danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Info Central 6/13: VitaLife Edition

| Hey everyone! This is CN and everything related to GC! Today on the information central, I got some shady organization dressed as cops, and a VitaLife executive attacking NSFMed hospital! Please wait shortly for the security footage I have acquired!

| Wait, that was an executive?
-John

| >>570206
'That was'? How recent was this misadventure, for you to speak as though it's a fleeting moment of missed J.C Elton's discount? -Uni

| Don't forget to check one of their latest shenanigans at Radio Wire.
That's right, now we do advertisement in other threads, kill me. -Big Neil

| Wait, what? I need this story...I should be there.
-Cody Foss

| >>570208
It's 'I just finished debrief' recent. And that asshole shot me thrice.
-Jhensen

| Alright ladies and gents, here we go with the camera recordings. -CN
>The recording opens with what appears to be the lobby of a hospital that is currently in lockdown, a lobby nurse can be seen at the edge of the corner of a camera, seemingly denying entry to someone or something as she is rapidly and mercilessly gunned down. Shortly after a small group of what appears to be 5 GCPD SWAT come into view, approach the closed fire doors labeled "ER", and place what appears to be some explosive on it. The charge activates, opening the way through for the group. As they make their way in another man follows slightly behind them, attempting to appear inconspicuous. He appears to be Caucasian and middle-aged, wearing a dark khaki overcoat and a wide brimmed fedora, what few facial features seen shows a square jaw and purple-pink eyes.
>The view changes to a hall featuring emergency rooms, the camera shakes due to a blast, before something is seen being tossed down the hall, soon exploding in a flash and blinding the view. Once it returns, the police are seen engaging in a firefight against a suited man, hiding behind a crash cart, the camera too far away to make any facial features. Doctors and nurses do their best to hide in respective rooms in the hallway as the SWAT enter the hall. The man guns down one of the police as they approach closer, sliding under a nearby hospital bed to hide. As two other SWAT approach the position, they threaten a doctor in the room, before the mattress flies towards them. The man tries to gun them down as chaos ensues, some of the hospital staff fighting back with a fire extinguisher as a nurse is shot down by the other SWAT pair. Eventually the remaining SWAT are killed or knocked unconscious as the camera shifts view again...
>The view is now further down the hall near the elevators, the back of the suited man from before can be seen entering the elevator. As the door close partway, the fedora wearing man attempts to run halfway in, being caught by the door. There's a pause, presumerably for dialogue, before the fedora man pulls out a Colt revolver. Muzzle flash can be seen through the crack of the elevator as the fedora man seems to slump over, the door slightly closing in the process. The fedora man suddenly springs up with new life and eventually pushes his way into it, gun still in hand as the doors close completely. All can be seen is the floor indicator above the elevator, showing that it is heading towards the basement, before it is cut off.

| Now I'm sure you have questions, so let me try and answer them, obviously those weren't actual GCPD, but some organization in disguise. As for the overcoat guy, BOY do I know who he is. -CN

| He is Dragan, one of the executives in the VitaLife payroll. Now, lets all ask ourselves something here, VitaLife goes on a corporate war with VeriaTech, and works with QUIDtrid to hide news of it. Now that VeriaTech is out of commission due to the coup, wheres the next place a VL exec shows up? ANOTHER pharmaceutical hospital. I don't know about you all but it sounds like VitaLife is out for some blood, I'm not saying those fake GCPD guys were with him, but they definitely didn't mind being followed by him. -CN

| So where does that leave all of us? Well it leaves us with another megalomaniac corporation trying to scrounge as much power possible, damn who or what they geek. First VeriaTech, now this place, who next? VitaLife wants to appear as the new bully in the neighborhood but I know theyre hurt pretty bad themselves after the blackout. They probably couldn't hold their own defensively right now either, unless they hire some outside help. Far be it from me to dictate who does what in this city, but all the corps know what happened in the summit a few years, back when another corp tried to gain a monopoly. I know for a fact some of you watch my leaks as well, how about we all do ourselves a favor here this time and nip the bud before it blooms? -CN

| >>570383
What do you mean by nipping it in the bud? What can we do?
-Jhensen

| >>570386
Well that's more for the corps who im sure secretly watch my "leaks". You know what they say, "only corps splash corps" right? Im just giving them a sign who they should splash next. As for all of us, I'm warning you all of an asshole exec who means a lot of trouble given this appearance. -CN

| >>570390
Oh, that old fart? Yeah, he's tough as nails. Electricity is effective, however.

| Wee woo Geekboy!
What kinds mess did you stick yourself into again ahaha!

| >>570394
Huh... good to know.
>>570395
Do you see me in those recordings? This time I was away from danger. -CN

| >>570398
Yeah, while some of us other lucky chummers were right up >>>in it.

-SEGFAULT

| >>570401
Uh... oh. So that's your handle on here.-CN

| Well goddamn if that's not a good exposé. I really dropped the ball by not being at this hospital...but I also dodged the wrath of that guy, whoever he was. A story like this doesn't come about this often.

Maybe I could collect the info you have and compile it into a news report? That would get the press jumping, and maybe action could be taken against one of the otherwise "untouchables".
-Cody Foss

| >>570418
It wasn't even a week since the entirety of "The Horn" got slaughtered (fire accident my ass), I'm not sure how many outlets would be ready to take the risks. Aside from Wire team, but they are pretty much batshit crazy, every one of them.

| >>570424
You have a point...maybe the Wire team could help get the story out a little bit. Once the story is already out, if it gets a following the big outlets wouldn't hesitate to pick the story up, but it may take some time for it to snowball to that level.

I'll try Radio Wire, if CN permits. I think they know CN too, so that would help. My goal is to try and take these corps down from the inside by exposing them to the public, and this...this needs to go public.
-Cody Foss

| >>570429
RW are usually on this stuff pretty quick, so I'm sure they'll talk about it. If you want to spread into nuts, the more its known the better, just be careful, the events during blackout has shown that VL will use any and all opportunities, even force, to get their way, and they wont show any expense even against a single person. -CN

| >>570403
Took you long enough to figure it out.

>>570418 >>570429
Christ. Do you really care so much about your fucking "big scoop" that you'd just show up to a hospital in the middle of a fucking lockdown; their fucking... >>>second one that same>>>day??

I bet you're the kind of person that goes around asking confused and innocent bystanders how terrified they are, like you fucking actually need that much of a cue to see it on their faces.

Get a clue, you jackass.

-SEGFAULT

| >>570545
Frustration leads nowhere? You should really consider less unsightly means to make your thoughts be conveyed? Truly the citizen of this town are troublesome~
-XIII

| >>570474 I understand, thank you CN.

>>570545 And what the hell would>>>you do to stop Vita-Life? Are you a big corps with the power to monopoly your way into the pharmaceutical industry, playing dirty enough to knock them out of business? Are you a government official, who happens to not be in the pocket of VL or another corps, who's willing to put their head on the line to do the right thing?

If you want to stop an Untouchable, you play by their rules, and you win their game.

| I started this freelance journalism job so that I could quit wasting my time complaining about these corps while being a wageslave and doing nothing about it. I want to use public influence to destroy these corrupt businesses and bring their dirty habits into the light, so that I can try to make the city a better place. If running into a hospital on lockdown would allow me to do that, then yes, I would do it any day. I'm not just another shill. But believe what you want.
-Cody Foss

| >>570557
Oh, fuck OFF with your fucking heady philosophical >>>BULLSHIT!! You know what's>>>really troublesome and unsightly?? People who think they're above getting shitted off over groups like VL/VT/whatever-the-fuck forcibly subjecting public servants to fucking deal with whatever terrific disaster they leave in their wake as they have pissing contests with each other!!

EXCUSE ME for fucking >>>feeling something!!!

-SEGFAULT

| >>570569 >>570589
The injured, the dying, the helpless and the staff caring for them are not some... fucking >>>canvas for you to paint a pretty picture for "all those back home" to look at!!

We don't exist as evidence you can use to prove your point and dazzle everyone with the truth. We're all >>>real fucking people!! You being willing to mosey into a hospital being fucking shot up from the inside doesn't make you a do-gooder, it makes you a fucking moron!!

-SEGFAULT

| >Ugh, reading some of the replies here still gives me a headache.

>>570205
>As cute as all that is, I found my Poly Code was pinged in here. I'd have responded faster, but we've had some big changes.
ChouneN, mind giving me a run down to what's happened since I stopped keeping an eye on things?
>-HAKASE

| >>570665
Well I suppose the biggest broad strokes would be:
1) GCPD tried to stick those bombs in the Kira Miki concert on me, and arrested me, obviously they set me free cause I didn't do it. Though that was only AFTER my transport got shot down by someone with me in it. We all somehow made it.
2) QUIDtrid, a television Corp offered me to make a show about me work with my team, I told them to shove it, so they made a legally distinct parody of my adventures, used it to cancel my favorite show, and used it to cover up news of an ongoing Corp war between two other corps, VeriaTech and VitaLife
3) Most recently we had a blackout happen downtown, during which VitaLife assisted a VT spy in commiting a coup on VeriaTech headquarters, far as we know Hera is now dead and the execs are splintered in allegiance. VL also tried to use the blackout to attack my hideout, but they sucked at it so were all alive still thankfully and have since moved.
4) Some archeologist dude was looking for you, hence the ping. They might have one of those things your team specializes in.
I think that covers the broad strokes. -CN

| >>570668
>I recall your arrest and the Kira Miki Bombs.
>That is entirely Goofy and Hilarious.
>That one is interesting, to say the least.
>Oh. Great just what I needed. It'll take a few days to get someone out there to investigate. Markus is on Leave, Tarin and Lucian are on other missions so I don't have anyone immediately familiar with the area.
>Not saying I CAN'T get some, but yeah

>-HAKASE

| >>570673
Yea, he said he follow leads to contact you or something? He also said he was going to explore the flooded district for more findings, but he hasnt posted anymore on the board since then. -CN

| >>570696
>Yeah I saw that. Good news: you'll get to see me around here again!

>Bad News: Just know that I am putting in an Express order to get one of our guys out there and contain that artifact he has.

>Let's just say, we wouldn't want anything else replicating any events within any amount of time your City has.
>-HAKASE

| >>570̧7҉0̡1͢ >̧57̀069͢6
̸T̨h͝e ob̸j́ećt ̢i̡n̕ ̢qùes͡t́ion̸ ha͏d t͡o ͟b͡e͡ ̷s͏ecur̴ed͟ ͢and̕ ̴co̵ntained ̸as͞ soon ̷a͟s ̧its ex̴is͏t̸a̶n͠c̕e͢ was di̷s̡c͏o̴vère̛d͏.̡ ̶I҉ts c̴u̢rr̸e͢n͝t l͡i͜ke̷l͡y ĺo͞ca͏tio͢n̨ ̛p̡res͏en҉t͘s͘ sȩv̸er̴e r̸i҉s̶ks t́ò p̡ub͝li̸c͞ ̴saf́e҉t͜y͠ ́an͟d̴ ̴m͡ight̛ ̵re͘sul̛t́ ̵i͡n͜ ̸v̴io͢la̛t̢ìon ͢o̢f m̢y̛ ̴P̛rim̶aŗy̢ ͏Directi̵ve҉s.
—M̕e̸rl͜i̧ņ

| >>570702
>Yeah, yeah, I saw you fussing in the thread.

>Who did you send to go attack the guy and where is the item now?

>I can arrange for my guy to meet whomever it is you've got.
>-HAKASE.

| >>57̀0́703̴
Acc̸ǫr͟d̵inǵ to ̵m̡y̵ ͝an̢alys͟iş, bas҉e̵le̴ss a͠ccus̨a͡t̢io̕n̡s of̕ ̶th҉ís̨ ki̶nd̡ ̕wo̵ul̶d͜ nor͜m͟a̵l͢ly ͢b͜ȩ ͡con̨s̀i͘dęr̴ed ͝i͏n̛s͝u̶lti̴ng͢. T̴h͠e̴r̀e҉f̡or̡e͢, ̢I̶ ̸c̵ơǹs̸i̕der my̕s̡e͟l̸f͘ ͝i͢n̷sul͏te͟d͢.͞

| N͟ei̵th̴er͜ ͠ḿe, nor a͟n͜y of́ th̴e͏ ̛t͝hir̵d҉ ͜p͏art͠ies͠ a̷f̀fi҉li̵at͝ed̛ ̵ẁi͘t͘h ̸me̵ çar͡ri̵ed̵ no s̛uch act.̛ ̵Sh͡ơu͞ļd͟ ҉I'͠ve͡ r̸es̴o͢rt҉éd t͞o fǫr̷c̕e͜f͘u͏l c͘on͞ta̴in͜m͡en͡t̶ of̨ th͘e̸ ͘a̷rtifàc̸t̛,̶ i̧t wo͜uld͏ b͡e҉ c͟urrent̨ly sȩću҉r̀e and̀ neut͞r̡ali̴se̢d́.҉
҉—M̡er̀lin

| U͏n͢f͜ór̕t̕unatèly, ́it ap̡p͟e҉arş ̕t̕h҉at͝ ͏ìt͡ w̴as a͡llòwéd̡ f͠o̢r t̢he͢ artįf̸act̷ t̕o e̡nt̶e͠r̢ area o͏f t̀he̢ Floo͞d̡e͞d di̵str͘i͠ct҉.̨ ͡C͏o̧nd͡iti̸ǫns ̴w̷it̵hin sai͡d ar͞e͢a͝ ma̡ke ̵m̶e͝ úņava͡i̕l̢a҉b͏l҉e҉ ̴to̡ ͞perf̧or͟m dir͢e͟c͟t su͢ŕv҉eil͝lanc̸e ̢t̢o͠ ̶l͘ocate t͘h́è ̡a͏rtif̕a͞cţ ͏ąt͏ ͏t̷h̢e ̵m͡ome̡nt͟.͠
—̴Mer͟l͟i͞n

| >>570701
Hey after everything the past month, I'll be happy to see a friendly face for a change.
>>570708
Well at least we know its somewhere in a district... -CN

| Great, someone lost an antimatter warhead in the city or something?

| >>570708 >>570710

>even better.
>who's up for some behind the lines analysis?
>-Hakase

| >>570720
Im up. -CN

| >>570723
>Perfect. At least this can get us some answers until my guy can get out there.

You've unlocked (Investigation) Uptown Apartment.

>>570708

Alright then. And sorry for calling you a murderer, I guess. Jumped the gun a little bit, as we three are all aware of what this thing could entail in time.

| (Ugh I'm not used to posting as HAKASE. Also at work atm so thread will be up later, or if Discord is preferable I can perform the Investigation that way)

| >>570729
"Right I'll pass by soon."
>>570730
(Since it's a private setting discord may work better in this instance, cyb should be mainly for public ones.)

| >>570733
(I remember the old hoopla from back then about too many Settings threads, do yeah, you can reach me at Arx#4583)

| >>570796
(Kk friend request sent. -CN)

| >>570643 >>570646
I don't believe I am in any way immune to being silenced literally any day now by a corps just for mentioning their name. If that happens, so be it, there's frankly not much I could do about it at this moment, since I'm just one person. However, I would like to clarify: I would never attempt to try and make something like this look pretty, that would do the poor souls who lost their lives in that hospital a grave disservice, and that's not just moral bullshit.

| No, this deserves to be thrown in the faces of everyone who could care. This dirty, underhanded, corrupt business deserves to be screamed from the rooftops and yelled from street corners. It deserves to be in every headline, on every chanboard, in every home. You know why? Not because its going to make me money, I could give a FUCK about that.

Its because that's the only way this will ever stop happening. People need to stand up. They won't if they don't know what to stand up for.

| Yes, you are real people. Yes, you deserve to be treated with more respect than to be just a name on a paper. You do not deserve to be subjected to criminal abuse by the very corporations we are meant to trust to provide for us.

But the sad truth is: These corps get away with far worse than just what happened at this hospital daily, and nobody does a damn thing about it, because nobody knows what the hell is really going on.

That's the problem I'm here to try and help solve.

| Here, in case you skipped past all of that and want the tl;dr version: I'm not your enemy, so lay the fuck off. I'm trying to help make sure this kind of thing doesn't happen again soon. If you don't want my help, that's fine, but the rest of the city just may, so stay out of my way and let me do my damn work, because maybe, >just maybe, I'm a good guy, and I could do some good.

-Cody Foss

| L͟'̷e͠nf̨er͢ e̶s̢t̸ plei̵n ͏de bo̴nn̶es ̸vo͘lo̶ntés̵ o͞u ͟d̨é͡si̶r̸s.͟
—M̷ér͝li͝n̨

| >>570895 You could switch "Hell" to "Glitch City", in that case.
-Cody Foss

| >>̛5708̷9̢8̛
͡W̛hil̛e̸ ͢a҉n ͟o̷f̧ţen r͡eǫc͡urr̴iņg ço̕m͜p͠a͡rison̶, ͡ít is l̷arg̶e҉l͢y i̕n̶correc̸t̷.̛ Ąs͞ ͟co̡mmonl̷ỳ ̡d͜epi̴cted̢ i̕n c͢ult͠ur̸e ̛a̛nd re̸l̨ig̶ous so̢u͏ŕces, ̶'͠He̡l̕l͏'̵ ͟i̕s̡ ͏a͏ ̧pl̸áne ̷o͢f̨,҉ ̷and́ ͢I śtr͜e̵ss̴ it̡, d͢es͠e҉rv͟ęd̷ ̨s͢uff̧ęr̶in̸g.
͜—M̵e̡rlin̨

| As ͝a̵ ͟p̷la͟n͡e ̡èx̵įs͠t̷i̕ng f̢o̷r ̛s͜i͞nn͜e͟rs t͝o atone ̵f͟or t̶hei̵r̕ wr̵o͏n̷g̴do̸i̷ngs,̷ ̕'H̶el͝l͡' įǹ most҉ i̕n̕c͏a͡r͞nát̵io̸n̵s i͢s a pl̡a͟ce o̸n̵e's͢ so͟ul̢s̷ has ţo ͏deser͠ve ̴t̴o ͡g͢o ͞t͢o̷, ̧u̵s͠ual͝l̵y̶ ͟b̵y̵ ćo̴mm͜itţing ͡sơm͏e̢ so̢r̡t of tab̶o͏o ͏or a̴ cr͞ime.͝ T҉o ͘ca͢ll͟ ̛G̢litch ̶C̵i̕ty͏ 'He͏ĺl'̕ would̷ ͘be͝ t͢o call͟ ͟th͟e e͡n̷tire͞ty ̷o̴f i͟ts͘ p̧op҉u̶l҉at̕ion s̨inn͠e͝rs̵ ̧des͟erv̢i̸n̡g H͟e̵lĺ,̵ ̢w҉ḩi̶c͏h i͏s làrg͢el͞y ͡i̵ncorr͞ect̛.
͞—M̶ér̷li͜n

| >>570890 >>570892 >>570894
... If you >>>really gave a fuck, instead of screaming our suffering from the rooftops for all to hear, you'd send help. Hollering "LOOK HOW TERRIBLE" doesn't benefit any of the victims in this situation; while you'd be sounding your clarion call, not>>>only would people still be getting fridged, but also they'd have to put their own lives in danger to save your sorry ass from the fuckheads that showed up.

-SEGFAULT

| >5͜7̕0913
͞Ỳo͘ur͞ ́w͟ordi̷ng͡ o͝f t͝he m̧es͝s̷ag҉e ̶res̨ult̀s ̷in̶ a͠ ͢cond͡rati͠ct҉io̢n.͟ ͏P҉ro̧vid͡in͠g͢ ̧o͞ņe's st͜reng҉t̴h̀ ͝to͏ heļp on̷e ̸in ̧n̡e̸ed̴,̢ ͜a̷nḑ ̴sȩn͠d͜ing ̴hel͜p͏ t҉o ̢one̴ ̨in͟ ͢ne̢ed҉ aŗe ̴two s̸ig͢nifi͘c̨an͘tl͠y di͘fferen̛t a҉cti͢òns. You͠r refu̸s̸al to͝ ͘cons͘i̧de͡r ͘b̸ri͠ng͟i͘ng at͘ţen̶t̶i͏on҉ ͏to one̕'̶s̨ n͝e̸ed ͏ás a secońd̕ ki͟nd͞ ̶of hel͞p̧ i̛s ̢t̶h͠e m̴os̨t҉ l̴i̧ke͞ly̸ ̕so͝ur̷ce ̕ơf̵ s̷a̴id͞ ̧co̵ndr̛a͞tic͞tion.̶
—͟Meŕlin

| >>570907
Hence, why I said, "in that case". I wasn't saying Glitch City was a punishment, I was saying it was a place full of good wishes and desires. It is, in fact.

>>570913
I believe I am doing that already by doing what I'm doing. I am, by trying to get this story out into the ears of people who really could help, trying to send help. I do not have limitless resources: I'm literally just one person, hence the "freelance" part of "freelance" journalism. I'm sorry for that.

| The corporations rule this city. They dump toxins, destabilize economies ^ commit murder with equal impunity. The government won't stop them - because they own the government. The only thing between the corporations and total domination is the media, and that's me.

I dig for the dirt & slime the corrupt officials and corporate lapdogs try to cover up, & the next morning, I can put the details of their crimes all over the screamsheets & vidscreens.

Then the Government has to act.

| (That post was a mess, let me reformat it.)

| The corporations rule this city. They dump toxins, destabilize economies & commit murder with equal impunity. The government won't stop them - because they own the government. The only thing between the corporations & total domination is the media. That's me.

I dig for the dirt & slime the corrupt officials & corporate lapdogs try to cover up, & the next morning, I can put the details of their crimes all over the headlines.

Then, the Government has to act.

| I'm still, however, by myself. I don't have a mediacorp like QUIDTRID backing me, and frankly, I wouldn't want to have one which would do something like what QUIDTRID did. I'd much rather stay independent then become another corporate face in the pockets of the "media" you all know too well.

I know, the media are not often considered to be a good thing, but please trust me when I say that I'm not with them, and I am really trying to do something good here. Key word: trying.

| -Cody Foss

Total number of posts: 62, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1560582069

This thread is permanently archived