danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
(Setting) Capsule Corner Bar

| > It's a calmer summer evening in the Motor District. The sun's still out but biker races have started and can be heard in the distance. Frank the bartender, mute and loyal as ever, keeps his ear on a pirate radio station, keeping up with the races while mixing drinks.

> A garage door that forms one of the walls of the bar is raised, letting in what counts for fresh air into the bar. Luckily, no races are scheduled for the area tonight.

| > Two figures can be seen talking in one of the back booths, discussing gang territories. The neutral ground rule still holds true, given how isolated the district is.

> The only other person is Dusty, tapping away at a phone. Her usual biker leathers are gone, replaced by much more summer appropriate attire of a sundress with a slit at the side, revealing her pistol. A big beer sits next to her, but it doesn't look very touched.

| >The tip of a cane finding footing in the bar's entrance foreshadows the entrance of what seems to be a lilim, wearing heavy clothing.

>Muffled humming can be heard from her direction, even if you can't identify anything in her figure that resembles a mouth.

>She calmly walks towards the counter and nods at the bartender, as to catch his attention.

| >>590287

> Frank walks over to the lilim, with a ready look in his eye. The dude looks big, as if he was some kind of security at some point. He motions to the new patron, as if asking what she would like. A faint scar can be seen around his neck, which might be something related to him not speaking

| >>590288
>The lilim takes a seat and begins to disconnect a cylindrical object from her neck.

"My name is Molly, it's pleasure to meet you darling... I would like something strong if you don't mind."

>The voice seems to be coming from an apparatus similar to a radio located where her mouth would be.
>She looks around the bar.

"This is quite a nice place you have here."

| >>590292

> Frank nods, both at her request and as if to give thanks for her complements. He works on a piano man and places it nicely in front of her. He taps his neck and temple, pantomiming something being cut.

> Dusty notices and spins around, grabbing her beer while doing so. She speaks on the bartenders behalf

"Don't expect much talk out of Frank. Fox says he can't speak for some reason. That kitty is odd too, so I think he's full of it."

| >>590299
>Molly drops the cylindrical object in the glass and it begins to drain all the liquid.

"Just let it do it's thing, i'm sure you know better than anyone the things we do to compensate for the loss of the bodies we once had."

>She then turns to Dusty, the bitter tone from her last statement gone.

"It's quite alright, he seems like a good person... My name is Molly, it's a pleasure to meet you, now who might you be, darling?"

| >>590311

> Dusty eyes the lilim with confusion, but does her best to keep it to herself, hiding through a swig of beer.

"I have the people call me Dusty. Usually because I used to be covered in Dust where I grew up. It's nice meeting you too Molly. You remind me of my housemate I think. Only not as... light weight as he is."

> Dusty gives Molly a once-over, trying to size her up relative to the lanky Fox

| >>590313
>The object in the glass finishes draining the drink, Molly connects it back into her neck with a bit of trouble, she seems to lack a normal persons dexterity.

>She sighs in a satisfied manner.

"I'll take that as a compliment, it's a shame this weight is but a burden for someone like me. But the comparison is intriguing, what about me reminded you of your friend?"

| >a girl with black and white hair walks in
>she is...oh dear...she seems to be wearing one of those ahegao hoodies with matching skirt and garterbelt thigh highs
"A blue fairy please!"

>following close after is a boy with blue hair wearing a blue jacket and a interesting headset
>and a guitar strappied on his back
"Just a cobalt velvet if you would.."

>they take their seats at the counter

| >>590320

"Oh, Fox is a lilim. He runs around the city as a delivery boy. His alloy composition makes my bike jealous. He weighs as much as a feather. My gut tells me that you might be like him in that regard. I'm not sure though. All of my targets have been humans so I'm not good with non-human ones."

> Dusty notices her slip and takes another swig of beer, holding out her hands in a show of apology

"Not that you are a target! I'm not a bounty hunter right now."

| >>590324

> Frank takes a look and frowns slightly, as if showing his displeasure in the girl's choice of clothing. He gives the boy she's with a look of patience and shrugs gently. He gets the two drinks fashioned quickly and slides them both towards the new guests. He gives a glance at the guitar and gestures towards it, as if asking the boy if he could actually play it

| >>590325
>Molly lowers her head, she seems to lose herself in thought.

"Bounty hunter huh... It saddens me lives need to be taken simply for the convenience of who can pay for it... But don't mind me, we all have our reasons for doing what we do, i can only hope those souls find peace wherever they go..."

>>590324
>She recognizes the the girl and the boy and waves at them.

| >>590328
"Thanks.">cass gets the message just fine
"Oh this?
Yeah i can play.
Why? Wanna hear? I will just need a second to tune it"

>>590331
"Ah, hello there molly, its always nice to see you">cassie greets

>gem on the other hand immediately goes in for a hug!
"Hiiiii miss molly!"

| >>590331

"Oh, I didn't ever kill anyone. I think. We took them in live. Much more money that way. Everyone has to make a living. Sometimes, making that living illegally means that me and Pete got to get paid. But that was then."

> She looks up and sighs, before taking another sip of beer.

"Oh well, right? "

| > The entrance of the bar encounters once more, another guest. A blonde appearing in a blue dress, lined with a white long sleeved shirt. She makes her way to a booth, minding her own on the filling of the bar.

"A canopy, please!"

| >>590334

> Frank turns the radio down and motions to the boy to get ready to play something. The bartender even smiles, ready to hear something played on a real instrument for the first time in a long time. He even gets a second drink ready and slides it to him, as a form of early payment.

| >>590336

> Frank walks over, spinning a shaker in one hand and a highball glass in the other. He's not quite sure what a canopy drink would be, but he figures a Bad Touch would be fine. He pours it out for the new guest, eyeing her to see if his guess was the right one

| >>590334
>Molly is surprised by the gesture.
"Oh hi... that's not what i..."

>She chuckles and welcomes the hug patting Gem in the back.

"Thanks darling..."

>>590335
"That is quite nice too hear, and don't worry, even if that was not the case i do believe there is no such a thing as a bad person."

| >>590339
"Why, thank you."

> She nods with a smile, keeping her focus to the table in front of her. Upon her first sip, a small jump catches her off guard! She accepts the drink, nevertheless pleasingly. Suppose it was right, after all?

>"Oh!"

| >>590336
"Is that Elliott i see?
Hello there, beautiful as ever, the blue and white dress, even more elegant then an actual flower."
>he smiles while tuning his guitar

>>590337
"Oh a frew drink?
No need.
Although are we allowed to use VR emitters here?"

| >>590342

> The woman looks up upon his voice's calling,

> How does he manage to be here?!

> She smiles sheepishly, before returning to her table, reddening in hopes she's not centered upon.

| >>590343
"You actually happend on at a good time.
The bartender here asked me to perform.
Would you mind critiquing my performance?
I haven't played or sang in a while"
>he chuckles

>>590340
"Ahehe!"
>she gracefully accepts
>the cookies and cream girl being the adorable cookies and cream girl that she is, the hug is suprisingly comfortable
>gem herself is quite soft!
>similar to the couch from her birthday

| >>590345

"O-Oh? Go right ahead, then!"

> The girl turns her attention to Cassius, now taking rather larger sips of her Bad Touch!

| >>590345

> Frank gives a nod to Dusty, asking for her to be his voice. She nods, and stands up on her chair a bit, raising her voice enough so everyone could hear her.

"Hey! Some kid is gonna play music. Let Frank have his peace and be respectful or I'm throwing you out!"

> Dusty then sits on the bar, eyeing the boy playing guitar, deciding that he has cute hair, at least.

| >>590350 >>590546
>he finishes tuning and stands up
"Thanks, if thats the case, i dedicate this one to you elliott"
>wait wha-?!

| >and he begins playing
"Īkagen ni shite hoshī hoshī~"
http://y2u.be/AL8CdtgqTeI
>the moment he begins to play some VR tech kicks in
>and those listening would find themselves at a field of roses on the side of a cliff
>the salt scent of the waves crashing on the edge of the cliff fills ones nose as the sun has just begun to rise, bathing the rose field in a auburn glow
"Waishatsu ni te o nadeta kimi wa mada~"

| >>590559

> Dusty feels off, not used to being in VR spaces. But she likes it. It sure beats the fake beaches of GC. She sips her beer and listens a long, swaying slightly on her perch

| >>590559
>Molly extends an arm as if to reach for something.

"This almost feels like... No,no, not yet... We still have much more to do..."

>She continues to hear the song lightly bobbing her head to the rhythm.

| >>590558
>>590559

> The girl in blue turns red quite easily! Elliott gives in and nods in sync, enjoying his voice in it's fullest.

| >>590560 >>590565 >>590566
>looking around he is standing at the cliffs edge playing with his heart in jt
>around you are some comfy looking wooden benches
>gem is already sitting on one it seems

(20 on performance roll)
"Ichi-mai mo nui denai nai~
Tsugi koso wa ore no ban~"
>his voice...! No wonder he teaches gem!
>its quite charming in a nostalgic sort of way, smooth and golden yet dulcet to the point where it might come as seductive to some
>as if everything will be Alright

| >>590569
> Dusty keeps her eyes locked on, stunned at the sights she was seeing. It all felt so real. A break like this was something that she desperately needed, and it couldn't have come at a better place or a better time.

Total number of posts: 32, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1566443035

This thread is permanently archived