danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
(Meta) Just gauging some ideas of mine.

| Hey guys, Pirat3 here, let's talk. Nothing bad I promise, not a complaint thread, actually I really like the state of /cyb/ at the moment, just have a few questions.

So regretfully I didn't participate in the hospital threads, but I did watch >>>7(!) of them go by, and that's awesome! That sort of thing is generally uncommon for /cyb/ in my experience, that is for one setting to provide that much content and still be interesting for that long seems to be a rare commodity.

| Word got back to me that the GM of that thread is actually in the medical field irl, and therefore actually knew what they were talking about when they hosted a hospital, from medical procedures to hospital protocol. That's freaking cool! Having that IRL experience in something to be able to add to the content is such a unique spin on a roleplay, and it really seemed to add to the content. So awesome job to that GM!

And it made me think to myself: What do I know that well?

| Well, I know music stuff pretty well. I've been a percussionist almost my entire life, so I understand music pretty fundamentally, and I go to a lot of concerts and festivals I guess, so I figured I'd host a rave festival! That's pretty cyberpunk, and could be pretty fun! So, I made the Bass Mountain thread, bassed (pun intended) on my first rave, and I figured that'd be a cool thing.

But then, it garnered no interest, nobody really commented there, and it made me rethink stuff.

| I've tried doing things related to stuff IRL I know in the past, with the DissoDexter's Drug Safety Guides being the first thing that comes to mind, because, to be 100% honest, I know way too much about illegal drugs too lol, but those took a lot of work and nobody really seemed to be into those either. Which, that's fine, if you guys aren't into it then you're not into it, maybe its just something I'm into.

And that's when it hit me: I should probably see what you guys are into!

| I want to try and provide quality content on par with that of the hospital, but I'm not in the medical field. I work as a mover/truck driver right now, which are both pretty boring jobs that don't really have exciting cyberpunk applications. This leads me to turn to my hobbies to try and draw inspiration from, but hobbies that I've done this with in the past (drugs with the DissoDexter thing and raves with the Bass Mountain thing) people seem to not be into, so I wanna just ask:

| What are you guys into out of these things that I am also into?

A) eSports (Maybe host a full-dive VR gaming tournament or something?)
B) Music performance/concerts (If EDM isn't your guys's kick, maybe like a Coachella styled music festival or something for every genre?)
C) High School (thought about making a recurring high school setting, it could make for some good drama and character development!)
D) Tabletop RP (Like a full-dive VR DnD game or something?)

Your thoughts? :)

| -Pirat3, AKA Diesel/Marston, Cody Foss, COM3T, Rhea Hudson, and many, many others

| Update: I've started working on an idea related to D, something like a Yu-Gi-Oh-esque VR full-dive card game where the monsters and such are life-size (and Eldritch, so it'll have horror elements) and the weapons the player wields they actually have to hold and use. Still thinking about it, in its early stages, but what would you guys think of a card-game styled VR game RP? Inspiration comes from SoC a little bit, but obviously a different game entirely. Thoughts?
-Pirat3

| Rather than not being interested in, people just in general don't tend to respond to matter-of-fact threads, such as 'hey, there's gonna be X happening', category in which Bass Mountain pretty much fell into. I'm pretty confident nearly anything interactable on this board is gonna fly (long or not is another question).
For example, if I just did a recording of a plant eating a schoolgirl it would get two to four comments and die off. But in stream/terminal format it worked.

| People on /cyb/ just react more to things that require pressing buttons and doing things. As long as you can provide that, I'm confident all A, B, C and D will work.
—UKT

| >>571559 >>571560 Thank you for your input! This is a good idea, and something that I was thinking about doing for this new idea regardless of what it ends up becoming. Interactive activities do seem to be what people are into on here, so anything new I GM will definitely be interactive. Thanks UKT!
-Pirat3

| What do you mean when you say that trucj driving isn't cyberpunkish enough? I guess it can be, like, imagine riding a truck and delievering stuff to zaibatsus

| >>571655 I mean, I suppose, but what would that character bring to /cyb/? How could I make that into something interesting? My dad does it for a living and I've been around it for almost my entire life, so I know that it can be interesting to the people who do it, but its not interesting to anybody who doesn't really.

Like, we get to see cool stuff, since we travel the country and shit, but how could I translate that to /cyb/? Glitch City is just one (albeit huge) city.
-Pirat3

| And regardless, how could I make that interactive? How could I do something with truck driving that would be more than just me telling road stories? That's not really a character that I could use to get involved with anything. What would that character do? They'd just be a truck driver.

I guess it could be pretty cyberpunk, I mean, hovering semi-trucks/self-driving semi-trucks could be a cool thing to talk about for a minute, but that novelty would wear off in a world like this.

| Just like how regular truck driving isn't really interesting in the real world, normal truck driving, even if it was via hovercraft or some other cyberpunk gimmick, would just be normal truck driving in a cyberpunk world, so it wouldn't be anything cool I don't think.

I mean, unless you guys wanted a truck driver character here for some reason? I guess that could be a cool thing, like an old guy who just tells road stories and talks on a podcast or something.

...I'll think on it.

| -Pirat3

| Yeah, do road stories. I mean, the cyberpunk world doesn't consist of 1 city.

| >>571809 I suppose you're right. It could make for some interesting stories...if that's what people want, I could definitely do that. Its unexpected that people would want that, I must admit, but it could be a good idea.
-Pirat3

Total number of posts: 18, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1560892746

This thread is permanently archived