danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
DYNAMOFORCE: with drums

| >Opening the thread loads a trideo file titled 'drum-anoforce' with a thumbnail of someone sitting at a drumkit, body visible from the neck down. Behind the kit and its owner (?) is a monitor displaying the Dynamoforce titlecard, the subtitle beneath it the name of one of the latest episodes, 'VS. Steel Canine.'

>Play the file?

| >play

Whus dis?

| >>562205
>The clip lacks any sort of intro sequence, and instead jumps right into the "performance," so to speak: beginning with whoever's playing the drums futzing around with the camera before backing off towards the kit. They pull something out of their pocket that looks like a small remote, and click something on it, causing the monitor behind them to start playing whatever's cued up on it. You see the person shrug their shoulders a bit, loosening up before they get started.

| >>562326
>It's a drum cover of a certain part of the episode. This sort of shit was popular back when people just didn't want to let memes die, and would try to make them entertaining again by cutting them up or rehashing them. The person at the kit taps along in time as ‘Hackerman’ and ‘Lady Engine’ chatter away, working the cadence of their voices into an interesting sounding polyrhythm. They’re not amazing at what they’re doing, but they succeed in making it work.

| >>562327
>Sound effects are also worked into the drumline as well. The sound of ‘Jeong-Hui’s’ stumbling footsteps is mimicked by the novice musician bouncing one of their sticks off the rim of the snare, and all of ‘Kevin’s’ exclamations are echoed by hard hits off the hi-hat or one of the other cymbals. They seem to have a little trouble controlling volume when playing along with quieter parts of the scene.

| >>562328
>The mystery percussionist then starts trying to imitate the explosions happening on the screen at the scene’s finish. At this point, they’re very much into what they’re doing and have already brought one of their sticks down onto the drums a little too hard a few times; suddenly a stick breaks in half and the top end goes spinning backwards… piercing the middle of the monitor with a chilling ‘crack.’ You can hear them start to yell "oh FUCK," then the video ends.

| On one hand pffffff
On the other hand AHHHHHHH MY EARS! THEY BLEED! THEY BLEEEEEEEEEEEED
>IA

| >>562330
is that a comment on the musician, or the source material

| >>562330
... after watching this could be both, could definitely be both

| HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. HOW AM I LAUGHING WITH BOTH EARS BLEEDING I DON'T KNOW, BUT I AM DOING IT. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
-Impulse

| Anyone have the contact info of the drummer? He's actually pretty good.

| >>562646
... if this is who I think it is, I might be able to get you their info. I need to double check first, though.

-Roy

| >>562655
I know a guy trying to start an old school kinda band. He may be interested.

| >>562764
... My suspicions were confirmed, and they seem interested-- but they want to know more about this guy you know and his band first.

-Roy

| >>562646 >>562764
Alternatively, they'd be pleased to meet with you and maybe do an informal "audition" should the band leader want something like that.

-Roy

Total number of posts: 15, last modified on: Wed Jan 1 00:00:00 1558542577

This thread is permanently archived