danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
(Setting/bar)The Hazy Moonlighter

| >the moonlighter is open for business once again tonight, but in a rare turn of events its not open mic night
>the bar is mostly quiet for the moment only remarkable sounds to be heard are the sounds of staff preparing the bar for some event

>but still, some things never change as
>above the bar is a chalk board acting as a menu
>various drinks both traditional and BTC are listed down in pink chalk
>alongside some interesting house mixes
>and the new food items from last time

| >For once in his life, RaIn arrives early. Some bag is slung over his shoulder and of course, he's tapping away at his phone.
>He looks up and pockets the device before pushing open the doors to the bar. He looks around inside, admiring the overall pleasant vibe of the joint.

>Most importantly though, he fishes a cred stick or two out of his usual scratched up leather jacket and places them on the counter.

"Charge those for everyone's orders... I'm RaIn by the way."
>He smiles.

| >frank bows as you enter
"Hello sir and welcome to the moonlighter"

>then looks down at the cred stick
"Ahhhh you must be the host, Alright then"
>he receives the muns
"Ill give you the change if there is any.
You already paid online if i recall so dont mind the rest"
>he positions himself at the bar
"I guess we wait until your guests arrive then?
Till then, shall i get you anything?"

| >Meanwhile some of the staff are in the finish touches of decorating
>you see a girl with black and white hair in a maid outfit
>and a boy with brown hair wearing a blue jacket and an interesting looking headset
"Finally! We're almost done!
Uhhhh,cassius..? Your not in uniform"

"Huh? Oh! So i am, nice catch"
>the boy then retreats to a backroom before reemerging in a blue waistcoat, he kept the headset However.

| "A Crevice Spike. Throw a splash or two of Karmotrine in there."
>He stated as if he'd said it a hundred times before.

>Of course, he looked over at the 'maid' and... 'butler' setting up decorations after overhearing them. RaIn sucked with decorations, so having someone else do them was a blessing.

"You wouldn't happen to know someone that goes by I/A as an alias would you mister..?"
>RaIn attempted to question the Bartender, as he remembered I/A said they'd be behind the bar.

| >>567713
>the decor seems to be a mix of fancy and fun, as of the people doing it had conflicting styles by just did both at the same time
>its actually pretty good

"One crevice spike coming up"
>he mixes the drink and pours the green liquid into an old fashion glass
>then slides it over
"Oh yeah one sec, yo cass! Get over here"

>the boy in blue just pops his head up from under the counter
>how did he get there?!?
"Wot"

| >RaIn is taking a sip from his drink when Cass pops up from under the counter, he chokes a little.
"Oh. Oh hi. I wasn't expecting... Yeah hi, I'm RaIn. You own the joint ye? I'll also assume the maid is GEMINI?"

>RaIn seems a little weirded out by him popping out from under the counter despite being across the room... But weirder things have happened in Glitch.

"I wasn't exactly expecting decorations, but you did a nice job regardless. Better than what I could ever do."

| >>567727
>he laughs a bit
"Haha!wait you didn't see me?
Dude i walked over here and everything"
>then begins wiping the counter
"But uh first one is wrong, seconds on the money.
Come to think of it, i never met the owner.."
>then his eyes glow blue for a moment

>the girl peeks over your shoulder
"Hallo!"
>when you turn your dead it ends up in a face first of uhh..'meatbuns'..
>that somehow sounds more dirty then just calling them boobs

| >RaIn takes another sip from his drink, contently listening to Cass.
"Weird you've never met the owner in your time working here. You got hired on by some assistant proba-"

>RaIn turns around on the barstool, and for a brief second, he's confused as to what's going on, before pulling himself back out of the 'meatbuns'.
"Hello... Gemini? Last time that happened to me I was more than well acquainted with the girl."
>He looks a little awkward but slams down the rest of his drink.

| > A patron enters the bar; groomed with a maid uniform, a neatly braided hair, and glasses to finish her appearance. On her idle hand, she carries what seems to be a plastic replica of a gun — an assault rifle to be exact.

"Yes, I have arrived, Master—… what? No, these glasses distorts my vis—… that is the intended purpose? Curses."

> She squints and gazes around the bar, looking for an empty stool amongst the people already in the bar.

"—What is my Master making me do now…"

| >>567730
"Whaaa!"
>the girl covers her chest and scampers away
"Pervert!meanie!"

>the boy laughs again

"How many times does that happen again Cassius?">the tender asks the boy in blue

"Tooo many to count frank haha"
>he responds

>>567731
>the duo behind the counter bow
"Hellow there and welcome to the moonlighter"

| >>567732
"Ah, hello. I would like a drink, preferably without karmotrine."

> The patron beams a smile, but the smile comes off to become a wry-looking one as she squints to see the person engaging her in the conversation.

"Pardon me, I can't exactly see in these."

| >>567732
"Fuck."
>RaIn seems a little disappointed. Sliding his flass closer to Cass.
"Fill me up again."
>He groans.

>>567733
>RaIn waves a hand near the barstool next to him.
"Stools are here."
>He turns back around to look at the new person.
"And uh... if you can't see... Just take the glasses off? Or is there some reason you need to not be able to see two feet in front of you?"
>With some well meant snark, RaIn greets the new person.

| >>567733
"No karmo huh? No need to ask for an ID then..
Hey cass you take that one then"

"Aye aye.
Any specific flavor you desire maam?"

>you cant see well through the glasses but you can make out the blur of a headset and blue clothes

>>567735
"Coming right up"
>he pours in some more

| >>567736
"Anything sweet is fine. I needed a recharge after today's work."

>>567735
> The woman chuckled at the witty response, then proceeded to nearly trip as she walks towards the stool. Her face looks as though she is ignoring the embarrassment coming from the inexcusably clumsy behaviour.

"It—…it's because my Master commanded me to, in her words, 'keep the uniform as a whole for the event'. I don't know what event is currently happening."

| >>567737
"Coming right up"
>you cant make out much but you see what seems to be milk and a banana?
>followed by two table spoons of something?
>then you hear the sound of a blender
>Then the figure pours and
"Your drink la pucelle, banana yuzu marmalade cocktail"

>he then tilts his head
"Uhhh perhaps you could make use of this..?"
>he pulls out a set of glasses from his coat
"They are decorative so you can see right through them"

| >>567738
"Don't fret! My vision is excellent—"

> She lifts her glasses with her free hand, letting one of her eye glows. She proves her words by pointing at the three figures and describing their appearance.

"These glasses seems to afflict my eyes with reduced sight. As far as I am concerned, this is my Master's fault."

> Before she puts back the glasses, she takes a firm grip of the drink.

"Such a fancy drink, isn't it?"

| >>567740
"Alright then"
>he retrieves the glasses
>the glass is cold to the touch

"Mmm? Whats this about a master if i may ask demoiselle"
>he tilts his head

| >>567737
"Your master huh? Interesting."
>He shows a little concern for the girl by holding the barstool steady with one of his legs.
"Well, there's kind of an event happening here. It's just a relaxed night, for once, tied loosely in with this popular game."
>RaIn was about to hold up his phone, but he doubted she'd be able to see the game.
"Are you from around here misses uh..?"
>RaIn cocks his head a bit, he's not sure he's met this girl before.

| >>567741
"I'm a maid. This uniform may not signify I am truly one, but this is part of a costume my Master has ordered me to wear."

> She turns to RaIn, at least relative to where she thinks his presence is — knowing the halos and blurry shapes, it was hard for her to focus.

>>567742
"Around here? I suppose you can say that."

> Her expression forms an 'oh!' when she heard the mention of a game.

"A game? Was it the one Master has been playing? Hm…"

| >>567743
"Girls frontline i believe it was called?

Something something tdolls something something japan"
>he starts wiping the counter while waiting

| >>567743
"Your favorite guns are cute girls, it's oddly addictive, everything is cute. I hate that I love it."
>RaIn sighs, and looks over at Cass.
"Can you get me another crevice spike? No Karmotrine this time."

>He then looks back over at the maid girl.
"What's your name near sight?"
>he smirks at his stupid remark.

| >>567745
"Uni, but ah—… my Master said I should also introduce the character I am playing as."

> She pulls up her glasses again, this time taking the firearm she held all along to her lap. On the muzzle of the rifle, 'GK36' is engraved faintly.

"G…36. G36. Excuse my obliviousness, but I am in no way aware of what it means."

>>567744
> Hearing the name furthers confirm her suspicion.

"I believe that is what Master calls it, yes. What a hassle, she is—… she have come herself."

| (*G36. I am also in no way aware of where the K comes from.)

| >>567745
"Coming right up"
>he mixes up a spike, no karmo
>and serves
"Damn, 3 drink in already"
>he chuckles

>>567747
"Uni...? Thats rather familiar...ohh right right, from danger /u/?
I suppose we finally meet, although this Definitely isnt in the circumstances i expected haha!"
>he laughs a bit more
>quite the jolly soul isnt he?

"One strange master you are under the employment of la pucelle"

| >>567749
"I fully anticipate my Master to have sent me where you are. She has read my posts and this may have heen the punishment I am to endure because of what I said in the board."

> Uni murmurs at the word 'punishment', probably trying to hide the obligate fear from remembering what the work invokes.

"Well met, Cassius."

| >>567751
"Something something mega CN dildo yes? Oh man im still not over how ridiculous that sounds haha"

>he shakes his head
"But i am to properly introduce myself no?
My name is Cassius Robuchon Vanderbilt.
pleasure to formally make your acquaintance miss uni."
>then does a formal bow cuz why not

"Tiss a shame, i guess i cant treat you to that drink then, seeing as monsieur rain here is footing tonights tabs"

| >A loud crash can be heard near the door. On the ground is a teal haired lilim with a satchel on her back
>she stands up and brushes herself off. One of her sleeves is half missing. it looks like it was burned off.
"Oh hey I didn't forget. I'm just clumsy and late"
>Liz says with a meek tone

| >>567753
"Hey lizzy! Your kinda late you know?"
>seems only Cassius is here to greet you
"You got the memo about the event right?"

| >>567752
"My, I thought you are to hide the name of the sacred artifact from your sweetheart, Cassius."

> Uni let loose a quick laugh, and the memory made her unable to contain her laughter.

"Now, such topic is to be avoided for—"

>>567753
> The noise startled Uni, making her turn in surprise.

"—That enkindled my embarrassment. That sadistic Master… Curses."

| >>567755
>he laughs at your suprise
"My, that was a cute face."
>he teases

"Now then"
>he leans in ever so slightly
"Whats this about avoiding the topic..~?"
>teasing further

| >>567754
"Uhhhh. I didn't get any memo. Was I supposed to?"
>She taps her cheek and disappears from sight
"I dunno if I gave out my email or number or whatever"
>A quiet click can be heard and Liz reappears with non-burnt clothing
"Or maybe I messed up and wrote down the wrong contact info"

| >>567759
"Meh its fine, but we're hosting a party today so do get dressed.

I had a uniform tailored, its in the back.
Dont need to actually wear it However
Just an option"

>gem walks back in
>holding a bag of groceries
"Waaaaa lines take to loooonnnnggg"

"Again?"

"There was a sale"

"Oh"

"Hiya miss liz!"
>she is wearing the bracelet you gave her

| >>567764
"Alright. I will go change then. I won't do any of the silly fire tricks to keep it looking neat."
>She begins walking to the back and hears Gem. She turns to her and smiles
"Heya Gem. Did you enjoy your party?"

| >>567802
"Hmmmm,traditionally i would just tell you outright bhuuut instead ill just say 'yours is the same as mine' and do this-"
>he raises his arm and blows fire onto the sleve
>which has no effect?!
"Get it? wink wink nudge nudge"

"Uuhhh it was fun! Except for that part..."
>she shudders at the memory of what happened around the end

| >>567809
"Oh. I uh. I zoned out at the end there and by the time I came to, everyone was gone. So I left."
>She reaches into her satchel and pulls out a small cake
"I messed the cake I brought to your party and I hope this will make it up to you"
>She hands Gem a small chocolate cake with the the words 'HB GEM!' on it. There's a single lit candle on top.
>She then turns back to Cass
"Oh! That's very helpful then. But I wont push my luck today. It's already been pretty bad"

| >A thin almost frail woman meekly makes her way in, her plain clothing seem a size too small but they are the smallest available, the incredibly white clothes seem extra blanched today, they even still smell of bleach, in fact if you happen to be next to her, don't expect to be smelling anything else until your senses recover.
"I was in the area, I saw the message... I'm still confused about the game you mentioned, whoever you may be."

| >>567812
"Uhhhaaaaaaaaa☆☆☆☆☆☆a!!!
B-b-but the cake you made last time was alreadyreally good!
Uuuwwwaaaa◇◇☆"
>gem gets hit with the human equivalent of the blue screen of death
>or maybe joy in this case

"Oh do i detect a story?">cass asks

>frank finally returns from whatever he was doing

>>567819
>the non blue screened staff bow as you enter
"Hello there and welcome to the moonlighter"

| >>567837
"Uh, hello, um, someone invited me, i don't know who they are, or what they look like... actually we haven't even met yet. Now I just seem suspicious. I'll just go..."
>She turns to leave, skulking away the best she can whilst already being plainly visible

| >>567860
"No need to leave miss hes right here"
>frank gestures to rain
"Kinda in a haze though..."

| >She walks up to the man
"Uh, hello, I'm the medic, but, what was the game you were talking about? Or, if you don't want to answer, thats fine, I can just, go back to practicing."

| >>567864
>RaIn looks confused for a moment. Who was this 'Medic'? He finally clues in and it shows on his face.
"Right ye, you. I don't think we've actually met before. The game is called 'Girls Frontline'. It's some game where all your favorite guns are cute girls. It's a gacha game so of course, it's addictive."
>RaIn simpers for a moment.
"And as you already know, I'm RaIn."
>He responds rather regularly, unaffected by any alcohol at the moment.

| >A light floral fragrance begins to slowly seep inside the bar from the entrance. As it does so, it grows in intensity — heavy, sweet scent of a forest in the middle of a town.

| "Hmh, a dryad."

> Uni tracks the smell, moving herself on the stool to catch more glimpse of the strange, out-of-place scent.

"Say, would I be correct to say that the bar does not have any atmospheric alteration feature?"

| >>567933
"Frank did you do anything...?"

"...no?"
>>567934
"Not that i can think of..."
>Cassius walks outside to investigate

| >On the street outside walks a figure. Barely 4 feet tall, thin female frame with luminescent cyan... skin — with no clothing to cover it. A waterfall of glowing golden leaves descends from its, her, head, supported by a network of branches beneath it — parting on the left side of her head to let through a large amber orchid. Vines course along her limbs, dotted with small red flowers.
>Parts of the golden garden drag behind her on the ground, covered in dust and dirt.

| >There are dozens of small cuts on her bare feet, leaking transparent sap that mixes with dirt which covers her legs layer upon layer. There is a large cut on her right cheek, just below her hexagonal pupiless amber eye. A thick veil of yellow pollen carpets the ground, filling the air with heavy, floral scent.
>The figure stumbles aimlessly, slowly making its way past the bar entrance, her expression blank.

|
"Oh shit its the plant girl"
>he carefully approachs
"Uhhh...hello there"
>then taps a button on his headset and plays a calming tune

| >>567947
>The... girl... stops, slowly turning her head to look up at the man blocking her path. She bobs her head, her empty eyes gazing through him, it seems. The air this close to her is so thick with pollen, it is almost excruciating to breathe.

| >>567955
>he coughs a bit
>then dons a kitsune mask from his vest
>it the top area for the eyes clear into a visor while the bottom acts as a gas mask
>he kneels down
"Bonjour mon petit.
Can you speak? I mean you no harm"

| >>567958
>Her gaze follows the man as he kneeles before her, as empty as it was. She opens her mouth and closes it again, clearly mimiking him speaking, but no sound comes out. She blinks, making the orchad on her head bounce lightly.

| >>567959
"Hmm. I suppose not then"
>he coughs again, it seems he didn't get out all the pollen with the first few coughs
"Hmmm..are you Alright with being touched...?
No..wait better question..are you able to stop all this pollen?
You might end up hurting someone demòi"

| >>567962
>Another blink is the only answer he gets.

| >>567964
"Uuuhhhhggg communication will be a pain wont it..?"
>he attemps to pat the plant girl on the head
>perhaps as a gesture of goodwill?
"Its quite Alright, i suppose you were just born hours ago.."

| >>567965
>Branches going from her head are surprisingly soft to the touch and flexible, their leaves tickling mans hand lightly. But at the same time it seems like they are extremely fragile — a couple of barely audible snaps hints that some of them broke from even this much pressure, leaving small patches of sweet-smelling sap on his skin. If the girl noticed, or felt it, is unclear — her expression doesn't change one bit.

| >>567970
"Uh oops...sorry.
Hmmm how to deal with this...
Its a plant...and shes Probably just been wandering..ah wait."
>he pulls out a plastic bottle of water
>mineral water, for that extra nutrition
"Perhaps you are thirsty?"
>he unscrews the cap and offers it to the girl

| "Ah, my. Is it a dryad, Cassius? No, rather — 'she'?"

> Uni places her (false) gun on the counter while she stumbles her way to the figure she sees with her bare minimum vision.

"So—…"

> She lifts up her glasses, giving her a moment before she presses on with her sentence.

"—…Who is she, this dryad? You seem familiar, you two."

| >>567972
"Uhhh long story short, my contact lenses are augmented reality.
There was a stream about some experiment and a plant ate a school girl, then became this i guess.

But thats for later.
Catch"
>he throws her a gas mask
"This pollen is suffocating"

| >>567973
"The scent does not affect me. I appreciate your concern."

> Uni gazes with a flat emotion, but a withstanding curiosity. She caught the gas mask, but kept it idle — all while looking at Cassius'.

"Well, regardless—… that is not how dryads are born; I cannot concisely call it anything but dryad, can I?"

| >>567971
>The 'dryad' extends her left hand towards the bottle offered, landing a soft touch on it's surface with her fingers. For the first time some bit of emotion appears on her face. It softens, giving off a feeling of saddness. Red flowers dotting her limbs close up a little.
>As soon as she pulls her hand back to hang freely from her shoulder, these changes reverse themselves, the girl turning back to her expressionless self.

| >>567974
"Huh, should this have been any other time i would have loved to engage in a conversation about dryad biology"
>he laughs
"But now isn't that blessed time.
This might pose a legitimate danger with all this pollen.
If your immune to it somehow, then keep the mask handy anyway, you'll never know"

>>567975
>the turns back to the plant girl
"No its quite Alright you look thirsty i think. Please do take a sip"
>the gas mask part then becomes translucent revealing a warm smile

| >>567976
>The same expressionless blink as before is, again, the only answer to the man — whether positive, or negative is hard to tell.

| "Cassius, I propose introducing smaller responses before speaking a fluent English."

> Uni points at the obviously dry reaction the conversation has been getting.

"Let her decide; put the water in a glass, in front of her. If she is as young as you speak of, then she may not yet be as capable as we are."

| >>567980
"Hmmm good point,
Lets see if it works"

>>567978
>a little tiny drone delivers a wine glass from the bar
>he then pours water in it
"Drink?"
>and places it in front of her

| >The girl spares no attention to the glass in front of her. She, instead, pierces the drone with her gaze, looking amusingly completely occupied with it, despite her lack of expression. Golden leaves at her legs drag through the dust and dirt on the street following her head's movement, sweeping some more of it on her abused feet.

| >>567984
"Ooh theres a bite.
My bug eh, now why wou- oh."
>anime_redunacy_comedy_bell.MpX
>he feels kinda stupid
"Riiighhht your still a kid.
It must see it as a toy"
>the raises his finger and the bug flies to it
>he then places it in from of the girl
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRgqPeTK_m2aZfIUI0N5qHK73DsyHzwUoCJ5iF8yj9b-DBi3LCO

| >>567986
>The girl's responce to the bug drone being placed in front of it is... explosive. Her expression might have stayed as emotionless as ever, but her body reaction was intense. Every single flower on her body opened wide, new buds of cyan orchids popping and opening throughout the golden waterfall atop her head. The burst of pollen is so intense it lowers the visibility of the entire street quite significantly.

| >Slowly and graciously she raises her arms open as if for a hug — her gesture, her posture offering her entirety to a crude mimickry of a nature that is insect-looking drone.

| "Ahhh i cant see"
>he waves some pollen away
"Huh, it worked.
Is that response human for a toy, or plant for pollination..?
Maybe both..?"

>the bug, very gently,climbs onto her
>very
>VERY
>gently

"Uhhh, do you want more?"
>he says slowly

| >Throughout all of this, RaIn stayed deadpan. Looking at his phone screen, enthralled by the game. The thick cloud of pollen starting to obscure his vision of his phone screen made him finally look up.
>He pulls his shirt collar over his mouth so he can actually breathe for now.

"Good old Glitch huh. Plants in a shitty mechanical city like this are kinda wacky. More so living ones."
>RaIn hops off the stool and fishes around in his bag, taking out a surgeon mask and sliding it on.

| >>567989
>The girl, transfixed with the first thing remotely reminiscent of a nature in the neon tomb of a city, keeps her eyes on the drone crawling on her — tricked by its appearance and lacking yet what it takes to realise that her fragrance is wasted on a mechanical tool passing as a bug.

| >>567995
"Ill take that silence as a yes"
>his eyes glow blue
>a few more robotic bugs then emerge and resr on cassius
>Hornets, bees, grasshoppers beetles and spider just kinda cling to him
>there actually kinda cute! In a weird metaly way

| >The 'dryad's gaze locked onto the insects. For a moment the flowers covering her bloomed ever strongly, but suddenly began to wither rapidly. Bioluminescent glow coming from her golden leaves and cyan epidermis flickered and began to fade — along with her eyes going hazy and unfocused.
>As the final, large amber orchid on the left side of her head closed, the girl collapsed onto the dirty street. What did the burst of bloom before cost her?

| >>567998
"So it did work.
Alright lets fix you up demòi"
>the bugs disperse
>and Cassius tries his best to what he thinks to be healing the girl

>and bu that i mean he pours the mineral water on her lower body and hopes for the best

| "Drek stupid ribs..."
>CN jogs down the street towards the bar, eventually arriving at the scene at stopping mid stride, surprised by the scene unfolding with the dryad
"...What."

| >>568002
"You good sir, are incredibly late.
I have already handled it, it seems"
>he laughs while thinking of more ways to fix the Probably unconscious plant girl

| "Well if it isn't the protagonist."
>RaIn quips.
"Some dryad girl kinda walked in and I assume tried to pollinate? It was kind of bizarre."
>He sits back down, and carries on with his drink.
"Drinks are on me by the way."

| >>568000
>Which doesn't do anything, or doesn't seem to do anything anyway, aside from washing /some/ of the dirt covering her lithe frame. With some of it out of the way, it is clearly visible that the cuts on her feet are still leaking transparent sap.

| >>568006
"Hmmm, cuts...perhaps thats why...
Just what did you walk through little one..?"
>he snaps his fingers and a little bug delivers a box of band aids
>and another with a box of medical gauze
>he washes away any dirt he can with the remaining water and begins banding the cuts as necessary
>if it can stop human bleeding then it should stop plant human thing bleeding
>hopefully

| >>568004
"What is she even doing here!? Did you find her already!?"
>CN just seems flabbergasted by these turn of events

| >>568012
>deciding that there isnt any better to do
"Crazy protagonist powers geeky.
I might just be better at being the MC then you~"
>he laughs

"But seriously put on a mask or something if you decide to get closer.
This pollen is a genuine problem"

| >>568009
>It's difficult to wash all of the dirt and dust away whlist she is still lying on top of dirty, dusty and now wet ground. Bandaging isn't going specifically great either, as gauze keeps getting caught on the sharper edges of epidermis. Perhaps, it would be easier to treat her indoors, after clearing and scribing away rougher edges of epidermis around the wounds.

| >>568015
"Shiiit...on one hand, its Probably dangerous to take the choking hazard indoors...on the otherhand..."
>he stops himself before he finishes the sentence and pickes her up
>then brings her inside to the backroom of the bar
>conveniently there is a medical bed there
>which she is promptly set down on
>then gets to work with a nearby medkit

| "Cassius what the hell is that?"
>frank asks

"Explanations later, gem snap out of it and help me our here"

"Whaa? What is that?"

"Nevermind what it is, it needs first aid"

"Uuhh, rodger"
>gem helps with the first aid after doning a mask as well
>she is markedly better ar it then Cassius

| >>568019
>Most of the pollen veil remains outside. With most of her flowers withered or closed, there is hardly any source of new pollen. Although the sap leaking out of her wounds, and her frame in general do still exhibit a light floral fragrance, now mostly refreshing as opposed to the heavy musk outside.

| >>568023
>Frank turns on a fan and opens a window in preparation for when it starts pollination again

>cass and gem begin their work moving away the rougher edges and carefully cutting the ones that cant
>then gem carefully bandages the smaller wounds and gauzes the more pronounced ones
>cass using medical scissors to clear out what needs clearing

| >>568014
"I dont really have a mask though."
>States CN keeping a wide birth from the pollen, lest it has some detrimental effects

| >>568024
>If anything, doing it indoors makes it easier to work. The sap, that has been leaking throughout the ordeal, began forming a thin layer of glaze within the cuts, protecting the soft plant tissue beneath it from the world. With no blood vessels to speak of, it would seem like eventually leakage would stop on it's own, and with wounds properly cleaned and scrubbed, it is unlikely that plant tissue would begin decaying.

| >Still, the girl doesn't look like she is going to wake up anytime soon. With her body cleaned and cuts treated, there doesn't seem to be much left to do except to wait until the sun comes up.

| >>568026
"CN, hands up!"

> Uni throws her gask mask promptly upon hearing CN's words.

| >>568032
"I think thats all"

"Wewh"
>gem exhales

"How about you guys get back to the usual. Ill stick by In case something does tipsy"

>gem and frank return to their usual duties
>as Cassius pulls a chair and sits by the girl

| >>568033
>He fumblely catches it, surprised by the sudden throw, and put it on
"Er.. thanks Uni. So what exactly did I miss?"

| >>568048
"The dryad appeared, then began pollinating — I will let Cassius explain the rest because it seems he is more acquainted with the dryad than I am."

> Uni places her eyes on the 'dryad', letting one glow as its light beams on to the plant matters.

"—Though, as I have speculated, this is far less likely to be a dryad… or a forest nymph. Rather than a plant-like human, would it be more correct to say it is a human-like plant?"

| > Uni shakes her head, leaving her assumption to her own world. She left to return to her stool, willing to get back drinking before she sees her glass.

"—Right, and we happen to host a gathering of sorts. Don't mind the costume."

| >>568051
"Well the dryad thing was kind of streamed online so you can get all the details there, as for the party... I have a passing familiarity with the game dont worry."
>If by passing familiarity he means having a lv. 163 account that's hes been playing since it came to English servers, *cough*UID:34463*cough*

| >>567837
"The last cake had a bit too much salt added to it. This one doesn't have any in it. But since you enjoyed the last one, think of this one as a bonus"
>Liz takes a step closer towards the back and hears Cass mention a story
"I'll tell you all about it in a bit. It's gotten busy here in the last few minutes so I'm going to go get changed so I can help"
>She rushes to the back and re-emerges in the uniform
"How cozy"

| >>568050 >>568053
>an entity beyond the third wall coughs and said '*cough*show off*cough*
"Ill be glad to explain. Just give me a moment"
>yuu hear from a little bug that made its way to your shoulder
"Also why are you still outside?"

| >A man in full military kit enters the bar. He has a rifle slinged over his shoulder and a suppressed pistol holstered by his side. On his multicam plate carrier there is a worn out patch that read "NDSec". There is also an equally worn out wolf patch with the same letters on his arm
"Hi, I'm here for the free drinks"

| >>568122
>frank and gem bow
"He hello and welcome to the moonlighter"

>frank pipes up
"Oh, hey mister impulse, what can i get you tonight?"

>>568058
"Salt? Didn't Cassius say salt makes cake sweet...?
Ohhh thaaaattts why it was so sweet.
Eeeeeeekkkkkk☆☆☆☆"
>he gives liz a thank you hug cuz free cake

"You can tell me all about it in a moment"
>you can hear him from the back

| >>568124
>"Impulse" thinks for a little, then replies to Frank in a very bad attempt of sounding british
"I will take a gut punch, thank you"
>Then another man in a similar outfit minus the patches enter the bar. His choice of weapons is different than the previous one
"I will take a gut punch, thank you"
>The man shout to Frank, this time the accent is absolutely british

| >>568128
"A gut punch for mister impulse right up!"
>he mixes a gut punch
>then hears the similar order
"A gut punch for mister impulse-wait what?"

>he slides the gut punches and then blue screens

| >>568130
"My, the tender is gut-punched."

> Uni chuckles after spotting the new two patrons. She gestures them both to be careful of the still-suffocating air.

"The pollen may greatly be overpowering here, be careful."

| >>568130
>The two man chuckles loudly as they see Frank getting confused. Then do a little fist bump
"You still gotta work on that accent, Red"
"Cut me some slack, I'm Canadian for god sake"
>Then they go to sit at a stool

| >>568133 >>568134
"Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa....?
But thats impulse! But hes impulse! But impulse is sitting there?!
But hes also sitting there!"
>he goes from blue scree to full system crash
>*thud!*

| >>568119
"Well even with the gas mask the whole pollen thing is very concerning, what if it's some kind of bioweapon, no offense to the girl but I've seen enough streaming of corporate secrets to be overly paranoid."
>CN states, through muffled talking, thanks to the mask.

| >>568135
"I'm Red, not Impulse"
>The man with the NDSec Patch answer as he chuck down the gut punch, then cry out in pain from the gut punch
"Ow!"

>Impulse just chuckles, then do exactly the same, except without the cry

"How the fuck did you drink that?"

| >>568141
"All the more reason to find out what its deal is.
Im just as suspicious as you but its still a life, and you saw the stream, im rather responsible for it in a way.

But we're not here to discuss morals and philosophy, get comfortable in the bar, all we can do now is wait."
>the bug flies away
>>568142
>you are complaining to an unconscious body
>Congratulations

| >>568144
"Oh, did you fornicate with an oak tree? How are you taking responsibility for your actions?"

> Uni remarked with a snark that does not emit from her face as one; there is much guessing to be done whether her words were serious or not.

"CN has a strong reason to stand his ground. We may not know if its pollen is safe; should it not intentionally kill us, that is."

| >>568145
"Not quite, although i agree with both of you...if push comes to shove i can light her on fire or something.
But thats rather drastic given that we have yet to confirm if she is a threat or not"
>the bug flies to your shoulder and replies
"But until then, Qui vivra verra demòi.
Make no mistake However, ive been ready to end her since i saw the pollen"

>then a chuckle
"And no, i have in fact not had sex with a plant."

| >>568147
"Unfortunate. I was ready to raise another nymph."

> Uni chuckled. Her eyes were still mesmerised by the dryad's appearance, for seemingly noticeable reason.

"Hostile or not, if what I understand is true, it is born from human-will. It has a creator; a creator with an intent. We should worry of this creator; not what it has created."

> She pauses, gazing at her shoulder.

"—For now, that is my concern."

| >>568148
"Oho? You wanted to raise it?"
>he laughs
"Certainly that dream might come true when it can finally com*uni*cate"
>moar laughs

"But yes...that thought has been crawling in the back of my mind for some time now, there is no way its not human made..the stream stated it was an experiment...

Moreover she got out...and there were wounds all over the poor girl...

Once again, time will tell i suppose.."

| >>568149
"I am a proud, capable mother, you know. Fourteen children, all of whom blessed with offsprings; a dryad would only pose a minute challenge."

> Uni looked with a wide smile as she spoke of her achievements.

"My motherhood is a unification of many."

> Once she exhaled her dignified giggling, she continued.

"—Would the creator consider it — her — a property? A trophy? Or would they see this a befitting companion? I seek to understand their thoughts."

| >>568150
"Once again, time will tell.
Hmmm...speaking of which, we're at a bar and you haven't touched your drink.

Why dont you take a sip and tell me about these kids of yours, help pass the time as such perhaps?"
>the bug begins to levitate

| "Oh my, I did not mean to forget the drink. Something else have taken my attention, you see."

> Uni took her drink, shaking off the pollens left and gulped a considerable amount of the glass's content.

"—Tropical."

> She let her eyes follow the bug, then put it to rest at the glass's rim.

"Now, children. Which one do you wish to hear? One to fourteen, I remember each of their names — you are free to choose by the their number, of course."

| >>568154
>you taste banna and honey with hints of milk to mild it out ever so slightly as to not overload the taste
>paired with the semi sweet and sourness of the uzu marmalade leaving a refreshing aftertaste
>all rounded out with a nice refreshing chill
>delicious

| >once you return to the bar the bug loses its necessity and sits down on the counter as you can hear him directly from the backroom

"Hmmm..anyone in particular..although with further deliberation, i must ask.
Who is the dad? Sharing fourteen kids with someone is no joke."

| >>568156
"The father? There were none, of course. I was, as their predecessor, tasked to be a first — and a 'Mother' to them."

> Uni starts reminiscing, and through her words it was apparent she is recalling parts of the story herself.

"There was one who was born a man, and he was considered a Father — but he and I; we harbour no urge to love, nor care."

| >>568157
"...?do continue?"
>you can see lovecraftian monsters tentacles emerge from the backroom

| "Despite this, my child were born from my womb. Their appearance was akin to me; their hair would shimmer, some born with supreme ruling, some were miserable and pained. Yet, I love them equally."

> Uni noticed the strange apparition, but chose to visibly ignore them.

"I have sisters too, but they bore no more child than I did."

| >>568124
"I believe salt is added to cakes to enhance the flavor of the other ingredients. I'm not 100% sure though"
>Liz says with a chuckle while being hugged
"It was a bit too salty for my taste but I'm really happy that you enjoyed it"
>After the hug ends she flashes a smile at Gem and turns in Cass' direction.
"Long story short, I got attacked by a large group of stray cats. One of them got ahold of my arm so I did the dumb fire breathing thing to escape"

| >>568163
"Wow...how did you get through it all?
Just...the concept of child birth..i cant imagine the pain."

>he peeks his head out along with a little stick with the tentacle
>it was a prop
"OoooooOOOOoooo"
>he wiggles it around
>2sp00ky4m3

>>568164
"Ahehe!"
>she then lets go and returns to cleaning the empty tables

"You didn't happen to be in uptown when that happened did you...?"

| >>568165
"I was. Do you know something about it?"
>She rolls up her sleeves and puts her hair up in a loose ponytail. Her right arm looks badly burned
"My current theory is bad luck on my part"

| >>568167
"Ohhh nooooo.... shiiiittt... get back here so i can fix that...its a long story..."

| >There's not much ceremony about the new arrivals this time- It's Chisa, Yukiko and Maria again. Only difference is, Maria is decked out in some kind of silver armor. They make their way to the counter, and Maria is the first to speak.
"...Hello again."

| >>568169
"Hello there you three.
welcome back to the moonlighter"
>frank bows

>as you arrive, chisa might gain a it of giddy as she sees gem in a maid outfit
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/566319784153841665/586056011954126848/20190520_175139.png

| >>568168
"Fix what?"
>She looks down and sees her arm
"Oh. I didn't even notice"
>She walks over to Cass while surveying the damage to her arm
"I just figured that cats in this city just dislike me. They always hiss when I walk by them"

| >>568171
"Hmmmm...yeah this is easy enough, just a second."

>he looks around the drawers around the medical bed
"Hold very still, ill need to fix the artificial skin..."
>he does exactly that with zero pain and near instantly any pain is gone and so is the burn
>the artificial skin seems to have been replaced in record speed
"Better?"

| >>568165
"Pain, hm? I'm not sure. By the wake of Iuventas, I had experienced what felt to be life and death numerous times. After all, bearing fourteen at once is a task, even amongst mothers."

> Uni scratched her head, probably trying to remember every inch of the memory to tell.

"Ah, tentacles too — let us talk of Minerva, and her distaste of sea creatures. She squirms at the sight of any ocean-born beings. She is cute, with her blonde locks; and she inherit my eyes, too!"

| >>568174
"By all means, we have time."
>he chuckles as you hear rummaging after liz steps inside the backroom

| >>568177
"I don't want to bore you, and Iuventas can hear me speak if she has not ascended down. If you wish to imagine her, suppose our lovely Gemini there is shorter — and her bosom is less gifted."

> Uni finally gave off to her own humour, loosening a laugh that was neither composed nor dignified.

"—My, Iuventas, pardon me. You were not born with a lustful body in mind."

| >>568179
"Black and white hair and all?
Hmmm..i suppose i can see it.

Oh wait, is that laughter i sense?"
>he chuckles
"Hallo!"
>gem peeks up from behind the counter
>absolutely cute of her

| >>568173
"I didn't feel a whole lot beforehand but yeah. It looks way better now. Thank you, Cass"
>She smiles and looks at her repaired arm
"Can I pay you back somehow?"

| >>568170

>Chisa does indeed turn bright red. She opens her mouth to speak, but Yukiko interrupts her.

"You stay right here, sis. I'll go ask everyone else," >she proclaims and gets up, leaving Chisa alone with Maria and with her thoughts.

"I'll take... A Sugar Rush this time, please." >Maria raises a silver-clad finger.

| >>568182
"Iuventas possesses a gold, youthful hair. She is not too far from Cel — my sister — whose hair glimmers when sun shone on her. Otherwise, she is spectacularly similar to Gemini."

> Uni smiled at Gemini's appearance.

"And indeed, that was laughter. How unusual of me. Iuventas has always wished for her body to grow, but she was unable to — her siblings put her as much as a joke for that. I suppose their Mother can't also dam her laughter any longer either."

| >>568184
"Payment? Nono its quite Alright."
>he chuckes
"Its just me helping a friend. No need for things such as that.

Now c'mon, lets get to work"
>he walks back out and returns to the bar

>>568187
>ood..Cassius and gemini weren't working here last time

"Sugar rush for miss maria.
Oh uhh but ill need an ID for proof of age before i can add any karmotrine to the mix.
Regulations and all"
>he begins mixing

| >>568188
>the bug flies to the backroom to watch the girl in his stead
"Hmmm how is laughing unusual for you madame uni?

It seems perfectly normal.
and i can tell you were enjoying the conversation because of it."

| >>568192
"It is perfectly normal, but I am to compose myself when in duty. As you may see from this uniform, the duty lasts until my Master calls me back."

> Uni softly spoke, replying to the wondering question.

"A strange regulation put forth by my Master, but as you may have known, she is an odd fellow."

| >>568188

"Right. Stay calm." >Maria reaches into the shield-like protrusion on her left forearm and produces... a knife. She immediately sets it down on the counter, and her ID is projected onto the blade. She's Ukrainian, 22 years old.

>Chisa, in the meantime, collects herself and calls out.
"Um... Ge...mini...?" >She's hesitant, but more out of fear of getting it wrong than anything.

| >>568190
"Okay. I did have something in mind though."
>She looks away from embarrassment
"Could I take you out for coffee sometime maybe?"
>Even though she's turned away, her cheeks are a bright red

| >>568198
"Hmmm? Do you have a cold or something?"
>he laughs
"You didn't have to come today if you were sick"

>>568195
"Hmmm quite professional of you. My applause"
>he begins wiping the counter
"But back on topic, you kids make fun at the smallest for being flat?

Your next line is 'and she is insecure of her chest' !"

>>568196
"Yep that works"
>he pours thw pink drink in a shooter glass and slides it over

"Whah! Oh, hiya miss chisa!"
>she responds

| >>568199
"I'm definitely not sick, you dolt."
>her cheeks have gotten even redder somehow
"I-i'm trying to ask you out on a date"
>A big puff of fire comes out of her mouth when she says the word "date". She notices and covers her mouth up with her hand

| >>568199

"Thanks." >Maria returns the knife to the shield on her arm, catching the drink immediately afterwards.
"How has the bar been?"

>Chisa grins, waving at Gem.
"How are you doing? Cute outfit, by the way...!"

| >>568198
> Uni shakes her head, pausing before making any sure reply.

"No, it was not the only reason; her body does not grow past adolescence. Her insecurity, should there be any, should resonate from her everlasting youth."

> She took a small gulp to ease her throat, yet again feeling the unchanging taste of the drink — to which she smiled.

"—However, she is the most capable amongst her sisters. Men are somehow more favouring of her over her sisters — I wonder why."

| >>568201
"Ohhh i know. But you should know by now that i was teasing"
>he gives a cheeky smile
"Me being the mischief maker that i am~"

>>568203
"Cant say i know."
>he shrugs
"And i refuse to say the obvious joke for that would be too easy.
Or inappropriate.

Now then, enjoying the drink?"

| >>568202
"Active as usual, we installed a new food menu and cass and gem have been helping out until we can find actual staff"

"Find it sooner">cass pipes in

"Im doing fine miss chisa! My birthday was last week and miss liz and reya gave me all sortsa nice stuff"
>she blushes at the memory
"Why is everyone so nice to meeeeee??!"

| >>568211

"I might know someone who'd be interested in helping- at least temporarily." >Maria takes a sip of the Sugar Rush.
"Maybe two, depending on how she takes it."

"Oh! Happy belated birthday!" >Chisa quickly bows her head.
"If I'd known, I'd have brought a present with me..."

| >>568212
"Although i think any help would be nice. Its kinda pointless if its temporary.
Thanks for the offer though"

"Uuwaaa! P-please no more gifts ;W;"

>to add oil to the fire Cassius leans in and says
"Someone already saw her bra...and made her blush...and got her lying down."
>then retreats to the counter with a mischievous grin

| >>568144 >>568145
"Don't misunderstand. I'm not saying to kill her, hell I've made taking care of rejected Corp experiments a side job at this point."
>CN sighs
"I'm just saying we dont want to unwilling hurt ourselves of others to help her. Not to mention theres the whole issue of who she was *before*. Now for that, what exactly did I miss?"

| >>568209
"You arent the only one"
>Her face instantly goes back to normal. She turns around and she has a smug look on her face
"But seriously. I'd like to take you out for coffee sometime"
>She throws what looks like a punch and Cass feels her hand whoosh to the side of his head. She withdraws her hand back. In it is a folded slip of paper
"Besides. You already hit my weakpoint"
>She unfolds the paper and shows it to Cass. It's his phone number.
"Mine is already in your pocket"

| >>568209
"My Master would find more delight in its taste, but I do enjoy the taste as well. I cannot find what is lacking, and therefore I will grant it a full mark."

> Uni takes a sip to finish her serving.

"Say, I am late to notice, but Gemini is certainly popular. Do pass my late wishes for her birthday; for her to be prosperous and joyous — ah, what more do young maidens yearn for?"

| >>568215
"Absolutely nothing.
We just caught the scent of flora and when i walk out, bam, there she is"

>>568216
>he laughs
"Well played, well played"
>he then blows on the paper containing his number
>and it dissapears
"If you wanted it you could have just asked"
>and hands you a paper flower
"Do open it"

>>568217
"Huh, she is now that i look at it.
Feel like hearing her sing?

Im certain she would enjoy it"

| >>568213

"If you say so." >Is the response both girls give before immediately turning bright red.

"Someone saw her >>>what?"
>The look on Maria's face can perhaps best be described as a grimace.

| >>568220
>he leans in so only chisa and maris hear him and repeats
"Some~one~ got her ly~ing down and saw~her~bra~"
>then leans back
>and chuckles
"But my lips are now sealed~"

| >>568218
"Too bad I already have your number memorized"
>She gives Cass a wink and opens the paper flower

| >>568223
>you open it and find nothing
>when you raise your head up
>he is gone, but that familiar smell of blueberries and cinnamon can be sensed to your left

| >>568221

>Dead silence from Maria. Chisa, on the other hand, can be heard muttering "Lucky..." under her breath. With a sigh, she returns her attentions to Gemini.
"So... You're working here now?"

| >>568218
"Now, she seems to be socialising. As an honourable adult, we should keep her as is with her acquaintances and friends."

> Uni lifts her glass, signalling to the bartenders of a refill.

"—My Master should be needing me soon. I will have another glass before she calls for me."

| >>568228
"Yup thats fair.
Of Course i didnt mean now"
>Cassius repeats the process, milk, banana honey..etc
>then refills the drink

"Oh in that case, enjoy your drink and do come again"
>he bows as is tradition
"And no worries about the bill, im certain rain will handle it, and if not, i will. A promise is a promise after all"

>>568226
"Yup yup! Just until frank finds a chef!"
>she does a whimsical little twirl

| >>568230

"Ah, that's nice. It'll be a chance to see you consistently." >Chisa smiles at the twirl, giving Gem a thumbs up.

>Maria sets down her Sugar Rush.
"I'd like a refill, please."

| >>568230
"My, I intend to pay for what I drank — but I must not reject any hands lent to me. Thank you."

> Uni put her glance at Gemini, approvingly nodding at the working lady.

"If she is to sing more in the future, then I suppose a duet wouldn't harm either of us."

| >>568218
"Was she always letting out pollen like this then too?"

| >>568236
"You sing?"
>he tilts his head
"Come to think about it, i suppose she would benefit from the experience"

>>568237
"Yup, needed a mask from the getgo"

>>568233
"Coming right up"
>a little pitter and a little patter and your drink is served

"Ooohhh! Mmm the bar is kinda quiet...do you want me to sing something?"
>she looks eagar as always

| >>568224
>Liz exhales sharply with a disappointed look on her face
"Can't win 'em all I guess

| >>568239
>the card begins glowing
>it combusts into a a controlled flame
>when its done, the burns form
> 'coffee sounds nice'

>you then feel the tickle in your left ear

| >>568238
"I have some expertise in singing, but I am far more certain Gemini would eclipse myself in a duet. I'm not confident in my ability to sing."

> Uni heard Gemini's question, pointing it out to Cassius.

"Gemini, take the microphone and play us a tune, if you may."

| >>568238

"Thanks again." >Maria nods, accepting the drink. Then she hears Gem's query, and nods in tandem with Chisa- albeit less eagerly, and without the excited "Yeah!" the redhead android lets out.

| >>568243 >>568245
"You'll be surprised~
I taught the girl myself after all~!"
>he says with just a hint of pride

"Whah! Really?!uh Alright!
Cassius what do i sing"

"How about name of the sin?
Feeling like a fairy tale today"

"Alright!"

>she climbs onto the stage
>takes the mic
>and begins her siren call
"unmei no megami sama ga me o tometa~
'nante kawaii akanbou da koto.~
sou da wa! ano ko ni mahou o kakete asobimashou'~"
(I fekin got an 18 again)

| >as she begins singing, its clear to anyone listening
>she is good
>its like listening to a fairy tale
>the softness in her voice, the sway, the perfectly practiced pitch
>its beautiful
>the floor and the walls of the bar look like they fall into the sky
>and all of a sudden, everyone is thrust into what looks like a fairy tale land
>they stand on the hill of a grassy plain, a fairytale kingdom seen in the distance
>she continues singing

| >>568242
"I should have known there was more to it than that."
>She bops her own head and and leans on the counter
"Is there anything you'd like me to do?"

| >>568253
"Yeah">he whispers
"Pay attention, gems singing if you havent happen to have noticed"
>cass replies
>and gestures to the fact that everyone is now standing on an open field

>you look down and see your clothes somehow changes
>it now looks like that of a fantasy style dress

| >>568238
"So what exactly made her pass out... er hibernate?"

| >>568257
"This. This is one hell of a trick."
>She looks over to Cass.
"I didn't know she could do this. Or even that she was this good at singing. Is it always like this?"

| >>568249
> Uni had to rub her eyes open when she sees the new world brought upon by Gemini's voice — she scorns herself for not being aware, but her face has drawn a constant awe.

"My, you have taken a stride of pride — but it repays in clear result. A teacher's pride, this is."

| >>568257

>Chisa and Maria gaze down at their new garb. Curiously, Maria's new outfit is... not really all that different from her old digs. Her left arm is still encased in a silver gauntlet, which she prepares to reach into, just in case.

| >>568259
(Im assuming your still outside, as to not interrupt the performance)
"I dont know, but the working theory is that she thought my robotic bugs were real, and let loose some pollen to many, followed by the leaking sap from the wounds"
>>568260
"Kinda sorta kinda, just enjoy the show for now">he whispers

| >>568261 >>568262
>she continues singing
>her voice, beautifully serene, yet elegant and refined
"Kubonda ryoume yasegisu na karada~
Watashi wo mireba dare mo ga iu no desu~
'Bakemono!~
omae wa onaji ningen ja nain da yo' to~"
>flowers swarm the area and all of a sudden, you are in the town
>children are playing as people try to barging with stall merchants
>as you all find yourself in a market square
>a snow white girl roams around
>she continues singing

| > It took Uni a longer moment to find her changed outfit; a long flowing dress in pure white replaces her maid uniform.

"Such nostalgia—"

> She swivel around the square, vision not locking to one wonder inside.

| >>568263
"Hmm... maybe shes out of energy now or something, is she undergoes photosynthesis she needs soil, water, and sunlight."

| >>568264

>Maria returns her hand to her side, joining Chisa in watching the snow white girl roam around them and slowly making her way to one of the merchant stalls.

| >she sings upon a fountain in the middle of the square
>it loses streams of water to match the monochromatic maidens song
"kanashii nante omowanai~ datte!
omoeba hora mata namida ga afurete kuru wa~!

>>568265
>perhaps she spins right into some tiny children
>if so then they seem to want to play
>they jump they skip roap and play tag as the little ones do
>a small girl in particular wishes for you to join
>a cute smile on her face
"C'mon big sis lets play!"

| >>568272
>the detectable smells of various breads and foods fill the air
>as the sources of the smell line the various stalls
"Care for a baguette miss? First ones is on the house"
>a fairly well rounded merchant offers with a jovial glee as he extends his hand with a bag containing a baguette

| >the white girl looks sad and her shadow seems off although you cannot say for sure from this far away
>a boy with ebony white hair passes by her, bandages covering his eyes
>at the same moment, they turn their
Heads to each other

>thats when it hits everyone
>gems song
>she is singing a story
>a beautiful and serene yet, poeticly sorrowful tale
>about a sad cursed girl and a blind boy

| >>568267
"Hmmmm water didn't seem to be a problem...and where the hell are we going to find soil?

Plus its night at the moment..."
>the bug on your shoulder relays the message

| >>568276
"B-big sis? I am over a century old, little missy! …Now then, tag!"

> Uni gleefully taps the little girl's shoulder as she began running, albeit impeded by the dress dancing through the wind she cuts through.

"I don't miss the divine dress' skirt at all!"

> Bits of open laughs can be heard when she takes a step forward, trying to escape the incoming chase early.

| >>568279
> Though that is what she expected before the atmospheric change, where her laughter stops at the shift of tone.

"—Gah, I shouldn't have ran…"

| >The realization comes to Maria after she accepts the offer of a loaf of bread. She nearly drops it once the lyrics hit her, but manages to keep ahold of it.

>Chisa has stopped moving entirely, more akin to a statue than any sort of machine, and Sairento is taking notes about the song.

| "Moshimo negai ga hitotsu kanau nara~
Sekai de tatta hitori dake no tomodachi wo~
Ikiru koto wa subarashii koto~
Sonna fuu ni watashi mo omotte mitai~"
>she continues
>somewhere along the line Cassius started playing a violin with her singing
>the two make a good combo
>the soft string serenade of the violin
>paired with the angelic voice of gem

| >>568284 >>568286
>Its actually not that sad, as the more you watch the more it seems happier
>as you see their encounter they seem to become more and more friendly as it continues
>its actually kinda happy

>taking advantage of your pause from misinterpreted sadness
>*poke"
>the little girl tags
"Tag! Your it big sis!"
>why not enjoy the place while it lasts?

| >>568290
"Do enjoy! Its my wifes recipe!"
>he lets out a hearty laugh
>The bread smells really good
>and the square seems to be busting with activity

>all and all, its pretty nice here!

| >>568295
"Ha! This goddess shall cast you to misadventures for cheating!"

> Uni tries her best to catch the nimble child, ignoring off the song's melancholic start. The wind blows more on her dress as she slowly paces to the child.

"Gemini, you are doing a splendid job, dear!"

| >>568298

"Thank you!" >Maria smiles, taking a bite out of the loaf as she watches Uni play with the child. Chisa begins to move again, looking around the marketplace to see what wares everyone has.

| >>568280
"Well for soil theres probably plenty of fertile soil in the farming district, as for sunlight we can probably make do with some UV lamps."

| >>568299
"Waaahh never!!"
>the girl yelps in defiance as you close in on her
>but you eventually do

>a bit of back and forth and the kids are all exhausted but satisfied for they had fun
"Thanks for playing with us big sis!"
>the girl hands a tiny basket of fruits
"Here ya go! Mama and papa have a lot anyway!"
>how sweet
>there is no way you can refuse that happy little face

| >>568303
>you tear off a little piece and bite in
>i-its delicious!
>the satisfaction from the crunch of the crust
>yet the soft sweetness of the rest of the bread!

>but nevermind that, how is this all happening?!
>bah, nevermind! Its too fun!

>the market is full of trinkets and foods
>little cute rings and vines of grapes
>all of the people seem so kind

| >after everyone finishes their respective business the songs scenario continues
"Nezumi wa nande kirawareru no deshou?"~
Karera wa waratte "Kitanai kara darou"~
"Sore nara kotaete, me no mienai boku no tame ni.~"
>its the same square but a day later you think
>the pale girl seems to be talking to some animals Cinderella style
>she looks kinda bored yet there is some joy on ger face

| >>568307
"Then praise be for delivery late night delivery.
I actually have a UV already, dont ask why.
Mind getting the fert?"

| >>568314
"A wailing druid—… Gah, I should not."

> Uni quietly approaches the girl, but voices no word. Her dress flows as she finally nears the girl, about as close as she can be without disturbing any of the animals.

| >>568314

>Maria slowly eats the bread, making every bite of it last. The bread brings to mind Shirabe's cooking, but more importantly-

"...Serena..." >The word escapes her almost without thinking as she watches the girl talking to the animals. Small tears form at the corners of her eyes, her lips forming into a minuscule smile.

>She may have learned to let go, but it doesn't make the memory hurt any less.

| (Small side question, can i get someones thoughts so far?
Am i doing well enough? Descriptions lacking in any way?)

>>568319
>you get close enough not to disturb the scenario
>enough to hear her talk
"Mister rubbles i did it!"
>she lifts up a rabit
"The wish came true i finally made a friend!"
>you can see little tears of joy

>behind her is her shadow, However its not fitting her at all
>rather its that of a lady wearing a dress, with a halo and wings..so why is it so dark..?

| >>568320
>However from your distance you can only see a happy little girl playing with a rabbit

>the the gears of the clocktower looming over the plaza begin to shift
>but it does not disrupt the melody, in fact, it moves with it
>every clang of a gear, every ring of the bell
>its as if the entire world is helping to sing the song
>it

>..its..beautiful

| "Mite minu furi ni rifujin na sabetsu,~
sore tte nezumi to docchi ga kitanai?"~
Atozusaru karera ni tsuzukete iunda~
"Nidoto suru na!"~"
>she continues, only rendered ever more fairy like by the melody of footsteps
>and the sound of the violin's melancholy

| >>568324
(We're doing well here! I suppose most of the writing is stylistic, so it's all right.)

> Uni stood only listening. Her breaths were heavy, but they were an attempt at staying covert from the scenario — though hearing the name 'Mister Rubbles' might have made her visibly display a near-chuckle.

> She ignored most of the strange shadow, perhaps pertaining to her disinterest in ruining the scene.

| >>568325

>Maria wipes her tears, continuing to eat the bread- but her left hand clenches into a fist, the manifestation of the wariness the sound of the clock tower has woken in her. Regardless, she continues to smile, listening to the song while Chisa stops moving again to take more notes.

| >>568315
"It should be no problem, I can get it and be back in about an hour I suppose. Or would doing this somewhere is be better?"

| >>568334
(Alright thanks. Just wanted to be sure you know?)
>then cometh the grim
>a bunch of mean looking men pass by
>and then stop and sneer at the girl and spit on her general vicinity
"What a horrible little monster"

"That ugly thing isnt human like us.."

>this saddens the girl deeply it seems...
>and then tears begin to flow corrupting those made of joy
>it seems she goes through this treatment every day...

| >>568339
>you see this unfold from the distance
>a cold cold feeling looming over your shoulder as it happens

"Ureshii no ni naze deshou ka datte~ Namida ga hora yappari afurete kuru no desu~ "
>at this point the duo are lost in the rythm and are entirely focused in the song
>perhaps you also are overtaken by it
>the melody of footsteps
>the symphony of gears..a symphogear of sorts
>and the rhapsody that is the duo it rings for

| >>568342
"Alrighty then,i should have most of the stuff properly done by then.

Also follow the bug, itll lead to some shortcuts"
>it flies up

| >Despite all that's going on, RaIn couldn't care less. He's on his phone messaging other people, occasionally swapping over to the game. Taking a sip from his drink every now and again.

>He was never one for stuff this seemingly over-the-top.

| >>568342

>Almost instinctively, Maria draws her knife, assuming a semi-ready stance. It'd be kind of intimidating... if she wasn't still holding onto the bread from earlier. The loaf's almost finished though, for whatever that's worth!

| >>568346
"Uh sure, thanks."
>CN goes and follows the bug but slows for a moment at Maria's gesture >>568349, looking a little confused as he continues his pace

| >>568344
"Peculiar."

> Uni took the shortest response, staying true to her plan to stay quiet and watch. Although there may be more to her reaction, it was hard to interpret with the uninventive expression.

"—Humans are a peculiar bunch."

| (tfw you overslept and posts materialized. Where was I again? I can't seem to find my post
-Impulse)

| >>568422
(Dosen't matter at the moment.
To recap, gem started singing and now everyone is in a fantasy land for the duration of the song)

>>568347
>you delve into a beautiful fantasia born from the siren call of a monochrome maiden
>a huge and bustling fantasy town which life it sings in conjunction to the song

>and you choose to PM people and play gatcha games
>such dedication to waifus is legendary

| "Moshimo naritai mono ni nareru nara ~Anata no mae de wa futsuu no onna no ko ni ~
Omou hodo ni mune ga kurushii ~Doushite watashi wa watashi na no desu ka? ~"

>>568349 >>568390

>However in traditional fantasy style, a white knight appears
>the blind boy returns just in time
"The act of not seeing the prejudice from earlier
I have to ask myself, is the rat truly dirtier?"
>the people stuned by getting punked by a blind kid begin to back away
"Never do it again!"

| >Impulse and Red got into random chatters while having their drinks

| >>568445
>when you look down you notice your clothes now look like medieval armor

"What the hell is going onnn"
>a very confused frank questions after being woken from his shock induced slumber
>poor guy
>falls asleep for 2 minutes and then hes in magic land

| >>568727
(Just a gambeson or full on plate armor
-Impulse)

| >>568740
(Its all an illusion~
Sooo i dunno it depends on you)

| (Gambeson on Red and Plate on Impulse then)
>Impulse laugh at Red
"You look like one of those bloody peasant archers"

"Not fair! Why do you get plate armor and I get a goddamn gambeson!"

| >Liz continues to watch the show as she pulls an energy drink from her bag. She looks over to Cass
"This is honestly really something"

| >>568743
"Pulse...o-other pulse..?
What the hell is going on..?"
>frank asks dumbfounded

>>568763
"Yep, this took a while to set up."
>he chuckles
"Well dont just stand there! Explore the stalls! Play with the children! Or maybe just enjoy the show.
Its pointless if its not fun"

| >>568764
"Eh. I'm not really a fan of kids. And besides. I have this drink to get rid of my tic and you're here to talk to. So I'm okay with things. Although I'm not a big fan of dresses."
>She takes a long swig from her energy drink and her eye twitches

| >>568764
>Impulse look over to Frank
"Nah, mate. This lad overhere is Red"

"Redford Bell, at your service"
>Red bow, wearing the gambeson, he now looks like a real peasant

>Impulse laugh very loudly at this
"Red, you should stop bowing in that outfit"

| >>568775
"Should this have been any other situation, that would have made me tease you dar~ling~"
>he laughs
"But that gag is kinda old, so lucky you, no more teasing"

>>568869
"Wha...? A-are you sure hes not part of ..*this*"
>he gestures around
"Cuz redford just sounds like the name of a peasant archer.
Especially with those clothes"

| >>568905
"I don't really mind the teasing. Truth be told the whole 'darling' thing is something have no control over so I can't blame anyone for my reaction."
>She rolls up her sleeve and looks at her repaired arm
"The lilim girl who this arm used to belong to had a strange reaction to that word. For whatever reason it got transferred to me."
>She rolls her sleeve back up and takes a sip of her drink
"At least the caffeine bit is my own i guess"

| >>568905
"No, he is definitely not of the fantasy dream"
>Impulse reply

"Oi! Who are you calling an illusion"
>Red is clearly offended

| >>568947
"Hmmmm...tendency tranferal..via used replacement parts...
If thats the case, tell me the story-"
>he then leans in close to her ear and whispers
"-dar~ling~"
>then leans back away
"Where did you get that arm from exactly?"

>he chuckles
"Sorry sorry, last time i swear"

>>568964
"That doesn't explain why he looks like fugly the peasant archer!
Or why are we here?!

Or why am i dressed like a medieval taven keep?!"
>he slightly panics

| "Kimi wa yasashii onna no ko~
Na no ni itsumo jibun wo semeru~
Nagusamete agetai kimi wo~
Sou da koko ni saita~
Hana wo kimi ni ageyou~
Sore wa migoto na shiroi yuri no hana~
Sotto kimi no chikaku ni oite iku yo~"
>she seems to be finishing up
>thank god cuz im running out of description power
(I realize i forgot to provide a link
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=70XCUw1kkGU
Sorry )

| >>568974
"The building I used to work in collapsed and my arm was caught in it so i ripped it off so i could get out. A friend of mine was also caught in it. She was completely destroyed in the collapse an all they found was her arm. her mom gave it to me because mine was gone so I replaced mine with it. I dont know if she was ever redeployed or not."
>She sighs and takes another drink
"Have you ever lost a friend, Cass?"

| >>568986
"No...cant say i have thankfully...but i came close more times then i can count.."
>this time the expected chuckle was rather hollow
>he pulls out a set of dogtags hidden by his shirt
>you can see what seems to be a ring in between the two plates
"Really...really close.."

>he shakes his head and livens up
"It might take a bit, but i might be able to check if she was.
who knows?"

| >>568992
"I see."
>She finishes whats left of her drink but continues to hold onto the can
"It's been 3 years. I'm not sure if I want to know if she was. Maybe it's better that way."
>her eye twitches a little as she pulls a familiar silver coin from her pocket
>It seems as though that's her replacement for a worry stone

| >>568974
>Impulse point to singing Gemini
"Maybe it's something with her?"

>Meanwhile Red is getting more pissed as the argument goes on

| >>568999
"Hmmm yeah, i guess your right.
Were you close?
I imagine being allowed to keep the hand means yes"

>>569005
"A-are you sure hes not part of this?
Dudes face is as red as his clothes"

>he then looks to the fountain and sees gem singing
>then looks down a bit as he realizes he must be deaf or something to not have noticed sooner
"What the hell us going ooonnnnn"
>he is dumbfounded
>he is confused
>he is panicking
>and over all bamboozled

| >>569006
"We were."
>She opens her left hand. A blue lens in the center of her palm flashes on as a hologram of a yellow haired lilim girl appears above it. She is running in an open field with a much smaller Liz
"We had known each other for our entire lives"
>She closes her hand and the hologram disappears
"I had thought we would be there for each other forever. It seems like fate had different plans"

| >>569007
"Hmmmm...well then.."
>he begins to go 'counseling big brother' mode
"Can you say that your over it?
That you had closure?"

| >>569018
"I'm not sure. But regardless of whatever happened or happens, I still have that tic of hers. Which means I'll always have a part of her within me. Corny, I know, but true."
>She chuckles. And shakes her head
"Never thought I'd have a reaction to the word 'darling' like she did. It's rather funny I think."

| >>569023
"Haha yeah that was pretty cheese.
But hey, who knows? Maybe you'll meet her again someday?

Maybe not, maybe you'll get impatient and start searching, leading to some crazy adventure like in a novel.

I mean when i think about it holy shit it works really well!"

>did i say 'counseling big brother'?
>i meant book nerd
>i tooootaly meant book nerd

| "The heroine separated from her dear friend,years pass and the only memento being her friends hand which she now uses.
Your like a novel Character!"
>he laughs and you can see a sparkle in his eye
"a grand adventure potentially around the world all to find out what happened to a girl who fell victim to a disaster years ago!
With memorable cartoon like roadblocks along the way and a bitter sweer yet fulfilling ending when we finally find out what happened"

| >>569006
>Red sigh

>Impulse is now laughing at Frank's reaction

| >>569215
>franks current expression is pretty much this
(And yes, using this image was intentional)
https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRU0m8RKs0YLbM6ieeimTPnsqW0-LY-_iteYJFzVf87gz5KLfl4VQ

(Ba dum tiss)

| >>67b881
>at this point the a drone should have delivered a UV lamp by now
>thus Cassius slips into the backroom to set it up while the patrons are distracted

>how is he doing that while also talking with liz and playing violin for gem the intrepid questioner may ask
>the answer is holograms

| >>569352
>Shortly after CN arrived with a big bad of soil, though only one cause it looks... quite heavy. If the pollen still remains inside the place CN, will wait outside to avoid inhaling it.

| >>569356
>there is actually pollen outside
>so you walk inside, very much away from the pollen

>only to find yourself in the clocktower market plaza of a fairy tale castle town
>the heavenly song of a monochrome maiden echoes. Emanating from yhe fountain in the middle where she is singing
>you look down and see your clothes have also changed
>to what it depends on you

>on one hand trippy
>on the other hand its rather pleasant

| >>569359
"...What."
>CN looks around very confused, even more so when he discovers his trenchcoat is replaced to a bard like outfit, complete with a poffy blue dress shirt, the deck on his back looking like a medieval string instrument.

| >>569414
>the but boots up from your shoulder
>it looks less futuristic drone and more clockwork automaton
>it seems like nothing is safe from this illusion
"Yeahhh sorry about that, gems singing snd we need to entertain the patrons, you know how it goes.

Anyway follow the bug again, itll lead you to the back room"

| >>569523
"Uh... didnt know holograms could get this detailed, but alright then."
>He replies, making his way to the back.

| >>569534
>you follow it to a small store front
>when you step inside you are not in a medieval store, but the bars backroom
>where Cassius is Setting up a pair of UV lights for a most likely unconscious plant girl

>also your clothes are normal again

| >>569540
>Red cheers at this
"FUCKING FINALLY"
>Maybe a little too loud

>And Impulse still can't keep his laughters in

| >>569544
>you look down
>annnndddd yep
>still a knight and fugly his peasant archer companion

(Only CN left the VirField)

| >>569548