danger/u/
(Setting) Northen District, Balamb avenue.

| >One of the quietest (and due to it, the least known) districts of Glitch City, the Northen District is, true to its name, located in the northen outskirts of the city. A mixed bag of small local offices and residential blocks, it hardly has anything worth mentioning.

>For the city so active at night, it is almost surreal to see a street completely devoid of people and lights — and yet, there it is, Balamb avenue.


| >Standing out only due to being slightly cleaner than the rest, 15th building is a three story office on the eastern end of the avenue. Not a single light is on inside.


| >Arriving at the building, CN sighs
"Why do I get the feeling I'm going to regret this when I go inside..."
>With a heavy heart he steps inside, following the directions he was given.


| >a figure clad in blue, donning a kitsune mask drops down from a fire escape to the streets below
>he takes a look around and heads inside the building once it was located


| >>613866 >>613878
>Before the two of you even have a chance to greet each other, a loud buzzing comes from within the depth of the building. A moderately big quadrocopter drone appears, as it flies up the stairwell at the far end of the room.
>Mostly due to the lack of furniture of any kind, or, to be more precise, the building being damn barren inside, it had little trouble navigating to you two.


| >Looking at it from up close, its metal frame seems to have been significantly modified. Equipped with a set of speakers, a rotating camera on its underbelly, and a microphone, the flying messenger breaks the silence with its emotionless, machine-generated voice:
"Gᴏᴏᴅ ᴇᴠᴇɴɪɴɢ. Tʜɪs ᴜɴɪᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ʟᴇᴀᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴇᴇᴛᴜᴘ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ. Pʟᴇᴀsᴇ ғᴏʟʟᴏᴡ ɪᴛ ᴀɴᴅ ʙᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅғᴜʟ ᴏғ ʏᴏᴜʀ sᴛᴇᴘs."
>And just like that, it flies back down the stairwell, albeit at a significantly slower pace.


| >>613917
"Why do I feel like I'm going to prison..."
>CN shakes his head as he makes his way down
>>613878
"And you are?"


| >>614010
>for some strange reason...the response comes via a modulated voice ...*behind* you?
"Forgive me for being rude...but id rather not reveal anything just yet...security and all that.
Perhaps if we can make sure everything is secure...
Again i apologize...im rather the cautious type in times like this...
For now...fox will do...thats what people seem to call me in this getup...
The blue fox"


| >lengthy response aside, the figures is wearing a Japanese kitsune mask and a blue jacket and pants, most likely armored and cut resistant to some degree
>paired with steel rimmed field boots and presumably cut resistant gloves and not a single silver of skin is show
>its hard to even determine gender

>>613917
"Lead the way"
>he follows


| >>614010 >>614028
>You follow the drone down into a fairly ordinary office basement, minus the office part, as the place is effectively just a concrete box with occasional lamp hanging from the low ceiling. Aside from being a bit dusty, it is remarkably clean — at the very least you can be sure that the building is not abandoned, but is simply out of order temporarily.
>Then you see the drone fly up to and then straight into the concrete wall on the other side of the basement.


| >The expected loud collision sound never comes, however, as the quadrocopter just goes into and disappears withing what you are fairly sure is a good half a dozen meters of solid concrete. Despite the bizarre sight, you don't see any sort of disturbance on the wall, immediately leaving out options of it being holographic projection or some sort of nanocamo netting.


| "Wᴀʀɴɪɴɢ: ᴘʟᴇᴀsᴇ ʙᴇ ᴍɪɴᴅғᴜʟ ᴄᴏᴍɪɴɢ ɪɴ, ᴀs ᴛʜᴇ ᴀᴄᴛᴜᴀʟ ᴘᴀssᴀɢᴇ ɪs sᴏᴍᴇᴡʜᴀᴛ ɴᴀʀʀᴏᴡ. Nᴏᴛɪғɪᴄᴀᴛɪᴏɴ: ᴛʜᴇ ᴇɴᴛʀʏ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ ᴡɪʟʟ ʙᴇ sᴇᴀʟᴇᴅ ᴏɴᴄᴇ ᴀʟʟ ᴘᴀʀᴛɪᴇs ᴀʀᴇ ɪɴsɪᴅᴇ, ᴛᴏ ᴇɴsᴜʀᴇ ᴛʜᴇ sᴇᴄᴜʀɪᴛʏ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴇᴇᴛᴜᴘ ᴘᴏɪɴᴛ. Iɴsᴛʀᴜᴄᴛɪᴏɴ: ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴠᴇʀʙᴀʟ ᴏʀ ᴡʀɪᴛᴛᴇɴ ᴄᴏᴍᴍᴀɴᴅ ᴛᴏ ᴛʜɪs ᴜɴɪᴛ ᴛᴏ ʙᴇ ᴘʀᴏᴠɪᴅᴇᴅ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴘʀɪᴍᴀʀʏ ᴀɴᴅ ᴀʟᴛᴇʀɴᴀᴛɪᴠᴇ ᴇxғɪʟ ᴏᴘᴛɪᴏɴs ᴏɴᴄᴇ ɴᴇᴄᴇssᴀʀʏ." — >Comes the computer-generated voice from within the wall.


| >>614028
"Right... cant say that's the weirdest introduction I've had."
>>614078
"Holograms... great."
>He just... awkwardly reaches his hand through the wall to make sure he doesnt hit actual concrete before walking through.


| >>614197
"Sorry..."
>he looks down kicks the dirt
>or...floor in this case
"Its the echoing isnt it?
I get told that a lot.."

>come to think about, your pretty sure this dude is listening to music
>although its quiet you can Definitely hear coldplay coming from their hood
>must he concealing a headset under there

>>614079
>he just keeps following
>passing through after a quick test


| >>614199
"No it's more the mysterious mask deal and all that."


| >>614247
"Ah that..its a ballistic mask. Also has inbuilt AR features.
Helps in a suprising amount of situations.
Needless to say, one does not simply waltz into some random building on the behest of a mysterious person and not take precautions.

Especially to ones identity no?"
>although he makes a point perhaps, it also rather suprising they can keep a conversation while listening to strawberry swing


| >>614317
"Right, and what's the tactical advantage to the music?"


| >>614333
"Oh uh...you can hear that..?"
>the music gradually fades away
"Honestly i just like coldplay..."
>They chuckle


| >>614335
"Right. Well as long as you're honest about it I suppose."
>CN shrugs


| >>614197 >>614199
>Both of you pass through the wall, to find a long corridor going deeper below the ground. Unlike the rest of the building, it is well-lit and sparkling clear. You see the guiding drone halfway through the tunnel, and a heavy blast door at the end of the tunnel.
>Looking behind you just reveals the same wall texture you just saw on the other side of it. You are fairly confident that this is just a wall, despite the fact that you were clearly able to go through it.


| >>623520
>CN tries to open the blast door
"Solar how many layers do we have to go through here? There comes a point where it's just excessive you know."


|


|


| >the fox just quietly follows along


|


|


|


|

Total number of posts: 28, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1581591781

This thread is closed.