danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
NSFMed at Glitch City [END CHAPTER]

| I promise this is it you guys, thank you all for playing!!

| "Hold it John, all four come along, that was the deal, it's not just the patient whos in danger from Dragan."

| "If you want once shes stable you can drop us off somewhere and I can pick them up, this is my responsibility anyways."

| >>570138 >>570139
"Don't worry, I am getting everyone very far away from here, It's just that the patient does not look stable enough for the extraction method."
>John pulls out what looks like a parachute pack, putting one on.
"You 4, get over here and put one on!"

"I'll keep my promise, CN."

| >>570142
"Alright... thank you."

| >>570138 >>570139 >>570142
>Aikawa is in the midst of cautiously setting up the portable vent and monitoring equipment, listening to CN try and clear up the confusion about how things are supposed to proceed from here. He can't just cast them aside like an old overcoat... right? She helps Roy off the bed, then turns towards John. Spying the parachutes, her eyes nearly pop out of her head.

"What the fresh fuck?! Y-you can't--"

| "I can. Now put it on."
>John sternly says, holding one out for her, and one for Roy.
"It'll be faster if we just get these on and ourselves out of here."

| >>570146
>Roy holds one of the packs up and looks at John quizzically.

"Um... what are these, exactly?"

>Not having caught John's "no ride-alongs" comment, he's more confused than freaked out like his roommate is.

"He wants us to jump off the goddamned >>>building, Roy!!!"

>Mark a third time down on the tally. Roy starts to get nervous, as he senses that this is yet again a case where she's using his first name because she's very upset about something.

| "That's just stupid. We are going up, not down."
>John says crypticlly...
"I'll have to show everyone how it's done, but I'll have to stay around to make sure nothing goes wrong."
>He keeps talking, as the VTOL begins take off, and flys off.

| >Rocky stops short of the VTOL as you hold out a parachute.

"CN, this was *not* part of the deal."

| >Just off the corner of the building, four small eight inch in diameter drones softly hover up and above the roof. One takes off for the VTOL but soon gives up, while the other three encircle those on the roof.

| >>570151 >>570152
>Aikawa's jaw drops as the VTOL leaves them stranded on the windy rooftop, no other exit in site. She reaches up a hand in a futile attempt to flag the pilot down--

"Wait, STOP!!"

>She looks over her shoulder at Rocky, hoping that she can talk some sense into John. Maybe that big rifle of hers will help?

>>570153
>Roy notices the drones floating upward towards their group, and points them out to Rocky and John.

"Um... I don't suppose those are yours, are they?"

| >>570160

"No... no those are NOT!" >She throws some earbuds to all three of you and sets up, beginning to fire!

| >>570170 >>570160
"Nope, and we are going, NOW!"
>John puts a parachute forcefully on to Aikawa, strapping her in without a word's notice, and pulls a ripcord.

>Instead of a parachute, a large-ish ballon floats really high up in to the air, with a little light on it...

"Simple as pie. See you, brat!"

>Aikawa feels a very sudden tug towards the sky...

| >>570173
>Aikawa struggles with John as he forces her into the pack, while Roy looks on with growing alarm.

"Hey, let her go, she hasn't--!"

>Aikawa barely has time to respond as John yanks on the ripcord-- she jerks her head skyward to see the balloon flying from her pack, and then immediately back down at her shoes... which are starting to have trouble clinging to the concrete. She tries to regain her footing.

"STOP, STOP, STOP-- HOLY FUCK!!!"

| >>570173
"And that's how it's done, catch!"
>John throws a Parachute towards Roy and Rocky, as Aikawa flys away, screaming profanities.
"Put them on, and just pull! Go!"
>John puts his on as well, but waits for the other 2 to go first.

| >>570177
>Roy's gaze follows Aikawa up and away from the rooftop, his face paling noticeably as she drifts further and from him. He looks blankly at John, then at Rocky-- who is busy trying to take out the drones that potentially spell trouble for their group.

"S-should we be flying with these around? What if we get hit by a stray bullet or something--"

>He shrugs into the pack anyway. What else can he do?

| >>570178
"It would be a first, doctor!"
>John takes a few shots at some of the drones, to let Rocky put her pack on in peace.

| >Rocky tugs the parachute on and takes a closer look at John.

"...It *is* you, isn't it?"

| >One two more of the drones go down, sputtering off the building full of bullets. The last appears to "blink" before turning around and flying off the roof...

| "People hallucinate in stressful situations, but you never know."
>John says with a smile, as he pulls her chord.

| >>570183

>Rocky immediately flies up as the balloon activates-

>As she flies, she blinks and aims at the last drone and fires.

| "How the hell are you flying up!? I can only see Roy!"

| >>570187
"Magic, CN! Magic!"
>John says, now with the widest grin.

| >>570188
"That's bullshit but I'll believe it!"

| >>570191
"Roy's here..."
>John says to CN... and pulls Roy's 2 chords, as he is on the heavier side...

| >Just then, an airvent chute pops open as a familiar fedora appears.

>Half of Dragan's face is covered in bandages, but he looks no less happy to see the lot of you floating into the air.

"Clever stunt you pulled down there, old man. I see even an old dog like me can still learn a trick or two."

| "Well, it's a shame I have to go now, maybe next time you can aim for the head!"
>John uses both his hands to flip off Dragan, as his own chord has already been pulled.
"Sayonara mother fuuuuuuuuuuu-"
>John never finishes his sentence as he gets pulled of to the sky.

| >>570198

>Dragan briefly points his revolver up at John's quickly vanishing balloon, but then thinks better of it.

"...sigh. Guess you can't win them all."

>He turns and limps away- and if one could see his phone, he passes over the numerous missed calls and text messages and goes straight to the Webflix app.

| >>570193 >>570188 >>570187 >>570196
>John's glee at sending everyone hurtling off the roof into the air is only making Roy more distressed-- old habits die hard; he's started to hold his breath again as his anxiety grows. He's almost started to see spots when he's yanked backwards and up, and gasps deeply as he rises from the roof, letting out a rather impressive scream as he's spirited away from the hospital.

| >"Subject onboard, leave the rest to us" comes muffled radio chatter in a certain air traffic control tower far away.

Total number of posts: 31, last modified on: Thu Jan 1 00:00:00 1560450252

This thread is permanently archived