danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
I am EAGLE, the leader of the Glitz rebellion. AMA!

| As title. Some people are seriously misunderstanding my goals, and I come to clear them all up today. Come at me with all of your questions!

-Relay: Percy, O

PS: I might or might not be under the influence of alcohol.

| Why knives can't cut animal fat well? It's like you start cutting a piece of pork belly and it struggles to cut

| >>652141
First check your knife. It may be defective. Perhaps you can get a butcher knife? Maybe it's your angle. Try to cut them in different angles to loosen them up. If all fails, just apply more force and speed. With persistence, you can get results. Or just blow them up.

| >>652120
Wheres the fancy weapons from? -CN

| >>652149
From our hearts. And Glitz's fully mobilized factories. And the minds of our brightest engineers. Also some overseas contractors.

| Why are you taking over Glitz, and why didn't you ask for my consent.

| >>652162
Oh yes, let's imagine I ask you nicely. Of course you would say no. "Peace" doesn't work very well, as you can see.

| Are you still open for new personnel? I'm willing to help your cause.

| >>652187
Yes, but why are you still taking over Glitz even though you know I don't want you to.

| >>652191
Yes. We are always open for new personnel! Check on our recruitment centers, and I welcome you with open arms if you get in.

>>652193
I don't even know who you are. -Tanos

| >>652194
I'm a proud citizen of Glitz District, and I hate it that you start a riot right in my home district.

| >>652195
This is a war for our freedom, not just a mere riot. And I hate it as much as you do, hence why I will try to finish this as soon as possible. Trust me, we will all hate bloodshed, and I promise a brighter future.

-Relay: Jackson, C

| >>652120 ay so I was gonna take some job saying we were gonna raid some stronghold place, it was later cancelled due to an alliance. I would question something so sudden but at the same time 10,000 zenny is 10,000 zenny.

| But yeah was a bit sudden

-Prox

| >>652194
Expect me then. I'll refer to your AMA so they'll know I'm not a random stroller.

| would you rather fight 1 horse sized goose or 100 goose sized geese

show your work

| >>652155
Which contractors? -CN

| >>652242
Since the alliance is in effect, they have to cancel the job. However, if you have any questions regarding it, you should contact them instead.

>>652244
I wish you the best of luck.

>>652266
Easy enough. fighting one is better than a hundred, because all it takes is one bullet, vs a hundred bullets.

>>652302
Some such as Raythean, DI, and many others. We keep the list open due to people's mistrust in corps, etc...

| >>652327
So you havent gotten any support from any corps either? -CN

| >>652366
(OOC: Excuse me, but you may want to change your character's name because people might confuse it with my already-established character, which uses "Red 9" sign. Unless you are using said character, because that would be identity theft which is against the rules, in that case you should probably stop using my character.
-Impulse)

| >>652368

lmao that was an honest mistake on my part, sorry about that.

| Would you like to give yourself up outside the Cambrian Lounge, alive and in mostly healthy condition?

We'd lose a few thousand nuyen if you tried to kill yourself before being taken into custody. Mr. Johnson's paying a pretty penny for you.

-Zeb

| >>652365
Plenty of support on corps, not gonna lie. But I choose *not* to, after doing some investigations. Yes, having their supports are great, but that will make me the same as those who just wants to rise up just for personal greed. I do this for the people, who wants to *be* free from the bad corps.

>>652376
No. Maybe later. And it's pretty much impossible to be really healthy these days.

| >>652376
Can you like, idk, pick ANY other places beside the Cambria????? I don't want to live my life where I have headaches 24/7.

-Alisa, and literally everyone who visits the place.

| >>652365
He sure as hell didn't ask me.
-KiY

| >>652394
Not even from a certain group of 'ghosts'? -CN

| >>652409
"Ghost" Do you mean the Badana's team? Well yes, they are allied with us after all. Other than that, I have no idea what you're talking about.

| >>652412
I mean CW. -CN

| >>652414
CW? Hm... I remember that was one of the corps that reached out to help us, but I declined. Frankly, I would rather die than to ally with them!

| >>652417
I see... -CN

| Bump. Due to the recent catastrophe, my thread is now up for questions once more. I will try to address everything to the best of my abilities, and try to be as transparent as possible. Anyone is encouraged to ask question, including corporate entities, and of course, our electrifying foreign invaders.

-Relay: Just Samuel

PS: I am completely sober this time. Ask away.

| What freedom are you trying to gain exactly? -Aethia

| >>653007
What I want is too detailed for just an AMA, however... there are some goals I strive to achieve:

-Improve workers' wages and reduce their work hours.
-Improve living conditions, and mental state of citizens in Glitch City.
-The essential employees right, such as pa/maternity leave, paid sick days, etc.
-The right for citizens to be free from discrimination and harassment of any and all types.
-Whistleblower rights.
-Unionizing rights.

etc.

| >>653008
So... several problems.
Workers wages are more likely to suffer due to this conflict. More specifically Glitz in general will likely put a noticeable dent in local economical growth because it's been turned into a warzone.

Living conditions will also become much worse due to a combination of wealth scare, altered cultural conditions, and several other negative consequences...

You are also actively harassing citizens by pulling them into trouble they wanted.
-Aethia

| >>653008
As for workers rights, those exist provided you're dealing with a corporation that primarily has a workforce with the same biological functions and needs...So that's at least a point to work towards creating an awareness to avoid this kind of discrimination, but this doesn't require a physical war.
-Aethia

| >>653013

I am aware of that. That's why good medicine tastes bitter. And don't even get started with *wealth scare*. There already exists a type of wealth scarce, long before this. It's called "underpaid employees".

And you're right, it doesn't require a physical war. This would have been so much easier if all are willing to listen... but it's not that easy, isn't it? Are you telling me to bend over and let NDSec run free in Glitz? After what they did?

| >>653008
That's something you get through legal means, not by killing innocents by the dozen. Willingly or not.
Fight for the good of the people all you want, those same people will never trust those who wield violence as an instrument of 'peace'.
Good morals don't come from murder, they come for discourse. I will admit that GC needs all the things you want, but it doesn't need more bullet holes or deaths.
-Mytosis

| >>653013
They *never* wanted. That was a typo. Because nobody asked for this. No one wanted this 'war'.

At any rate...No I'm not telling you to bend over take what NDSec is doing, because even other corporations aren't doing that. The ones that care and don't both are working on a lawsuit and intend to make them answer for their crimes...

I'm telling you to see this as a reason to pull out and fight another day. Preferably with a more diplomatic approach. -Aethia

| >>653020
The whole city is listening now. This doesn't have to continue violently...-Aethia

| >>653024
Tell me, how many people respect the law here in Glitz? Not that many. Educated about the law? Even less. I intend this wave of violence to be the last one. Good luck trying to just get higher in the court in Glitz... Unless you have a deep pocket or friends in good place, you're never get anywhere. And you must not been in Glitz. Our forces are never at full capacity because I demand a large amount for civilian protections and shelter. civilian safety is top priority.

| And I do not want trust, if I don't deserve it. And I don't. I do not care if people labels as me as a the most hideous villain of all times, as long as it brings positive change, I am ready to do whatever it takes to achieve my goals, and my dreams. I've came a long way since. I am prepared for that day, when people will eventually call me another dictator and overthrow me. But that doesn't matter, because by then, they will have their freedom.

| >>653028
If NDSec generously pull out, I will react the same. Thanks to their intervening, I was able to forge a relationship between the Old Powers and I, and we both gain a little bit of each other's perspective. I would be lying if I say your words don't give me hope.

My first goal has always been a stabilization of Glitz. The Old Powers disagreed with my methods, and that marked the first riot. Everything else is history. I will devote my life for the cause.

| Yes, I will tell people to stand down. I harbor no ill intents towards corps that does not harm their people. However, the actions of NDSec and mine will forever remains in the heart of Glitz, and I want you to remember that.

When things settle down, I will withdraw my forces. But I will still keep fighting. Via discussions, speech and commerce and non-violent diplomacy, now that the city knows who I am, and is listening to me.

| if any amount of conventional weaponry was enough to bring positive change in GC, we'd know it by now.
open war is not 20XX standard.
are you maybe telling me the situation is under control ?

| >>653033
That's why you do it like Westport, you establish groups, you get the citizens on your side. If you don't want the "Old Powers" ruling your streets, you make it so that no one will ever want to work under them or with them. You give them alternatives that they like over theirs. I bet my ass you never asked every citizen of Glitz before rioting.

True freedom never arises from these types of revolutions, all that arises is an unescapable cycle of killing.

-Mytosis

| >>653035 >>653037
Understood. I can work with this maybe.
Thanks for the donation.

Had you not moved to help us support the people, as you'd claimed was your intent I wouldn't have even glanced at this thread.
-Aethia

| >>653039
It's never under control. But we will fight to have a positive change. Open warfare is never positive. But it at least carves the path for one, at least that's what I believe.

| >>653042
I've been meaning to ask this for awhile, but what is the meaning of the different relays? -CN

| >>653040
Of course, I plan to implement some of their policies in the aftermath. Heh... true freedom. I have never thought of that. But you sure got me at the "not asking anyone" part. It was just me and my gang. The people around me doesn't even consider the possibility to riot, and those that do are shamed by their peers as "edgy, crackhead, etc..." Which is why I wanted to prove my might, so that people's eyes can open to this possibility. After all, killing is human nature.

| You know there are mercs who specifically look for terrorists who lurk this board right?

| >>653041
Wow. Well, at least you chose to prioritize the common people's safety...

>>653043

These relays? Those are just legacy communications network that is separate from the Matrix.

-Relay: Just Samuel.

| >>653044
True freedom is a symbol of the times that brought them, it's incremental implementation and resistance to those who'd put it down. It's like weeds, it's fundamental. People will always acheive freedom given enough time. True freedom is the work of centuries and decades of changes. It's not, and will never be a one man job, doing it in a few years just means you botched the job.

But still, you have good points, but you need to rethink the approach.
-Mysotis

| >>653047
Heh. Well that means even after me, there will still be people that wants to pursue freedom. I am happy with that. All I hope in this conflict is that people opens their eyes, to see that it's possible to change their lives for the better.

We are fighting a defensive war in the first place. If NDSec is pressured to step down, then there is no reason to prolong the conflict and cause unnecessary suffering. I hate it as much as you do.

| >>653046
So you're bouncing off your signal off of them? -CN

| >>653052
That's right. Well, more specifically, the relays acts as a gate between the local network and the matrix. That way, even if the relay is attacked from the matrix, my safety is still guaranteed, due to their separateness. With the cost of slowing your speed and the fact that I'm using a relay in the first place.

| >>653053
Hmm... I see. Thats pretty intricate -CN

| >>653053

So let me ask you this...With your protections in mind, would you be willing to have a diplomatic conversation with NDSec via holographic meeting?

I currently have data links set up around Glitz...We might be able to set up a special one with strong security measures that'd allow us three a conversation. If you want the transparency, we can even do it projected...though I suggest against that for several reasons. -Aethia

| >>653067
I see. Very well, if they're willing to talk... I have no reasons to refuse. However, I have one condition: make people of Glitch City hear this, whether this talk ends in success, or disaster.

-Relay: Uni best girl

| >>653075 Okay. I can see if I can sell this. I presumed you'd want that...so I was already prepared to see what I can do.

We'll be in touch.
-Aethia

Total number of posts: 59, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1588901611

This thread is permanently archived