danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
(setting) O-kitsune courier and chop shop II

| >>641627

> Dusty eyes Lucetta, her outburst giving her some extra strength.

"Well shit, kid. Where the hell did that come from? Anything else you can tell me about this situation, since you sound like you know something about what's going on."

> She finally makes her way to Lucetta and takes a knee near her. She draws her 10mm and loads a fresh magazine.

"All of this just smells of something going all Costa Rica and I don't like it at all."

| >>641689
> Ray's glare were even sharper than Lucetta's. The distance of which both stands permeate with a heavy, dense atmosphere.

"You crook. Even in front of other people you lie."

> He says, gone were the childish nature he poses. He turns attention towards Dusty, trying to loosen from the anger.

"Listen! That girl over there isn't who you think she is! Do you think she's innocent?! She torments us more than you can ever think of!"

"Fuck off!"

> Lucetta replies instantly.

| >>641716

> Dusty stows her pistol and yells out what can only be described as an ancient scream. She shoots a death glare at Ray and Lucetta both. The girl especially had been just on her nerves all day. She reaches into her pocket as she grabs Lucetta's headset with her off hand.

"BOTH OF YOU JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP"

> She yanks the headset off Lucetta and goes to throw her feeler gauge set at Roy... only to throw a bunch of metal scraps that blow harmlessly in the wind.

"FUCK"

| >>641722
> Having been prepared, Ray has long since taken a sprint towards Lucetta. His reaction time may have been well, but his acceleration is much of the same too.

> Lucetta, now with her visions cleared, is completely flinched by the sudden light entering her eyes. She backs off, only coming to sense after Ray is as close as he can be—

"Fuck—!"

> A hand that is bent and shattered leaves her with little guard when Ray launches a single strike towards her.

| >>641723
> Dusty is now in full anger mode. She kicks herself back and throws the helmet in her hand up as well as her 10mm. She tries to use the distraction to shoot Ray in the leg to stop him but the shot goes wide, due to her odd stance. She lets the gun drop and grabs the helmet, aiming square at his face instead, chucking it with all her might.

"I JUST WANTED A CALM FUCKING DAY."

> She really puts her back into it, and with how close he was, there wasn't hope he could dodge

| >>641724
> Ray's face received the full impact, sending him a solid foot away. He staggers, and his strike cancels mid-air, giving him even more repercussion for throwing such an obvious attack.

> Lucetta steadfast recovery from the temporary stun turns her steady. The helmet-throw surprised her, but not as much as the shout Dusty did.

"You imbecile dickwad! What was that for?!"

> She shouts towards Ray.

| >>641727
> Dusty takes the moment to stand back upright like she should and draw her revolver now. She aims is squarely at Ray.

“One of you assholes start explaining what the fuck is going on right now. Why me? Why did I have to get involved with this.”

> As she speaks, she keeps her gun trained on Ray. She takes the time to bend down and collect her fallen pistol, also. Just in case

“Especially you, girl. That explosion fucked my paint job. That’s a two hour process you know!”

| >>641729
> Ray tends to the bruise inflamed by Dusty's helmet, however, he also kept a single hand raised. Not long, two of them touches the air -- waving a defeat.

"It's a plan that got severely out of hand."

"OUT OF HAND?! You HAVE the fucking audacity to make a pun AND make me suffer?!!"

> Lucetta's emotion too, has started to go unchecked.

"Nobody wants to involve third parties, but she had to go here with Sora."

> Ray continues, not minding Lucetta ome bit.

| "What the fuck was this all about then, Ray?!"

> She rephrases this time. The question reflects better to the situation that went out of control.

"Ask yourself, 'Master'."

> Lucetta grits her teeth through the answer Ray gave. There was a tone difference with the way he said 'Master'.

"So you see, Dusty. I am; me and Sora -- and everyone in Caramel Anne -- are all just her little slaves. Little expendables she can buy with money. Through and through."

| >>641754
> Dusty white-knuckles the grips of her pistols. Something about that specific phrasing really rubbed her the wrong way.

"Yeah, I fucking get it! How the fuck do you think I made a living?! I could have lost my legs because of you two assholes!"

> She walks upp nudges Lucetta with the muzzle of her automatic to get her attention

"You're gonna owe me for damages, you know? And your paying my medical bill Ray!"

| >>641870
> Lucetta takes the muzzle and puts it as close to her as possible, dragging Dusty along with a light tug. She is face to face with Dusty now and there is a glare that speaks anger, ire, and one seeing past a thousand yard.

"Make attention. I will pay for everything that shithead did. Shoot me off if you want'ta."

> The rest of her reddening face has been dirtied with blood, dirt, and sweat. The whites of her eyes have long been tainted by the dilating blood vessels.

| >>642022
> Dusty angrily pulls her gun away and shoves her lightly aside. She still has the revolver pointed at Ray, as if she's waiting for him to try something. It feels heavy in her right hand. She talks to Lucetta anyway as She judges her.

"If I wanted to shoot you, kid, I would have done it by now. Actually..."

> She shifts her aim point in her left hand and fires two quick shots at the headset lying in the streets.

"I guess I did just shoot you. Sucks to suck."

| >>642026
> Lucetta, once being shrugged over, reaches for the broken head unit. She tries to use her defunct arm through sheer habit, realising it was of no use when she couldn't keep it moving. Now, with the other hand, she takes the unit and dug through to find the unharmed chip still inside.

"Unlike you all, I can't make a damn sense about shooting and killing people. It doesn't solve shit."

> She pockets the chip, looking at the two with an exasperated face.

| "Ray. You fucking do whatever. I don't care. I give you freedom. There. Have at it. You don't want to help me anymore, right?"

> First, she addresses the big issue at hand. The demolished car -- the now-gone Sora, it's not worth the sacrifice of anything anymore.

"And listen, Mercenary Gal. I get in your mind you're acting tough and shit, but I can pay you to point the gun at anyone. Remember that. People with money hire people with magical, ludicrous fatuous abilities."

| > Ray with his hands still up, couldn't make a gist of what's happening. The revolver is enough to put him on guard, despite seeing the weakness in Dusty's current stance, he chose to stay put.

"All the rue are getting to you, boss?"

> He says. He tries his very best to not sound off-putting now.

"I don't want this temporary freedom. I want you. Gone. If I let you, you'll only take others to the ground."

> Lucetta stays quiet from this. She's had enough, too.

| >>642097
> Dusty scoffs and lowers her pistols. She's had enough and begins to limp back to her motorcycle.

"Sucks for both of you. I'm not a bounty hunter any more. Couldn't pay me enough money to have me shoot either of you."

> She stops and kicks a piece of metal that used to be an SUV. Maybe the old man was right about needing something else. Shooting people never was ideal, no matter what she thought

"Consider your package burned, too. No way I'll let Fox even touch it."

| >>642211
"…Package?"

> Lucetta lowers her guard momentarily. She focuses on that word -- no, something connects now.

"What was that girl thinking sending a package?"

> She murmurs, eyeing Ray to keep a close watch on him.

"At least act professional and RTS. I'm not even the one who sent it."

> She goes back to Dusty, fully aware now that Ray too, is incapable of acting out any plan in his current state.

| >>642214

"You seriously must be out of your fucking mind if you think I'm going to be professional about this. Look at the fucking state we're in! I wouldn't surprised if there's blood inside the Albatross that *I* have to clean."

> She points at Lucetta with her gun, finger still primed on the trigger. She then focuses her attention back to Roy, doing the same.

"Do whatever the fuck you want once I'm out of Dodge. Just don't expect any kindness from me for a while."

| >>642216
> Both stayed quiet this time. Lucetta had one, one particular thing to say, but her mind retracted upon it before she can void a single letter.

> It was at this moment that she began to cool off -- letting Dusty leave is probably the best now -- and leaving Ray as is may be what solves the issue.

> Though Ray is less inclined to agree after being pointed a gun all day. There's still an inkling of… something. A spirit to do another round of this.

| >>642264

"Pick up the ashes in the landfill if you want. Stop by my shop while I'm around and I can't guarantee you'll be walking out either. That goes for both of you."

> She looks at the pistols in her hands and sighs some more. Both well worn and her most loyal companions, aside from Pete. She unloads the 10mm and fires the still live round into a piece of glass lying on the ground before stowing it. She spins her revolver in her hand like a pro as she limps back to her bike

| >>642269
"So, what did you expect from this, you tard?"

> Lucetta pushes her hand slightly, trying to correct for the fracture in her other hand. It's here where she realises that she is missing the degree to become a orthopaedic surgeon. The sound of crack followed by a wince and a grimace from her is enough sign.

> Ray stays silent. He does have an answer-

"You do have an answer, do you?"

> -But Lucetta had known that beforehand, even in this world of pain.

| "As if the world hasn't had enough of my fuck-up, now you need to add another."

> Lucetta tries to find her phone. Of course, it's nowhere here -- or in this world anymore. She sighs, leaving a gaze to Ray, who has lost the will to click back to the conversation.

| >>642378
> Dusty finally makes it to her motorcycle. She slides her helmet on and turns on her bike. The "User death" warning now got to be replaced with a litany of damage reports from the inside of the bike. A whole bunch of work

"YOU'VE GOTTA BE FUCKING KIDDING ME!!"

> Her yell echos through the streets as the bike can be heard struggling to fully turn on. As the bike sputters, machine gun fire spurts out. Possibly the solenoid Dusty had mentioned before. She struggles with it

| >>642492
> Hearing the yell caught Lucetta's attention by a sudden surprise. Damages done unto her by Ray then forgotten, she waves to the man a simple goodbye.

"Come to work when you want ta'. Just don't expect home to be open for you, fucko."

> Her back faces Ray. Holding back the pain, her expression stays stiff as she walks towards Dusty.

"Oi, you need help?!"

> She shouts to Dusty, now ready to become more nuisance.

| >>642555

> Dusty forces the bike to shut down once more. She quickly opens a hatch and rips some odd metal cylinder from the inside. It's definitely hot as some smoke emanated from it. Her frustration also boils over and she throws it at the direction of the voice, hoping it hits something

"YOU'VE ALREADY DONE ENOUGH DAMAGE!"

> Once Dusty fulls realizes where the voice is, she remembers that her aim had always felt a lot better when she was pissed.

| >>642580
> The shot squarely hit Lucetta. It didn't take long for her to register that she now needs a new arm -- and perhaps, a swift visit to the hospital.

> She flinches, stunned at the stub appearing right where her left hand is, among with the blood that starts to puddle on the shadow she casts.

> Her eyes widen. The sensation creeps slowl with a crash. The mangled remains stares back at her with the same horror.

"B-boss?!"

> Ray's scream followed suit.

| >>642584
> Dusty turned her back on them and went to close her bike up. The "young girl" clearly wasn't one. She didn't quite care any more either. She does manage to find her small personal first aid kit at least while searching for her spare gloves. The bike seems to be stabilized with the weapons disabled.

> It comes to life, albeit still shaky. The front wheels seemed off, even. No matter. She tosses the pack at Ray while giving them a thumbs down. Was it mercy or kindness?

| >>642589
> The shock of blood loss forces Lucetta to take a step back. The headache stings, and the sanguine smell completely obstructs her nostrils. As if the tired body she has isn't tortured enough.

> Ray saw the thumbs down as pity. He nods to Dusty after accepting the first aid kit, without saying a single word, and approaches Lucetta. The laboured breathing struck her chest with pain rivalling only the actual wound itself.

| "Y-you… suck a-at killing me—"

> Lucetta cracks a simple joke, chuckling at Ray. He understood enough of this and gently pushes Lucetta to sit down -- she shrugged him off then let her asphyxiating self tell everything with a heavy breath amidst the bluish lips.

"I said--I said fuck off—"

> Annoyed by this Ray gave the girl a solid slap, mixing the pale face with a grasp of red streaks.

"You're a big fucking nuisance right now."

> He follows.

| >>642705

> With a hard bash, the bike’s console seems to fix itself. So much for redundancies if a small explosion will ruin them. A load surge of electricity can be heard and the Albatross rises to full life.

> Dusty guns the engine and flies forwards. She zooms past the two of them, leaning just enough to grab the bits of destroyed headset for her personal use later.

> In the end, she got what she was curious about, even if it was for a steep cost.

| >>642773
> Never mind the unit, the blood that's yet to clot takes Lucetta's attention still. She manahes to catch the glimpse of Dusty catching her invention, but leaves no command for Ray or anyone to catch her-

"Just leave her."

> Lucetta says upon noticing Ray's shifted attention. Why is the man still tending to her?

"I… Honestly…"

> She sighs, clearly seizing the moments where which her pain subdues.

"Shit happens. Fix me up and let's just go home."

Total number of posts: 31, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1586463804

This thread is permanently archived