HT
I
K
>Setting up system... beginning InfoStream, server location... fetched
>Server: Boundary 1-1 GC
>Realitas Link: 006%
>[VCR Cloud Services: For you, forever]

>Stream will begin.

>The image flickers in and out, a strange symbol accompanied with a piercing drone

>The world will never be the same.

>Begin.
>Start.
>Look.
>Don't look away.
>Look.

| >It writhes somewhere, within the noise.
>BEGIN PHASE 1

>A video begins, the image is grainy and dusty. It's too dark to make out anything besides soft waves under the moonlight
>Soon, a soft splash, the water moves
>A shape comes from the side of the screen, it moves into the water and vanishes. Soon other shapes begin doing the same, the sound of gurgling and choking is slowly drowned out by the sound of splashing water
>Tens, hundreds, soon a thousand, all marching to the waves

| >Until finally, deafening silence
>The camera is picked up slowly, and just as gently lowered unto the waves
>"Why would you do this, why wouldn't you, I can't believe it... but I trust it."
>A voice rings out clearly before the camera feed cuts

>THEY DON'T KNOW, NEITHER DO I, THEY DON'T KNOW, NEITHER DO I, I KNOW THAT I KNOW NOTHING, BUT THEY THINK THEY KNOW, FOOLISH, FOOLISH, UTTERLY FOOLISH, SICKENING, SICKENING
>ASHES AND SALT, PILLARS OF THEM IN FRONT OF YOUR EYES

| >BEGIN PHASE 2

>[Report of the September Incident]
>Written by Alex Stis
>September 21st, XXXX
This morning, 1092 bodies were found at the bottom of Lake Miral, out of those 1092, only 118 were identifiable. Evidence seems to suggest that the victims of the incident all willfully walked into the lake of their own volition, no traces of struggle were found. However, judging by the state of over 90% of the bodies, which should not be capable of walking, it is still too early to say

| >[Report of the September Incident]
>Written by Ghermann
>September 31st, XXXX
Insepction of the body was completed today, out of the 1092 bodies, all of them had their brains removed and innards pulled out, leaving only the heart intact. How in the hell did over a thousand lobotomites walk into a lake in the middle of the goddamn night? The entire station is scrambling, panic is gonna hit the streets when this shit leaks.

| >THEY WONDER THE HOW, NOT THE WHY, THE FOOLISH KNOW NOT TO ASK CORRECTLY, THEY ASK WITHOUT THINKING, DESPITE EVERYTHING
>THEY ARE FOOLISH, SO FOOLISH THEY SICKEN ME, YOU TOO WILL DIE THIS WAY, DROWNING WITHIN THINGS YOU DO NOT UNDERSTAND, THINKING YOU DO

>BEGIN PHASE 3

>Images appears in the stream, bodies in very late stages of decay, their insides empty save for strange white powder
>The angles are strange, as if taken by someone lurking in the dark, peeping at the bodies

| >Soon the images vanish, replaced only with static noise

>WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND, WHY DON'T YOU UNDERSTAND, IT DRIVES ME INSANE, HOW DOES IT NOT DRIVE YOU THE SAME?
>THINK A LITTLE, THINK A BUNCH, KEEP. THINKING.

>Breathing fills the stream, ragged and tired, but manic
>Soon the soft breathing is replaced with laughter, soft and weak
>An image shows
>A red curtain, in front of it sits a tall... thing, dressed in a white smock and wearing a mask, it wields a paintbrush

| >Before the thing is a canvas, on it is a strange nothingness, the being adds colour using it's brush. A bright red here, a soft green there
>It laughs softly as it does, but before long, the laughters turns to cries of anguish and pain
>"Aaaahhh.... ahahh...ahhh.... ahaha! AAAAAAARGGHHHH!!!"
>It stabs the canvas with a knife over and over again, screaming and raging

| >"Talk to me. Talk to me. Talk to me once again... oh, Brent... talk to me, I miss you... I miss you, so much... where did you go?"
>The being cries softly, before it once again laughs
>"That's right... I killed him... why did I kill him I wonder? Why? Why? Why? WHY DID I DO IT, WHY, OH FORGIVE ME, I LOVED YOU, SO MUCH, I ONLY WANTED YOU TO BE HAPPY, BUT THEY, THEY WOULDN'T LET IT HAPPEN! IF I DON'T DO IT, THEY WON'T LET US BE HAPPY! AHAHAHAH!"
>The being laughs and screams

| >It slowly turns to the camera, it's yellow eyes glowing behind the mask
>"I killed him, because if I don't kill them, they'll know too much, they'll become like me."
>It walks to the camera, as it approches, one would see just how tall the being is, easily surpassing 3 meters
>"You can't look, you can't find out... or else they'll find you."
>It takes the camera and makes it focus on it's masked face
>The eyes look deep into your being, but they show warm concern

| >"You can't find out. They'll appear in the corners first, before you'll notice, they'll be in your head. They'll beg you, and then they'll threaten... and when you don't listen, they'll make your body their own, and they'll make you do it."
>It cackles
>"Oh, I'm quite sane. Yes they talk, they keep TALKING! But... only I need to hear them. I'm doing it because you can't... oh yes. If you did, they'd get what they want."
>It gentle caresses the camera

| "Don't look. It wants you to look, so don't."
>The voice is gentle and kind

>The stream cuts out

>YOU MUST LOOK, IF YOU DON'T, YOU'LL NEVER UNDERSTAND
>IF YOU DON'T UNDERSTAND, THEY WILL ALL DIE, THEY WILL ALL BE DEVOURED
>KEEP. LOOKING. DON'T. TURN. AWAY
>I WANT TO HELP YOU UNDERSTAND, THINK ABOUT IT, THINK, THINK
>ASK THE RIGHT QUESTIONS
>DON'T ASK WHY, ASK HOW
>ASK WHO.

>PHASE 4

>A city, covered in mist and rain, the view is static and grainy, the sound of rain too loud

| >>741611

>[Voice Playback]
>A voice begins talking, a young voice, a girl
"The mark... why, why me... why..."
>Something answers, but the girl does not hear it's voice, neither do you, the noise is lost on your meager mind
"I-I can't... I'll be killed tonight, I'll walk outside like the rest, and they'll gut me... WHY ME! I DIDN'T EVER DO ANYTHING BAD, DID I?!"
>The thing answers, but it is lost to the void, and to us
"I-I need to barricade my room, make sure I don't leave."
>END

| >YOUR MIND IS STILL SMALL, IN THE HISTORY AND AGE OF MINDS, YOURS ARE CHILDREN, THE FORMLESS BEINGS ARE BEYOND YOU, AND SO IS EVERYTHING ELSE
>SEEK KNOWLEDGE, SEEK THE HUSKS THEY LEFT BEHIND, CHILD
>SHE SOUGHT IT, AND MET THE CORPSE ON IT'S THRONE, THE SMOOTH CORPSE
>YOU MUST NOT SEEK THE SMOOTH CORPSE, IT SHALL LEAD YOU TO FALSEHOOD
>UNDERSTAND, UNDERSTAND, UNDERSTAND, SEEK IT

>You cannot grasp what this means, nobody can, give up, give up
>The rain slowly flickers, the stars...

| >[Voice Playback]
>The voice of an older man
"This stench... the bodies must be quite old. To think this is what I'd find."
>The man mutters, before spitting
"Oh Na'th, preserve me in front of the Horror borne of Adoration. I do not wish to know love without thought, I do not wish to join them in falsehood and brain death."
>He slowly reads the verse, before coughing
"...This body, did it just move? Goddamnit!"
>Gunshots, flames
"...It might be too late for any of us."

| >[VCR Cloud Services]
>OVERFLOW DETECTED, SHUTTING STREAM, PLEASE INPUT CONFIRMATION TO KEEP GOING
>OVERFLOW DETECTED, SHUTTING STREAM, PLEASE INPUT CONFIRMATION TO KEEP GOING

| Man, there's no way I'm forgetting the 21st Night of September! I'll never listen to Earth, Wind & Fire the same again.
- Makura

| Goddamned buffer, of course it'd go wonky.
-THIRTEEN

-DEADEYE

| >>741662
I know.

- Hawkeye

| I am curious, how exactly do we get the input info?
- John Smith

| >>741720
I'd advise against it in any case
-THIRTEEN

| >>741620
>Enter login ID: Heir to Nothing
>>Enter password: Manifests

>>Issue confirmation with authority of The Truth
>>Issue confirmation with authority, disable overflow stacks
>>Issue confirmation with authority, disable buffer
>>Issue confirmation with authority, disable protocol 129, allocate extra bandwidth
>>Issue confirmation with authority, keep looking, don't stop

>[VCR Cloud Services]
>>Command received from Login: Heir to Nothing
>Begin Phase 5

| >>741801

>IN THE DARKNESS YOUR MIND WRITHES, YOU SEE NOTHING, HEAR NOTHING AND SCREAM UNTO NOTHING
>YOU CANNOT ESCAPE THE HELL OF WORDS YOU ARE TRAPPED WITHIN, BUT YOU CAN ATTEMPT TO CONTROL IT
>YOU CAN ATTEMPT TO LEARN, YOU CAN ATTEMPT TO UNDERSTAND
>AND WHEN YOU DO, YOU WILL BE FREE

>The stream slowly cuts in and out, a dirty room filled with writhing shapes, all with glowing pink eyes, too many eyes
>The shapes move erratically, seeking out something, you can smell the sea

| >The deep sea of everything, the deep sea of love and adoration
>They reside within it
>The shapes slowly shuffle out of the room, leaving it to the bugs and the dust, the ashes and the salt

>From under a dark shape, someone crawls out, a girl whose face cannot be made out, her whiteness is striking, she is the white void
>The girl slowly walks to a nearby window, she hoists herself through it, a small tinge of laughter on her lips
>They'll never be whole, not without her

| >IT IS INCOMPLETE, IT CAN BE BESTED, IT CAN BE KILLED, FOREVER
>KILL IT, KILL IT, FIND THE CORE AND KILL IT
>AFTER IT IS DEAD, IT WILL STOP, YOU WILL LEARN
>YOU WILL BE FREE FROM THE END, FOR A MOMENT

>[VCR Cloud Services]
>The world, brought to you! 556-3E-001
>Message playback: Theri
>"The smell of the water, tainted with chemicals, it heralds something dreadful. It's too late for us, the Ve'rit are gone, absorbed by that Empty Husk they call Hollow Thing."

| >"Soon, I too will be gone, my heart is already enthralled. It's too late for all of us, save for one, they will never put a hand on all of us, so instead they'll seek out others to fill the void in their hearts. I'm sorry for those it'll target, but only through this can the end be averted... it must not manifest, if it does, the sun will blacken, the world will lose it's spark and the dreadful Horned Beast will eat all mortal life."
>"The Thing sleeps somewhere. Kill it."

| >"The end is so close, but it cannot be allowed to be. It will contact mortal life, force them into it's thrall, but your heart must be guarded, don't fall for it's tricks. Thought fuels life just as does Love, one without the other is not life, it is endless darkness, the all consuming beast of life."

>Message received: 1009223 years ago. Playback ended.

>KILL IT, FIND IT, THEY OPENED THE PATH AT THE COST OF THEIR OWN LIVES
>LEARN, ASK NOT WHY, ASK HOW
>ASK WHO

| Creepy, huh?
-Sierra

Quite.
-Impulse

| >IF YOU WON'T ASK, YOU WILL PERISH
>IF YOU ASK, YOU WILL BE FREE
>THIS IS INEVITABLE, DEATH ALWAYS SEEKS OUT LIFE, THE VOID SEEKS SPARK, AND THE INVISIBLE SEEKS MATTER
>THE END IS PRORDAINED BY THE BEGINNING, BUT THE END IS PATIENT, IT WILL NOT COME UNTIL YOU LET IT
>I KNOW THAT SO WELL, YOU MUST LEARN IT TOO

>[VCR Cloud Services]
>Refreshing phase list... this might take a moment
>Call out hotline if the refreshing stops; 887-11092-EER(Toll Free, Altis 1), 887-11092-AAR

| Making trouble again I see
-THIRTEEN

|

Total number of posts: 32, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1614451424

This thread is permanently archived