danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
How long can humans go without sleeping?

| So I recently got a roommate from... somewhere? And he has not slept at all since she arrived to GC. She doesn't look like it's affecting her at all either. I'm starting to get really worried. She deflects any questions and has already put a hole in one of my spare legs

Can someone give me a hand?

- Unit 00

| Around 11 days. Hallucinations will happen 3-4 days in. Be careful please!
-Angus

| 11 days is the record, mind. Realistically it's probably going to be less than that, unless she's on some kind of drug that keeps her awake.
Come to think of it, I know someone like this, who stays awake for days at a time like that... but I've been emailing her, and she acts like she's still in Florida... Could you describe this new roommate of yours?
- SciFox

| Maybe your roommate is a robot in disguise...
Can she transform into a vehicle?

| >>582574

She kind of scares me but I'll try.

>>582581

Oddly intimidating, short, smokes more than my caretaker did, and is always in racing gear.

>>582583

She's defintely NOT Lilim or a robot of ant kind as far as I know

| To my knowledge, cybernetic replacement limbs also affect how much sleep the body needs to recieve. If, say, both of your arms and a few orgams were cybernetic, they don't need sleep as much as they may need whatever form of fuel/recharging/whatever they have, so your body has less organic mass which it needs to account for.
-Hardly Alive

| >>582628 Okay, it's definitely not who I was thinking of, though 'oddly intimidating' would definitely describe her.
- SciFox

| >>582629 I find that a bit hard to believe given how important sleep is to the brain, but I'm really not very knowledgeable in this area.
- SciFox

| Have sex with her until she falls asleep.

| >>582632 Sleep is important for the brain, yes, and at some point the brain gets tired no matter how many augments you have, but when you have entire limbs replaced, you find that it takes slightly less toll on your brain to do anything related to those limbs because, oftentimes, they are simply better and more efficient when it comes to interfacing with the electrical signals of the brain. If your leg were to respond faster to the brain telling it to move, the brain needs to do

| >>582634

WHAT THE FUCK. NO.

>>582629

As far as I can scan, she looks like her body is still as human as can be.

- Unit 00

| less work to do the tasks it normally would, which makes it take less of a toll on the brain after, say, a walk, or a day of physical labor. Your brain will feel less tired as a result of these things.

Now, I cannot say for certain where sleep lies in this spectrum, other than I have noticed people with a lot of augments tend to sleep less, and it tends to not affect them as well, however, obviously the onset of cyberpsychosis could be a contributing factor.
-Hardly Alive

| >>582636
Ah. I see. In that case, maybe drugs?
-Hardly Alive

| Ask her to join my gang, you're welcome to join too!

Let's take over this city together!
-3pig6

| >>582638

Given the size of our shared garage, I might never find out, but who knows.

>>582639

I think I'm technically still in a gang. And I'm not sure if she's okay with them.

- Unit 00

Total number of posts: 15, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1564025556

This thread is permanently archived