danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
(Setting/Bar) The Hazy Moonlighter Part 2

| >As always, no shortage of strange happenings and interesting people came and went tonight
>It's a clear night, the air outside is soberingly clear in sheer contrast to the lively interior of the bar!

>more then a few souls are in a drunken haze soon to leave, but the night is still young and plenty more are welcome to visit!

| >>615716
"i figured as much. You're a good looking guy and she's also pretty good looking"
>They continue to knock on the counter
"How did you two meet?"

| >>615799
>at this point it just devolves into embarrassment wracked mumbling, his face so red you could fry bacon on it if he wasn't hiding it away by burying it in his palms

>Congratulations!
>you have created 「embarrassed puppy」!

| >nico laughs at his plight
"Ppfffttt! Look at him! Hes as red as a strawberry!haha!"
>wiping away a tear she relieves him of his folly
"Gee how about you just focus on drinks for now big guy? Haha!
Ohh-">she takes a breath to calm down
"Sorry about him, hes bad with compliments"

| >>616040
>they lean forward onto the counter
"It's okay that he's bad with compliments. I just wish he'd get over it and get me my second drink already."
>Slumping a bit more
"How do you know Captain Embarrassment over here?"

| >>616042
>nico just giggles and silently points to the brandtini thats already there

| > Dusty laughs nervously and tries to give a flirty sort of smile that would get her out of trouble if she weren't who she is to Red. She then waves at Fox as if to link her distraction to him

"You're a big strong man. I'm sure you'll be fine! Maybe you're just too well rounded to get distracted

> Meanwhile, Fox gets comfy and keeps talking to Sidney

"Cass is weird. But he's nice and he pays me more than enough for my work! Are you a courier too?"

| >>616045
"Oh. Shit."
>They sit back up straight and starts sipping on the brandtini
"I really am more burnt out than I thought."

>>616142
"He seems alright, and yeah. I'm a courier. Generally for off the books deals though."

| >>616142
"Just don't break someone's neck next time​ you got distracted"
>Red didn't notice Dusty's smile

>Impulse walks over to Red with Arnir, who is carrying blacked out Anbor on his back.
"We are going to go back to workshop, just follow us whenever you are done"

"Alright"

>Impulse and the medieval duo leaves

|

| https://i.imgur.com/xzHRerk.jpg
> The relative quiet of the street outside was shattered by the roar of a V8, as a white Plymouth Superbird with the name 'Fly Rod' on the side screamed down the straightaway at well over 100 mph.
> Before passing the bar, the driver applied the brakes, and the massive car screeched to a halt in front of the Moonlighter, leaving a long pair of tire marks behind it.
> Miro, cleaning a glass, looked up at the car outside, and his eyes widened.

| >>616439 "Dear God no." he said, surprisingly calmly. Whoever this maverick was, Miro presumably knew him.

| >>616440
>Liz comes back into the Moonlighter carrying a few crates
"I sourced some high quality oranges for use here."
>She puts them on the counter and sees Miro's eyes widen
"Hey uh, you good?"

>Sidney sees Liz come back in with the crates and then looks over to Cass to see his reaction

| >>616543 >>616440
>poor cassie is much to embarrassed to really react, his face still hot enough to fry some bacon
>mmmmmm bacon

| >>616543 "Uh, yeah, I'm fine... I just didn't expect to see my grandpa - "
> At this time the car's driver entered the bar. He was taller and of a more balanced build than Miro. He was clearly an old man, but still had at least some youthful energy, or perhaps just eccentricity. He wore an faded but clean suit and a short, flat-brimmed hat.
"Miro, my boy! Nice to see you've found some gainful employment."
> He sat at the bar.
"A sunshine cloud, will you? Give me a taste of home."

| >>616607 "We have much work to do, you know. Enterprise never rests."
He looked at Liz.
"And this, I assume, is your employer?"

| >>616562
"Hey Cass. Why do you look so flustered?"
>She takes the oranges to the back to put them in a fridge
>She then returns to behind the counter
>>616608
"That I am. Hes been a real help around here."

>Sidney finishes their brandtini
"Hey robo lady, what's your favorite drink?"

>Liz looks to him and replies
"I'm a fan of a nice sugar rush or some absinthe"

>Sidney slams their fist on the counter
"Then give me one of those"

| >>616770
"Coming right up. you might want to lay off the booze though. You seem a bit tipsy."
>She mixes up a sugar rush and passes it forward to them

| >>616770 "Glad to hear that. He always says he likes to feel useful. Doesn't realize how much help he is, I think."
> Miro was mixing him a sunshine cloud, the same way he had done earlier with more authentic ingredients.
"After I'm done with that, I heard someone absinthe? I'll definitely have some of that if you don't mind."
> Miro finished his drink and the man took a sip of it.

| >>616770
>ahh it seems he gassed out
>Completely zoned out from said embarrassment and literally overheated
>seems like someone needs to find a way to snap him out of it?

| >>616815 "Now, Miro, about the Flooded business..."> he said slightly quieter
"Yes, I'll get the ad up, just maybe don't talk about it here please?"
> Now what could this be about? Whatever it was, Miro didn't seem particularly enthusiastic about it.

| >>616815
"He's a good kid. I've enjoyed having him around"
>Liz points to a spot under the counter near Miro
"Absinthe is down there."

>Liz waves her hand in front of Cass' face
"Hello sleepy head. It's time to wake up."

>Sidney slams back the sugar rush
"Hey barlady, this *hiccup* didn't have any booze in it"

"I'm well aware. You've had enough tonight."
>Liz shrugs

| >>616968
"WAH COMMUNIST HERAKLES!"
>it seems to have spooked him awake
"Oh hi your back"

| >>616970
"Welcome back to the land of the living."
>Liz comes out from behind the counter and walks over to Sidney who seems to have passed out at the counter
>She puts her hand on their shoulder
"Hey, kid you alright?"

| >>616971
"Yeahh...im..ba-"
>and he stars zoning out again
>heh the dum dum

| >Sidney raises their head up from where it was
"WHY WASN'T THERE ANY ALCOHOL IN THAT DRINK."
>They stand up suddenly and pull a small gun from their pocket and point it at Liz

>The second she sees the gun, her eyes glow red and she leaps to where Sidney is
>The gun goes off, the bullet hitting Cass' vase
>She grabs their arm and twists and a loud cracking can be heard
"MOTHER FU-AAAAAAAAH"
>Sidney howls in pain while Liz unloads the gun and puts it on the counter

| >>616979
"Now that was a real fucking stupid thing for you to do now wasn't it?"
>Liz says while pocketing all the bullets
"Now your arm is broken and you have to buy Cass a new vase."
>She shakes her head
"I'm not sure what to do with you at this point. I know you're drunk and belligerent but all the same you're now injured. Cass, will you call for someone to come and fix this kid's am?"

| >The broken arm seems to have sobered Sidney up
"Goddamnit. I should have known better drinking a bunch after work."
>They groan in pain
"Robo lady can I do something to pay you back for that vase or whatever? I'm a pretty good courier. I'm just a lousy drunk."

>Liz sighs
"I'll think of something. But for now just sit tight and we'll get someone to take care of your arm."
>She shakes her head again
"Why did you have a gun in the first place?"

"I have a dangerous job so i have to"

| >>616979 >>616980 >>616981
>One of the armed guards in the back rushed over to check on Liz and the guy
"Can you explain what's all this mess about, kid?"
>He has a rifle aimed and ready if you try anything bad.
(Keep in mind that the guards are still here)​

| >the sudden gunshot causes cillia to panic
>said panic means somehow...cil and her friends are immediately encased in a layer of protective ice?!?

>what the hell
>one would assume cassie is awake under there
>cold and confuzzled

| >>616984
"Everything is fine. I took care of it."
>Liz shows him the pistol Sidney had and then she outs it in her pocket
"The only thing I'm concerned about right now is how this kid is going to repay Cass for the vase"

| >>617012
>The guard put his rifle back on safe before slowly lowering it.
"If you say so. Have him watch the glasses?"

| > Fox and Dusty both watch everything that happens from where they are, exchanging worried and odd glances at one another. Both seemed to have forgotten everything that even happened around them. Dusty more or less shoves her way over to her roommate and whispers something in his ear before quietly just walking off, leaving Fox by himself. He looks around and is completely lost.

"Anno... can I please have a Bad touch? If everything is okay?"

| >>617014
"Maybe. Might have them just wash dishes in the back for the rest of eternity. Who knows how much that vase was worth."
>Liz pours herself and the guard a drink
>She slides his forward then takes a sip of hers
"But who knows, really."

| >cassie and co are still very much frozen
>poor souls

| (Miro here OOC, I'll probably post something soon, just don't want anyone thinking I disappeared again.
Sorry if I'm being awkward.)

| >>617341

> Fox sips his drink as he starts texting "Alexander" about the situation going on. He mentioned something about working in a hospital, so there was no way that he wouldn't know a little bit about how to handle what's going on. He gives a brief rundown from what he saw and hopes that it'll be okay soon.

"T-thank you, Liz. I'll just be... here."

| >>617341

> Fox sips his drink as he starts texting "Alexander" about the situation going on. He mentioned something about working in a hospital, so there was no way that he wouldn't know a little bit about how to handle what's going on. He gives a brief rundown from what he saw and hopes that it'll be okay soon.

"T-thank you, Liz. I'll just be... here."

| >>617525
>[Seen at 9:47 PM ✓]

>[Alexander is typing...]

>There's about a 5 minute delay before Alexander (like the worried mother hen he is) begins sending Fox a flurry of concerned and... very confused messages. Is he hurt? Is he in danger? Does he need someone to come pick him up--

>--does his /mom/ know he's out living it up in a place like this?!

| >>617525
>[Seen at 9:47 PM ✓]

>There's about a 5 minute delay before Alexander (like the worried mother hen he is) begins sending Fox a flurry of concerned and... very confused messages. Is he hurt? Is he in danger? Does he need someone to come pick him up--

>--does his /mom/ know he's out living it up in a place like this?!

| >>617530

>[Ayanami is typing...]

> So there was a fight and it all broke out because of some misunderstanding I think?? (・・;)
> I was just here to perform a delivery and wanted to stay because my roomie was here and now it's all chaotic and there's guns and i'm just in the middle of it (; ̄ェ ̄)
> Also please don't worry Angus because she has enough to deal with now

> Fox typed surprisingly fast

| >>617530

>[Ayanami is typing...]

> So there was a fight and it all broke out because of some misunderstanding I think?? (・・;)
> I was just here to perform a delivery and wanted to stay because my roomie was here and now it's all chaotic and there's guns and i'm just in the middle of it (; ̄ェ ̄)
> Also please don't worry Angus because she has enough to deal with now

> Fox typed surprisingly fast

| >>617632

>Are you still there? The safest thing to do would be to grab your roommate and leave!!

>Mr. Ayanami, /you're/ the one who's going to be worrying Ms. Angus, not me. Whether you worry her from a hospital bed, or from home when you're telling her about the night you've had for yourself is your choice!

>...

>... What do you want me to do?

| >>617632

>Are you still there? The safest thing to do would be to grab your roommate and leave!!

>Mr. Ayanami, /you're/ the one who's going to be worrying Ms. Angus, not me. Whether you worry her from a hospital bed, or from home when you're telling her about the night you've had for yourself is your choice!

>...

>... What do you want me to do?

| >>617811

>[Ayanami is typing. . .]

> Dusty already left because she didn’t want to be around of law enforcement shows up ヽ( ̄д ̄;)ノ
> And I don’t know! You’re a doctor maybe you can at least tell them it’ll be okay? ( T_T)\(^-^ )
> I can still detonate a flash bomb if I have to escape too though! It shouldn’t be too hard if it’s that low a pulse d(^_^o)

| >>617930
>[Seen at 9:50 PM ✓]

>Alexander leaves Fox on "seen" for a little while-- enough time for the lilim maybe start second guessing his decision to rope the good doctor into this drunken chaos. Then:

>Am I going to walk away with a bunch of /holes/ in me, Mr. Ayanami?

| >>617940

> Fox sips more of his drink, blissfully unaware of his surroundings. He doesn’t even mind getting left on seen. Dusty does that all the time

>[Ayanami is typing. . .]
>大丈夫!\( 'ω')/
> there’s a robust security system so If anyone *does* shoot at you, they might not get to regret it

> Fox maybe should have led with that

| >>618093
>[Seen at 9:52 PM ✓]

>Ah... just... give me a little time to get there, okay, Mr. Ayanami? If you could meet me at the door, it'd be much appreciated. Safety in numbers, right?

>I... also want to make sure I show up at the right place. My sense of direction isn't all that great, if you hadn't already noticed when we first met.

| >>618664

> [Ayanami is typing. . .]

> You got it! I’ll send you my ping and be by the door. Just ring when you’re here. I got your back ᕦ(ò_óˇ)ᕤ

> He sends the message and gets back to his drink. Everything still seemed very tense to him

| >>619056

>Right. See you soon-- stay safe, Mr. Ayanami!

>15 or 20 minutes go by as Alexander makes his way to the Moonlighter, though if he was following the most direct path, it only should have taken about 12. Such is the fate of those easily distracted by scenery, and without an internal compass. Miraculously, he /does/ manage to show up-- and, stands awkwardly in the doorway,
waiting for Fox to find him. Shouldn't be hard, seeing as he's 6'4".

| >>619313

> Fox quickly spots him and practically launches himself from his seat to the door. He skids to a stop only a foot from “Alexander” and waves enthusiastically.

“ Hi hi! Okay! Umm.... the group of people are the ones who got into a fight. And I don’t know if they’re still actively fighting. I kind of stopped paying attention... ごめん”

> He bows slightly at admitting he wasn’t paying attention, as he points to Sidney and the rest of them

|

|

|

Total number of posts: 54, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1580036826

This thread is permanently archived