danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
[Livestream] Fusion Engine Install

| | >"O-Kitsune couriers security cam4: ESTABLISHING CONNECTION"
\
>"STATUS: CONNECTED"
\
> A fuzzy image of a figure in dirty overalls appears. They appear to be talking, but the audio doesn't seem to work. They tap away at an unseen keyboard, causing the image to become crisp and the audio to be picked up.

"Stupid security camera setup. Doesn't that Kitty know anything about security?"

> The figure grumbles more, grabbing the camera and moving it to a staging area of sorts.

| > The staging area has what looks like some kind of chassis, along with various kinds of power tools and an ancient MG3 machine gun. What the hell?

"Okay, I figured I'd need to record this just in case something goes wrong, so I'm streaming this out. I'm Dusty, and today, I'll be mounting this here fusion engine onto this bike frame"

> She pans the camera over, showing off a small engine that looks complex... and glowing.

"Now then... let's see..."

> Comments: enabled (public)

| "Right! Now I should be able to see any questions or comment as I work. Assuming there are people on this board who could even pick up a small fusion engine. Okay, I guess first things first so... protection is in order."

> She dons heavy gloves and a motorcycle helmet. The helmet doesn't seem to alter her voice at all.

"When you're working with something that could detonate if handled incorrectly, you're gonna want to protect the most important tools: the arms and face."

| > Dusty pulls a large wrench out of a pocket in her overalls. She taps it against her helmet, as if emphasizing the importance of protecting ya face.

"Step two is making sure you even remembered to make enough room for a fusion engine in the slot you thought was big enough. This might get loud."

> Upon saying this she drops the wrench with a loud thud and picks up a blowtorch, turning it on with a click. She then moves to the metal frame where the engine looks like it should go

| > The blowtorch momentarily blows out the video, but it readjusts quickly and the focus is now on Dusty, slicing into the frame with a blowtorch. Her voice now sounds slightly amplified.

"So, cutting through titanium composites with a plasma torch isn't super safe. But this is what happens when you forget to measure things. Just make sure your eyes are protected because this WILL blind you permanently"

> She begins making cuts. It sounds like a kaiju roaring with sparks to match

| > Dusty makes clean cuts and tosses the torch aside once the last is made. It can be heard clinking and rolling just stage left of the girl, who's readying a plasma welder now.

"So, welding with plasma is fun. Also extremely hot. But this makes a good bond, plus it hopefully won't melt some vibration dampeners I am planning on installing too."

> The sound of welding happening floods the stream, causing its noisepgate to kick in. The stream falls oddly silent

| >>"Angus" the joined the chat...
>"Fusion engine on a bike frame huh? Speed limits are last millenia. And not fun at all."
-Angus

| >>602581

> Dusty finishes welding back on a piece of the frame before realising there was a response. She turns the torch off and flips up the guard on her helmet.

“Glad to know someone knows what’s up about bikes! Unfortunately, this baby here won’t be for speed. I need the extra power for the added weight of these reactive armor plates and the mounts for the machine gun back there”

> She walks over to the MG3 and hoists it over her shoulder, showing off the guns. Sort of

| >>602599
>"Do you take regular trips through flooded or something? Why would you want a machine gun mounted on your bike? Waste of an engine if you aren't going ludicrously fast with it haha"
-Angus

| >>602600

“I don’t know what the Flooded district is but that sounds like a fun place to visit! Also, come on. It’s a general purpose machine gun. Mounted on a pursuit bike. I feel like that doesn’t need any explanation.”

> She sets the gun back down and moves over to the engine, which apparently was sitting on a movable platform of sorts

“Now, I need to seat this fucking thing inside before welding it shut. Otherwise, I might have problems again. Plus this makes it easier.

| >>602606
*Why* are you essentially making motorcycle sized portable machine gun? -CN

| >>602616

“A girl needs a hobby? I kind of miss bounty hunting and this is a good bike if I do it again. Plus, it’s just cool. Maybe it’ll make men stop assuming I’m a child. That would be a plus.”

> As she says this, she rolls the engine over to the frame and adjusts the lights to get a better view on her work. The background comes into clearer focus, which looks like a warehouse of sorts. She yanks off the helmet.

“Now I need to find where I left the mounts. Lame”

| >>602620
What did you bounty hunt that needed an armored motorcycle with a mounted MG!? -CN

| >>602649

> Dusty quickly pins a few mounts on the frame pieces, lifting the engine with some difficulty. The whole frame seems to be taking the weight well, at least.

“Hey, the borderlands in what was the American Southwest are dangerous and many bounties don’t let themselves be caught easy. So she’ll take out tires and provide suppressing fire.”

> She says all this as she begins locking on the mounts. Dusty works as if she’s done it a hundred times before

| >"You're Dusty, so you know Fox, right? My precious boy Fox~ I'm *that* Angus, if he's mentioned anything about me. I'm glad to see he's friends with people who have good taste. Could stand to be going faster though..."
-Angus

| >>602656

> Dusty taps a pneumatic driver to her head and snaps her fingers loudly. She seems happy

“Oh! Yeah!! Kitty-boy has mentioned you before. Guess it’s good to meet like this, in some way. My main bike is built for total speed, even if it does run on gasoline still. Most of the racers here refuse to run with me out of fear of explosions, the little bastards”

> She gives a shrug and moves to the other side of the engine. She removes the core and the engine comes to a halt.

| >>602661
>I haven't done much to my bike myself, unbeknownst to my wife I race quite often. I'm nothing special, but I got street cred. Also he mentioned that you... Shot him in the leg on accident? Better not hurt my Fox..."
-Angus

| >>602662

> Dusty drops the driver onto her foot with a loud thud. She spikes the camera and immediately turns away to pick up her welder once more, avoiding the camera entirely

“Oh! I shot him??? I don’t remember that ever happening! I might have shown him my pistols but I haven’t put an AP in his shins or anything!! That’s crazy!”

> She quickly slams her helmet back on her head and welds once more, hoping that her lie worked. Fox wouldn’t say anything bad about her right?

| >"Are you trying to tell me Fox is lying to me? He may be a bit of a dork, but I'd hope he doesn't lie to me for his sake... If you say he's lying I'll call him right now and chew him out. Things you don't lie about y'know?"
-Angus

| >>602700

> Dusty works quickly, almost as if incredibly stressed out over what she might have done. Her work looks clean, at least. She really doesn’t want to throw Fox under a bus

“Nope! There’s no way a dope like him could lie!!! He’s too soft for that! Let’s not stress him out while he’s working!”

> She laughs nervously as she mounts the other half of the engine. Yep. That should /totally/ make her look innocent

| >"Then if he didn't lie..."
>*A menacing tone radiates from those 5 words.*
-Angus

| >"Och, dinna fash yerself, Angus! Dae ye knaw hoo much fowk Ah shot an' forgot abit in less than a coople of days? If she forgot, it wasnae an important shootin', isnae so, Dusty?"
-Scottie200X

| >"Ye knaw, it micht have also been a... Friendly shootin'? Loch when ye play russian roolette wit th' lads? Micht have been a pure deid bondin' experience fur the two o' them"
-Scottie200X

| >>602737 >>602759

> Dusty finishes mounting the engine and tosses her helmet aside once more, feeling better with fresher air in her lungs and still terrified of retaliation on behalf of Fox.

“Y’know! The garage gets got and rounds get misplaced so maybe it was just an accidental discharge Ha Ha Ha!! He’s fine though! He could use some character!

> Sure, Dusty, sure. She was glad at least someone was trying to back her up.... right? Was that even English?

| >"W͖̜h͍̙̩͕̯͝y̴̳̰̭͚̟ ̳̰͈̳̞̼d̷̻̲̮̲̭̻iḑ̱̻̯̥̖ ͚̭͎̺͙̦͍y͓o̶͈͇͚͎̳̞̫ṳ͉̗̬ ̲̭̱̦s̰h͇̝o̦͉͕̖ͅo̰̞͟t͘ ̨͉F̩̟ơ̙̯͕̞ͅx̻̦̼̲"

>Uh oh.
-Angus

| >>602786

> Dusty had two options here: either tell the truth or continue to lie. So she doubles down and picks the middle option

"I was having a nightmare and instinctively fired my pistol human shaped thing I saw! It was an honest accident! How was I supposed to know he had a spare body just lying around?!"

> Neither the whole truth nor a lie. That should suffice, right? As she explains all this, she picks up the MG once more, eying it and trying to figure out where to mount it

| >>602791

((Fired my pistol at the first human...))

| >"Well as long as you said sorry! Fox said it was an accident too, so I shouldn't worry about it. Just come clean the first time in the future. We'll probably get to know eachother really well because of Fox!"
-Angus

| >"Lass, ye got PTSD too? Want tae join mah self-help group? Ah stopped havin' those damn dreams thanks to it"
-Scottie200X

| >>602798

“I’m pretty sure I said something to him after... he’s fine. It’s Fox! He’ll be fine. I gave it a quick polish to make it look cooler too.”

> She seems to be serious about that part at least. She then tried to balance the MG on top of the frame and engine. That doesn’t look safe at all.

“He actually should be back soon. He mentioned not having many deliveries today. Maybe I’ll drag him out here too!”

> she gives an grin, as if that part wasn’t so serious

| >>602847

“I have no idea what PTSD is but I think I’m fine. Just happens y’know? Sometimes you just gotta shoot the image of a rampaging vendi–“

> An overlay appears on screen in big red letters
>> 危険:侵入者が検出されました。 利用可能な視覚データはありません。 城プロトコル開始。

“Oh. That can’t be good.”

> a distant voice can be heard off screen

“ Dusty! Tadaimasu!!! Where are you?”

>> 危険:侵入者が検出されました。 利用可能な視覚データはありません。 城プロトコル開始

“ Wait, Fox!”

> O-kitsune courier security cam4 status: Connection lost

| >"Red Eye1: ESTABLISHING CONNECTION"
\
>"STATUS: CONNECTED"
\

> The livestream returns once more, now with a slightly better, if more wide angle, view. Dusty looks visibly red.

“Sorry about that! I had no idea Fox needed IFF tags to get inside the garage. Or that the cameras he has could scan for them!”

| >>602851
>"Ah 'ad a mate at th' group sayin' th' same thin', but wit Afghans instead of vendin' machines, an' Ah can tell ye 'e wasnae alrecht in 'is head. Go get checked or somethin', lass, always guid tae keep th' brain in check. PTSD is post traumatic stress disorder, by th' way. The thin' that fecks up the vets' brains when they come back, ye knaw? Th' flashbacks an' stuff."
-Scottie200X

| >>602891

> Dusty shakes her head and inhales deep, getting her bearings once more. She eyes the new comment and is still confused.

"Oh. Yeah. I knew a gun runner who had that, I think. Or maybe he was just weird. Dunno any more. All I'm sure of is that my dreams can be strange sometimes. It's just a thing."

> Dusty gives another shrug and walks of camera, only to return with a rather large wheel over her shoulder and a box in the other.

"Now, I gotta mount the front wheel! Fun!

| > Dusty gets to work mounting a front wheel. It looks far too large to be carried so easily by someone of her size, but she doesn't seem bothered at all by it.

"Super-cool hot tip for anyone who wants a ride as kickin' as mine: Large wheels. They're made bulletproof far more easily AND help with traction more than thin wheels. Maneuvering becomes a lot harder too, but there's got to be trade offs."

> She moves to the front of the frame and drops the the massive thing with a thud

Total number of posts: 35, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1571623650

This thread is permanently archived