN:
>....
>..
>....
>[unexpectedly, no problems.]
>>>>
>INSTALL COMPLETE
>INITIATING DATA.
>Completed.
>Thank-you for not clogging up our data.
>[Returning]
>...
>[Sim packages detected, feel free to ask any question to the encyclopedia.]
>[Sim packages detected, Shiver.]
>Returning...
>You are still within the laundromat, somehow it seems a little brighter now.


| >>758136
>Aikawa blinks-- and, removing her hand, takes in her surroundings once again. What's up with that? Those packages-- maybe they increase fidelity of the simulation, somehow? It shouldn't work like that, though...

>An encyclopedia... sounds helpful, but... the thing makes it sound like using it is intuitive; simple. How is she supposed to ask it questions? Speak them into the goddamned air?

>"..."

>...Fine.

>"Which, uh... soap's best for it's price?"


| >>758137
>A deep voice resounds, deep within the deepest part of your "mind"
>[Encyclopedia]: amidst this shelf, the second left bottle of Kiedoro has the best quality to price ratio, although its bottle, boring looking and poorly marketed, means it is very unpopular.

>It's a green bottle, with only text on it.


| >>758139
>Aikawa's mouth falls open in disbelief as her question's answered by what is... /definitely/ not the normal voice of her usual internal monologue.

>"..."

>That dumbfounded gaping is quickly replaced with a widening, lopsided grin.

>"... Cool."

>She reaches for the soap-- expecting for her fingers to pass through the bottle. If people can't see her, then she shouldn't be able to manipulate the world they're in, right...?


| >>758140
>The bottle is cool to the touch, but no matter how much you try to move it... It simply doesn't.
>It's stuck there
>[Encyclopedia]: in your current state, tactile reproduction is about as far as the system can go.


| >>758144
>Aikawa withdraws her hand, gazing at her fingertips. Even with these limitations, it's still a damned good approximation.

>"..."

>She gestures at the patrons around her.

>"... These... /real/ people?"


| >>758145
>[Encyclopedia]: Yes, they are. Realer than you are right now. That mist covering their features is facial obfuscation, to make sure this program is in respect of international privacy laws.
>The voice elaborates.


| >>758146
>This is all happening in real time, huh...

>"... This thing always drop you off in Nishiyodogawa?"


| >>758147
>[Encyclopedia]: There are five access points within Osaka, two of which are currently unavailable. The system usually sends users to the access point with the most stable connection, in your case: Nishiyodogawa.


| >"What're the five access points?"


| >>758152
>[Encyclopedia]: In order: Nishiyodogawa, Asahi, Suminoe, Hirano and Ikuno.


| >>758154
>Aikawa glances around the laundromat again. Suddenly, everything is... a lot more interesting. Seemingly limitless knowledge will transform even the dullest of things into tiny treasure chests of information.

>"Wonder if Geeky knows 'bout this thing..."

>There's no way he doesn't.

>"..."

>How deep does this thing go, exactly? She turns her attention to the row of different detergents, again.

>"Which one'a these won't fade my colors?"


| >>758425
>[Encyclopedia]: The one in front of you, branded "Hiyashi" is generally reffered to as the best softener in japan, it's not an empty claim either, although the price is usually steeper than most other products. It won't fade your colors, and even "protects your whites". This product is a japan exclusive."


|


|


|


|

Total number of posts: 107, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1621136902

Refresh