danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
>GCPD.IntraSec.OEL.UptownD.8/1/20XX

| Check this out while you can, shadowfriends. Not sure how long this tunnel will stay open. GCPD's online evidence locker, while outdated, is not easy to slip into undetected...but maybe you guys'll see what I see in this footage. Sorry for low quality, likely from how old the camera at this place is.
-Hardly Alive

>The link brings you to a video, one in a clearly low quality, but through the video, you can see that it is very clearly a cafe of some sorts.

| >The cafe is sparsely filled with people, but it seems like a comfortable place for the moment. The people inside included a man in a driver's cap speaking to a shorter girl in a uniform, as they ogle over a large cake of some sort. The girl started coughing as she ate the cake, which is when the audio cuts in. The capped man hands her a drink:

"Are you alright?!"

>The girl drank it before replying:

"That was...that was extremely stupid. Sorry. Thanks. So, Florida. Why leave-"

| >The clip began to fast forward through the rest of their conversation, the audio squeaky and inaudible. As they spoke, two blonde girls, one taller and one shorter, holding what look like fliers walk in, followed by a man in what looks like full combat gear carrying a case, as well as a male Lilim with some packages who promptly walks into the counter in a daze.

>The footage stops, and the man in combat gear is circled in blue, before the footage goes back to fast forwarding.

| >Three more patrons enter, one in a flat-brimmed cap and high-collared jacket, who promptly goes to speak to the man in military gear, and a female in a maid uniform, who is accompanied by the female cafe employee from earlier, who seems to be the manager. The one in the maid outfit begins to speak to the two from the cake incident, while the employee promptly goes back to work. Meanwhile, the patron in the cap looks around, as if expecting someone else to be there.

| >The footage stops for a moment, and the patron in the cap and jacket is circled in blue, before the clip continues.

>Meanwhile, the two blonde patrons are handed packages from the Lilim who had previously walked into the counter, while they exchange a credstick, and the patron in the cap and jacket sits next to the man in combat gear who was circled earlier. They exchange the case, a case which the patron in the cap and jacket opens to reveal a musical instrument of some sorts.

|
>Those two patrons are handed a coffee, while the Lilim hands a card to the two blondes. Then, promptly, a dark skinned man in a blue hoodie with his hood up and black dreads hanging out enters the cafe.

>The footage stops again, and this man is circled in red, before the footage resumes, this time at standard speed instead of being fast-forwarded.

| >The man in the hoodie spoke:

"You guys have a bathroom I can use?"

>A male employee points to the left, and then the right after a nudge from another employee.

"Should be somewhere there!"

>Meanwhile, the man in the driving cap spoke with the shorter uniformed girl and the maid:

"So...when do I start? I was worried that me living in a different part of town might cause problems...one I get my car imported that shouldn't be as much of an issue, though."

| >The shorter girl replied:

"You start when you start. Which is ASAP. It should be right smack near the cafe right now."

>They exchange a key and some sort of device, before the clip fast-forwards once more.

>During this time, the man circled in red promptly walked over to the bathroom, as the Lilim bows and walks out of the cafe.

| >Meanwhile, a female walks into the cafe, wearing a red and black-laced latex corset and booty shorts, as well as lace boots with the same color scheme. She has platinum-blonde hair, and a full-faced gas mask covering her face.

>The footage stops once more, and she is circled in red, before the clip resumes at normal speed. This girl walks straight to the bathrooms and enters the same one which the man before entered, and she did not speak to anybody on the way there.

| >Shortly after, the taller male employee is scolded for not collecting payment from the Lilim before he left-

"THAT'S THE SECOND TIME THIS WEEK!"

>-while a girl in a black pullover enters the cafe.

>The footage stops, and this girl is circled in red, just like the junkie and the corset girl, before the clip resumes.

>The girl in the pullover walks to the counter, as the female employee speaks to her:

"Rough day, miss?"

"Haven't slept in like a week, I'm starting to go crazy."

| >The pullover-girl continued:

"Nothing a good coffee can't fix."

>The man in military gear spoke to the high-collared patron:

"I can DM you next time my guys find something like that there."

>-Before turning to the manager:

"Can I have another cup of coffee please, like this one?"

>The manager replied:

"That one's a Sora thing, sir."

>Before turning back to the girl in the pullover:

"Hey, I feel you, miss. Coffee does magic. I assume that's what you want too?"

| >Just after, the girl in the corset and gas-mask leaves the bathroom, doesn't speak to anybody else, and promptly exits the cafe. The camera shows the bathroom door locking just after she left. The pullover girl replies to the manager:

"Yeah, just the biggest cup you got."

"Got that. OI. Any of you got our place marked as a toilet or something?"

>The manager yelled to the employees as she makes a very large cup of coffee, but then a loud thud sound was heard from the bathroom.

| >This is when things start to get weird for the camera. Suddenly, the footage began to get more and more filled with static, which distorted the events which could be seen and heard.

"Da...., ..at was th...."

"Ra...o check."

"N....appen...."

"Wh.....ou g...o..imhea..."

>The audio becomes all but negligible. The screen is covered in static, and nothing can be seen at this moment.

>...but then...

>...Something else began to be shown.

| >Barely visible in the view of the footage, though it really strains the eyes to look at it, is what appears to be a distant view of a city, except this was no standard city. This city was made of a luminescent crystal of sorts, and though it could hardly be seen what was there, it definitely looked like what could arguably be a utopian place. Everything was perfect in proportion and symmetry, and everything looked as if it were in order. It looked beautiful, simply beautiful.

| >A voice could be heard, clear as day, husky and low:

"What is this place...Is this heaven? Or space, maybe, I can't really tell..."

>Though the source of the voice could not directly be seen.

>Another voice, which was so boomingly low and loud that it almost hurt, began to speak:

"This is the Hub, my child. This is where you will stay for the time being. This place welcomes you, child. Please, come with me-"

>But then, the scene cut out, and cut back to the Cafe.

| >One of the employees, which has opened the bathroom, backs away from the open door as he loses balance:

"Boss, BO-"

>Then, back to a scene of a large mountain, with a deep cave. The camera almost seems to fly into the cave at a nauseating speed, before revealing a small pool of water, water which had what looked like wires running out of it. Then, the camera dove straight into the pool, and then...blackness.

"Where am I? I think I lost my eyes in this puddle, somewhere here..."

| >As the camera flew into the blackness, in the distance, something which looked reminiscently like Glitch City could be seen, but this version of it was covered in wires, circuit-boards, beeping lights, oscillating signals, and flying streams of data all around, hooking the entire city in a giant spider's web of interconnectedness, covering the entire city in strings like it itself was the prey.

>The camera flew close to one of the strings, and a dark hand reached out to it.

| >The camera, it seemed, was the first person perspective of whoever was watching this, as the hand reached out from what would've been the camera.

>Holding the string of data, it began to hear things:

"Yes, baby, I'm telling you, I never cheated on you!...Who? See, I don't even know that woman-"

"-have you guys heard of the new 37-OXA deck? Heard that thing could backend a Vita-Life server no problem-"

"-Hello and welcome to Radio Wire's business line, privacy is guaranteed-"

| >The hand let go of the string and the noises stopped.

"I can see everything now...I am everything! This is wild! How could this be real?"

>"A lot of hard work, which must not be undone."

>The booming voice from before could be heard again, and the camera turned to see glimpse of an extremely bright golden light.

| "You're in too deep, my child. This is only going to overwhelm you if you are not prepared. Come back with me, over here. This area is more fun, I promise,"

>A golden hand reached out from the light, and the dark hand reached back like that from a famous classical art scene. As the hands touched, a bright light began to shine over the camera, and the footage turned to static again for a moment as it cut briefly back to the Cafe.

| "Were you ejected?!"

>The tall male staff member guides the pullover girl, who now has a bloody nose, to the staff bathroom as the manager and the man in military gear both look into the bathroom. Barely visible through the crack in the door is the mirror taken off of the wall, laid across the sink as a makeshift table, and the two shoes of the man in blue earlier, laid out on the ground. The shorter male staff member is slumped in horror or anxiety in the corner.

| >The staff member in the corner stood up and held the door of the staff bathroom open for the taller male staff member and the pullover girl.

"Yeah, I'm upholding a 24/4 watch on some sites through my jack, at least the connection slowed down, or I may have been hit pretty darn hard, fucking christ."

>Meanwhile, the cake group were all talking and making their way to leave shortly after, and the high-collared patron swats at their shoulder for some reason.

>Then, more static.

| >The scene reopens on the Crystal City. The man for which the camera seems to have taken the perspective of seems to be laying on his back, looking up at the tops of these beautiful, luminescent constructs. He holds his hand out, and suddenly they all morph and change into various geometric shape, as if on command he has some sort of control over this place. The man spoke aloud:

"Is this Godhood? Am I some kind of God? How did I even get here?"

>Then, the golden light approaches.

| "You are here because you chose to connect."

"Who...are you?"

"I am simply your guide here. This place can be overwhelming, so my existence is necessary here for you."

"This place is amazing..."

"I'm sure it is for you. Everyone sees the Hub differently, but they always report it as the most beautiful place."

>However, then, a dark void opened in the sky, as if a tear in the world itself, and the void began to suck all of the buildings into it.

"What's happening?"

| >"It has been decided you are not good for this place. You've put our work at risk. You must go back to your world."

>Then, the sky darkened, as the void got larger and larger, and began to suck the camera into the sky.

"Why does my head hurt? I can't breathe! What's going on?! MY BODY! WHY MY BODY! WHY, WHAT, WHO IS THERE?!"

>Then, static, as the camera began to cut back to the cafe once more.

"Welcome to Earth. Population: Me. And you - you're dying, mister."

| >Then, more static begins to cut in, but instead of going anywhere else, it seems to just distort the footage of the cafe for a long number of minutes, occasionally cutting back in for a rare moment of clarity.

>Some of the things which could be seen from the footage: The pullover girl seemingly trying to call 911, the man in military gear leaning over the man on the ground in the bathroom, the cake group of patrons leaving, an the high-collared girl rushing to the bathroom also.

| >Then, an Asian woman in a red dress seemingly materializes out of nowhere at the desk, a punk with a mohawk walks in and sits at a table, and the pullover girl also enters the bathroom, seemingly arguing with one of the patrons inside. The feet of the man on the ground shake lightly but rhythmically, as if the man were being shook, likely due to chest compressions being administered

>The static began to go away, slowly, making the footage more visible and clear.

| >This happens just in time, as the pullover girl is seen making exaggerated motions near the mirror table, and the camera catches her quickly swiping the makeshift table, as if to wipe something off of it but hide the fact that she was doing so, before she puts her hands in her pockets and exits the bathroom.

">>>Great! Glad you>>>finally see it my way! Is there a fucking...AED in this cafe?!"

>The voice could be heard from the bathroom, likely from one administering first-aid.

| >The clip fast forwards onto the girl who took the substance bumping into the table of the punk with the mohawk, and stops just after to circle that punk in red, but with a question mark near it.

>It then fast forwards again when another girl, seemingly young and with faded pink hair as well as on the phone, enters the cafe and begins to conversate with the other girl who took the substance. The clip resumes like normal:

| "Did I...Come at a bad time? Ah no, Miko you were right, I'll talk later."

>She puts her phone in her pocket as the pullover girl moves out of the way, seemingly visibly perturbed.

"Yo, you might wanna move or leave, bad shit going down there, not much help us civvies can give, hmm?"

>The young girl replies:

"Seems that way to me, but ain't you in too much of a rush?"

>She then seemingly falls onto the pullover girl, and whispers something inaudible, which the girl replies to.

| >When he get off, the new girl starts walking to the bathrooms, and replies:

"Watch yourself, friend, tough days ahead-"

>-But not before the girl who took the substance grabs her shoulders.

"And what are YOU gonna do? Didn't I tell you they don't need the help missy? Let the actual paramedic handle this. You can surely wait right?"

>The new girl replied:

"Someone is dying, I cannot let this pass."

>-before pulling away from the grasp of the pullover girl, who stood still.

| "Christ, what kinda crazy is that... I wasn't told about this."

>As the new girl enters the bathroom, another voice shouts:

"Can SOMEONE go next door and ask LITERALLY ANY BUSINESS if they have an AED?!"

>Shortly after, paramedics finally arrive on scene, bursting through the doors.

"Where is the emergency?! Over here! Over here guys!"

>Just after this, the pullover girl dials someone on her phone while exiting:

"Yeah, Paramedics got here, I got the sample though. Too easy."

| >The remainder of the scene is fast-forwarded, as paramedics, police and an NDSec trauma team all arrive to help the situation. During the fast-forwarding through, it seems that at one point, the static returned, and stayed all the way until the man in the bathroom was already gone. After this, all that is seen is the cops speaking to people, mostly the staff, and everyone leaving the cafe as the cops evacuate the place. The important parts were shown.

>The clip then ends.

| This is...

...this is something I need to pursue.

I have no idea what the hell is going on here, but I'll get to the bottom of it, whatever it is.

-Cody Foss

| Yeah, I know how the camera in my workplace records. Nice leak. Oughta tell boss about it. -hAnne

| So...this is lost on me. What all went down here, and why is there creepy footage that looks straight out of a kids simsense show gone wrong cutting in through the camera? Something wrong with the system here?

>SVTVN

| >>585510
Yeah I'm going to need something to help me out here to.
This city is so busy the weird shit gets me lost.

| My guess is that there's some sort of decker who stumbled onto a program that gives them unlimited access to all the cameras in the city. It would explain the crazy god-stuff. Maybe the program's an ai that thinks itself a god?

| >thinks

Were it so simple...

| But my question is, what connection does this have to the events that happened at this Cafe? And furthermore, what really happened? It looks like some junkie went in and did some sort of drug in the bathroom...I wonder if this has anything to do with that new stuff we've been hearing about in the shadowthreads. How could a drug affect cameras and give us...this weird shit?
-Cody Foss

|

| No idea, but sidestepping the funky AI bullshit, there's some... lucrative paydata here, OP.

Got any more footage?

| >>586181 Sadly, nothing related to this. The footage is already processed by GCPD intelligence when its uploaded.

If you're referring to the girl who took the sample though, I took the liberty of doing some of my own digging around.

Her name seems to be Kou, a runner of some kind, and the GCPD seem to want her for suspicion that she's some serial killer that's been going around recently. Odd though, the younger one who walked in after her seemed far more unstable...
-Hardly Alive

| If I had any more data, it wouldn't be free anyway chummer, but frankly this entire situation, I think, will lead to way more profit if proper research is done. I'm more interested in the drug than I am the girls, but feel free to go after them, no water off my back.
-Hardly Alive

| >>586318
Something tells me they're linked anyhow. -CN

| It may have a connection with the recent board post here. The one where some girl is talking about some drug she took that gave her some crazy trip to an ethereal carrosel. Are they the same person? Maybe the drug is some crazy ai thing that interfered with camera footage.
-Zeph

| >>586455 But if those girls coming into the cafe were linked to the drug somehow, why would she needed to have taken a sample? I mean, I suppose she did walk in *after* the other two, but what would a serial killer even have to do with a drug like this though? I think its more likely that the girl who made out with the sample just happened to be at the right place at the right time. It isn't impossible to just get this shit off the streets, its just about knowing where to look.

| >>586581 I saw that too, someone who commented on this thread earlier went out and got some of this stuff to try. Crazy girl. I don't think that girl was this Kou figure though since this SVTVN was busy killing zombie clowns at the time of this going down from the looks of things. Also, from the footage, the person who OD'd at the cafe was a guy, so I think the only connection here is the drug and the type of things they saw. Maybe the drug just gives people similar experiences...

| The crazy part is how similar their experiences seemed to have been, if we are to assume that somehow, someway, the junkie in the cafe's experience while on the drug managed to make its way onto this camera footage...But how? How could that be possible?
-Hardly Alive

Total number of posts: 49, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1565129697

This thread is permanently archived