danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
(Setting) G&K CafeBar

| >Remaining in a small, easiy-to-miss alley, five minutes away from the Central District main street, for quite a while now is a G&K CafeBar. Small, warm, quiet haven with oldschool, 1960-th themed wooden furniture and yellow gas lamps.
>It is generally only known to a few chosen, but occasionaly a stranger finds their way inside.
>This cafe location has completely cemented itself inside of Springfield family members' minds, and remains their favorite meeting spot and safe heaven.

| >Being a relatively small cafe, it only features a couple of tables and a counter. Sleepy mafioso guard sits reading a huge holo-paper in the corner near the exit.
>Behind the counter stands a young woman in creamy white apron over chocolate sundress. Her waist long, chestnut color hair is tied up in twin tails, giving her a girly appearance. Soft smile on her face makes her deep, green eyes seem even deeper, diverting attention from the thin scar on her left temple.

| >A charming addition to the cafe interior, a young girl in waitress uniform is standung, ever stoic, by the entrance. Her bright red eyes shine in the hall's twilight, and shoulder blade length, fluffy blond hair is tied into a ponytail — a large lotus hairpin replacing her usual green ribbon.

| > "Can you hear me Major Tom~" — cries silently the old music box near the bar counter.

| >The door swings open as a tall pale woman enters the bar. The figure has pale skin and long blonde hair which heavily contrasts with her choice of clothing - dark-colored with heavy emphasis on various shades of black and grey. A black fleece buff cover her face from the nose down, the thick fabric shielding her face from the cold as well as providing a degree of animosity.

| >A hooded cloak is clad over her clothing, and a glimpse under it reveals a Smersh load-bearing equipment which is presumably used to carry the magazines for her carbine-length Kalashnikov openly slung over her shoulder. She eyes the guard with the holo-paper as well as the waitress as she walks in to observe their reactions to the rifle on her back.

| >>724168 >>724167
"We would ask you to deposit your arms, ma'am." — >The waitress said, elegantly strafing to the side of the newcomer and placing her hand onto a big strongbox built into the wall next to the entrance.
— "They will be stored safely until you decide to depart the establishment." — >She continued.

>Mafioso guard in the corner seemed to pay the happenings no heed.

| >>724179
>The girl just silently nods and walks over. She unloads the rifle and put it in the strongbox. She also takes out a suppressed pistol from a holster which hidden under her cloak and do the same as with the rifle. She hesitates a second more, but also deposits her hidden combat knife as well.
>She then approaches the counter, looking at the menu.

| >>724265
>The menu book in front of her was surprisingly big for a small cafe like this. Unlike most places that used holo-tablets, this menu was made of an actual, real paper and encased into a leather cover sewn together. And, apparently, handwritten. It was more of a calligraphy piece, than a menu, with each word and each letter unique. It included multiple categories, such as cold and (surprisingly for a cafe) hot meals, as well as alcohol drinks.

| >Amusingly, one of the items in the Miscellaneous category was 'service from the owner'.
— "Welcome to the G&K," — >came the bartender woman's soft, mellow voice with just the slightest hint of raspiness in it,
— "We don't get new customers very often."

| >>724331
>The girl scans through the menu quickly, she decides to not bring up the 'service from owner', but makes a mental note off it nonetheless.

"I'll have a espressso."

>She asks, her voice was surprisingly soft, but also filled with a degree of confidence. She speaks with a faint, barely audible slavic accent.
>She glances back at the menu again.

"Actually, what would you recommmend for a meal?"

| >>724342
"Weeell~," — >the bartender mused bringing a finger up to her chin as the coffee machine began its whirring alongside a small teapot somewhere just below the counter,
— "it's quite cold outside today, is it not? Mike has been experimenting a lot with Ajiaco recently, and let me tell you, nothing quite beats a hot hearty beef soup on a cold winter day." — >She smiled warmly, as if reflecting back upon the taste.
— "Or if you dislike meat, something more veggie?"

| >>724351
"It's been a rough day so I might as well indulge."

>She replies, pulling down her mask. She can probably be described as beautiful by most standard. Her face is a little on the thin side, but she's attractive enough with her bright blue eyes and blonde hair.

"The soup sounds good, I'll have one of those and the coffee, thank you."

| >>724370
"I think we should have it mostly ready but it will still be some 20 or so minutes," — >bartender replied, somewhat apologetically, and walked up to the door leading somewhere in the back of the building,
— "Mike, set one more bowl aside, will you? It's for the guest!" — >She raised her voice. It would probably have been easier to just open the door, but the muffled mumbling from the other side seemed to prove the message delivered.

| >She returned to the counter and went back to her magicks.
— "Actually we had some already cooking for our own lunch, you see," — >the bartender smiled mischievously over the sound of the grinder distributing the grounds,
— "it takes quite some time to finish, so if we manage to talk the guest into ordering some, we can serve it very quickly without having to prepare much. But that's a secret!" — >She whispered with a wink as she tamped the grounds.

| >>724388
"Oh, I see..."

>She replies, her face is almost expressionless. She fumbles around in her pocket for her wallet.

"It's alright, I can wait. How much will that be?"

>She asks, pulling some cash out of her black canvas trifold wallet.

|

| (cont. tomorrow)

|

| >>724490
— "Hmm, let me see..." — >the bartender woman mused over the sound of coffee machine whirring.
— "It would be 600 zeny including the coffee, but you can have the coffee on the house." — >She smiled, as if she's just thought up of something amusing.
— "That is, if you can pay me for it with an interesting story instead."

| >>725722
>The girl looks back, a tiniest of smile appearing on face.

"Deal. Can I have the coffee first? I don't like telling stories on an empty stomach."

| >>725779
>The bartender nodded and concentrated on performing her rituals.

>It was a solid couple of minutes of silence, when a small porcelain cup made landfall upon the table in front of the guest, steam rising above the creamy surface.
— "Our own blend," — >the lady of the house said, flaunting her smug expression,
— "Italian roast, dark chocolate and oranges, perfect for the upcoming Mega-Chistmas. Handpicked the beans myself, hmm." — >She added, nodding arrogantly to herself.

| >>726175
>The girl takes the cup and takes a seat at the counter. She takes a sip and savors the tastes of the blend. She wipes her face, pondering about what story she should tell.

"So, I'm gonna tell you about a cult. I'm not really sure about the specifics, I think the Savior cult or something they are called. So yeah, real fanatics, ritual sacrifice, all those things."

>She starts telling, pausing to take another sip from the cup.

Total number of posts: 23, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1609128325

This thread is permanently archived