danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
(Setting) The Underpass, downtown 2

| >Chanka stands completely motionless. she gives Selena and Kitakata a look, and then turns to everyone else
"Yeah okay, no weaseling your way out now, you're all coming along to the precinct"

| >>699598
"Eh, it's fine, they're just in the United States."
>CN says, matter of factly in reply to Nym

| > Selena grew worried of the situation and now her worry is justified. She returns the look. It's a mixture of dumbfounded, confused and exhausted.

"God.. What the hell."

> She glares at CN and his group and to that riddling woman.

"This is going to be one hell of a paperwork..."

| >>699600
"... How???"

>>699599
"I'd really rather not"

| >Kitakata scratches the back of his head.

"If the BCD gets a word of this..."

>He looks toward Chanka and Selena.

"I don't think either of you are with the BCD, but you're probably aware of the political situation. Can we agree to keep this situation under wraps, or at least away from need-to-knows?"

| >>699600

"You, sir, are far too nonchalant about the situation. At least say something like, 'teleportation,' 'cloaking devices,' or 'magic.'"

>Kitakata says as he dials a phone.

| >>699602
"I didn't ask now did I, c'mon it's just to get your story before you lot just dissapear into thin air"
>Chanka scratches her neck, looking mighty tired all of a sudden
"Please for once just set aside runner pride or whatever it is, and let the police help out."

| >>699599
"Major Chanka have I mentioned how much you deserve a cake for your hard work?"
>>699602
"Teleportation of course."
>CN replies
"Don't worry it works both ways, once they're done they'll come back here."

| >>699603
>Chanka sighs but nods
"Certainly, I'll do my best to keep this to the least people I can, being a major comes in handy at those times"

| >>699607
"Oh of course. Teleportation. How silly of me not to think of that."

>>699606
"Could you maybe get our stories here? And y'know, not inside a police station with scanners?"

| >>699607
>Chanka's eyes start to glow a bit, she grits her teeth
"Interesting proposition, surely you would share it with me at the station, or atleast within the patrol car"
>She's drooling, and yet she manages to hold on to her professionalism

| >>699603
> Selena sighs. This day isn't getting better.

"I don't think they'll believe me when I describe what I saw today. This won't be easy no matter what I do."

>>699609
"Are you willing to talk if we stay here? I'm not feeling good about this place, I'll be honest, but I'm not in the mood to handle something like this today."

| >>699611
"I'm always willing to talk as long as my friends aren't potentially in mortal peril and since the only thing that happened was them apparently getting teleported outside of the country, I'm fine! How about we just get dinner or something then? This place is... admittedly creepy."

| >>699603
"They wouldn't really believe any of this even if you did tell them to be honest."
>CN adds
>>699610
"Well perhaps... you are a trustworthy Major within the GCPD. Though if I were to make a suggestion to save you time. Aside from Erica Aurelia over there."
>He nods towards the woman.
"No one here will really give you any vital information other than myself. They are just as ignorant to what occurred here as you are."

| >>699614

>Speaking of dinner, Kitakata takes this moment's pause to root around his saddle bag- uh... wow. Is that... onigiri?

"I actually have some food prepared here, if hunger is a concern."

| >>699616
"How can you eat.. here, of all places, Inspector?"

> Selena tries to relax herself after what she had witnessed, but the joke didn't land very well with her tone.

>>699614
"Right. Right. Let's do it your way. I'll be the nice cop today. You and that CN there is better when you help us here."

| >>699616
>Nym just sort of blankly looks at the cop.

"The idea was more to get away from the decomposing body."

>They start to do a matrix search for nearby restaurants

| >>699615

"No, they wouldn't. The first thing they would do is to torch the area and lock any witnesses in an isolation ward."

>Kitakata says, a bit of frustration entering his voice.

"...I'm not sure how you're familiar with the Major, but I should also remind you that bribery is a crime."

| >>699615
>Chanka looks a bit credulous, she sighs, letting her teeth go back to being unclenched.
"Then how about you explain it in laymen's terms, and perhaps give me a way to get updates hmm?"

| >>699617

"Sometimes a snack is all one needs to get their bearings."

>>699618

"Either way, we'll need to cordon off this area... which, shouldn't be too difficult since it seems rather remote."

>Kitakata says.

"...And I'll be needing your S.I.N."

| >>699619
"What witnesses? The only one in the underpass is us? And I am doing no such bribery. That would imply I get something out of giving her the cake. That would be quite the strange way to bribe a Major of the GCPD after all. Have some respect for Chanka's integrity."

| >>699621
>Chanka nods
"I'll call in a few boys of mine, they'll cordon this off, I'l also get to the offices to take care of the beaurocrats once they're here and all is taken care of"
>She gets out a small cube shaped object from within her pocket and presses on it's switch, it glows a bit and the major winces
"never got used to that"
>She mumbles

| >>699622
>Chanka looks at CN
"Yeah who would get bribed by this guy! uh KN was it?"

| >>699620
"Sure. I can give you my contact info so you may contact me for updates is needed. As to how best summarize the events..."
>CN crosses his arms and thinks.
"The mist like creature, which was made by an AI, tried to access the phone booth, or rather where it lead to. It tried to piggyback off of the first person's entry so it was shot in self defense from those here. I believe Kitakata was here during most of that time already so he can corroborate those series of events."

| >>699624
"Um... close enough I guess."

| >>699622

"...Son, I was *not* born yester-"

>Kitakata starts, but then stops as the Major pipes up.

>>699623 >>699624

>He sighs as he takes the hint, rolls his eyes, and then moves on to the next question.

>>699625

"...the boy is telling the truth- mostly. I note that the "thing" didn't take any offensive actions against any of us except to shamble toward an adult woman, albeit in a menacing way. He was attacked repeatedly by this woman, with knives." >He points toward them.

| >>699621
"Damn right. Pass me one of those."

> Selena opens up an arm, expecting to have food there.

>>699625
> In the meantime, she listens to CN's summary. She only spoke when he is done.

"Major Chanka can handle the handwaving, but I'll need you for a couple hours. Nothing serious or funny. You know the most out of all here."

| >>699628

>A generously sized onigiri makes its way into your hand. On the outside, it seems simple enough- rice, lightly dusted with sea salt, freshly roasted nori (seaweed)- but once it's bit into, a surprise- a delightful mix of grilled salmon and umeboshi! (pickled plum)

| >>699628
>CN sighs
"If I really must I'll go. If we do go may I message my fiance first? Otherwise she will be worried the whole time."

| >>699630

"You have a fiance...?" >Kitakata muses as he takes a bite out of his own onigiri.

| >>699628
>Chanka looks to Selena and flashes a thumbs up
>She moves towards the lady who allegedly threw knives at the now salt pile

| >>699631
"Yes... I swear everyone acts surprised when I say that."
>He scrunches his face, somewhat irritated by the question.

| >>699629
"Thanks. I'll tell my boys to pack you up a lunch later. I haven't had one since I started today."

> She bites into the food, admittedly enjoying it even in front of a possible murder scene.

>>699630
"Go ahead. We'll be here for a while. I need to finish my notes before we go."

| >>699634
"Thank you."
>He pulls out his phone and starts messaging someone.

| >...Someone else is trying to get into the phonebooth.

| >>699636

>Kitakata looks up toward the phonebooth.

"...For crying out loud, again?"

| >>699634

>He brings up a hand.

"Thanks, but it's not necessary-"

>And then he gets distracted by whomever is trying to enter the phone booth.

| >>699637
>Yep. It's the driver. You know the one.

| >Chanka BOLTS towards the booth, trying to stop whoever is attempting to climb in
"No way not again, you aren't going anywhere pal!"

| >>699639 >>699640

>And not just you- Kitakata has clearly had enough of this drek. He stuffs the onigiri back in his back and runs toward the booth as well!

| >>699640
>He swiftly shuts the door and tries to keep it shut by throwing his arm against it.

| >CN locks his phone and turns it off. Just staring at the commotion occur once again.
"At this rate its going to be easier to explain if we all went through..."
>He mumbles

| >Chanka knocks on the booth's door
"C'mon out peacefully!"
>She says cutely as her fist make visible dent within the material...

| >>699642
>That ping he'd received earlier... he'd left her on read, hadn't he?

>[Aikawa Ei]:
>[Aikawa Ei]: im ok
>[Aikawa Ei]: thanks for saving my sorry ass
>[Aikawa Ei]: walkers too
>[Aikawa Ei]:
>[Aikawa Ei]: love you

| >The woman, silent until now, uses the commotion to pick up the thing that was lying in the corpse and puts it away by swiping it near a strange belt on her back

"Fufu. And there goes the other."

>She looks on to the commotion, the smile on her face wide and proud

"Oh, how I love that person's work, I might not be of them, but the love is all the same. Fufu."

| >>699639
"God. Damn it."

> Selena finishes her onigiri with a cough. She would have helped the two officers pull the driver out, but hearing another person speak stopped her.

>>699646
"Hey, in the mood to speak now?"

| >>699646
>Chanka turns to the lady as she keeps banging the door
"Oh god you speak like a creepy fu- I mean uh person"

| >Kitakata, for his part, is still trying to wrestle the door open and either ignores or doesn't hear >>699646

| >>699646
>The object is a small piece of clockwork, filled with obsidian spikes, it bleeds oily blood onto the floor endlessly.
>A cassette tape seems to stick out of its side

| >>699645
>He had.
>>699644
>He noticeably jolts at the show of force. Clearly he has to make this quick, huh? He backs up some more and looks for the phone..

| >>699647 >>699648
"My apologies, I have been quiet for a bit... fufu... like the strings were cut... if only that person held my strings... tightly..."

>The last part is a hushed whisper, with a blush on her face

"As I have stated, that thing I killed was not human, it was closer to a machine, not a lilim mind you. Made to look and sound human, but not human. That which lacks will cannot be murdered."

>She gets back up, with a smile

"Basically, that thing was more like a TV."

| >>699651
>The receiver lays on the ground, just below the main unit.
>Its in a puddle of oily liquid, powdered with white salts

| >>699652
"I think they aren't going to get it unless you're more blatant about it."
>CN interjects
"I already told them what I know, no point being cryptic about it all now."

| >>699654
>The woman smiles

"I am being quite clear, fufu. It is simply that you refuse to truly listen... or you cannot."

| >>699652
"What.. a golem? I play too much games to comprehend with a straight face right now. I'm not confirming if that's a human or not now. I'll keep your words."

| >>699654
>>699652
"I agree with CN. I'm really not in the mood for riddles so please, just be straight with us."

| >>699656
"Sorry to say, but I only have special eyes, not ears."

| >>699649
>And he's doing a good job, but the driver is still having a hell of a time fighting back. Does this guy have muscle or what?
>>699653
>..Oh, gross. He attempts some kind of gymnastic maneuver to pick it up without the door being barreled in. He holds the receiver to his ear.. But not too close.

| >>699657
>Chanka stares at the body, now a pile of salt
"Nay if it was chlorination, that was a human once. did his skin seem pale, maybe his insides were Hollow, for a lack of a better word"
>She still taps the phone-booth, about to rip the door off its hinges now
"Come on now please"

| >>699661
>The receiver clicks audibly
>Dial tone
>Nothing

| >>699657 >>699662
"It was hollow, yes, and it is true that it was undoubtedly once human... but can you call a dead body human? Do dead bodies have rights? Surely not."

>She sighs, but then the smile comes back, childish and happy

"To be frank, it was quite gross, but somewhat charming."

| >>699662
"I fear that much. Human or not, this is an irrefutable evidence and I want it preserved. No one should contaminate it anymore."

> Selena glares at the cryptic woman after answering to Chanka.

| >>699663
>...Nothing.
>He doesn't know what he expected.
"Uh.."
>>699662
>He really has to hurry it up..! He skims over the unit. Does he really know what to do, anyway? He doesn't.

| >>699666
>Nym walks up to the other side of the booth and knocks at it.

"Oi, you coming with us to dinner? Trying to get us a table right now."

| >>699668
>You get a hoarse "NO." in response. Or maybe his voice cracked? Either way.

| >>699666
>The unit is caked in blood and the smell of Chlorine is making it hard to keep your brain on track within the booth.
>It seems there are buttons upon the main Unit that haven't been simply covered in fluids.
>They all are unreadable, weird squiggles and unknown diagrams
>A port is situated beneath along with an IR scanner

| >>699669
"Fine."

>Nym is clearly too tired. They look at the others.

"So who's coming for dinner?"

| >Aurelia sighs, and then smiles

"You should probably focus on the one who is trying so hard to catch that person's gaze by now... fufu..."

| >>699670
>Yes, his brain (and his thinking abilities) are all the worse for it. It's obvious to him that he can't use the port, so he just starts pressing all the squigglies and the diagrams with the hand he's using to hold the receiver. It's straining.

| >(**thinking capabilities)
>See? I'm not thinking either.

| >Kitakata attempts to rock the phonebooth back and forth, seeing if it's bolted to the ground. If not, he'll try to push it over to its side.

| >On its side.

| >Chanka has had enough, and just tears out the door, it looks quite funny, a small 142cm tall girl just holding a door like that
"Come out now!"

| >>699672
"While they are at that. I will take your invitation. You don't mind coming with CN, do you?"

> Selena notices the ruckus happening at the booth. She has learned to ignore them and tucked her hands to her coat.

"We won't get anything done here."

| >>699676
>The receiver starts to ring once more, loudly
>Everyone can hear it now
>The lights flicker and then
>Shambling
>Moving
>From the other side of the tunnel, a bunch of lights approach
>Pink haze, eyes going wide
>The phone picks up on its own
>"Hello there, Glad to see you all still here"
>Laughter echoes deeply from the crowd, approaching slowly

| >>699684
"Sure thing."

>Nym starts to make dinner reservations for everyone here.

>>699685
>They immediately tense up and draw their revolver, aiming at the lights.

"Okay, what the frag is going on now?"

| >>699685

"What fresh hell is this?" >Kitakata says- he lets go of the phonebooth as he watches his small superior... uh... quite literally rip the door off its hinges.

>But he wasn't cursing at Chanka, but rather, the approaching... uh... things.

| >>699685
"Now look what you all did..."

>The woman smiles and takes another knife out from somewhere

| >Chanka stares blankely at the things
"Eh?"
>She tenses up herself, letting go of the door and pulling out an Ares Predator from her back holster

| >>699685
>CN tenses up as well.
"Nano get the hell out of there right now!"

| >>699688
>Nym sees this and switches to their sword. A blade would probably work better against... Whatever abomination is coming.

| >>699685
> Sensing the danger, Selena takes her standard-issue pistol out. One ride to another. This is definitely a busy day.

"Identify yourselves!!"

> She shouts at the lights.

| >The things get closer, and reveal themselves to be smiling humans, lilims and hybrids.
>All their eyes glow in unison as they approach the corpse lying on the ground, now a pile of salt and blood
>"Surely you didnt expect me to just give up, no way"
>The voice is deeper now, it sounds like that of another person

| >Kitakata forcibly reaches and tries to grab "Nano's" arm or any appendage really, hoping to drag him straight out of the stupid phone booth.

"What's going on out there? Who are those people!?"

| >>699694
>The woman walks towards them, a sigh escaping her still smiling mouth

"So, you are like them, Hollow but filled with Love, in that case, I can only destroy the vague image that you are... how pleasant, how cute."

>She licks her lips

"Cute as sin. Sinful as only sin can be. Attractive and deadly."

| >>699690
"Just give the word and I'll start swinging"

| >Chanka smiles nervously as her face tenses up
"I've seen those eyes before... Kitakata, get the people out of here, Selena get the idiot in the booth, we're running out of here, NOW"
>She barks out

| >>699694
"Mind giving yourself a introduction then. It's a bit rude not to do so."
>CN quips back

| >>699682
>If you could see his eyes, he'd be gawking at you. But the shock he has for that is quickly replaced by this-
>>699685
"I.. Uh.."
>Nano stares out the phone booth at the tunnel. He can't say anything coherent to the phone, much less CN.
>>699690

| >>699696
>As stunned as he is, that doesn't stop him yanking his arm back.

| >>699699
"Leave? Why would I run away from that, so delightful and adorable... fufu..."

>Her face is tinted with a deep blush

"I love it... so much... thank you, my special person..."

| >>699700
>The receiver chuckles
>"My manners, surely. I am [] or well was []"
>His words are inaudible, distorted beyond measure, static filled and unpleasant.
>"I follow the ideals of our friend, become the receptacle for his Hollowness"

| "...!"

| >>699699

>Kitakata grimaces.

"...Right. Forget the discretion, if these people are as dangerous as you make them sound, I'll call the cavalry."

| "okay, that's it. CN, get everyone out of here."

>Nym positions themself between the crowd and the others

| >>699703
"You crazy bitch did you not hear me? I said we're running, I'm crashing this place with ot without you, no way am I letting a Red eyed into the city!"
>Chanka's eyes are serious, and she speaks loud and clear

| >Kitakata runs toward his bike, dialing a direct line to the nearest precinct.

| >>699699
"Affirmative! CN, you better stop gawking at your friend now!"

> Selena helps Kitakata pull the driver out. She yelped. There's clearly an urgency here.

>>699705
"What the hell were you thinking?!"

| >>699708
>The woman smiles

"I see, I see! So you are one of that person's pieces... aaahhh, how joyous!"

>The looks of ecstasy on her face is almost R-Rated

"In which case, as one of Ichythes, I shall follow your orders."

>She steps back

| >>699707
"No Nym, we're running. I know who it works for now and its something we CAN'T fight, we're escaping *now*."

| >The people, those Pink Eyed things walk slowly, at a glacial pace, they smile with wide grins and their eyes are filled with pity.
>"Surely we can talk, please, come along with us, let us all give eachother some help in those trying times"

| >>699704
"H....."
>Nano leans into the back of the phone booth. He doesn't know what else to do but press those buttons again. It's mindless, thoughtless, and it's the only thing that helps him ignore the mistake he's being called out for.
>>699710
>That's all around him, frankly.

| >>699714 >>699708 >>699709 >>699710

>Within moments, you hear the sound of a vintage bike revving up. Kitakata blazes nearby, the headlights of his bike lighting up the tunnel.

"Come with me if you want to live!" >He says, his phone still dialing. Does it connect?

| >The woman is waiting next to Chanka, an eerie smile on her face

| >>699714
"Then you all better get moving!"

| >>699717
>Click
"I told you to stop calling, support wont come, they made sure of that, run if you value your life, and call me back when you're ready to speak politely to my Master"
>The voice of a young girl answers, Serina
>Dial tone

| >>699716
"Come out, now! I'm not playing the nice cop again! I'll use force if that means taking you from this place!"

>>699717
> Selena sees Kitakata's bike. It doesn't take her a long time to guess her next action.

"You're going to need a bigger seat if you want to say that!"

| >>699720
"Oh for dreks sake."
>CN runs towards the phone booth, taking pot shots at the figures with his stungun to jank Nano out of the booth with him and back to the group.

| >>699719
"God you're a creepy one"
>Chanka throws the cube she held forward and proceeds to aim for it, backing off in the process
"Run, I wont say it twice, just DO IT"

| >>699725
>The woman merely smiles

"I'm afraid that I cannot escape until you do so, my fair lady. My sisters would kill me if I did, fufu."

>That is no exaggeration, whoever she is, her so-called sisters are the same kind of zany

| >>699721

"Oh COME ON!" >Kitakata yells out loud.

>>699723

"I'm unfortunately well aware!"

| >>699726
>Chanka fires upon the cube
>It's a perfect shot
>The cube starts to... inflate and glow wildly, seemingly going into meltdown
>Chanka Smiles as sweat drops off her chin, thank god she hit that
"NOW WE'RE RUNNING"
>And so she does

| >>699728
"Oh frag"

>Nym starts running, pulling the crazy lady along with them, assuming CN has Nano.
>>699726

| >>699729
"Oh my, so brutish..."

>She does not resist the pull, merely smiling

| >The beings start to shamble backwards, still smiling as they slowly return to the shadows
>"How unfortunate, we shall meet again I supose, here or there"
>Laughter echoes within the underpass as the cube glows and grows

| > Selena follows the group. This is no time to think anymore. She looks back at the wriggling chaos that's approaching them. There isn't a second thought left.

>>699727
"Whatever. Got a space!?"

| >>699730
"Ghost, just shut up"

>Nym climbs onto their bike and pulls the woman on as well.

| >The cube grows in size and finally seems to release its energy, blasting a wave of cold light all over the underground in a loud deflagration

| >>699736
"So forceful, fufufu... I might fall for you, those strong arms that can tear me away from even fate... like that person's..."

>She laughs and rubs her chin unto Nym's chest, tracing her arms with a single finger

"So lovely, broken and mended, over and over, so beautiful, not unlike them."

| >Chanka looks appalled as she runs
"I am so taking you in! you predator!"
>She screams at Aurelia, her short legs carrying her further than they should as she becomes the wind

| >>699739
>Nym very obviously stiffens up, visible unsure of how to react. They look like they're about to speak but instead, starts the bike up and looks to make sure that everyone is getting away.

| >>699742
"Worry suits you like a beautiful tiara. A princess of death. A small memorabillia."

>Her words rhyme, and her eyes lock with yours

"So pretty, so envious, you bring me joy simply by looking, like the great sea... aaahhh, I simply cannot contain myself in such a strong presence, the scent of it al lover you."

>Oh my god, she's sniffing you with a blush on her face

| >>699743
>The lilim's face actually flushes a bit.

"O-O-Oi, what are you doing!?"

| >The cube explodes loudly, You all better run

| >>699744
"Why, I am smelling your delicate and enticing smell? I am sorry if I appear a bit pushy, fufufu... What about dinner first?"

>She smiles, that blush still sticking to her face

"That strength of yours, it belongs to another person, yet it is beautiful, like the flames of my hometown, like death and fate kissing over the moon... fufufu..."

| >>699732 >>699741

>Needless to say, Kitakata pulls you on the back of the bike and drives after Chanka to scoop up the smol as well, if she wants.

| >Chanka is already well out of the tunnel, her short legs being apparently closer to jet engines than actual bipedal implements

| >>699746
>Nym is just completely speechless. Something about her is simultaneously dangerous, yet disarming at the same time. Completely unsure of what to do, the lilim starts driving off.

| >>699749
>The woman simply puts her arms around her, a smile on her face

"Think it over, I'll wait for you, forever. That beauty, it makes me warm and alive, it is a beacon of hope and despair, not unlike... yes... Love."

>The woman's smile grows wider

| >The underpass is engulfed with light as everyone rushes out, a few second later a loud explosion rings out and the smell of Chlorine overpowers the entirety of the street.
>Then, silence

| >CN drags Nano away from the tunnel, holding his shirt over his mouth to breath. After getting a fair distance from the debris and odor he lightly taps on Nano's face.
"Hey! Nano are you alright!?"

| >>699764
>Nano responds, but not much. He's pretty limp right now, with an expression to match - A kind of gentle sadness. He doesn't have the energy to be more than that.. Definitely not angry.
"..."
>He sighs. Or wheezes? Probably that.

| >It's not really what you'd expect from a man who's regretful, but maybe that comes later.

| >>699765
>CN breathes a sigh of relief.
"They're... okay Nano, alright? Trust me it may not seem like it given the proximity but they are safer there than here for the moment."

| >>699767
"I know.. I know that."
>Nano tries to straighten his back. He rubs at his face.
>She had told them they were okay. And what did he do? He played with something he didn't understand. He just wanted to be with them, but clearly that was the selfish choice.
"...What happened?"
>He isn't sure what he's asking about.

| >>699770
"I'm not really sure either to be honest... they came out of nowhere. At the very least though I know whos in charge of them. We can probably talk about that when we get out of here though."

| >>699771
"..."
>Nano accepts that answer.
"Alright."
>He doesn't want to barrage CN with questions.. Not if he can't answer them all. He's unsure of the extent of what he did, and that thought is probably what's shaken him the most.

| >>699773
"Let's regroup with Nym."
>He pulls out his phone and turns it on again, sending them a message.
/Mombot did you make it out okay? Nano is a bit shaken up but is otherwise okay./

| >>699774
/Er, yeah. I am. Sorry uh. I'm gonna have to rain check on dinner with Glitch City's finest. Sending you the dinner reservation info right now.../

| >Chanka takes a deep breath as she too waits within the street, she confirms the state of the other two officer before giving CN a side glance
"I'm glad you got out in time, uh, KM"
>She stutters a bit but then coughs and straightens herself
"Now I got a single question for you... who were those two who dissapeared and how is this related to the Red Eyes. If you dont know, then don't answer"

| >>699779
/Um... sure. Thanks./
>>699780
"Those two are friends of mine. Don't worry they're not related to the Red Eyes. From what I understand it, the person on the other end of that phone booth is popular in many factions for better or worse. Why they want to see him I do not know."

| >>699782
>Chanka seems uncertain but nods along
"Well here's the second question then; any of you or your pal still have nanites in you? you know, nanomachines?"

| >>699792
"I mean the stuff is in the air so... yes???"
>He really seems lost where this is going.
"I know I do at least."

| >>699798
"No I meant, within your bodies, you know? the ones in the air are mostly there to replace those anyway"
>Chanka sighs
"If you still have them, I'd say get scanned by some medic before you do anything else. that's not a soft recomendation, more like an order"

| >>699835
>Nano scuffs his boot against the ground as he shifts his weight.
"..And if you don't, don't do anything?"

| >>699888
>Chanka looks at you, her height matching yours as you are on the ground.
"Yeah, if you don't have them then all's good... you wont catch it"
>She clarifies

| >>699889
>He nods silently and looks away. Was he asking just to ask, or was that a genuine question? They're all going to spend a lot of time here either way.

| >>699890
>Chanka looks sideways at the driver, how is a guy like that Nanite free... She'd thought Shadowrunners were more how can you say it, willfull?
"Why did you even jump into that booth anyway, uh, I never did catch your name from KN, you a friend or something of his? an associate?"
>She asks, trying to get conversing, to relieve atleast some stress off her tiny shoulders

| >>699891
>Nano scratches his jaw. KN? What does that stand for? If he were a better mood, and in a better place with more familiar faces, he might play dumb like that. But he isn't.
"Would you believe me if I did it for love?"
>..This man has to be in his mid-twenties.
"...Associate,"
>He adds.

| >>699894
>Chanka is taken aback at the wording
"Huh? For what now... sorry I must of misheard; uhm yeah"
>She has a mental reset, her brain going into debug mode at the thought that love of all things would make a man enter a creepy murder booth
>She takes out a candy bar from her pocket, and starts to unwrap it, her long fingernails, much like claws tearing easily through the plastic
"And an associate of his huh... How many of you are there anyway, the huh, Dynamoforce?"

| >>699897
>If Nano is bothered by this, he doesn't look it.
"Depends. If you don't count who we can't contact anymore.. That's, say... Less than eight."
>He tilts his head to the side. His right hand opens slightly as he calculates.
"It's not very impressive, I know. But then it wouldn't be be a group, it would be a gang."

| >>699900
>Chanka devours the candy bar, licking the remains off her fingers, finally her brain got some sugar in it.
"Eight huh, that's more than i'd assumed. Well, if you could get those guys to maybe not get in this sort of mess in the future, i'd appreciate it. Dealing with those things is best left to someone whjo know's what's up"
>She taps her flat chest
"That means me, although I do have to consult The old man Columbo probably"

| >>699889
"I do have nanos though... even if I don't have ones from the air I got some special ones from a friend of mine a long time ago."
>CN chimes in
"What exactly am I in risk of getting?"

| >>699938
>Chanka loos to CN, obviously she hadn't expected him to have nanites in the first place.
"... Well, you saw those people right? you're at risk of becoming something like that, 20 years ago atleast that's what was happening."
>She's seemingly trying to conjure up some memories
"We called it the Legion disease back then, although most people know it as the red eyes disease"
>She adds

| >>700063
"Oh fun..."
>CN sighs
"So what happens if I *do* have it?"

| >>700072
"Well, I doubt you could contract it in this short a time... but your nanomachines would start to get organized and form neural clouds and computing groups within your body... providing themselves with a way to generate computing power and start effectively creating something similar to a lilim's cloud connection."
>Chanka explains, scratching her head
"The side affects of this would be hallucinations, aug malkfunctions, and a high fever that leads to hospitalization"

| >Chanka puts her hands within her pockets
"The nanites would slowly start eating your insides, using more of your atoms to slowly self replicate and thus create more cloud connection and provide more computing power. they'd then proceed to keep your brain alive by the same process as life support would, they would forcibly let it remain active through direct manipulation"
>She grimaces
"The reason why or how is not really known at this moment"

| >>700076
"Is there a cure? You said we should be fine given such a little time frame we were near them right?"

| >>700077
"Indeed, by bleeding out the nanomachines or having them removed before they become cloud structures or feeding on the host. after that, the machines are basically keeping you alive, so taking them out would lead to a predictable result"
>Chanka answers
"If it goes on for too long though, about a year... the people either go through human chlorination, becoming pillars of salt and the now contagious nanites we call Red Dust... or they become one of those things you saw..."

| >>700078
"How fun... how long has this stuff been around in GC!?"

| >>700084
>Chanka seems to think for an instant
"Well, the first outbreak was dealt with 18 years ago, The Hazmat crew from the White Knight, don't particularly remember their designation; they burned down the hospital where most of the infected were held and swept it under the rug... So about since then probably."
>Chanka grunts, her eyes are cloudy
"Thinking hurts, my memory isn't good."
>She says, sighing as she waves her hand, as if to banish the thoughts

| >>699901
>Nano's unresponsive after that. Maybe he's ignoring her or just plain zoning out. He doesn't really feel like himself. He doesn't feel like anything.. He's crossed his arms, but it's not hard to notice how hard he's gripping one of them.
>...
>If he spoke more, would that help? Keep saying things he normally wouldn't say. Maybe? Maybe. Maybe

| >>700087
"Apparently since you're still remembering my name wrong."
>CN shrugs
"In any case it seems theres not much we can do now, everyone had dispersed."

| >>700093
"There you guys are. It took me awhile to convince the PCS guy."

> Selena dusted off her coat, approaching the group.

"Did I miss anything? I tried to reach base, but I didn't request backup. Figured that won't be necessary now."

| >>700093
"I do remember your name, uh CM?"
>Chanka says, willfully
>>700098
"Apart from me asking everyone here with nanomachines to get checked... no, not really"

| >>700087
>The word "infected" sticks in Nano's mind like hot glue. He's not too happy about it.

| >>700101
"Is there anything else I need to know before I write this case as another foul play? Especially concerning... myself and everyone involved."

> Selena seems unsettled by the mention of nanomachines.

| >>700105
>Chanka sighs, her hand massaging her forehead, Thinking wasn't her forte apparently, not for extended periods of time anyway.
"This thing, that person, they were sick, the ilness transmits through nanomachines, don't touch the bodies, and get checked for deficiency in your own nanites... that covers the gist of it"
>She says

| >>700108
"I got it."

> Selena repeatedly nods to Chanka's words even though they are fragmented or incomplete. Her message was understandable knowing the situation.

"I'm going to head out and wash today with karmotrine. We'll get this place cordoned off, won't we?"

| >>700110
>Chanka shakes her head
"That thing I threw, it was a bio bomb... It should of gotten rid of both organics and nanites, I'll move to clean up and then i'll take this to a trusted source... then I'll get this ordered and processed so as to avoid intern political problems"
>She's basically mumbling at this point, her hand squeezing her horns tightly
"Agh, look I'll get to it later!!"
>She screams, her eyes swimming within their socket
"For now, Resting my brain comes first!"

| >>700101
"Well that was closer..."
>>700113
"I think the best way to do that is with some sweets."

| >>700119
>Chanka smiles
"That and booze!"
>She exclaims, raising her hand in a fist
"Eheh! I'm a good drinker you see, a pro even!"
>She brags, puffing her chest
>All the seriousness she had now is gone, like a mirage

| >>700120
"I don't doubt that, I bet you can drink me to the ground if you really wanted to."
>CN quips

| >>700113
"Ah.. well."

> Selena was surprised by the sudden scream. Maybe it's best to go along the pace they had before.

>>700120 >>700122
"How about I treat you two to a drink? I owe one to the Major."

| >>700204
"Well I don't mind but I should really see Nano home. Hes a bit jarred from it all."

| >>700303
"Yeah.. yeah, I can see that. Well, take care of him now. We're going to handle things from here. By "we" I mean the Major."

> Selena steps closer to CN, until they are face to face, and then moves to whisper something at him.

"... Pandora greets you."

> Then moves back, not expecting an answer from him. She smiles. Her hands are tucked to the pockets of her coat.

"It will rain someplace else. I better get going."

| >>700453
"Right... and what should I do about getting in contact with you again?"

| >>700501
"The usual. You know her.. And tell your kids to stop coming to the city. You're putting them in danger."

> Selena pauses. She seems to study CN's character, or if not, then she is internalising one too many things.

"... Especially if you get them illegally like that. I'm willing to turn a blind eye, but I can't say the same about others."

| >>700503
>CN puts his hands in his coat pockets.
"Others?"

| >>700513
"Oh, the other Units in my division. They're a hasty bunch. Some of them saw your 'trade' at the Neko Park that day."

| >>700514
"Why do they even care that much? I just want them to live their lives and leave it at that."

| >>700515
"It's not them that cares. It's our higher ups. For better or for worse. I know you're the kind of guy that will say that, so don't take what I said as a threat."

> Selena starts to step away. She stops briefly, as if remembering something before her departure.

"I'm not going to pull you or those two kids away if they get themselves in trouble. I just want you to be careful with what you do next."

> She seems to have forgotten about the drink too.

| >>700520
"*sigh* It's always the higher ups... everytime."

| >>700523
"Always is, CN. Always is. Good night then. Your friend has been watching you this entire time, by the way."

> Selena waves a good-bye as she turns away from CN. It doesn't seem as though she's going to use any vehicle and the clacking of her shoes is somehow less dramatic that way.

| >Chanka seems oblivious to the last exchange but then turns to CN
"Oh, KH, uh KM? Cman? Cman, if I could get a way to contact you, surely that would be useful"
>She says as she hands you a small device
"Its a data chip, its got my address and phone line, use it anytime huh?"
>She waves and starts to chase after the other officer, eager to get some karmotrine in her.

| >>700762
"Um... sure I'll keep in touch."
>He waves her goodbye

| >It barely takes a few hours for a squad of patrol cars to fly into the area. Their uniforms are standard- not even a White Knight is amongst them.

>They make quick work of setting up barricades in the area and encasing the entrance of the tunnel in "CRIME SCENE" tape. Within minutes, the area has been "secured."

>A porta-potty and a coffee bar has been set up here, along with a small RV.

Total number of posts: 187, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1601177462

This thread is permanently archived