danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
(Setting) Capsule Bar

| > The winter days of cheer are over in the Motor District, and life goes back to the normal everyone is used to. Megachristmas was always a nice distraction, at least for a little while.

>Inside the Capsule, everything looked about the same no matter the time of year so it's not like the people who hang around there even noticed. Same walls, same drifters lounging around, same bar.

| > What was different was the person that was hanging behind the bar. Instead of the usual Frank or Pete, it was now Dusty. She did look a little different than normal, having traded racing leathers for more traditionally feminine clothing.

> She did look a little uncomfortable, but she hid it well enough as she sat on a little ledge she'd made herself while waiting for people to show up. The whole space was empty, for once, and she was eager for that void to be filled quick.

| >A man enters the bar
>A prominant mustache, a baddly trimmed beard. short deep brown hair curly and unkept.
>Wearing a black felt coat.
>green eyes, who sit deeply into their sunken sockets, frowning.
>He approaches the counter and sits down on a chair.
>He flags the bar tender
"Anything strong, make it big"
>He says in a deep, tired, voice

| >>729140

> Dusty hops off their ledge and starts on making a drink, the choppy hair framing her face bouncing as she does so. The finished drink is fairly Amber and for a second she wonders if she made it right before serving it

“Okay! Here’s a big piledriver then! Pete swears by them so I think you’ll like them too.”

> Dusty sets it down in front of the man and gives a thumbs up

“You gonna pay as you go or you planning on staying here a spell?”

| >Another set of people enters the bar. The group was led by Impulse, dressed in a black hardshell jacket. As usual, a mask - a black two-hole balaclava - covered his face, making it hard to recognize him at first glance. He is flanked by two other figures, one is a man dressed in a similar outfit to Impulse's. The other is a woman dressed in a leather jacket and a beanie. Each has a pistol by their side.
>The trio made their way towards the counter.

"Hello Dusty, how it's going?"

| >>729146
>The man takes the piledrive, inspects it and swirls it around, his eyes looking upon the glass, inspecting every minute detail.
>He takes a sip
"I'll be here a while, I always am."
>He says, eyeing the pair that came in
"So long as it doesn't get too noisy, anyway"
>He turns back to Dusty
"Can I ask you a question tender?"

| >>729147

“Howd— Fuck, Hi, y’all. Take a seat and I’ll fix up drinks since my boy left again. One sec!

>>729148
>Dusty turns her attention back to the stranger

"Question? Uh... sure I guess? I can multitask, I think."

> She gets by the station, ready to make drinks again but keeping attentive to whatever she was going to get asked.

| >>729150
>The man's face stays unchanging, tiredness mixed with underlying shivers.
>He swirls the drink
"What do you see in front of you, what do you think I look like?"
>He asks, seriously, his eyes fix into yours.
>A deep stare, but somehow it seems like the man in front of you isn't all there. like something is missing.

| >>729153

> Dusty states back, confused. She furrows her brow and shrugs.

“You look like you could be Pete’s old man. Maybe a little less gray, I mean. But definitely you just look like someone who’s lived out in the wastes. I dunno. What kind of answer were you expecting?”

| >>729150
"Now that you mentioned it. Pete's doing fine, I hope?"

>Impulse replies in his usual RP accent as he and his companions take a seat.

"Oh right, you haven't met these fine folks yet. This bloke right here is Andrew..."

>He says as he gesture towards the other man, who waves at you and flashes you a smile.

"Hey hi, how you doing?"

>He greets you, he had no distinct accent.

| >>729155

> Dusty shifts back to her friends, looking a little looser now

“Oh, the Boy is fine! He had to go back to be with his wife and the baby for Megachristmas. Work can wait, he said. Also, hi Andrew. I’m Dusty. Now a bartender I guess, on top of whatever other things I am”

| >>729154
>The man smirks
"The wastes huh, not bad for an answer; plus seems like you're honest, good thing."
>he takes a larger swig this time, his eyes closed as he enjoys the taste.
"As for what I was expecting, Washed up is the word I usually expect, annoying is another; usually comes in a set"
>He says, simply
"I'm not denying it though, it's all true. I just like confirming it, making sure I haven't changed while I wasn't looking"

| >>729156
"Nice to meet you, Dusty. Oh, and you can call me Andy."

>Andy replies, he had no accent in his voice.

"...and this lady's Valentine, Andrew's sister."

>Impulse says as he turns to gesture towards the woman in leather, who also waves back.

"Hey there, Dusty, right?"

>Impulse then continues.

"Well, guess everyone has to be with their family for megachristmas, Red got his break to be with his girl as well."

| >Standing out from the usual electric vehicles outside was a red Crown Victoria with the words 'RED CAB' written in white on the side. The big boat of a car weaved its way through traffic and parked near the Bar. A slightly built young man with a flat driving cap and some old-fashioned clothes exited the vehicle and entered the bar. After glancing around briefly he sat at the bar and waited for the bartender Dusty to be free. He looked a bit tired, but not unhappy.

| >>729179

> Dusty waves hi and sets her elbows down at the bar to give a quick sigh

"Yeah. I almost went back with Pete for Megachristmas but decided not to this year. Me and Fox just spent it together which I guess was nice. Let me get these other dudes while y'all get nice and cozy, 'kay?"

>>729170
"Well, if you need anything else, just holler!"

>>729245

"Hey new boy, know what you're drinking or do you need a sec or five?"

| >>729255
"Sunshine cloud, please. A big one, actually. No karmotrine."
>He heard the talk of Megachristmas and gave a light chuckle.
"Heh. My grandpa and my friend Ys have to be the only people I know around here who still call it Christmas. I think the latter might just do it ironically or something, though."

| >>729255
>The man nods
"Sure, I'll do just that"
>He goes back to slowly nursing his drink

| >>729260

> Dusty gets to work making the drink, getting it made correctly, even though it might not be in the normal kind of glass that would come from a normal BTC bar.

"Oh yeah? I can only barely remember when it was just normal Christmas. Or I think so, anyway. Maybe i just found a box in the house without the Mega- part. It's been a while"

| >>729274
"A lot of people still treat it like regular Christmas where I'm from, Florida. Just a cultural thing, I guess. Or maybe just a lot of older people that didn't like being told Christmas wasn't Christmas anymore, or something."
> He idly watched her make the drink.
"I've been living in GC for about a year now. Haven't been in this part of town too much, though."

| >>729255
"Ha, yeah, and I was stuck with these two bastards playing Megachristmas songs on the piano and the guitar I got them. It just went on and on."

>Impulse says, chuckling as he put his arm around his two companions' shoulders.

"...and he enjoyed every fucking second of it."

>Andy adds, also chuckling.

"Guys, should we order? My throat's running dry."

>Valentine says.

| >>729280
"Oh, I see. Yeah, that makes sense to me. Not many people from other districts come here, since the gangs effectively run the place. But some of us like that, especially if you do more illegal shit from time to time, right you three?"

>>729305
"Y'all said stuff about music? I don't like the classic instrument type stuff, but i guess it's fitting for megachristmas time"

> Dusty sets the drink in front of the man and perches back up on her ledge, waiting for a new round

| >>729344
"I prefer the term 'Necessary Evil' but yes, we do something less than legal according to them corporate types."

>Impulse says.

"But let's not talk about that now. I'll have a gut punch if that can be managed. Andy's probably going for a piledriver, I believe..."

>He continues, looking over to his friend, who nods back.

"Yep, I'll have a piledriver."

>Andy confirms.

"I'll have a Blue Fairy, no Karmotrine, I'm banned from getting drunk for a month."

>Valentine says.

| "Boss just got me a guitar as a megachristmas gift so I'm trying to improve with it. Val's really good with her piano though, and her voice is just perfect."

>Andrew speaks up again, glancing over to his sister.

"Alright, that's enough, you're gonna make me blush."

>Valentine replies, her face already slightly turning red as a smile appears on it.

| >>729344
"Well, right now I'm just playing taxi driver until there's an opening again at the bar across town I usually work at, so nothing left of the law for me. Unless my grandpa comes up with some scheme to drag me into, but that's a rabbit hole I probably shouldn't go down."
> The man who was probably the last human taxi driver in GC thanked Dusty for the drink and took a sip. He seemed more than satisfied.

| >>729467
"My name's Miro, by the way. Sorry for not saying that earlier, I'm still not always the best at, well, social things."

| >>729407

"Okay, I'll get those drinks out then! Just don't break into song right now or I'll have to kick the lot of you out. Back when they're ready, 'kay?"

> Dusty gives them a nod and gets to work to making the drinks. She does work a little clumsily, but she has it down. Her dress sways around as she shakes drinks, something that she's not too happy about. Once they're done, she gives them as they asked and gave a confident nod

| >>729468

> Dusty gets back to Miro and nods, finally taking in what he had told her.

"It's maybe sometimes better to not get on the wrong side of the law. I ain't just livin' here 'cuz I like it. I mean... I *do* but... besides the point. Stay working at a bar. It's not for me, but maybe it's for you."

> She gives a shrug and adjusts her dress down. It looks surprisingly nice for the district

"Oh, I'm Dusty, by the way. I don't sign autographs unless Pistol Pete is around"

| >>729556
"That's affirm, I ain't got my guitar with me right now. Bit hard to carry around, ya know?"

>Andrew replies as he start chuging down his drink. The other two do the same.

"Damn, that's pretty good. I still wish there's karmotrine in this though."

>Valentine comments.

"Let's keep you sober, yeah?. You gave me both the most flattering and terrifying experience last time."

>Impulse says, Valentine didn't reply, but her face turns red again at the mention of last time.

| >>729565
“Glad you like the drink! I was given a basic course in this stuff so I’m just learning as I go along. Not like anyone complains anyway here.”

> She walks back over and pulls a can from underneath the counter, drinking the contents before throwing the can deftly into the trash can across the bar with little effort

“Last time you were drunk was that bad, eh? I’ve been there, girl. Too many fuckin’ times”

| >>729557 "Nice to meet you. Pistol Pete? I've never been good with names, but that doesn't ring a bell. You and him famous around here or something? I swear, I never know what's going on..."
> He drank more of the sunshine cloud. Lack of caffeine aside, it did seem to be helping him recover from the visible tiredness he had walking in.

| >>729647
"Well, it wasn't exactly bad..."

>Valentine says, still red but also smiling while she takes a small sip from her glass.

"Oh, you can say that, you were the one that did it. We still need to talk about that when we get back, by the way."

>Impulse replies, before downing the rest of his drink.

>Andrew leans in and whispers to Dusty, definitely not doing a good enough job.

>"She tried to make out with him."

"Because you bloody let her do it!"

>Impulse shouts.

| >>729692
"Eh, we had our infamy. Still do in some places, but we're retired now. At least for the most part. Unless there's a lot of Zen to be made, but that's unlikely."

>>729728

> Dusty blushes slightly, unsure of what to do now. She looks at Impulse and back to Valentine and turns her head away to regain her composure

"W-well, I guess that happens. Gotta learn to control what you do when you drink too much, but now I'll be sure to give you less... than none?"

| >>729731
"That would be much appreciated, thank you Dusty."

>Impulse says, quickly calming down.

"Yeah, thanks."

>Valentine replies. Her face is still red. She fiddles around with her glass as she thinks of something else to talk about. Both Valentine and Impulse averted their eyes from eachother.

>Andrew leans over again.

>"I ship them."

"Andy, shut up. Dusty, can I have another gut punch please?"

>Impulse says after a while, raising his empty glass for Dusty to see.

|

| >>729742

> Dusty stifles a laugh as she hops off her perch and fixes up another Gut Punch for Impulse. She sets it down in front of him and starts to crack her knuckles

"If you want him to shut up, I could always give him a real gut punch. But that sounds a little too mean, even by my standards"

| >>729747
"That could be appropriate, but I think I can handle my own folks, thanks on the offer though."

>Impulse politely replies with a grin as he takes the glass.

>"Look at them, they are so cute together."

>Andrew continues to whisper more while you prepare the drink.

"Um, does the offer stand for me? Give him like a little slap for me maybe?"

>Valentine starts.

| >>729756

"A slap? I don't know about that. My hands aren't exactly soft enough to not make it noticeable. Maybe if they keep it up, I might do it for me"

> Dusty flashes a sly grin and flexes her fingers as if eyeing up the best way to approach a slap

"Although, I shouldn't say anything anyway. Not with me and Pete being a pair, anyway..."

| >>730007
"Well, judging from what Red told us, I'm sure you two are quite a pair."

>Andrew replies, returning a smug grin.

"It's alright, I can do it myself."

>Valentine says as she reaches over Impulse to give Andrew a slap.

"Nope, ain't getting me."

>Andrew managed to get out of the way, making Valentine fall short onto Impulse's lap. Luckily, Impulse secures his glass of drink in time so that's less spill to deal with.

"Bloody hell, careful, almost knock my drink over."

| >"...and you're telling me they aren't cute together?"

>Andrew whispers to you again, purposefully letting them hear it this time.

>Valentine blushes once again as she recover herself, quickly getting up and back to her seat. Impulse just calmly looks over, and gives Andrew a punch, fairly light, but still strong enough to hurt a little.

"Yeah, okay, I deserved that."

>Andrew says as he get back up.

| >>729731 "Hmm... you know, now that I think about it more you and Pete's names sound more familiar. The bounty hunters, right? I'd ask how you ended up tending bar here, but I'm guessing the 'retired' part is the answer."
> By now he was about halfway done with his sunshine cloud.

| >>730070

> Dusty can't help but laugh at this whole situation. Despite her rough appearance and demeanor, she actually looked a little cute while doing this. She slaps the bar top a bit to help her get back into her groove and to settle the trio down

"Okay, okay you three... any more rowdiness and we're gonna have to cut you all off! HA just kidding, as if we really even do that here. No wonder you've been worn down Pulse"

| >>730366

> Dusty seems to perk up on hearing that someone remembers her for past exploits. She quickly swoops over slams down in front of Miro, her eyes shining like comets

"THANK YOU. Hold up I gotta-"

> She pulls her phone out and spins to take a picture of herself with Miro in the frame before turning back and pocketing her phone

"Sorry, you just helped me win a bet is all. Glad to know we're still remembered out there. Feels like ancient history even though it wasn't"

| >>730375
Miro smiled a bit.
"Honestly, I thought that was just me being bad at remembering things. I didn't realize people had forgotten about you that much. I'll admit I haven't heard a lot, just little bits, probably because I haven't been here very long."
> More of the sunshine cloud was consumed.
"I'll probably get going after I finish this. Driving that big boat of a car at night on unfamiliar streets is a bad idea on its own, and I'd rather not let myself get too tired."

| >>730374
"Yeah, I do wish I didn't pay them to follow my arse all the time."

>Impulse says, he sighs as he continues to drain

"Also, Andy, you're paying."

"Wait, what?"

>Andrew near spits out his piledriver when he heard it.

"...and you'd better give the lass a generous tip while you're at it."

>Impulse continues, glancing over at Dusty.

"Oh, and you are definitely still remembered by my group. Red really liked working with you and Pete."

| >>730376
"Eh, people here just don't know who we are for the most part but maybe that's better. I don't need more people looking to ghost me out there. If you need to pay, let me know, 'kay? I'll still be here if you forget, or I'll track you down too."

> She knocks against the bar as if to drive her point."

>>730377
"Aww I know we are! It's just nice for a girl to feel special sometimes. Plus I won a bet so it's even better!"

| >>730384
"Yeah, boss, it's nice for girls to feel special. Why don't you go ahead and give poor old Val a kiss. I bet that'll make her feel very special."

>Andrew says, gesturing towards Valentine, who is very heavily flustered as she continues sipping her drink.

| >>730389

> Dusty tries to stifle her laughs, crouching down behind the bar to get away even. She pops back up, shaking her head and messing up her hair even more

“Andy you’re gonna get punched by me even and that’s just for my own sake. But i like you enough to at least warn ya”

> She pulls a can out from underneath the bar and cracks it open, drinking some of it before putting it back

“I should get the hit in before Pulse skins you right here though...”

| >>730390
"I call dibs on first punch."

>Impulse says as he slams the glass on the counter and goes for a punch, but Andrew blocks it. Impulse manages to hit him on the second, and returns to his drink after doing so.

>Andrew pulls back from the punch pretty quickly and return to his seat.

"Alright, that one hurts a lot more."

>Valentine put her head on the counter beside her glass and wraps her arm around to try and hide her red face.

| >>730390
>The green-eyed man flags dusty with a short holler
"I'll take another drink, Tender; give me something that tastes terrible"
>He asks, before turning his head towards the other guests, he scratches his beard lightly
"Gettin' busy... and loud"
>He mutters

| >>730384
> He gave what for him was probably a hearty laugh.
"Trust me, even I'm not dumb enough to just waltz out of a place without paying. If I was I doubt I'd have lasted this long here."
> He glanced down the bar to where some punching, among other things, seemed to be going on but decided that tonight wasn't the night for that as he finished most of his drink in one go. The rest was finished shortly after and he placed payment on the counter, plus a decent tip.

| >>730408

> Dusty quickly gets to work fixing up a drink from bottles around her, slamming down a rocks glass that looks clear. It fizzes and has what looks like citrus floating in it

"Cheers! Ahh... it is getting loud, just the way a biker bar should be. This place is too quiet for my likin' sometimes. Drink's a gin and tonic. I dunno what tonic is but it tastes bad to me. Fuck gin."

| >>730540

> Dusty retires the glass and money, quickly wiping down the spot with a rag before giving Miro a sort of salute

"Thanks for the scratch, Miro. Hopefully you can stop by again soon when the whole place has the gang in."

> She hands back the credstick and rests her head on the counter momentarily before perking back up

"You said that you have driving to do? Don't be driving with four wheels after dark, unless you want bikers whippin' by you going 90-min"

| >>730608
"A classic it is, I guess those usually bring a bad taste to my mouth"
>The man chuckles at Dusty's honesty
"Maybe because it reminds me that everything has a better derivative, or that nothing can beat the original flash of inspiration... or maybe that's just thinking too deeply into things: It's bad practice I hear"
>He takes a large swig of the drink
"Can I ask you another question tender? A stupid one"

| >>730616

“Umm... I guess I mean why not? I’m in a decent enough mood for right now. I don’t think anything could break it right now, but that ain’t no invitation to try neither.”

> Dusty finishes her sentence and points at the man, as if a warning. She reaches back under the counter and drinks from more of the can she has stashed away. She seems refreshed by it

| >>730630
>The man smiles
"Not that kind of stupid, just generally"
>He pauses, and stares down into his glass longingly, before facing you again
"What do you think of pain?"
>His eyes seem to ask for a serious answer, despite the question's... vagueness

| >>730636

“Ehh??? What do I think of pain? It fuckin’ sucks! The only good thing about it is that it shows me what to avoid, like explosions and gunshots. The less pain I gotta deal with at any given moment, the better.”

> She crosses her arms and gives a huff, giving off the impression she’s much younger than she might appear to be.

“I’ll tell ya one thing that’s painful right now: the fact I can’t get a smoke in til I’m back in my place, and even then it’s only the walk there”

| >>730612
> He gave a happy grin and returned the salute, though his face grew a bit more worried after she mentioned the bikers
"Thanks for the advice. Not much I can do about it now, though, so I guess I'll just have to be careful. And I'll definitely be back. Nice talking with you."

| > Something about that exchange seemed to boost poor Miro's confidence! Perhaps the salute. As he walked out to his car he glanced left and right for bikers, but unfortunately the problems he'd be dealing with tonight would be much furrier and have much sharper teeth.

| >>730640
>The man laughs
"Well, that makes sense, I'd say"
>He gives a toothy grin
"I also could go for a smoke right now, I guess that is a pain, ahah!"
>He laughs once more
"Sorry I asked something so stupid, see i'm one of those guys; you know the ones: crazies who think about shit all the time, the kinda folk people would call auteurs or some other bullshit, creative types have at you."
>He takes a swig of his drink
"You know what I'm talkin' about right?"

| >Andrew finishes his drink and tries to get Dusty attention by raising up his empty glass for her to see.

"Talking about pain. Can I have another drink, maybe something to help with this pain I'm feeling right now."

>Impulse laughs.

"Yeah, get the bloke a gut punch. That'll help him."

| >>730651

> Dusty cocks her head to the side, unsure of what to make of him. She looks visibly confused, but shakes her head to rid herself of the thoughts and feeling.

“Nah, I don’t think I do know. Sorry pal. That’s just stuff I ain’t never learned with Pete, probably ‘cuz he ain’t never cared either”

> She shrugs and does an odd face, before realising what she’s doing. She blushes and coughs a bit before getting back to her usual self

| >>730727

> Dusty notices the empty glass and quickly grabs it out of Andy’s hand. She fixes up another gut punch in no time and slides in front of him as if she’d always been a bartender. The glass wobbles as it slides.

“Here ya go. Put a little extra kick in there, maybe it’ll help you stop hurting so much. Maybe it’ll make us hurt you even more. I’m excited to see what’s what!”

> She flashes a cheeky grin and goes to clean her current dirty glasses and shaker

| >>730765
"Ha, thanks, you're the best."

>Andrew takes a small sip, then put the glass back down.

"Yeah, I think we should get going as well. What do you think guys?"

>He looks back at the others.

"Alright, let me finish my drink first."

>Impulse replies, chuging down his remaining drink.

"Yeah, maybe we should leave."

>Valentine, still flustered, agrees. She also finishes up her drink.

"It's decided then."

| >>730959

“Y’all gonna head out then? Stay safe out there then. I think some of the gangs might be antsy and seeing y’all pack might give them the wrong ideas”

> She knocks on the faux wood countertop as if to bring good luck and ward away the bad

“Maybe they’ll know you’re not from here though. They don’t take their affairs past the district boundary”

| >>731240
"Well, that'll give these two something to do other than follow me all day and be annoying."

>Impulse replies, laughing.

"Stop lying, I know you love our company, especially my sister's."

>Andrew objects.

"See what I mean?"

| >>731389

"Psshhhhh you mean to tell me little ole me has more willpower than you? I'm sure you can deal with them just a little while longer"

> Dusty laughs and tosses a shaker into the air as if were one of her pistols

"Maybe we can all go do something if it gets that bad. I think there's someone who rigged up a shooting gallery around here in one of the sewer tunnels"

| >>732213
"Well, that's a tempting offer. Another time, perhaps, another time."

>Impulse replies, as Andrew leave the pay alongside a good amount of tips on the table.

"Remember, you and your partner's welcomed to use my range anytime."

>He continues before he walked out the door, followed by the flustered Valentine.

"Well, nice meeting you, see you around maybe."

>Andrew takes another second to say a little good-bye before he follows Impulse out the door of the establishment.

| >>732219

"Nice meeting y'all too! Don't kill Pulse or anything!"

> Dusty waves and laughs a little as she does. Once she sees her friends leave, she stretches a bit and cracks her back while doing so. Despite her small frame, she looks quite sturdy and strong

|

|

| >A slim man enters the bar, his brown hair carefully tucked behind his ears. A comfortably knitted beige shawl wraps around his sides and a set of rectangular glasses rest upon the bridge of his nose.
>He sits down at one of the stools of the bar and smiles politely at the woman behind the counter.

"Nice atmosphere, I could see myself doing a reading here."

>He rests his wrists upon the countertop.

"I'd like something cool, and pleasant to taste, please. Any will do."

| >>733675

> Dusty scoffs a little at the comment of the nice atmosphere. She gets to work mixing a drink as she draws nearer

"If you think this is nice, you should see it when its full up with the gangs around. That's when it looks totally like a biker bar. Noisy and rowdy and oh so wonderful. Anyway, here's the drink, boy"

> Dusty places a drink in front of the man. It smells like a Cobalt Velvet, even if the glass is wrong

| > The man cheerily picks up the glass and takes a sip at it before turning and glancing at the open room behind him.

"I imagine that would be quite lovely, actually. It would be charged with energy from all of the people."

> He spun back around in his seat to face the bartender and took another polite sip from his Cobalt Velvet, giving a hum of appreciation at its fizz.

"My name is Edgar, by the way, I'm somewhat new to the city after making a fresh start with a new business."

| >>733926
“Oh? Well then Ho—howdy, Edgar. I’m Dusty. Starting fresh ain’t a bad plan here. Wait.... you’re not... no, his real name wasn’t Edgar. I almost confused you with someone else.”

> She shrugs and hops onto a portion of counter to sit on. She adjusts her dress for a more comfortable perch, her boots thumping the cabinets

“Whatcha do? Business I mean? My roommate has his own thing and I might be fixin’ somethin’ too”

| "It is a pleasure to meet you, Dusty, and I'm sorry that you might have had me confused with someone else."

> He adjusts his glasses and wraps his fingers around his drink before leaning comfortably onto the counter.

"Lovely you should ask, I run a small tea shop by myself. We serve a nice variety, at least what I can still get my hands on in this part of the world. I can't say it has quite the energy this establishment does, though."

| >>733944
"Oh, a tea place? I think Fox might like something like that. Also don't sweat me getting you mixed up for Missile Kid, he was always kind of weird."

> Dusty perches up once more on the countertop behind her, adjusting her dress as she settles into a comfortable position

"I guess there's something for everyone. I don't really like tea, but it's not like its common in the circles I ran in with my partner"

| >Two figures enter the bar, one was an average looking man wearing a black parka jacket and a beanie. The other is an older guy in military camo. Both are openly carrying a pistol. Dusty might recognize the younger man as Sabre.

"Oh hey, G'day, miss, can't quite remember your name."

>Sabre calls out as he reaches the counter and recognizes Dusty.

| > Edgar nods gently along with Dusty's words. Contentedly nursing on the Cobalt Blue in his hands.

"It's fine, it's why I serve things other than tea, confectionaries are always popular. Well, pastries and cakes more so than anything else."

> When the door opens, Edgar casually glances at the two men who now contributed to the company and energy of the bar.

"Oh, the two of you look quite tough. Would either of you be interested in a reading? Perhaps over a nice drink!"

| >>734601
>The smaller man looks at Edgar and then do a 180 on his seat to turn back to look at his bigger companion. The bigger guy shrugs and Sabre turns back to you.

"Well, alright then, mate. But you'll have to read to me. What's your name."

>He says. The guy speaks somewhat quickly but still clearly. He also has a distinct Australian accent. He has a cheeky grin on his face as he addresses you.

| > Edgar nods politely before reaching into his pocket and pulling out a set of black glossy cards. He hums as he shuffles them idly before glancing up at the Aussie.

"We'll just do a generalized reading, we'll consider it a blank slate for today."

>Edgar carefully prepares his deck before laying out his cards.

"You have... The Sun, you are feeling good today, good news. The Devil, you want something you cannot have. The Empress, you're feeling insecure about... money perhaps?"

| >>734340

> Dusty blinks a few times as she tries to remember their names as well. She looked down at the bartop and seems to really struggle with it

"Err.... Hi! Umm... Sword.... brothers? S-Scimitar? The name is uh... Dusty. I'm glad you didn't call me by the *other* name. Need some beers?"

> She stares on at what's going on with the cards. She doesn't recognise any of them, but still looks interested anyway

| >Adjusting his glasses, Edgar continued his reading for the fellow.

"Temperance, Wheel of Fortune, The Tower... Okay, Things are going to be good for you, very good; however, you should be careful where you go looking for prosperity. Don't be overprotective and avoid blackmailing. You should handle difficulties well. You're going to have some really bad luck, and some huge decisions... You're about to go through a period of great change."

> Edgar smiles, and then gently shrugs.

| >>734695 >>734805
"Hold on, didn't realize you were a fortune reader. You don't look quite the part, do ya? I thought we were gonna have a fun time telling stories about the red riding hood or some shit."

>Sabre replies, laughing.

>>734803
"Yeah, the name's Sabre, and this gigantic cunt over here's Golem."

>Sabre turns to introduce his companion, who also greets Dusty.

"Guten tag, Dusty."

>The big man speaks more slowly and had a heavy tint of german-ish accent in his voice.

| >>734820

"Sabre, right! Sorry, I'm not awesome with names. Hey there big guy. Golem is a fitting name, especially when standing next to li'l ol' me. What can I fix you boys up? What about you Edgar? Still doin' a'ight?

>>734805

> Dusty points at Edgar with a finger gun, pretending to shoot. She moves as if her hand was a real revolver, even twisting her elbow like someone experienced would

| >>734867
"Well, I'll have a beer if you have them."

>Golem replies.

"That makes the two of us, two beers."

>Sabre adds.

| >>734920

"A pair of beers it is then. Y'all are getting the canned stuff since I think it's better than the stuff mixed back here, got it?"

> Dusty pulls two big cans of beer out of a fridge disguised as a cabinet. She sets them in front of the two men and pulls a switchblade out of... somewhere... while doing so. She flicks the blade out and opens the cans up for them to drink

"Cheers, you two!"

| >>735146
"Yo, sick fridge. Cheers, mate."

>Sabre comments as he takes the can.

>Golem does the same and chugs down half the can before slamming it down on the counter and wiping his mouth.

"Nicht schlecht, not bad."

| >A blonde man on his mid twenties enters the bar, he's wearing a black blaze, a stained white shirt and some quite large bags under his eyes.

>He makes his way to the counter looking way too energetic for what his face is showing and takes the first free seat he could grab, raising a finger to get the tenders' attention.

| >>735188

"I'll drink to that!"

> Dusty grabs her bagged can under the counter and raises it up to them before drinking some more out of it. As she finishes her pull, she sets the bagged can on the bartop and notices the new person at the bar

>>735244

"You look like a wageslave that lost their way home, guy. Need a drink to help you get yer bearings back?"

| >>735292
"Close but no cigar"

>He smiled and looked down at his attire, pulling on the blazer for adjustment

"I just like how this stupid thing looks on me, you got anything that'd wake me up or knock me out entirely? Any of the two would do me just fine now"

| >>734820

>Edgar smiles politely before gently tilting his glass towards Sabre and sipping what is left of his nursed Velvet.

"Well, it's just a hobby. I find that rarely do people 'look' the part for what they like to do on the side."

>>734867

"Why yes, Miss Dusty, I'm doing perfectly fine. Unfortunately, I do believe it is time to leave as I have far too many errands."

>Edgar stands and pays for his drink, leaving a sizeable tip in its place and leaving.

"Farewell!"

| >>735345
> Dusty waves them off and gets back to focusing on the new person that asked for a drink

>>735337

"Err... okay then? I dunno what you're expecting to get so I'm just gonna make something I guess. No whining if it's wrong"

> Dusty goes to start mixing up a drink of some kind. She doesn't seem to have anything to tell her how to do this, oddly. The drink she does end up making and sliding over is very red."

"These always wake me up. Spicy was never my thing."

| >>735345
>Once Edgar is out of the bar, Sabre turns to face Golem once again and let out a light chuckle.

"Crikey, what was that? Weird bloke, don't ya think?"

>Golem shrugs with his mouth stuffed with the can of drink. Only actually replying after having finished off the entire can.

"Ja, don't know either."

>The Aussie turns his attention to the new guy.

"G'day, mate. You seems new 'round here. What's your name?"

| >>735399
"Worry not, whining is the last thing I'd do lady"

>He held up the glass as it was served, taking a look at it while rotating it slightly

"..And this one is definitely gonna do it, thanks there!"

>>735406
“You talking to me man?"
>He turned while sipping now
"If so the name's Neil, and you are looking as local as a person can be"

| >>735482
>Sabre puts his can down, claps his hand, and laughs.

"I like you already. Well, besides the blazer, not exactly my style. The bags under them eyes can use a little work as well, know what I mean?"

>He says, reaching out his hand before he continues talking.

"Ah, bloody hell, I'm rumbling again. I'm Sabre. Sounds local enough, innit?"

| >Meanwhile, Golem took the chance to steal Sabre's untouched can of beer.

"Oh, fuck off, you gluttonous Austrian bastard."

"What, you didn't even drink it."

>Sabre turns to wave to Dusty again.

"Um, Dusty, can I have another beer?"

| >>735482 >>735490

> Dusty nods as if trying to seem more sagely than she really is. She bends down and grabs another beer, popping it open once again with her switchblade

"Another beer. Glad y'all like what yer drinkin' so far. I wish I had more of *this* stuff but I dunno where kitty even got it from. I'll have to ask him"

> She holds the bagged can once more and finishes it before setting it back on the bartop.

| >>735489
"With the names that go on this city? sabre is just local enough for me 'mate'"

>Neil patted the bags on his eyes, it seems he was either unaware of their existence or just forgot they were there; he shrugged it off before taking a larger sip of his drink
"Place is nice though, I'm not a bar drinker and damn this feels like home"

| >>735680
"Kitty? Who is that, your 'special' freund?"

>Golem replies, secretly trying to reach for the recently opened can of beer. However, Sabre manages to take it before he could.

>>735770
>Sabre takes some of the beer before setting it on the table and continuing.

"See? This is why I like ya, you're getting my vibes. Where're you from, if you don't mind me asking."

| >>735770

> The walls were adorned with old motorcycle memorabilia, if one wanted to use a nice word for it. Vests, jackets and parts of motorcycles used as decoration, but clearly not very well taken care of. Neon signs for old brands also provide provide more ambiance of a true biker bar.

"Glad you like it. It does remind me a bit of the places Pete and I would stop and get information at in our heyday. Good times, me and him..."

> Dusty stares off, reminiscing a bit

| >>735774

"My special– FOX!?"

> Dusty slams down on the bartop hard with a clenched fist. The nearby cans clatter from the shock of the impact. All the while, Dusty laughs incredibly hard, eventually calming down and regaining her bearings

"No No GODS No. That's just what I call my roommate Fox. I asked him how to say fox in Japanese and I think it's "Kit-soon?" But at the time I thought it sounded like kitty and it just stuck. Oh wow, I needed that laugh thank you"

| >>735779
>The laugh did startled Sabre a little. He turns his attention towards you a little. He gives you a cheeky grin and a wink.

"Alright, if that's what you say. We can keep this a little secret between us, yeah?"

| >>735786
“I’ll keep it a secret from him too then. Don’t worry. I’m good at holding onto secrets”

> Dusty flashes a too-sweet smile and crushes her empty can of... tea. That’s what she’s been drinking the whole time it seems. She burps and she tosses the can into the trash bin. Truly, she knew how to make herself look good.

“At least the kid knows where to find good stuff. Being a courier looks like it has perks, I guess”

| >>735774
"NSF was born and raised, though I've been here in Glitch for a couple years now"

>Neil kept hitting his drink like a hammer hits on a nail

"I'm one of those fools that moved here voluntarily; I'd naturally ask where you're from too but c'mon.. All about you screams 'Austrian'"

>>735776
"I see craftsmanship I know craftsmanship, but you sound like you need something with.. Actual karmotrine?"
>He said watching the cans rolling after the sudden display of.. Emotion.

| >>735797
>Sabre does a fingergun and gives Dusty another wink before taking another drink from the can and replying.

"Thia is gonna be my top secret, don't you worry."

>>735870
"Ah, another American. There's plenty of you bastards 'round here, isn't there."

>Sabre does give you a confused look at the mention of 'Austrian'.

"Austrian? No no, you shouldn't be getting me mixed up with this sad hunk of living male hormone now. No, I'm Aus'tra'lian. That sad bastard's Aus'trian'."

| >>735870

"I just want a cigarette, to be honest. But I have to wait like i promised. Fuckin bullshit..."

> Dusty pretends to pout before breaking into a stretching her back out once more, even craning her neck to crack it. A few loud pops can be heard, and she looks more relaxed after having done so

>>735874

> Dusty gives a thumbs up, as if indicating she's okay with that scenario happening

"Austria and Australia aren't the same?"

| >>736017
"No no no, lass. Australia, for one, is clearly superior. We have roos. Oh, so glorious roos."

>Sabre replies, seemingly filled with pride over the mention of the marsupial.

"They also lost a war against oversized emo chickens that one time."

>Golem adds mockingly with a chuckle.

"Emus, and those feathery cunts are more tanks than animals. That, and the bloke that tried to kill them had half a brain left, like."

| >>736132

“No, no c’mon y’all gotta be fuckin’ the with me here. A war against birds? Wouldn't that like, be on the news? Australia’s got to be tiny, wherever it is, to lose a war to birds”

> Dusty crosses her arms and glares down both of them. She’s clearly not able to believe anything of a supposed war against birds of all things

| "Hell we used to have laser eyed fishes on flooded district so I can see it happening, a goddamn country losing a war against birds"
>Neil downed the rest of his drink, showing no sign of that little thing called self-control

"I keep getting mixed up which one was the island and which one was the war-starter, all Europeans look the same to me anyway-"

| >>736137
"Australia is big, mate. Well, was big, most of it's underwater now but that's beside the point. And we didn't exactly lose, we just wasted way too much ammo on slaughtering them birds and so we just gave up, put a bounty on all their cheeky heads and called it a day."

>Sabre drinks the rest of the beer so he can take a break and catch his breath.

| >>736138
"That's true, Austria did start that war."

>Sabre continues after finishing the can. It was now Golem's turn to start talking.

"Nein, we didn't start the war. The dirty serbs did. They killed the archduke and ran away, the Scheißkerl."

| >>736199
"Arch-what now? I'm talking about the guy with the funny moustache, I'm preeeeeetty sure it was you guys, then the French surrendered for no reason and the Americans saved everyone like always"

>Neil looked at the bottom of his glass trying to figure out what made his drink so good

| >>736229
"Nein, the French didn't even surrender and the Americans were a bunch of pussies in that war. Came in at the end and took all the credits. Fucking doughboys."

>Golem also finishes his second can of drink and set it on the table.

| >>736337
"No no you got it all wrong friend the French surrendered as soon as the Austrians came knocking at their door, then begged for the Americans to save their ass and we did, I know my history!"
>'Know'

| >>736436
"Alright, then, bruder. If that's what they teach you in Neo-SF, then we won't need to be talking about this any longer."

>Golem replies.

| >>736683 >>736436

> Dusty stares at the two parties, not really sure quite what to do. She had already lost the plot they were talking about and just stood, confused. She decided to hop back onto the counter top behind her to pull her phone out to check something with, as well as take a picture of herself, apparently

| >>736683
"Ok ok listen I'm not the brightest but I'm an expert at telling when I pissed people off, can I buy you a drink to make up for it my strong accented freund?"
>Neil insisted, looking at least honest with that question

| >>736826
"If you think that's how he's like when he's pissed, you're in for a treat, mate."

>Sabre chimes in, laughing.

"No siree, he's not pissed at all, he's just too drunk to talk about history. The drink's gotten to the sad bastard's head."

>Golem turns around and gives Sabre a look which shuts him up completely. He turns back.

"Well, alright, if you insist, you can buy me a drink, ja."

| >>736907
"See, drinking is always the solution. If the question is how to make peace with a German"

"Oi dusty"
>Neil tries to get her attention waving his hand slightly to her direction
"That's the name, right? I heard 'im calling you that. Can you refill us and tell me how much I'll owe so far?"

| >>737062

> Dusty jumps up to attention, landing on the floor with a heavy thud. Seems that even while in a dress, she can't help but keep her boots on.

"Oh, what's up? Uhhh... By my count, y'all got five beers. So that's about... A thou' in zenny. You want to square up right now or you gettin' this guy another drink. That's what I think I heard, at least"

> She moves to grab two new beers, opting now to simply open them using her fingers like a normal, sane person.

| >>737062
"If only it's that easy."

>Sabre chimes in once again, prompting another look from Golem to shut him up. Sabre finishes his drink in silence

>Golem finishes his current drink before taking another from Dusty and chugging down some of it.

| >>737289
"Both sweetheart, I want my tab and I want to put these last two there"
>Neil took the second beer looking quite amused with the thud
"I liked the blade trick though"

>>737556
>Neil lets a nervous chuckle escape him
"You sure have a threatening look, for a European-"

| >>737975

“So then that’s.... uhhhh..... sure okay it’ll be like, 1500 zen. At least that’s what I think it’s all added up to. I’ll take a stick or cash whenever”

> She once more draws her switchblade, half inspecting it and half showing it off

“Learned the trick with the knife after Pete caught me opening stuff with magazine feed lips. That really pissed him off when I was younger”

| >>738341
"Yep, no, I wouldn't recommend doing that either."

>Sabre replies.

>>737975
"What was that?"

>Golem turns back.

"Which American or Asian did you see that was so scary."

| >>738341
"That's unnecessarily badass and has my seal of approval, maybe next time I come here I'll bring a magazine"
>He raised his can in a 'cheers' motion to that, then flinched slightly to Golem's voice
>>738347
"W-Well I have a friend who looks both and he's got this big chunk of metal for an arm I'd say that's pretty scary"

| >>738678

"Pssh no need. I can demonstrate right now, just give me a second..."

> Dusty moves towards the edge of the bar and starts digging around in a bag. A click can be heard some rustling. Dusty comes back with what looks like a single-stack pistol magazine and a can of iced coffee

"See, it's dead easy. Probably easier if I had one from my rifle."

> She forces the feed lips across the top and opens the can loudly, spilling some coffee even

| >>738794
>Golem stays silent, watching Dusty open the can with the magazine.

>Sabre, isn't so quiet.

"No! No! Bloody hell no! That's not a smart play at all."

| >>739101

"Yeah yeah... I know... I can wear out the spring and mess up the follower and the feed lips. It's not like I make a habit of it any more! Didn't think someone that wasn't Pete would chew me out."

> Dusty pouts and crosses her arm, clutching the magazine tight. She lightens up quickly and sets the mag down before drinking from the can

"Eh I'll get over it"

| >>739126
"You're lucky this ain't the army, every single bastard will chew your arse off for that. Whose mag even is that?"

>Sabre replies, this might be the first time you've seen him frown since he's arrived.

"That looks like a 1911."

>Golem chimes in, pulling out his own pistol and taking out the magazine to compare. You can see the hollowpoint .45 rounds in it as he does so."

| >>739130

"It *was* a 1911 magazine at some point. We had to refit them for 10mm auto, see?"

*She holds the magazine out and points at grooves pressed into the side of the body, as well as showing off the heel, which had a big 10 stamped on it*

"10 millimeter, because I'm too big for a 9 and too small for a 12. Also it's *my* magazine for my iconic piece. Thank you very much."

| >>739134
"Whoa lassie, I didn't mean to be rude, mate. I just don't want you go around messing people's magazine up without their consent."

>Sabre replies, laughing.

"Can I see your piece, by the way. I wanna see whose is beefier between yours and the Austrian cunt."

| >>739281

> Dusty bounces over back to her bag and quickly returns with her pistol. It looks like a target-modified 1911, complete with a longer slide and even a ported barrel. The stainless steel frame was starting to lose its shine. Scratches and other blemishes added to the lack of finish

"Don't let appearances fool you, gentlemen. She shoots like a dream and I wouldn't want anything else at my side."

| >>739625
"Not bad, fruendin. My turn."

>Golem pulls out his own pistol from his holster.
>The pistol itself is slightly shorter has a shorter barrel and slide compared to Dusty's. Its G10 grips and the black cerakote finish shows a bit of wear in some places. The rail on the underside has a flashlight attached. The slide has additional front serrations, with 'Springfield Armory' on one side and 'Operator Cal .45' on the other as well as 'TRP' right behind the rear serrations.

| >>739631

> Dusty looks at the gun very intently as she fiddles with her own pistol absentmindedly. She looks as if she's trying to take it apart in her head. She soon turns her head and idly tosses her piece under the counter with a thud

"Yours is pretty nice too. Sometimes I forget people hang stuff of their guns. Weird, huh?"

> She shrugs and leans on the counter, staring at Golem rather closely

"Maybe I'm just the weird one, right?"

| >>740071
>Sabre is on edge from how Dusty fiddles with her guns and almost jumps a little when Dusty threw her pistol under the table, almost anticipating the thing to go off.

>Golem pulls the slide back a little to check if the bullet's still in the chamber, it is. He cock the hammer and engages the safety of the pistol before putting it back in his holster.

"You certainly are a strange woman with how you handle your gun."

>Golem replies

| >>740090

> Dusty leans over closer, basically supporting herself on the counter with just her arms. She seems as if she’s trying to get as close as she can to Golem, which isn’t very far considering her height and lack of real trying

“Awww do you really mean that? If you think that’s a nice way to talk to a girl like me...”

> She pushes herself off the counter to a standing position once more, landing solidly

“Then you’re probably right. But only to me. “

| >>740369
"Well, nice is not the word I would use."

>Golem picks up the can of beer again and down the rest of it, unfazed by what Dusty was trying to do.

"I wouldn't trust you around my guns, that's for sure."

>Sabre says as he also finishes up his drink.

| >>740373

"Awww.... you boys are no fun. I guess I'm depressed now then,"

> Dusty leans against the counter behind her, keeping her eyes focused on the whole of the bar. Despite her arguably playful demeanor, her general presence still held seriousness

"I think I'll be okay, not like there are many firearms I can comfortably shoot anyway that aren't handheld"

| >>740522
"Well, we'll be taking our leave now. Danke, for the drink, Frau Dusty."

>Golem stands up, leaving some cash on the counter, plus a good amount of tips. He leaves.

"Well, nice meeting you again, lass."

>Sabre says with a playful wink and follows Golem out of the bar.

| >>740543

"Bye-bye, don't forget to come back soon, y'hear?"

> Dusty waves them off as she cleans off where they were just sitting. As she finishes, she tosses the trash where it's supposed to go and once more sits on the counter behind her, wondering when the next excitement will show up

Total number of posts: 140, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1613788510

This thread is permanently archived