danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
(Setting) Lone building

| >A certain building in downtown placed in a corner with nothing special on it, besides being one of the many that rest close to all the stabbing murderings that have recently haunted the city
>The entrance has some lazily places christmas lights and an old recepcionist barely staying awake on his seat

| >A tall, young man arrives just outside the building and takes a look around outside. He seems to be looking around for a sign of something

|

| >A group of people is gathered about two blocks away from the building, presumably looking down at something
>A young, black haired man came out of the building wearing a gray hoodie and putting on his glasses hurriedly
"Yo, greetin's and all that crap, we gonna check it there before it's taken out or casually retrieve it?"

| >The Young man would most likely have heard her, but around 8 ft behind him stands a slim looking, brunette, look at the weirdo outside the building, she has a confused, look on her face as she asks, "you Ok?"

| ((...))

| "No let's not move the body. We may accidently mess with some evidence if we do. We should be able to get a close look regardless since this just happened and the White Knights aren't here yet."
>He starts heading towards the crowd

| >>59451
"Huh? I'm fine, just waiting for my friend here."
>He points a thumb at the other guy as he keeps walking

| "Riiighhhtt.." >she says, befor turning and walks away into the night,

| >The'other guy' jogged along towards the crowd, focused mainly on getting a look on the mess
"Ya' are the pro, pro. We almost take the one that fell in front of our building but R though something like that"

| "Well let's just see if we get lucky here. This guy has done enough stabbings by now that he must have messed up somehow. Let's just hope it's something we can use to find his identity. Excuse me..."
>CN pushes through the group forming to see the body

| >On the ground can be seen the body of a young man with at least 39 stabs on his body plus falling impact, glass shattered around him and an upper look would reveal a broken window on the 4th floor of the building next to the crowd

| >CN carefully examines the glass around the body for any object that may stand out from the glass shards. Once down he take some pictures from different angles before carefully approaching the body, avoiding as much glass as possible.

| "Well if this ain't concernin'.."
>A piece of bone can be found among the rest of the glass shards

| "Take a picture of that bone for me."
>CN kneels down near the body and examines it for any evidence.

| "Sure thing pal"
>He took out his phone and squatted close to snap a picture of the bone, it appears to be sharpless and roughly separated from the body

| >The body doesnt seem to be bleeding very much despite the killing being this recent

| "Hmm..."
>He walks back to the other man.
"Okay let's see this bone... there's already things here that aren't adding up."

| >He shows him the pictures of the bone, another uncaught detail was that the bone seems to be part of the upper ribs
"Things like what detective"

| "There should be more blood in the victim for starters, and this rib bone shouldn't be so far from the body. Something tells me this guy does more than a few weights in his spare time to get that strong. As for the blood..."
>He looks up at the building
"We should probably check where he was threw from first."

| "Agree, ah' also don't wanna be here when the white knights arrive.."
>He looked up as well
"Why would anyone stab someone before throwin 'em out of a window though?

| "That's hard to say until we check out the crime scene."
>He starts walking to the buildings entrance
"Lets go"

| >He followed after, shaking the door a little until it opens
"All around the block are like this, locks are faker than hollywood"

| "Well let's hope the victim's room is the same. Fourth floor right?"
>He doesn't wait for an answer as he walks pasts the lobby and starts climbing stirs

| (*stairs)

| >He quickly followed After, trying to catch up with him on the stairs
"Fourth floor yeah, and hell we had to buy new locks when movin' near, let's hope this guy is as poor as his luck"

| "Worst case scenario I can just pick the lock if anything, something tells me things will become a little clearer as soon as we check the room."
>Upon reaching the floor he heads to the door where the victim lived and tries to open it.

| >The door opened after a few turns revealing the inside of the room, all the furniture in the living room (where the broken window is) has been pushed to one wall, right by the window is an upraise large metal tray with a thin layer of blood on the inside, near its corner is a tube that ends just above a gallon jug sitting on a smaller metal tray, the jug has about one inch of blood in it.

| >A large bloddied piece of plywood is sitting against the oppisite wall to the furniture, there are holes in it.

| >He glances over to the jug.
"So my theory of where all the blood went was correct then..."
>He walks over to the plywood to examine it.

| >the large thin holes match up perfectly with the stab wounds, however, deeply embedded into the top of the plywood there is a very short kitchen knife
"This place makes me uneasy.. Besides the blood machine y'know?"

| "Well that how it is when you're in a place where a murder happened. Sadly you get used to it. Hmm..."
>CN taps his foot lightly on the ground
"This plywood isn't from the floor. So then that means the killer brought it himself to the scene... probably to avoid getting bloodspray on themselves... I can't help but feel that some of these actions are kind of counterproductive though..."
>He bends down and shines a light under the furniture, looking for anything of interest.

| >There is nothing of interest under or around the furniture
"Ya' think they might be sellin' blood? Y'know, the gallon there.. 'Cause if they're sellin' blood ah' don't wanna be here when they come to collect it"

| "Pretty sure, they already took it with them, if that almost empty jug is any indication. I don't think they were selling it though, if that was their goal they would had minimized injury on the body. Better to make only 1 hole to bleed out of instead of 40."
>He stands back up and starts to examine the window.
"Hey let me know if there's anything off in the other rooms. Make sure not to touch stuff though."

| "Trust me ah' don't wanna touch anythin' around either.."
>Xii looked at the odd looking artifacts before leaving to check the other rooms

| >The window, besides being broken only has blood and cloth fragments presumably from the victim, wich can still be seen from the building

| "Guess there's not much by the window..."
>He decides to look at the artifacts that had caught Xii's eye a moment ago

| >The metal tray and tubes remain the same
"Hey, detective!"
>Xii yelled from the other room
"I think ah' found somethin' of our dead guy.. I mean, if it's him things are more fucked than they're now.."

| "What is it?"
>CN walks over to where he heard Xii's voice

| >Xii's on the other room looking over some holographic documents, trying not to touch them
"Dude's got more diseases than a leper, all of 'em transferable by blood"

| "Oh you *can't* be serious. What did he have?"

| "This reads.. Various cases of Arbovirus.. Multiple Parasitic Diseases.. And of course, Herpies, someone's had a wild life and I'm somewhere around too damn worried and too damn confused"

| "Ugh... I don't even want to imagine what he's been through to get all that stuff. I know most of that stuff isn't contagious through skin contact but thank god it's the winter time and that we're wearing gloves. Either way, is the victim's name of that stuff? I imagine it must be if it went into so much detail on their medical history."
>CN walks around the apartment, looking for anything else out of the ordinary
"Now the question is did the killer know this as well..."

| "Ah'd bet my normal arm he did, no one just casually leaves their medical records layin' around.. Here says the name is.. Was Smith Lee
>Nothing stood out in this apartment
" Ah' was thinkin'.. If these stabs weren't really normal why was there even a knife on the plywood?"

| >He looks back at the knife
"Hmm... you're right. Do you think it's an attempt to hide the real murder weapon? I mean, I don't he would really care whether he left it or not but... unless there's something on it that could be useful. *Sigh* Why do I feel like I know very little about this all of a sudden."

| >The door rattles a bit

| "It could be a tool y'know, these kind of works require tools and.. and the door is rattlin'"
>Xii stood quiet looking at the door

| >CN puts his finger up to his mouth as he pulls out his stungun. He signals Xii to hide in the other room.

| >Xii nods and takes hide in the other room, not before taking the knife from the plywood just in case.

| >CN almost wants to remind him about the whole no touching thing but realizes now isn't the time as he goes to hide in the other room as well. Gripping his stungun in his hand.

| >You hear footsteps getting quieter

| >CN pokes his head back out of the bedroom into the living room and listens closely, waiting for the footsteps to disappear

| >Suddenly you hear the loud noise of an elderly woman shouting obsenities before storming off down the stairs

| >CN whispers
"Old lady...? Maybe it was a landlord or something. Either way let's get out and put that nice back man. I said not to touch anything."

| "Well.. ya' got me believin' for a second that some kind of maniac was about to bust the door open"
>Xii placed the knife back where it was

| "Still maybe not the best idea to use something covered in infected blood. Well I'd say we should get going for now anyways before the White Knights finally show up."
>CN opens the front door just a crack, and peeks outside to watch for anyone nearby.

| >A bit of red cloth dissapears into the room with the staircase

| >CN jumps in surprise as he opens the door just enough to enter the hallway. He signals to Xii to quickly follow while staying quiet.

| >Xii follows quickly in a barely crouched position, whispering to him
X
"Isn't like blood gets trough skin or somethin'"

| >CN simply shrugs in response as he quickly walks over to the corner, remaining as quiet as he possibly can, and then peeks around towards the stairwell.

| >You see an old woman walking in your direction, carrying two gallon jugs, filled with a redish liquid

| >CN's eyes widen and goes back around the corner and whispers to Xii
"It's the fucking old lady and she's coming this way."

| "Well you can't stun an old lady, are we doin' more hidin' Now then??"

| "There's not enough time to hide, we're to far from the room, just try to act unsuspecting and maybe we'll be able to get some answers."
>CN hides his stungun inside his coat as he moves to the side of the hallway, trying to seem as unsuspecting as possible.

| >Xii walks by CN then past the old lady, once he's behind her he kneels and pretends to tie his shoes, keeping an eye out.

| >The lady continues down the hall, grumbling to herself about kids these days

| >CN takes out his phone and plays around with it. Waiting for the lady to pass by.

|

| >She walks past, seemingly in a neverending self rant about the annoyances of children

| >Once the old lady walks an appreciable difference down the hall, CN walks over to the stairway and whispers to Xii.
"Maybe we should split up? You follow the old lady, I follow whoever had that red cloth from earlier.

|

| "I like the idea, specially the part where ah' follow the less dangerous one"
>Xii gets up on both feet
"Though it would suck if red cloth was the killer and catches you"

| "That was the idea. And it's fine, *it's fine*. I've dealt with megalomaniac corper, zombies, many, *many* bullets, and much more since April. What's one overpowered serial killer."
>He shrugs
"Well I'm gonna hurry before I lose the other person, make sure you're careful as well."
>He starts heading down the stairs

| "Whatever ya' say detective"
>Said Xii mostly to himself before heading down the hall keeping a safe distance from the old lady

| >>68869
>You see nothing as you go down the stairs
>>69318
>The old lady turns the corner down the hallway towards where the murder happened

| >CN quickly makes his way down the stairs, makes sure to keep a pace that isn't suspicious, he makes sure to peek out of each stairway as he makes his way down looking for the red cloth.

| >Xii stands at the corner, pretending to look on his phone while leaned against the wall, still paying attention to the old lady

| >>69339
>Nothing is out of the ordinary until you reach ground floor, the first thing you see is a red cloth disappearing out the front door, then something more curious, what appears to be the same old lady, with the same two jugs, filled with the same liquid.
>>69347
The old lady stops and stands still for a few seconds, before dashing into the room where the murder took place, the jugs seemingly glued to her hands.

| (rip, forgot the > )

| >He gives a curious glance at the old lady but continues calmly following the red cloth, making sure to keep a decent distance as to not be discovered.

| >Xii kept following and stopeed right before the room, instead of peeking himself he used his phone on video, keeping an ear out for anything.

| >>69360
>Once you are outside some movement catches your eye, whomever has the red cloth went down the alley next to the building, security forces have set up a perimeter around the body in your absence.
>>69367
>Inside the room right in the middle is the old lady, collapsed on the ground, having suffered the same fate as all the other victims.

| >CN walks up to the alley, and peeks in around the corner, making sure the person clears the alley before continuing to follow.

| "Oh god what the fuck"
>Xii rushes into the room and quickly gets down to place two fingers on the lady's neck, trying to feel a pulse.

| >>69376
>As you look down the alley the first thing you see is a red cape sitting in the middle of the cluttered alley, if worn it would barely go down to one's waist.
>>69408
>As your fingers touch they begin to feel fuzzy, but there is nothing rhythmic to indicate a pulse.

| >Hesitant, CN stays peeking in the corner. Watching for any signs of the cape to move.

| >Xii quickly stood up and snapped a picture to send to CN
"This is fucked.."

| >>69642
>Nothing moves in the alley, not even a sound can be heard

| >CN grabs his stungun in his hand again and discreetly hides it in his bag as he carefully steps towards the cape

| >You hear noise behind you in the alley

| >He quickly turns back to his side, making sure he keeps the cape in his peripheral

| >>70618
(Do not godmode other people's character's)

| >>70618
(Or take over someone elses thread without permission)

| >Behind you is a lilum, they seem to be larger then most people, but their proportions seem off, seemingly guiding your eyes away from themselfs

| >CN instinctively takes a step back, clutching his hidden weapon.
"Uh... can I help you?"

| "Heartbeat increased slightly, common reaction."
>His expression can only be described as, throughly unamused. You also see why his shape is so odd, his plating is either covered in or made up of millions of tiny right angled triangles arrainged in a way to make a series of arrows pointing away from their body causing your eyes to be guided off if you let your mind wander.

| "W-Well wouldn't you reflexively react if a stranger shows up behind you in an alley? W-Wait how are you examining my vitals?"

| >A womans voice from behind you, the other end of the alley
"Because he can see the tiny detail of your blood vessels expanding on your body."

| >CN turns ever so slightly to view the lady in his peripheral.
"...And you are?"

| "Madame Amélie the Red, and I'm suprised you fell for this trap."
>She is wearing regal looking clothing in a deep crimson cloloration

| "Well everyone I know tells me my curiosity always gets the better of me."

| >The lilum speaks again
"We are wasting time, this person doesnt seem on par, we should end them now."
>The woman speaks
"We shoouuld, but this seems much more fun."

| "So I guess you're the one behind the stabbings then? Or at least you're involved in them."

| "I don't know, you tell me."
>She pulls out a rapier from a concieled sheath

| "Well considering you just took out a rapier I'm going to say yes... What are you doing with the blood?"

| "Oh, nothing too important, its just a means to an end."
>The lilum speaks up again
"Just kill them."

| "So you're what? A cult or something?"

| >She laughs
"If ever, this is a personal project of mine."

| "Then why the hell do you need to kill people. Last time I checked you can just buy blood."

| "Healthy blood, I need some very sickly blood, not to mention how fun it is, fighting to the death."

| "*Sigh* Why is everyone in this city a freaking whack job... so what. You think you can just decide people cause it's convenient for your needs?"

| "What, do you want to see me when I'm bored."
>The sound of metal sliding against metal comes from the lilum
"I'm killing him."
>The right angled triangles point outwards at a 70 degree angle around his whole body

| "Well you CAN'T KILL ME, IF I GET AWAY FIRST!"
>He pulls out his stungun and starts rushing towards the rapier wielding figure, trying to shoot her.

| >You feel your clothes being pulled backwards, tugging you back

| >He tries to struggle out of his coat And continues rushing forward

| >Something else digs itsself into your arm, its a claw, a thick cord attached to its base leads back to the lilum, it starts reeling you back

| >He starts bashing the class with the butt of his weapon.
"Let go you asshole!"

| >The carbon reinforced, diamond tipped claws just dig in more
"Stop struggling, just be glad I didn't leave you with her, she would drag it out for months of suffering."

| >a dim neon blue light begins to show itself from the shadows between two nearby buildings
"Really CN?"
>out steps Black Panties who looks at the lilim dragging CN and begins to point at it
"CN, you might feel some residule shock."

| "I think I'll take that over the alternative. Also make some noise. There's some WK literally 20 feet from here."

| >The claws let go and pull back into their place as the triangles lay back flat, the lilum preemptively dodges

| >BP looks at CN
"Alright"
>she fiddles with her suit and then moves her hand into the air
>in a second an extremely large blue cone of electricity shoots into the sky running up the sides of the buildings and making loud electric sounds as it hits the surrounding metal

| "Undirected? Fair enough."
>The lilum holds its arm up in the air and drops the claw to the ground, creating a makeshift lightning rod, keeping the lilum from doing anythig

| "More of a flare"
>BP says as she continues to blast the electricity as it goes over the buildings nearby

| >CN goes to face the lady now that the lilim is distracted.
"Now, where were we?"

| >BP looks at the makeshift lightning rod lilim and begins to make her way towards her
"Lets see... A lilim typically runs on so many volts and amps of electricity, an over charge can kill the battery, so if you're grounded you're not going to have that problem. But if you can't move you can really stop me from moving you."

| >BP begins to move her hand down as she gets closer
"Of course at a close enough range, its not the electricity you have worry about"
>the neon lights of BP's mask flash bright for a second then dim in another
"Its the fire that will follow."

| "I on the other hand won't have to worry about my electricity going in a different direction."
>CN aims and attempts to shook the lady.

| >The lady holds up her other hand, revieling a dead man's switch
"You know, you arent the only one that has to worry about fire you two."
>The male lilum speaks
"We have enough samples, we can leave."

| >BP lays her hand on the lilim and electricity flashes from the small space from between and smoke begins to rise and the smell of burning hair begins to fill the alley
>BP looks over to the woman holding a switch
>and jumps back with the rockets of her boots aimed onto the lilim.
>can at least do some damage
"CN, get ready something about to explode."

| "BP I didn't exactly come with a bomb squad uniform with me!"

| "God damn it."
>BP kicks off the lilim and rockets towards CN.
"This is more what I meant."
>she picks up cn who can feel slight electric shocks going through him
>she begins to fly up onto the nearby building.

| >The woman waves with the rapier
"Then we have an understanding?"

| "O-Oh I-I se-e...."
>CN teeth clatters from the electricity.
"W-wait I need to message Xii..."
>He pulls out his phone as he sends him a message to quickly leave

| >BP jumps back down into the alley

| >They are both still there, seemingly in a trance

| >she stares at the lilim and the woman.
"So, want to explain yourselves. Maybe it'll help you understand if what you're doing is really worth it."

| >The dead man's switch falls to the ground, its pressure lever released

| "Guys thats a no."
>BP fires a 'pantyline' off to another building and shoots upwards

| /Hey CN, you want to explain what was going on?/

| >Two cardboard boxes in the alley explode, engulfing the whole alley in molten shrapenel and flame, leaving scorch marks on the dumpsters and walls

| >BP jumps back onto the roof CN is on
"Uh, ignore that last message, but answer it anyways."

| /I'll explain once we're somewhere safe. We also need to wait for Xii to get out, he's still inside./

| >BP fiddles with her belt
"Alright ready whenever you are."

| >CN grabs hold of BP

| >BP uses her ziplines and begins to leave the area based on cn's directions

| >CN phone begins to vibrate, apparently form an incoming call

| >CN answers it
"Hello?"

| >Xii is on the other side of the line, his voice sounds agitated
"Where are you and what the fuck is with the explosions? ah' got out like ya' said but holy hell that shook me" -X

| "I'll explain when I call the radio station now. Just go blend with the crowd and carefully head back. Don't worry about me, BP picked me up."

| "Alright man, ah' swear we gotta meet one day when one of our heads if not both isn't in grave danger, did ya' got the pic of the dead lady?" -X

| "Huh? Yea I did, just didn't really have time to search for them."

| (*search through it)

| "Alright man if ya' need help again just call in, after all we've been the ones that have been gettin' the news about it before anyone so.. see ya' later?"

| "Ya see you later, and I'm telling you right now, I got some news to share next time I call."

| "That's great man, we need to boost our ratings at least for until christmas and it always work when ya' call with a juicy scoop, try to use my line though, ah' wanna feel like ah' didn't got my ass exposed here for nothin' y'know?"

| "No prob Bob. Call soon."
>He hangs up

Total number of posts: 157, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1513637871

This thread is permanently archived