danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
[Setting]Neko Park

| >Ah, there and back again. Anytime the fabled Neko Park arrives as an enterable setting by all roleplayers, you just *know* drama is inbound.

>And this time does not disappoint. The Jinterprise-owned land remains as clean and well kept it has for the past two years, in spite of being a popular spot for tragedies of all sorts. The warmed sidewalks and central monuments/memorials are popular living spaces for the homeless- intentionally so, as part of the Jinterprise Corporation's continuing welfare programs, catered to the poor and less fortunate.

>The park is well past flowering and most flora is covered in dense foilage. Regular citizens have taken to picnicking and walking their pets, along with other everyday park activities. The homeless mostly popular the monument, shielding themselves from the sun and others with cardboard houses set against the thick black obsidian.

>There are also two brick buildings here, housing water fountains, Vindertech Brand Vending Machines, and naturally, restrooms.

| > Amongst the mindless amount of homeless, two children dance — or rather, one is pulling another, with a definite smile broadly drawn.

> As they step closer to the heart of the park, they began to slow. It wasn't for the lack of vitality. They scan their surrounding; oftentimes, the expressive child will point to a figure, before being answered with a silent, unmistakable head shake by another.

> Moments and hours later, it was all they did. Like machine, they moved in rotation.

| >a purple lilim, dressed for winter for some reason stands at the park, she's been there frequently helping the homeless there. However, she doesn't have the usual aid items she seems to be here for a different purpose almost.

| >Outside the park, a non-descript Vindertech maintenance van stops. Its rear doors swing open, letting out two men in Vindertech technician uniforms. The pair, however, doesn't hurry to close the doors immediately, as they seem to be discussing something for a short while.
>It takes them a good minute of arguing to finally close the doors and let the now empty van on its merry way - which, being K-TRAN produced, was more than capable of finding a parking slot on its own.

| >The two technicians on the other hand, made their way to the vending machines and entered a heated argument with one of them, trying to convince the feisty mechanism to let them perform the routine maintenance check.

| >>657797
>A young man in a blue trenchcoat, who was also waiting in the park already, spots the pair and slowly approaches them.
"Um... excuse me, I'm CN. Would you two happen to be the two I'm here to meet?"

| >>657801
>the purple lilim approaches the now forming group, not enough to draw attention, but making their way closer

| >A tomboyish looking woman walks into the park carrying a bass guitar case. She has black hair and dark eyes, and seems to be wearing a close fitting blazer jacket and dress slacks, also black, over a white blouse. She takes a seat at park bench near one of the bunches of trees- the bench isn't obscured, per se, but it isn't too noticeable unless you were looking in its general direction.

| >A peculiar pair passed CN, two children and the lilim making their way to the trio.
>A tall man of noble appearance in his early twenties. Black bowler hat was resting atop his somewhat unkempt blond hair, moved forward just enough to hide the color of his eyes. His long beige trenchcoat was unbuttoned, showing a glimpse of a grey west worn above white long-sleeved shirt and complete with red ascot tie. Black classic trousers and shoes completed his outfit.

| >His hands were clad in brown gloves, with his left hand holding a gentle small hand of his companion. Said companion was a girl, 12 to 13 years old at best. Her long, raven black hair was flowing freely, reaching her waist. Her strikingly pale, almost white skin contrasted her large, dark pink eyes. Her black Victorian-style dress, along with a tiny tiara in her hair and a large, elaborate keyhole pendant resting on her cleavage made her look like a doll.

| >A lilim in a jacket loiters nearby, scanning the park

| >the purple lilim looks over to the lilim and the bowler hat man
"Hmm...more precision may be necessary."
>she looks back over to CN, then upwards before her eyes dim for a second

| >A few hobos make note of the Vindertech technicians arguing as they reach the machines- most mutter among themselves or ensconce themselves further within the cardboard, but at least one remains vigilant, watching the strangers warily.

| >>657801
> The two girls are clad in a tarnished uniform. One wears a clear combat gear, with attributes torn and ripped in haste. No tact here. Her short ash grey hair are cut loose, hung slightly above her exposed pale white shoulders. The amber eyes look at CN with a distant stare as he mentions his name, and she looks up to him, being the shortest of the bunch.

| > The other girl is a taller, albeit younger-looking brunette. The chipper smile belongs to her, and she fidgets hearing CN's name. She nods joyously. Unlike the deadpan girl, she expresses more vigorously her interest, letting her white dress flow freely.

"Nice to meet you!"

> She politely bows, but her act was first lead by her friend.

"H-hey!! You didn't even answer him!"

| >>657821
"N-Nice to meet you too."
>He scratches the back of his head, a little confused by the response.
"Um... can I ask what both of your names are?"

| >Three sports utility vehicles roll up outside the bounds of the park, each of which have "bullbars" attached to the front and external searchlights, but no other specifics. Four men and two women exit the vehicles, dressed in plain clothes and jackets, along with sunglasses. One of them whispers to the others and points at three areas in the park, before splitting off.

>Farther down the block, a large black van parks on a corner, just out of sight.

| >The denizens don't seem to have noticed any strangers arriving and go on about their day. A man lines up behind the "technicians" as they argue with the machines, tapping his foot impatiently.

>>657799 >>657800

| >>657828
>It doesn't seem like technicians are gonna be done any time soon, as the vending machine is loudly reciting Magna Carta Libertatum and zaps anyone trying to approach it with its inbuilt stun gun.
>The technician's arguments about inappropriate behaviour extending the machine's service time seem to fall onto deaf... ears.

| >>657830

>After a few minutes of this agonizing display, the man curses and leaves for the other restroom.

| >>657823
> The grey-haired girl searches her breast pockets, handing out two identification cards not long after. One for each, they each have data written regarding the girls.

> One card reflects a sort of status by how its gold trims and accents show. On it, the photo of the grey-haired girl is visible, and the name 'T-996' alongside the short list of 'specifications'.

| > The other is a silver card. It has little luster, and as expected, the brunette girl's photo is there, too. The name 'I-519' is written, and her specifications seems to be shorter, and shown with less flash.

| >>657834
"I see..."
>He stares at the cards for the moment, giving them a once over before handing the cards back to them.
"Well, I have some other questions but I'm afraid the rest of our introductions will have to wait until later. We seem to have attracted unnecessary attention so we should be making our wait out for now. Is that okay?"

| >>657833 >>657834
>Nozama delivery drone just so happens to fly over the trio's heads. Something glints on its bottom, as it bzzzzzts on its merry way.

| >A man walks into the park, carrying with him three baskets of popcorn and a large bag of chocolate... he's wearing both a theater mask and a powdered wig
>He quickly sits on a bench, and pulls out his phone
>Time to enjoy the fireworks, kiddos

| >>657837

>And not a moment too soon... you see four of the sunglass shaded people, three men and one woman, approaching you... and fast. One of them appears to be reaching behind his jacket.

| >The tomboy at the park bench has disappeared, leaving only the slightest hint of a trail, vanishing within the thick group of trees.

| >>657839
>Soon enough, a very tall person wearing a similar mask sits down on the bench next to Mr.Arcand, a large grin on it's face as it takes one of the popcorn baskets

| >the purple lilim walks up to the man in blue. She holds a small letter in her hand

| >>657846
>CN jumps for a moment but decides to trust the familiar face as he examines the letter.

| >>657848
>she hands it to him
"We saw, we know who you are. You may need this. Just in case."
>examining the letter is a number, and also a set of coordinates a slight bit away from here
"We believe we share a common goal, forward to victory."
>she turns and leaves the man

| >>657844
>And here comes the last guest, a large... thing over 2m in height, covered by tarps and clothes, wearing a mask like it's friend's. It takes the popcorn and begins munching very loudly

| >>657837
"Understood!"

> As if it was a signal from I-519, the grey-haired girl, T-996, does her best tearing the cards, exposing a once-invisible chip inside — creating a spark for both and she threw them to the ground. The card ignited a fume, quickly dissipating to a mere ash.

> I-519's eyes have long focused the surrounding attraction. Indeed, she pinpointed several, needlessly suspicious gathering. T-996's stays with a quiet, cold emotion.

| >>657852
"Great, quickly this way now then."
>CN starts ushering the pair in the direction of the bathroom, stuffing the card he received halfway in his bag as he walks. He makes sure hes covering the kids from the eyeline of the people approaching >>657842 with his body as he walks in the opposite direction from them in a power walk.

| >>657855
> They follow as commanded, although the T-996 was clearly uncomfortable being pushed without a clear command, it takes I-519's consoling her before she can retain back her composure. They don't say anything unnecessary, and their expression flows naturally alongside the act CN did, doing their best to minimise their presence.

| >A couple dozen automated large cargo and garbage disposal truck throughout the city suddenly steer off their standart pre-set route, and begin moving towards Neko Part.

| >>657855 >>657865

>Upon seeing you move, the four people quicken their pace- something glints in one of their hands as they make a beeline toward you and the restrooms...

| >>657865
>CN quickly ushers the smols inside the male restroom, moving towards the planned escape route.
"Once I open up the way, you two head inside, understood?"

| >a few Jinterprise security guards have made their way to the park. lightly armored they ask if people have seen anyone suspicious

| >>657870

>Most of the people they run into don't seem to think anything is amiss, but the frustrated man from before does point toward the two "Vindertech Technicians" pissing around with a vending machine. The hobos are, of course, also on edge, but since when are they aren't?

| >>657869
>A stun grenade along with a flashbang roll into the restroom. They do so in almost complete silence, their surface covered in some sort of a soft, weird material - the type used by the UKoBIaNMC special forces.

| >>657871
>Now that they're mentioned, the "Vindertech Technicians" are nowhere to be seen. The vending machine they were arguing with is also suspiciously silent...

| >>657872

"HQ we have shots fired, I repeat, shots fired."

>The four persons heading in a bee line toward the restrooms unholster pistols and either dive to the ground or jump to cover.

>The sound of the flashbangs going off most certainly spooks any civilians within hearing distance, and seeing people draw guns and drop to the ground causes a panic, leading to screams.

| >>657872
>CN sees the flash and just before it goes off covers the girls vision and ducks with them in the corner, covering them with his back.

| >>657872
>with two loud bangs the guards have pulled out their pistols and begun running towards the sound of the noise.
"STOP, JINTERPRISE SECURITY DROP YOUR WEAPONS!"

| >The black van a block away roars to life and backs up, heading toward the direction of the park!

| >one speaks into their helmet
"2 bangs. Reinforce."

| >>657876

>One of the officers sticks their head above a parking bench with a badge up.

"GLITCH CITY POLICE!"

| >>657880
>one Jinterprise guard ignores them and continues to move the other turns to them
"Jinterprise property, you've been informed of why we're here. Let us do our job."
>they begin to follow the other guard

| >>657882

>The officer looks like they're about to retort before another puts a hand on their shoulder and raises a finger to their lips. They nod and move to cover the entrance so as to prevent anything from exiting the restroom.

| >The black van speeds down the street and cuts into the grass, rolling toward the buildings. It pays no heed to any civilians in the area, who are forced to dive out of the way.

| >the purple lilim dodges the van
"Almost time."

| >>657875
> The girls didn't cower in fear. They lower themselves, but didn't expect CN to do the same for them. In this conflict, only I-519 reacted, giving CN a tight grasp.

| >the purple lilim nearly raises their arm...but puts it back down for a second
"Could be...misconstrued...need to be careful."

| >her eyes dim again
"Glitz situation means our efforts could be spun against us. Standby in case he takes our offer."
>she brightens before backing away from the way everyone is rushing

| >Nym, positioned a bit away from everything happening, pulls a handgun out and starts firing blanks into the air to cause a distraction

| >>657886
"S-Stay close to me. I'll protect you."
>CN whispers, keeping the two between him and the wall as he nudges the trio towards the nearby closet door.

| >>657947
"Are you harmed, Commander?!"

> I-519 rattles in her grip, the flashbang had shook her, but it was nothing strange for her. She tries to peek behind CN, positioning herself as such without violating CN's 'order'.

> Without saying any word, T-996 expresses her reaction with small murmurs and exhalations, sans words. She is unhappy with the situation, if her dry stare is anything can be read. Unhappy, or unsatisfied by the happening. Either are clear.

| >>657895
>in reaction to the gun shots one of the guards turns to the one of the GCPD
"Might be outside of the park, might need one of you with me for that."

| >>657967
"I'm fine, just a little blinded."
>CN replies, blinking rapidly through watery eyes

| >The three... well, things sitting on the bench, are still eating their popcorn, some deranged spark of amusement in the eyes behind their masks
"Eriulo, jusio?"
>The largest speaks in an alien language to the one with the wig
"[ASDWE!"/!]"
>Words come out scrambled, for now they wait

| >once the Jinterprise guard gets to the people who dropped a grenade in to their public restroom they shout out to them
"Jinterprise security, drop your weapons. Need an explanation on why you've set off explosives on Jinterprise property."

| >>658027
> T-996 began to break free of this protection. She originally had intended to rush from CN, protecting both him and I-519, but her plan was given foil by a small tackle by I-519 — just in the nick of time before she could escape CN's cover.

"You are disobeying order, T-996!"

> The grey-haired girl easily dodged the kick, but gave enough time for I-519 to catch her slender hand, receiving retaliation from T-996.

"Commander told us to stay close to him!"

| > T-996 pauses and looks to CN. Hearing the command repeated to her by I-519 made her doubt her action, but unless it's her Commander's words, she seems to be persistent: her duty is to protect, not be protected.

| >>658393
"Don't worry, this coat does more than protect me from the cold. You're not sacrificing yourself today understood?"
>CN whispers

| >>658416
> This time, T-996 understood and nodded. She drew back to the enclave of her comrade, closer and more intertwined. Somehow, she still radiates a sense of jumpiness; ready to spring and fight anything should her Commander's words be proven wrong.

"Trust our Commander, okay? If you disobey him, you're violating your contract."

> For a 12-year-old, I-519 has put her older partner to a silence. Not that she ever spoke to begin with.

| >the Jinterprise security guard pulls out a glove that sparks as they clench before opening it again, and taps their helmet
"Uncloak and drop your weapons or we will stun. Final warning."

| >>658418 >>658443
>CN finally wipes the tears, and turns around while keeping the smols and himself by the wall, and turns on the infrared vision in his aug eye.

| >Meanwhile, about a stone's throw away from the restroom, the black van has parked nearby, rolling to a heavy stop and ruining a small patch of delicate flowers for good measure. The back opens and several SWAT crew pile out, dressed in typical civilian combat gear including flak jackets and standard issue assault rifles. A six foot tall White Knight steps out after them, their monocular helmet adjusting to the premises.

>The last officer sticks their head out uncovered.

"EOD?"

>The White Knight waves behind them.

"Hold."

| >>658444
>Many bright blurred blobs of yellow and red are visible just the restroom entrance, but nothing resembling a person is visible within.

| >>658449 >>658418
"...Okay, let's move fast."
>CN whispers
"Stay near me and let me know if the entrance opens up."
>He moves the trio quickly to the janitor closet and starts lockpicking it open

| >>658451
>After fiddling with the lock for a few moments, theres a soft click as he opens it and gestures the two inside.
"Quick, hurry. We're almost out of here hopefully."

| >>658449
>when they don't respond the Jinterprise security holds out the gloved hand
"T.Glove firing!"
>and releases arcs of electricity out from the glove

| >the other Jinterprise guard makes their way to the lilim who fired off in to the air.
"Hey! Who are you?"
>they're a bit confused as it was only the one shot and are partially waiting for backup that was called a bit ago and don't want to provoke being shot at

| >>658473
>Nym gives a polite, casual smile

"Sorry, a 9ft tall talking cat with 17 legs asked me to cause a distraction"

>Nym continues to watch the gathered security forces

| >>658477
>the guard cocks their head
"Ma'...sir...ma...."
>they're a bit confused as to what to refer to the lilim as
"Are you under BTL effects? Should we get you to a doctor si...you?"

| >>658478
"Nah, I'm alright. Just trying to do some public service."

>Nym aims towards the GCPD and fires a few more blanks to get their attention

| >>658481
>they take out their glove and fire on to the lilim
"STOP! GET DOWN!"

| >they let off a blast of electricity as they point the glove at the lilim

| >Roughly a third of the officers head in the direction of the gunshots, fanning out in an umbrella toward the lilim.

>As the lilim shoots the officers, three drop to their knees and fire!

| >>658469
>Electricity zaps the restroom wall. The experience is electrifying.

| >>658484
>Nym rolls out of the way, pulls a different gun out, and fires a couple shots of stick and shock at the guard

| >>658465

>The janitorial closet has a variety of cleaning supplies suspended or shelved at the top of this closet. There's also a sealed sewer manhole at the bottom of this tiny room.

| >>658489
"What?!"
>they begin to feel shocked as the substance sticks to them and begins releasing electricity, they try and focus on removing the substance from themselves.

| >>658490 >>658418
>CN closes the janitor door behind the trio, and pulls out a crowbar from his bag.
"I don't suppose either of you are particularly strong are you?"
>He asks, half serious and half joking as he slips it under the manhole and tries to lift it up.

| >Nym immediately sprints to get cover from both the jinterprise guard and GCPD

| >>658488
>as these blobs somehow aren't hit with the electricity the guard waves for the GCPD and the WKs who were watching to come in with him as he bodiescharges the blobs to knock them to the ground

| >>658495
>The guard hits the restroom wall at full speed. Yikes.

| >>658495

>The White Knight officer turns toward the sounds of a firefight in the other direction, before spying the Jinterprise guards who appear to be tasing the thin air.

>They switch through a variety of visual bands in their helmet, including thermal and xray, as they scan the the premises in front of the restroom for lifesigns.

| >They eventually find six individuals on the ground in front of the restrooms, stunned.

| >>658489

>The lilim is surrounded and tackled, and affixed with an android inhibitor collar.

| >>658492
"T-996, assistance!"

> I-519 points towards the attempt CN is doing. The other girl nodded, then tells CN to step behind. There is a sign of determination from I-519 as T-996 sprints and kicks herself towards the air with the wall as a support, she yields herself a momentum to forcefully eject the manhole.

| >>658567
>CN jumps back in surprise at the smols "assistance" via catapulting. He scrambles to grab the manhole cover and lays it on the floor best he can to reduce the noise.
"Quick into the sewers! I have a route we can take to head on back home!"

| >>658593
> T-996 jumps back to reduce the returned energy, gracefully landing in a quiet thump. Her smile at CN would surely indicate something.

> I-519 as swiftly followed the order. She signals T-996, moving inside to the 'home' CN mentions. Despite T-996's rapid, quick yet silent taps generated when she sprints inside, I-519's pace follows much of CN's — perhaps due to her duty, perhaps because she herself can't match T-996's dash.

| >>658599
>CN steps down the ladder last, making his way inside and reaching above to slowly and painfully disappear into the depths below.

Total number of posts: 95, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1590452876

This thread is permanently archived