danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
How do settings work?

| Im new here and i noticed there was a type of thread called 'setting', can someone please explain what/how/why.

Thx.

| Setting threads are a kind of thread where your character interact physically in a certain location like a bar or a cafe. You use red text >like this
to describe the scene, what your character are doing etc. and "" to describe what your characters are saying

Also, just a quick side note, this kind of thread you are using to ask about stuff in-character is called an OOC(Out Off Character) thread or Meta thread, and should be addressed as such
-Impulse

| In general there are about four types of threads you will see on /cyb/.
First type is the general thread (with no prefix in front of the name): those are the threads where people converse on the in-universe version of danger/u/, which means that everything written is just the in-character version of the thread we are talking in right now.
Second type is (OOC), Out Of Character thread: where we converse with each other as players, not our characters — this thread is OOC thread.

| Third type is the setting thread, and Impulse more or less has it covered. Setting threads are the threads where things happen in-universe, in some specific location (often the name of the thread will be literally the name of the location), between player characters. I would like to address one point however, that you don't /have/ to use >red text
to describe a scene and "" for direct speech, and, in fact, different players write in vastly different manner.

| Fourth most prominent type of threads is the [Terminal] threads: those are threads that simulate computer consoles that your character is accessing in-universe as user. Those threads tend to give a specific set of actions your character can take and revolve around interfacing with the terminal interface.

| As a honorable mention, [Radio] threads are exactly what it says on the tin — in-universe radio shows, that you can only listen to or call in, but rarely have any other options to interact with.

This probably should be pinned somewhere with a bit of an extra detail.
— UKT

| Thx for all the help! I really appreciate it!.

One thing i dont really understand still: do i just fo in a setting thread and do/say whatever i want?, can i decide #hat happens in my surroundings? or how other people react?, To what extent do i need to describe tge scene and am i supposed to write something detailed and pretty, like: "the harsh neon glow and the smell of sewage sludge, blood and piss is almost compareable to his ugly ass face" or --

| Just report tge situation like: "an ugly cunt-muffin walks into the bar". How much control do i hace over the setting is basically what im asking

| >>590237
Mate, that's the roleplaying part. You decide how to make your appearance in the thread, just keep in mind that you've gotta keep it coherent and that your not the "master", so you don't control the major events in the thread or the NPCs. And keep it somewhat bearable for the other to read.
Last thing, don't roleplay as canon characters (Dana, Jill, Dorothy etc.) or use them as NPCs, >we don't do that here<

##Janitor:Stormy##

| Found our old /cyb/: https://dangeru.us/cyb/thread/60852

##Janitor:Stormy##

| Welcome!

| >>590236
Whoever made the thread is the one controlling your surroundings. You have a full control over you character (and only your character) and however you wish to write is entirely up to you.
—UKT

| >>590237
As UKT have mentioned, you have control over your character, how your character reacts to stuff people throw at you. You also have control over how your objects "feel or look like" ie. taste of the food you gave to someone when they eat, how detailed the engravings on your daggers are when someone examine it. The host of the thread have control of the settings

| -Impulse

| Thank you all so much

Total number of posts: 15, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1566411161

This thread is permanently archived