danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
A dive into the inky past

| Just wanted to sound a bit deeper than I am.

Anyone else here feels like the past barely happened sometimes...
I get those feelings sometimes, like I never existed until this very moment, how crazy would that be and all that.

Maybe I'm overthinking it ahah.

What about you guys, any weird thoughts you get while roaming GC?

>Oh and Aikawa, The Demiurge is calling, meet him soon.

| couldnt have picked a better time........

-SEGFAULT

| >>698793 its because of our illusory perception of time. We can think of things in the past and the future that don't pertain to our physical survival, such as planning a story or remembering a movie. Animals don't typically show memory skills unless it is survival-incentivized for that species to have those capabilities. For us, we project ourselves into the past and future mentally as a way to go through the present time.

| in doing so, we constantly reference things in the past in order to piece through the present, externally ("I've dealt with this before, it should do the same thing this time") and internally ("I know I've eaten this food before and it was good, so it will be good this time too").

Because of our constant abuse of the past of a guideline to the future, we've been fooled into thinking it actually exists linearly. It doesn't.

| I want you to open a comic book. By flipping through the pages, you can jump to any point in the story and see it happening at that moment, because you have the entire book in your hands. There is no past and present in that story because you've been lifted from the perception that what's on the previous page stopped existing when you turned it, and that the next page doesn't exist yet, simply because it hasn't been turned.

| Our perception, if you will, is only ever that of the character in the comic book: We cannot see the entire book, because we see the world from only one scene at a time. That doesn't mean the entire book hasn't already been written; it just isn't the character's role to see it.

They have to >be the character instead.

| I like this drek, omae. Makes me feel like my life has *some* meaning, even if that meaning is a one shot joker imagined by some... thing.

| >>699123 Oh dear student, the "meaning" conversation is an entirely different one. We aren't ready yet.

| Y'all must be on some deepweed or some other drek ww

(・□・;)

-nanashi

| >>699250

past that shit bruh

-DARKSMOKEPUNCHER

Total number of posts: 10, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1600742630

This thread is permanently archived