danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
missing person- please help!!

| Hi there!

I'm new here and I don't know if this is the right place to put a request like this, but I was hoping a few of you might be able to help me track down someone who disappeared... :? I only heard about it recently, but it seems like they went missing a long time ago- and no one ever troubled themselves with finding out why. :(

Miss Maggie says that lots of people get help with this sort of thing on /u/- I'd love it if you could support that statement. :)

-PB

| >>640369

Alright, let's hear it. -MC B.B.

| ...or, to be more specific- what can you tell us about this missing person? -MC B.B.

| >>640370 >>640371
Oh, thank you, MC B.B.! :)

Um... where to start...? :?

From what I remember hearing, he vanished almost as soon as he came to town- but he left behind a lasting impact: all of the women around seemed to blink out of existence with him! Only the men were left behind. That's how you can tell this happened a long time ago, since >>>now GC's population is predominantly>>>female...

-PB

| >>640381

...the guy's name wasn't something like 'Cotton-Eyed Joe', was it? -MC B.B.

| >>640385
Wow, that's a great guess, MC B.B.- his name >>>is "Joe"! :) I'm not sure he was described as "cotton-eyed", though. :/ What does that mean? I've heard of people describing other people's>>>heads as being full of cotton (Miss Maggie does it with her son all the time!), but never their eye sockets. :?

-PB

| >>640389
Don't ask me, I only know him from a song. A song that, uh... Appears to be >>>really old in this place... -MC B.B.

| >>640393
You >>>know Joe, MC B.B.?! :O When did you last see him? Where?! You said "from a song"- did you record something together?

You need to be careful! Word has it that the women >>>fled... Maybe he chased after them? :(

He didn't tell you about any of this, did he?

-PB

| >>640398
No, the song was >>>about him. That said, I'm more than a little curious about where he's gone off to myself, now... -MC B.B.

| Joe, if you're reading this, leave MC B.B. alone! >:(

-PB

| >>640403
Oh! I misunderstood. :( Let me make sure I have this right, now:

You >>>wrote the song about him, MC B.B.? You created Joe?

-PB

| >>640405

No, country music is... not really my style. That song was written way before I was born. -MC B.B.

| >>640406
:O So he really >>>is terrifying enough to have people sing tales about him for decades, like a modern day telling of the Odyssey... That's>>>scary!

I guess a song is a good way to send a warning message about him to other people-- though, who could forget a face like his? :( So frightening!

-PB

| >>640410

You could say that, yeah. If it's any consolation, though, he hasn't been seen in a while. -MC B.B.

| >>640413
Thank goodness! Those strange limb augments of his could do some fatal damage to any unsuspecting passerby who crossed paths with him. :(

You and I should both keep an eye out for him, MC B.B., since it seems like we're the only two here who are even remotely familiar with this mysterious Joe... If that's even his real name. :/ We have a duty to protect GC's citizens from the sharp, treacherous claws of... "Joe"! >:T

-PB

| >>640423

Yeah, good call. Next time he strikes, we'll be ready. -MC B.B.

Total number of posts: 16, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1585702726

This thread is permanently archived