danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
(Setting) Capsule Bar

| > A slow, if normal, day at the biker bar of Motor District. The few typical patrons just sat at the booths, sleeping or talking over deals in hushed voices. The bar itself was wide open.

> Behind the counter, a large man stood, polishing up some glasses and organizing them. He fit the stereotype of a biker, frame and all. Every now and again, he'd toss beer bottles to the booths, as if it's something he's always done

| > He pauses sometimes and looks at the door, as if waiting for someone specific to come in, only to sigh and go back to his self-appointed work

> Clearly, he's running it like a biker bar, not even looking at who's coming in. Whenever the door opens, he merely raises his hand and says...

"What are ya drinkin'?"

| >The door swings open, and in walks a skinny, gaunt figure with black jeans and a reflective black raincoat, hood drawn over their head as they step in from the pouring rain.

"I'll take a double Gut Punch, please, and a food menu if you have one."

>The figure took down their hood, revealing a man with shaggy, mopped short blonde hair, promptly wiping wet strands of hair back out of his face. He approached the bar, his face revealing a small blonde goatee and bright blue eyes.

| >>698060

> The bartender slams down the glass and quickly makes it, pouring it right in front of the man.

"We ain't got food here. Jus' the way it is. Don't start no trouble, y'hear? Name's Pete, holler if ya need somthin' else"

> Pete spins the shaker in his hand deftly as he speaks before tossing it aside with a crash as it hits the sinkp

| >Another figure uses his right foot to stops the door from completely closing, before pushing it open once again. He enters the bar. He is wearing a light plate carrier as well as a pair of combat boots. He also is carrying a submachine gun and a pistol, although under his gear he is wearing a navy blue T-shirt and a light grey cargo pants. On his head boasts a ball cap, a shemagh has been tied around his neck, also soaked through from the pouring rain.

| "This rain has gotta be some of the worst thing about moving here."

>He mutters under his breath. His accent was distinctly Australian. His bright blue eyes jumps to Pete.

"Oh, G'day, big fella. Mind me asking what drinks this place have?"

| >>698215

> Pete shifts his attention to the new guy. He gives him a look over and looks around for a menu of some sort to give him. He finds some old laminated sheet and slides it over, which has BTC stuff, as well as bottles and cans of beers

“Don’t ask for no fancy stuff unless it’s a Grizzly. And don’t be givin’ me a reason to throw ya out neither. Got it?”

> Pete didn’t speak harshly. More with a calm face voice that clearly had experience with ending fights quickly

| >a particularly lithe cat boomer walks into the establishment
>her cat ears twitch as the door softly closes behind her, bringing notice to black hair with sapphire blue highlights
"Good day~"
>she idley hums as she makes her way to proper seating
>she seems quite annoyed and no shortage of tired

| >>698219
>The Aussie catches the menu, flashes a toothy grin at Pete.

"You're the boss here, I've got it, don't you worry."

>He looks through the menu for a moment before replying again.

"I'll just have a can of beer."

| >>698222

“... Howdy”

> Pete’s weathered face looked confused at someone so young-looking at the bar. Especially a hole like this one. He made a note that Dani probably got judged the same way and decided not to dwell on it long. If she came into a biker bar, it’s because she knew what was the deal there

>>698225

> Pete gives a nod and cracks a beer open, sliding it over to the Aussie. Nothing like a nice cold lager to beat the rain

“Jus’ shout when yer needin’ some more beer”

| > a few seconds later, a strange man entered the bar, we cannot see his skin because he was wearing a costume, but his head was a television with a hat and antennas, the screen displayed only snow, and he walk slowly, seems tired, relying on his bamboo cane to walk properly, walking forward....the scene is either funny and creepy

| >>698227
>The Aussie let the can slides off the side of the counter, but catches it mid-air before any beer actually spill out and make a mess. He takes a big sip and gives Pete a thumb up.

"Cheers, big guy. What's your name?"

| >>698227
"Lo there boss~
just give me something light, but still kicks like its not"
>she leans back a bit clearly miffed at something
"I gotta get back too it soon"
>what ever *it* is must be one hell of a time for her to lament it so

| >>698229

> Pete quickly lets out a piercing whistle to the figure, drawing all attention towards him. He slams his right hand on the counter and moved his left under the bar top. He has a cold look in his eyes, as if he’s looking right through whatever costume there was

“Hold it right there. You either get that mess of a get-up off ya and explain, or you get out. We ain’t take kindly to surprises ‘round here”

| >>698232
“M’ name? Mama named me Peter, but I like being called Pete more. Cheers.”

>>698233

> Pete kept his eyes on the new arrival, meaning he only could get what was within arms reach. His right hand disappears under the bartop and pulls another beer for the girl, popping it open effortlessly

“Here missy. Woulda had somethin’ better but uh, the partner over there got my attention right now”

| >The TV head guy continued to walk in the direction of a corner , he seemed weak, but he finnaly reached the corner, after what he took a look at the street, and take a seat at the last chair, far away from the others
[His screen still display snow]

| >>698240 >>698241
"Well, Pete, I'm Owen, but most folks call me Sabre nowadays. Nice to meet ya."

>The Aussie says as he takes another sip from the can. He then turn to look at the TV head guy dragging his body to the seat in the far corner without a word said.

"That guy ain't no talker, hey."

| >When he said that, TV turned his head at all the persons, but a bit more looking at the barista , the snow made a few sounds before...

[The screen started to display a pictures of foods and drinks , after what the snow came back for seconds, and a interrogation dots appeared , the snow came back another time]

| >>698240
"Mmm that guy...?"
>she turns her head in curiosity
"Maybe its a lillim?
Wait is it one L or two?"
>she shakes her head with a laugh
"Erf..im must br more tired then i thought haha!
Matters not~ cheers!"
>she waves it high then downs a chug
"Christy i needed that thanks"

| > the tv man stay silent

| > the tv man stay silent

| >>698247
>Sabre notices the TV man reacting to his words.

"He heard that, from that bloody corner, alright. Better not say anything bad bout him now, eh?"

| >stay silent a moment, apparently waiting for the bartender, his hands on the counter

[The screen still display snow, slower than before, sometimes glitching into weird symbols but nothing more]

| >>d1da07

| >>698247
> Pete eases off and slowly sets his left hand back on the bartop. He snatches the menu from Sabre and throws it over to the weird robot fellow. His eyes stay cold before turning back to the others calmly

>>698272
“I’ve dealt with worse Sabre; I’m old but I’m still me. Age ain’t gonna slow me down”

> Pete straightens up to his full frame. His 6’3” body seemed almost too big for the bar, yet it made sense

| >>63c1b3
>>d1da07
>the TV man politely take the menu by catching it mif air with his two fingers

[The screen show a thumbs up for a few moments before returning to the snow]

>Then, he looked at the menu for a little moment, letting the other talk without the risk of being heard

[The screen display only "..." when he look at the menu]

| >>698338
"Yeah, I see you."

>Sabre says as he finishes his beer and slams the can on the counter.

"Another beer maybe?"

| >Then the TV man shrug his shoulders and politely return the menu to the counter, he seems kinda disappointed

[The screen changes for a red cross]

>TV man stand up and roam into the bar, seems like he search something

[The screen show a bunch of line of code, and the words "Detection in progress..."]

| >>698353

“Sure thing”

> Pete quickly gets a new beer, taking the old can and quickly crushing it before throwing it away. Quick work for experienced hands, it seemed

“What’s an Aussie doin’ ‘ere. I get GC is a melting pot, but you ain’t had to come to this shithole. Unless yer lookin’ for work I reckon”

| >After a few moment, TV seemed to finally have found what he was searching, he quickly go sit down a few seat next to the man

[A smiley on the screen, a smiling blushing one]

>But he was polite, and just wait for you're conversation to break

[The screen show slower snow, it's always hard to figure what he think of,]

| >>d27dc2

| >>698361
"Woo, boy, that's a loooong story, that is. But the gist of it is a mix of 'my country's down under and anywhere's better than that.' and 'for the hell of it'."

>Sabre looks over to the TV guy.

"But that's enough about me, seems Mr-I-can-hear-everything-TV wanna get something."

| >>698363

> Pete notices this and decides to walk over to the strange being's spot at the bar. He's not too thrilled about this, but whatever.

"What do you want? Ain't got a mouth or nothin? You're a couple of scrapes away from being feral, boy"

> He kept both hands on the bartop this time. He wasn't sure what he was going to expect out of them

| >>698479

>The TV head turned in the direction of Sabre without even moving the shoulder, "staring" at him a moment

[The screen show a blue "ÙwÛ" face with a little cute mustache]

>after what he turned his head to the barman, with the behavior of thinking how can he explain it...

[A "..." appear a moment.... After that a lamp appeared]

[The screen now display in this order: a classic BTC pub for the Fringe Weaver, the sign "+", an a picture of a battery model P-5R]

| >>698479 >>698546
"Aw man its like charades!"
>the catgirl laughs after downing the rest of the beer in a single prolonged swig
"Something with a better kick boss!"

>the fizz from the beer after a long day was exactly what she needed
"Yo TV guy! Tell me a story-plegh!
Ahw, awh bwit mwuh twugn"

| >>698546
> Pete quickly makes the drink and slides it forward to the being, throwing the shaker once more into a sink with a crash. He seems rather unhappy with the second half of the order

“This ain’t a shop for ‘lectronics. All we gots is booze. Anything else, I ain’t gonna help”

>>698551
> Pete shifts his attention and points at the cat boomer accusingly

“And don’t be givin’ this fella any bright ideas. Next think y’know, we got murder-bots on us and I don’t wanna hear it”

| >>698562 >>698551
>the TV man catched the drink, with a little bit of lag, then, a hole openedon his neck, and a unknowns military model of fuel pump started pumping the alcoholic liquid

[a thumbs up for the barman, then a "?" for the catgirl, and a fuel meteron the up right corner of the screen]

>The pump make little sounds, and calmly drain that karmotrine drink

[We can also see "Synthesizer on" on the up left corner]

| >>698585
"Crikey! That's one thirsty TV."

>Sabre remarks, before he starts drink his own beer as well.

| >>698585 >>698590

"It's one thirsty... something. I still ain't trust it as far as I can chuck it. I mean, I've definitely taken out bigger things, but I had my partner givin' me a hand. Some fond memories there..."

> Pete rubs his chin with his right hand, reminiscing. Every now and again, the light would catch a gold ring on his hand and shine ever so slightly

| >>698695
>The TV finished drinking, the pump retract in his neck, he send a bill for Pete, paying his drink like a honest living thing

[The screen display a heart, and a pink text "Top Notch Quality, good job!"]

>He then stand up and seat more near the catgirl, Sabre and Pete

[The screen shut down]

| >The TV man seems to lose some energy for a moment, remaining creepily silent

| >>698562 >>698699
"Alright im sorry"
>her ears flop down as she pouts
"Then can you tell me a story boss?
Booze is best served slinging tall tales~"

| >>698700 >>698704
> Pete gives the machine another glare before going to the cat-boomer girl. He scratches his head, trying to figure out what he could even say

"A story, girl? Most things I've been involved with end in high-noon shootouts and marks getting thrown at whoever's payin'. There was anotha girl now that I'm thinkin' 'bout it. Loud and brash. A thief and runaway on top of that. But that's ancient history practically"

| >>698695
>Sabre notices the glint from the gold ring. He looks harder before making out the ring on your finger.

"Nice ring, mate. You have a missus?"

| >>698699
"Did the TV just... blackout? Can they do that?"

>Sabre says, noticing the TV shutdown.

"Sure hope I don't need to carry a TV out of here."

| >>698766

> Pete ignores the comment about the TV-bot, since having it out of sight and mind would ease his thought.

“Oh! Yeah, I’m a married man. Luckily, my sweetheart ain’t got to live here. She’s safe ‘n sound in Neo San Fran. I actually gotta be headin’ back next week. Can’t stand bein’ gone fer so long, even if I gotta leave my Egret here”

| >>698767

>The TV guy stay in his sort of sleeping, letting Pete talk without stress, he seems to be alive judging by the antenna statics light noises, but he is just sleeping a moment...

[The screen remains black]

| >>14283e
>silence and calm since the strange "Lilim" has been sleeping

| >>698788
"You have an... egret? Isn't that a bird or something?"

>Sabre asks.

| >>699138

"She ain't normal egret. She's an armored pursuit bike, hand-built by me and my partner. Able to haul 'n protect me, her and anything else we needed where we needed. Louder th'n the Devil when we had to scare th' hide off marks, quiet as a church mouse when we had to lay low. She's a real beaut. Wanna see?

> Pete pulls out his phone, quickly finding a picture of him and what looked like a grease-stained girl in front of a wicked-looking Bobber-style bike. They seem proud

| >>698721
>she gives a rather anime pout
"Hmph no story for me then"
>following her lament is the sound of the door, this time to a boy with brown hair

"Hey fox do you guys have champa-"
>he stops short of his request as he locks eyes with the catgirl
"Oh stars what bad luck"

"Captain Vanderbilt">she says in a deadpan stare

"Lieutenant Moritz"

"You shant be taking me to brasil that easily"

"Never is"

>and he then sprints right out of the bar with the girl giving chase

| >>699349

> Pete hears the whole commotion, but doesn’t do much about it, other than stare with a confused look on his face. Out of habit, he gives the revolver in his hip a few taps to make sure he isn’t dreaming before going back to Sabre and the TV-being at the bar

> At least this meant one less person to pretend to ignore, he figured

| >>699356

>TV man still "sleeping" a bit, he seems fine, only need to recover a bit from his journey, his hat on the chair next to him, revealing his two little telescopic antennas, although the tv box seems ancient

[The screen still black]

>on his body, his skin isn't visible because he wear gloves and a complete classy costume

| >>699385

> Pete finally decides its time to do something about and walks over, slamming his heavy fist on the bartop. The impact isn’t enough to cause any damage to anything, but it is a good way to wake up anybody in the bar

“HEY!! This ain’t no motel! Can’t have you sleepin’ in the bar like ya own the joint! What else you want, boy?! Don’t make me throw you outta here”

| >>699308
>Sabre peeks over the counter to take a loom at the picture.

"Seems like a real sweet ride, mate. Gotta cost you a fortune, eh?"

>He said.

| >>699385
"Leave the poor sod alone, I would say. Can be throwing him out without having him paying now, yeah?"

>Sabre remarks.

| >>699389

>at the impact, he instantly stood up and point a hidden finger gun model H-6 at Pete, locking him in his sight

[The screen show an "alert" menu with settings, but then it turn into a "!"]

>Realizing where he was, he stopped pointing his finger, seems like his RAM has some problems

[His screen now display a "SORRY!" sign with a cute crying smiley]

| >he ankwardly cross his hands where a mouth is supposed to be

| >>699395
“Yeah, you best be sorry...”

>>699392

“‘S’all fine. We’re all fine here. An’ ‘bout the Egret, she wasn’t so ‘spensive. The fusion engine cost a pretty penny but we managed. My girl, she coulda been a great engineer if she wanted to be. ‘Stead of that, we did more fun things. She was s’posed to be here today but I guess she’s runnin’ late like normal”

> Pete scratches his head and finally cleans the two shakers he’d used prior before returning his attention to the bar

| >>699400
"Sounds like you two make quite a nice pair."

>Sabre remarks.

"...and your partner is the grease stained lass, I'm assuming?"

| >>699423

> Pete flashes a big smile, beaming with pride

“Yep! Taught Dusty damn near everythin’ I know but seein’ ‘er work on any kinda machine... Issa wonder. If ya hear it from her, she’d already built her first workin’ motorcycle at age 13. Damn thing was jussa moped, but she was proud. My wife, Steph, already made Dusty promise not to build a bike for the little one”

> Despite his appearance and acting, he seems to have softened up considerably talking about this

| >The TV being raised his gloved hands at his "Cheeks", seems childish and happy as a blushing numeric smile draw on his face, looking at Pete Pride

[A cute smile, enthusiastic about hearing the little story, with littles pink cheeks, he's lookin for pete eyes]

>Then the pump reappeared and politely/shyly pointed at the Piledriver on the menus

[The screen didn't forget to put a little "please ^^" in addition of the smiling face]

| >>699425

| >>699425
"You make me want to meet this gal, Dusty, is it?"

>Sabre lets out, not actually meaning what he said. He grins again and gulp down more beer.

| >>699461
>At this, Sabre let out a chuckle.

"This one's brave, I like him."

>He says, clearly amused by the ordeal.

| >Suddenly, a dog — a grey Siberian Husky — bursts through the door with a bark, followed by a man trying to catch up with the dog. The man was wearing a coyote tan softshell jacket, navy blue jeans, grey combat boots, and a dark green fleece cap. On his belt was a holster holding a suppressed pistol. He catches the dog just in time before it could cause any mess.
>It was Red.

"Woah, woah, come on now, you can't be having that much energy left. Oh, hey, Pete."

| >>699461 >>699490
> Pete quickly made the drink and slid it down with a nod. He seemed in higher spirits now. He then goes back to Sabre to finish up.

"Me n Dusty, yep. She's a right terror. I'm glad she's on my side. This guy knows a bit about her, actually..."

>>699516
> Pete points towards Red and nods at him

"Howdy Red. How them roads treatin' you?"

| >>699674
>TV didn't insist for his Piledriver by fear of being shouted by Pete, illogical fear of course, then he turned his tv head at Red

[The screen show a "hello!" before turning into a little smile]

>then he turned his head at Sabre, just looking him while smiling a moment, and, finally noticing...

[a pink big heart on the screen]

>TV man seems excited as he look at the dog, forcing himself to not go pet/hug him, looking at this dog

| >While doing this, the Piledriver is slowly sucked into the machine with the pump
(Sorry, didn't read well)

| >>699516

| >>699674
"Pretty good, thank you."

>Red says as he finally manage to calm down his dog, which let out a soft growl and another friendly bark as he pets it.

"Stay here."

>Sabre turns around to see Red at the same time as Red sees him. Sabre grins.

"Owen Riley?"

"Captain Maple Syrup?"

"Fuck, I forgot you called me that."

>Red laughs.

| >>699711
>Red looks at TV.

"Oh, hey, nice costume."

>He looks as TV is having his sight fixated on the dog.

"Oh, you like Fenrir? You can pet him, he's pretty friendly."

| >>699818

>TV head give him a thumbs up for the compliment on his clothes, finishing his drink and paying it, thanking Pete with a friendly sign of the hand.

[The screen show a numeric smile with hearts around, and a small "Thanks!"]

>Then he stand up and walk to the dog, crouching and start approaching his gloved hand with shyness, but seems childish /excited

| >A tall man enters the bar, his head is bald, his shirt and coat are ruffled, and his mouth is twisted into what could only be assumed to be a scowl
>His left eye streaked with a large, dashing scar quickly scans the surrounding before he approaches the counter, sitting upon the closest open seat, which under his bulk seems to almost wince in pain
"I'll get a gut punch"
>He says, in a gruff voice with the slightest hint of a west coast accent

| >>699817

"You two know each other? Well, how 'bout that. Here's a round then fer y'all"

> Pete grabs two beers and opens them, setting them in front of the two comrades before shifting his attention to the newcomer. He quickly makes the drink and slams it down in front of the new stranger

>>699873

"Here. Don't go causin' no trouble, y'hear?"

| >>699882
>The man snorts as he grabs his drink
"Wouldn't dream of it, I'm here to avoid trouble"
>He drains the gut punch, putting the glass down with a smirk
"Howe about another' eh?"

| >>699884
"That's what we like here. I ain't wanna try 'n keep peace in a bar. Jus' a waste of shells, I think."

> Pete makes another drink, swapping the empty glass with the new one, cleaning up everything surprisingly thoroughly for such a dive bar.

| >>699886
>The man, Ludendorf smiles just the tiniest bit, although most of the scowl still remains on his face
"Cheers to that"
>He takes a sip, breathing out with satisfaction
"That's the taste, you got good hands chief"

| >>699887
"I ain't no bartender, but thanks. I'm actually retired, but this is jus' somethin' to pass the time. And I'm here only 'cuz I'm workin' a favor"

> Pete frowns a bit and look towards the door once more, quickly shifting focus to nothing in particular once he feels like he seems disinterested enough

| >>699892
"Favors huh, If ah' learned anything, it's to get others to owe em, not owe em yourself"
>He says, sipping his gut punch with his eyes closed, reminiscing
"'Grats on the retirement though, I wish I was there too"

| >>699893

“Retirement is easy if yer self-employed or a ‘independently contracted enforcement agent’ like my connect called me n my partner. My wife told me she ain’t gonna be happy if she’s gotta pull bits of lead outta my sorry ass if I’m ever back in a shootout.”

> He sighs and looks off almost blissfully, as if either kissing the shootings or his wife. Or maybe both

| >Ludendorf drinks a bit more
"Wish I was there indeed, shootouts are pretty much bread and butter these days."
>He smirks
"Though I guess they always been that way eh?"

| >>699872
>The dog sniffs your hand and becomes less excited and more... afraid. His ears and tail hung low, he backs up a few paces and whimpers before finally stopping and sniffing the hand once more.

"Oh, I think he might still be unfamiliar with lilims."

>Red remarks, seeing the way Fenrir reacts to you.

| >>699882
"Fuck yeah, let's go, you're the best."
>Sabre gives the Pete his cheesy grins again before downing the rest of his previous beer.

"Jesus, how many did you had before I came."
>Red says as he pick up his own beer.

"This is the third one."
>Sabre replies, holding the can up, before starting to drink from it.
"What's that face, the Captain Maple I knew ain't scared by no beer."

"Well, my girlfriend's gonna fucking murder me if I go home wasted with Fenrir on my back."

| >>699934

>seeing the way Fenrir reacted, he decided to raise his hand to his screen a moment, thinking

[In this order : "...", a lightbulb appeared, and white strips for a moment, after a few moments, a cat's head appeared on the screen, really realistic]

>he re-approached his hand for Fenrir, seems like the strange tv men have a good time

| >also strangely, a red text saying "im not Lilim" appeared for a few seconds not on the tv screen, but in the bar's own publicity screens behind the barman, seems like some creepy hallucination

>TV man enjoy the dog presence and let the adults speak a moment

| >>699949
>It was a success, if confusing(and scaring) the husky even more was your end goal. The already-spooked dog backs away even more and whimpers and barks loudly at the flashing lights your screen made whilst switching between various images, as well as the sudden flash of light on the bar's TVs.

>Red sighs and whistle Fenrir over, the husky obeys and rushes to its owner. Red pats the husky on the head and fiddle around in his pockets to grab some treats out to feed the dog.

| "It's alright, Fenrir."

>Red says as he pats Fenrir, who is chewing on some kind of treats Red gave him, to comfort him.

"He's kinda afraid of flashing lights, forgot to tell you about that. The trick you did with the bar's TV definitely didn't help your case."

| >>700012

>TV head didn't reacted to those words, but only down a little the brightness of his screen, he stay crouch, looking at Fenrir

[The screen show only a cute smile now]

>then he stand up a moment, before going alone on a corner seat, looking at the street

| >seems kinda suspicious now

| [The screen turn black]

| > Pete laughs at the goings-on at the bar. It all just seemed nice and lively and put him in a good mood

> The front door then slams open, and a short figure makes there way in, helmet firmly on their head. They ignore the conventional chairs and decide to plant themselves at the edge of the bar, perching up to stare at everyone.

> Pete merely laughs and acts as if he sees nothing of the sort going on, turning his attention to the people in front of him

| >>700124

>When they entered the bar, TV immediatly became more... silent, no more machine noise, he look like he's fearing those guy's...

[the screen remain black, nothing on this]

| >>700016
>Fenrir attempts to climb up to Red's lap. Red almost spill his drink and had to set the beer down on the counter and embrace the husky.
"Woah there, buddy, you're a bit too heavy for this."

>Sabre laughs.
"Ain't you two cunts cute, all hugging and shit."
>He chugs down more drink.

| >>700124
>Red and Sabre turns their attention towards the newcomer.

"Okay, that's a curious fella."

"I think that's Dusty."

"Oh, that lass, Pete talked about?"

| >TV stay silent like a corpse, he fear the newcomer, probably because of his clothes and helmet, he stay in the corner, he missed the cute interaction with the dog, it's hard to sneak when you are basically a classy costume with a TV head

[Nothing on the screen]

| >>700465 >>700422
> Pete pats the figure perched fully on the bar on the knee, prompting them to take their feet off, leaving them dangling over the bar. They glare at the trio on the bar, keeping the helmet firmly affixed

"Don't mind them. They ain't gonna try anythin' while I'm around. Usually they ain't so quiet, you doin' okay?"

> The figure just stares at Pete and does an odd shrugging gesture, which seems to appease him

| >>700613
>TV head heard that, and look like those guys aren't here for... Stuff, then he left his corner to stood up and go to the newcomers, TV man is really tall, so he down his hand a bit for a handshake, brrrr... Always creepy this damn TV guy...

[His screen turn on and show the word "hello", maybe he is not really reassuring, but he is shy enough to not scare other people]

| >>700649
>The Figure on the bar stares back and pulls there helmet off, tossing it to Pete who catches it easily enough.

> Like was said, it's Dusty, frowning at the Strange TV screen. She raises her hand and waves "hi." She has a bored expression on her face as she scans around, also waving hi to Red and Sabre before going back to pretending she's some sort of weird Bar Gargoyle

| >>700758
>TV guy seemed happy enough to have some good company with this bored girl, then he looked at Pete a moment

[A blue text saying "Can i broadcast the GC news here? It seems you didn't have any Television here"]

>the weird thing is that he didn't mention how hecan actually broadcast the news if there is no TV screen on the room, and his head is too small to cast this...

[The screen show a cute colorful smile, looking at Dusty from times to times]

| >>700787
> Dusty and Pete both give each other looks of confusion. Neither ever really paid any attention to the news>

"Look, I mean y'–"

"–could put it on, somewhere..."

> Pete started the sentence and Dusty finished it. They give each a smile and Dusty hops behind the bar to give Pete a hug and quick peck on the cheek before jumping on a counter behind him. She took the lead now

"TV head! Sure! But I'll throw something at you if I don't like what I see, fair warning"

| >>700916
>When TV head saw this cute scene, he couldn't resist, and raise his arms at his belly, struggling a little

[Many cartoon "Hahaha!" with a heart as exclamation dot]

>he slowly stopped laughing, calming down and stood up, walking at the direction of a unused broken publicity screen, looking at this a moment

["Let me concentrate a moment please", and "it take a moment"]

>TV head then stopped walking, waiting a moment

| >>700916
"Ha! That's cute. Dusty's giving her old man a little cheek peck."

>Red says, trying to get Sabre's attention off the husky on his lap.

"Well, he's fond of the lass, or so I heard."

>Sabre says as he down the rest of the can he has in his hand.

"Oi, Pete? Another beer maybe?"

"You need to calm down on the booze."

"One more, just one more."

| >>701034 >>701036
> Dusty stares intently, not sure about what the weird TV robot was doing. But she’d focus meant she missed that first comment from Sabre. Pete didn’t

“Don’t be sayin’ that too loudly. Dusty ain’t ever been to happy gettin’ called my girl. Mostly ‘cuz she we ain’t really kin. We jus’ been t’gether through thick ‘n thin fer what feels like almost too long now”

> Dusty catches the ending part and sticks her hand out. Pete pops four beers in response: one for all

| >>701084
"Alright, that's noted, I think I know what that's like."

>Sabre replies, catching the beer.

>Red downs the rest of his first beer and do the same.

"I'm gonna be wasted, what the hell."

"Relax, two beer ain't getting you drunk, mate."

"Right, wanna catch up on what you've been doing? I heard NDSec disowned you and your folks."

"Shh, don't use that name here, I'm gonna catch a bullet in the head."

| >>701176
“This place is Switzerland. Any bullets flying come from us only”

> Both Dusty and Pete spoke simultaneously and each reached a hand for their pistols. Once they each felt they made their point, they drank. Neither was aware they mirrored one another.

> Dusty let loose a sigh of relief after her drink and then frowned at the bar stage before talking

“Hey, usually there’s something more going on. The rain let up even. What gives?”

| >Ignoring all the tensions at the bar, TV head finally managed to figure out how he can fix that good ol' screen, three electronic wire came directly from his troath to quickly plug in, TV head took a sit near the connected machine

[Internal Repair in progress...]
[Internal Repair success]
[Machine software access : Granted, security type : BTC lvl 3]

>Look like there's a lot of weird stuff that TV can do... He can't take the beer for now, he's workin

| [Material access : 100%]
[Broadcasting: possible]
[engaging broadcast procedure...]

>The antenna fully erected on his head, the unused, repaired screen started to shine a moment, with a charging bar, when it's complete, snow appeared, and slowly disappeared to let the GC news come

[Brdcst startup]

"Of course my dear Tom! It seems like the Prime Minister QUINCY has recovered a great part of his fortune after the Blitz Trojan incident..."

>It worked!

| >>701213
> Dusty stares on in wonder as the TV comes to life. She'd never seen it work for as long as she'd been going to that hole.

"Wow! Can't believe that thing even worked! Now if only Motorcycle Football was still around to watch. I think the guys here would really love to watch that."

> She adjusts her seat and gets comfier behind Pete. Dusty definitely looks like she shouldn't be drinking

| >>701522

>the wires retracted to disappear on his throat dedicated hidden holes, then he stood up, looks proud and embarrassed, as he try to scratch the back of his head

[A little shy blushing smile, before changing to a normal numeric smile]

>then he walked up to take a seat at the back corner of the bar, always shy, he pointed the bar screen with his finger to toggle the channel choosing menu, waiting for your order

["?"]

| >>701588

> Pete takes a hint and walks over, spinning a fresh shaker in his hand. Something about the way it spins makes it seems that's not the only thing he can spin like a top

"So pardner, what'll it be? Lookin' fer somethin' else to drink while us old dogs and the lass talk?"

> Dusty now slumps a bit, unzipping her racing jacket yawning a bit. Seems she's either bored or tired. Or maybe even both

| >>701854
>TV head then let the GC news and lower the volume for Dusty, and then looked at Pete while crossing his legs

["No thanks!"]

>then he took a look at the street a moment before returning to Pete.

["Are White Knight patrolling on this sector? "]

>As usual, it's hard to describe the looking of someone who have a TV as a head, it's pretty confusing

| >>701911

"White Knights? Nah. They ain't come through these parts. Law enforcement only shows up if it's somethin' serious enough happens. All the biker gangs take better care of th' people here anyway. And without bribes"

> Dusty turns her head at the conversation and gives her two cents also

"I think the White knights got disbanded anyway. You've been out of commission for a while there?"

| >>701996
>TV slammed his fist on the table, seemed either surprised and shocked

["WTF!?"]

>Then he try to calm down a bit, as he make an apology gest for the surprise/noise

["... Tell me the date please..."]

>Look like he's lost! Where and when do that thing come from?

| >>702161

"It's September 26th, 207X. White Knights went good night for good like, three years ago?"

"Nah, I reckon it was 'bout two. We had a bounty from one them bureaus they got three years back, r'member?"

"Oh yeah... I remember that one now. That's when Wren got ruined for good."

> Dusty pouts a bit at remembering the death of one of her creations and drinks some more beer. Pete merely shakes his head at her antics, all too used to it now

|

Total number of posts: 116, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1601798997

This thread is permanently archived