danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Got DAMN!

| >A video is uploaded
>Seems to be footage from some kind of Show Room, if the various vehicules in the background are anything to go by.
>In the center frame stands a Large, just about 12 feet long vehicule, shaped like a large rod. Its back holds a sear along with several racks, upon which are set pouches and storage space, and a large engine bay covered in transparent material.
>The front tapers off into a thin rod shape.
>Large letters are printed on the main body: 0-5

| >It looks like an oversized Gravity bike, small disks are equipped underneath it, probably as part of the lifter.
>The camera takes several angles while inspecting the vehicule. It shows off its white body, the large engine bay and its complex looking machinery along with its bright red decals reading KRAFTA Enterprises.
>It then shows off the seating area with its two large steering levers and massive pedals. A small wind shield is installed and seems to be able to extend.

| >The camera moves once more and focuses on a plate next to the vehicle, showing various numbers and specifications.
>[Drakenlanz, model 0-5]
>[LENGHT: 12 feet 10 inches / 3.91 meters (smaller models available)]
>[LIFT WEIGHT: 1 metric Ton]
>[UNIT WEIGHT (WITHOUT ATTACHEMENTS): 400 Pounds / 181.437 Kg]
>[FUEL USAGE: ELECTRIC ENGINE / NUCLEAR POWER (Combustion and Helium engine replacement possible but release date TBA)]
>[GAUSS DISK SYSTEM]
>[PRICE POINT: 2,750,000 nuyen]

| >The video cuts, and another file is loaded.
>Another video
>This time a man is center frame, wearing white clothes decorated with bright red stripes and AR symbols that displayed glowing red KRAFTA Enterprises logo around his breast pocket and arms.
>The man smiled and a voice from off screen cut in
>"Sorry, I just really wanted to record this, is it okay?"
"Of course, feel free"
>The man says with a refreshing smile
>"So, from the top, what is this thing?"

| "This is the Drakenlanz 0-5 model, a new type of vehicle developed by KRAFTA, we personally call them Gauss Bikes or Single person Gravitational transport: but calling them Gravbikes is fine too, the end result is the same anyway"
>The rep laughs
>"Gauss Bike? What's the difference compared to other aerial bikes or vehicles?"
"I'm glad you asked!"
>The rep says, smiling, he points to the vehicle shown earlier, particularly to the array of disks fitted underneath its body

| "These are Gauss disks, they work using a process known as the Magnetrine effect to produce lift"
>"The magnetrine effect? You mean that thing Rikensenergi worked on back in the aught' years?"
"I'm glad to see you're so knowledgeable about this, indeed, it uses the same principle, which means its a completely mechanical part. It also has more lift than a conventional gravity engine, while using less fuel than thrusters"
>The man explains

| >"Completely mechanical is it? So if one of those broke, you'd just switch it off or replace a part?"
"Exactly, Gauss disks allow for things to be simpler, use less fuel and be easier to maintenance."
>The Rep says, proudly
"The only thing is that, since they create lift by using gravity and only on a single axis, the driving system needs to move the disks completely to steer, which means that it's a bit harder than most vehicles to get used to."

| >"That sounds like a small problem all things considered"
"Indeed, it was a necessary sacrifice"
>"Let's talk about the driving then, I need to know: how fast can this thing go if operated properly?"
"This unit in particular, that is to say the 0-5 model can go at about 2 30 miles per hour, that is to say 370 kilometers per hour or just about"
>"Woah, that's fast"
>The rep laughs
"That's not as fast as the fastest consumer car, mind you, but smaller units like the 0-1 are faster"

| >"how long does it take to reach top speed?"
"In the best conditions? Just about a minute in a straight line if the engine runs red hot"
>"I expected a bit faster to be honest"
"This model is mostly meant for carrying loads while being maneuverable and fast enough to outrun bigger vehicles."
>"Got it, so then how long can it run while uh, 'red hot'"
"It really depends on the fuel used, we offer two models right now: One uses a nuclear fuel cell, the other an electric engine"

| "The nuclear engine can provide enough power to run for several days, and has a charging mode that self-replenishes if left alone for long enough, the electrical engine will keep you going for about 500 kilometers with a single charge, and you can put on more battery packs on the racks surrounding the back seats"
>The Rep explains, while pointing to the vehicle's backside, where bags and racks are set up.

| >"Not bad, not bad, so long distance flight is easily possible"
"Indeed"
>"So now, about the price..."
>The representative nods
"It's quite expensive isn't it?"
>He smiles a bit
>"Yes, indeed"
"There is a reason for this of course, not minding the technology on display, what you are looking at right now in this display is, in brief, a prototype unit."
>"A prototype?"

| "Indeed, as of now, only Five units of this model exist in the world, and Five more are in production. We're looking at producing a total of 50 units by the end of the next year. 10 of each type."
>"Five units only? Including this one?"
"Yes, indeed, one of them is in Glitch City right now, not including this one, the others are abroad"
>"So, since they're prototypes and you're planning on producing more of these units, will the price go down in the future?"

| "Yes, when the data from the prototypes is received, and we set up factories in the next few years, we're looking at lowering the price drastically, and to sell them to both civilians of lower means, but also to military contractors"
>"Thank you very much for answering all my questions, Its a beautiful machine you have there!"
"No problem, thanks for coming! And share this video far and wide yeah?"
>"ahah!"
>The video cuts

| This was taken at the trade show at the Omnidome, earlier this month, I saw a bunch of transportation and vehicles, loads of cars and some VTOLs too. But this was the most interesting thing I saw, I never heard of KRAFTA before, but the reps were nice and the designs were wiz as hell too.

Id love to be a millionaire right about now chummers...
-Drach

| NDSec will have fun with some of those in a few years, I reckon. Throw them in with the Experimental Units.
-Sabre

| Nifty tech, but that price is STEEP
wonder who owns the unit in GC though

| They probably could undercut K-TRAN with the simple and cheap mechanical maintenance - assuming this takes off at all, that is. But if the price is this high, I'd rather just keep paying yellow boys maintenance subscription.

| Gravbikes are cool and all but I'll stick to my land-based motorcycles any day. Don't wanna fuck around and find out what'll happen if I get caught in an EMP blast while airborne

- EZBreezy

| >>753837
That's why those things are so cool omae!
The tech is >>>Mechanical, no Razor-kid with a loose trigger finger or some PMC nutjobs can take it down unless they goddamn shoot it down!

| WAIT FUCKING MAGNETRINE SHIT? IN THIS FUCKING CITY?? DID THE ENTIRETY OF SWEDEN SLIPPING BACK INTO TRIASSIC PERIOD NOT TEACH YOU MOFOS ANYTHING??!

| >>754046

Hey, they don't call Glitch "the world's petri dish" for nothing, har har!

-AzUl BlU3, CyniCal Fiction

Total number of posts: 21, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1619124192

This thread is permanently archived