danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
(Setting) Gray's Cab

| A fairly generic looking black and white style cab, with the word "Gray's Cabs" and the number 507-xxxxx plastered on the side. The interior is leather, with an adjustable glass pane separating the driver from the back passenger seats. The dashboard has two phones resting on it, one modern smart phone and one extremely vintage style flip phone.

| >The cab driver sits in the front seat, wearing a brown bomber jacket and a t-shirt with some sort of logo. He's currently lounging across the front seats while he smokes a cigarette and looks over a takeout menu
"Wonder what I should eat for dinner tonight"
>The man exhales and smoke trails out of his mouth towards the small gap where he has the window cracked

| >Whichever phone might be his work phone starts to ring, or alternatively vibrate if it's on that current setting. Perhaps a future passenger?

| >The driver picks up the smartphone and pulls it to his ear
"Heyo, Gray's cabs, where can I take 'ya?"

| >A feminine voice responds.
"Haha! Not right now, but.. There's a *Kira*Miki concert happening soon, you know? I saw your cabs mentioned on some board I was looking at."

| "oh, looking for a ride eh? I'm offering a special for that night so you picked the right cab!"
>He sits up and takes another drag on his cigarette
"And may I ask who's calling?"

| "Score!"
>The voice whispers, although hardly able to hide her excitement. Eventually she regains her composure and answers the question.
"Ehm.. If you'd write it down as Blues, please."

| "Sure thing Ms. Blues! Be sure to call back and let me know when you want to get picked up!"
>The man puts out his cigarette in the ashtray and grabs his other phone to punch in the customer name.
"Enjoy the show! And hey, if you snag me an autograph I'll give you an even bigger discount!"

| "Thank you, sir! I'll be sure to when the time comes 'round.."
>Background noise is heard.
"Oh, yes. I'll try my luck. Who knows, maybe I'll get /two/ copies?"
>She sounds amused by the thought.
"..Right. So, once more, thank you, and I'll call you back later as promised."
>The call ends.

| >Asher pulls out another cigarette and lights it with a smirk on his face.
"Blues, huh? She seems nice."
>He flips through the menu some more.
"Now I just need someone tonight, I'm burning zenni here."

| >Without another minute's haste, the phone of the cab driver begins it's alert again, another call from a customer.

| "alright!"
>He picks up the phone.
"Gray's cab, where can I take ya?"

| >The male's voice happily responds
"Hey, uh, how close is this call from Neko park? I need a ride to City Hall, it's a bit of a hurry, if you don't mind."

| "Neko park? I can be there in three minutes!"
>Asher starts his car and starts driving, wasting no time. He arrives shortly at neko park and pulls up to the curb on the outside.

| >The man stands watching the cab pull up, immediately entering the back seat as it stops. Closing the door, he slides in to the middle with his backpack and looks to the driver.
"Kazuki Nakamura. How much am I to pay you?"

| "From here to city hall is about 1100 zenni, give or take. Any particular reason you're in such a rush?"
>Asher pulls off the curb and starts driving.

| "Name's Asher, by the way."
>The man grins.

| "Asher..."
>Kazuki chuckled a bit before shaking his head. He reaches into the bag for his payment before handing the driver his zenni.
"I do photography and heard of a nice scenery area to shoot, but it's usually best to catch at a certain time within the hour."

| "Sure you're not going there to sell some tickets?"
>Asher waves his smartphone with the Kira Miki thread open
"You'd be KN, I take it? You better not be planning to swindle anyone. Not that it matters to me, I get paid for the can ride there whether the ticket is real or not"
>He grins again.

| >Kasuki hesitates to the sudden remark, shifting uncomfortably in his seat.
"W-What? No.. I left the tickets at my apartment."

| "Now I don't much care of you're up to something shady. Half this city is, after all. But if you're pulling something, it shouldn't be those poor kids looking for tickets you're pulling it on."
>He glances at the man in his rearview mirror.
"These people already have the corpe taking advantage of them, last thing they need is for their fellow people to be doing it too."
>The car stops.
"We're here. Now, just to be sure, you're not planning on hurting anyone here, are you?"

| >The car doors lock suddenly, and the man stares back with a gaze that says he'll know if you're lying

| >Kazuki presents more afraid, but takes a breathe and looks out the window.
"I promise I'm not up to anything bad. I'm a nice guy, and those tickets are up for amyone that wants them. I won't ask for much for them. I'm being as honest as I can. Promise."

>Kazuki returns his gaze to the driver, now confident.

| (Breath*)

| (Anyone*)

| > As if breaking the tension of the atmosphere, the cab driver's phone rung once more; another customer is in need of their service.

| >The driver unlocks the doors
"Alright, enjoy your photography then! I'll be sure to remember you if you ever call up again."
>He grabs the phone and picks up.
"Gray's cab, where can I take ya?"

| "Hey, we're kiiinda lost here in the roads of Uptown, can you zip by and transport us elsewhere? We're in.. uhm.."
> They checked their surroundings, skyscrapers was all they can see
"Where even is this anyway?"
> Pausing for a moment, they try to find just one place in hopes that the cab driver will know where they are
"We.. we're near this diner called, uhm.. 'Duffman'? Do you know where we are now?"

| >Kazuki nods and leaves, not bothering to stay for the call.
"Yeah, thank you."
>He makes his way down the sidewalks to reach the hall building.

Total number of posts: 29, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1513367317

This thread is permanently archived