danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Bonfire Festival..?

| Blue Lantern defies the darkness, as lanterns should!

> Taking advantage of the black out, several food stalls are lining the streets around the Blue Lantern bar. Each stall has a cook, waitress, and bartender wielding their craft. A variety of foods to try are present all an Asian festival delicacy.

> Unsurprisngly Kyogoku is being his usual loud self, and carrying around giant wooden flaming torches that he's fastening to the broken lights. Illuminating entire bar surrounding.

| If anyone fear the dark come avail yourselves in our flaming revelry! Join us! -Kyogoku

| Okay if we're gonna be this crazy...
>Shigeru's holophone shows a live trideo of him leaning back selfie-style to show a large group of people he's picked up on a Blue Lantern levibus.

"If you see us and want a safe ride to the festival, flag us down with your cell lights. We'll of course scan and check you for our own safety, but we won't leave you in the dark."
-Shigeru

| Listen, I get trying to find the silver lining in things, but having a 'bonfire festival' while buildings are >>>literally going up in flames around Downtown seems...>>>incredibly tasteless.

-SEGFAULT

| >>553176
Honestly everything is either on fire or worse every other week. At least here we can create a space that help can know to pick people up. Quit griping and throw me some lost people names so we'll know if anyone we've picked up is being searched for. -Shigeru

| >It doesn't take long for civilians to start populating the festival, some of whom record themselves and take photos as they arrive, even though they can't access the Matrix to upload it. The majority of the people arriving are (understandably) depressed, but several are also injured- unlucky civilians who were caught in the ongoing "accidents" and were not picked up in time by EMS services as medical personnel rushed off to find still-functioning hospitals.

>Others still are just hungry- no power means no way to cook food, after all. Don't even get me started on freezers and refridgerators.

| >You also notice almost immediately that several of the civilians are armed- their gait and the way they carry themselves, however, informs you that they're unlikely to be professionals, probably just citizens armed for their own protection. They eagerly join the rest of the crowd to line up for food.

| >Kyougoku and some of the other muscle bound chefs are running about quickly to ensure every bit of food stocks are put to work.
"It shall all perish anyway! Nothing stays! Feed every belly that needs filling!"

> Afew more BL levibuses fly out to pick up anyone they've been alerted to apparently be unable to come on their own. Shigeru's at the helm calling shots and still attempting to get a lost and found list going.

| >>553180
... You make a good point. Boosting morale is important. Sorry, chummer.

Geekboy's looking for some girls that apparently come in Neapolitan ice cream flavors or something. Might be good to keep an eye out for them.

-SEGFAULT

| >>553241
Gotcha! Thanks I'll spread the word around the staff. If they show up we'll make sure they're full and safe! -Shigeru

PS : Don't worry about it. Everyone thinks Kyougoku is nuts at first! Hahaha!

| Hey we really need medical support up here some of the people are badly injured. The lady is... making use of some of her expertise from old times to mend some folks up, but we need an EMT or something up here stat. -Haruhi

| >>553273
Uh... not sure how to put this, but... I have a woman here with me who has some gorgeous silver hair-- found her hollering at the entrance to NSF@GC about the Blue Lantern and needing some medical help... She with you guys?

-SEGFAULT

| >>553391
That is Ren. Is she still well? We have not heard from her for hours!
I was soon to come look for her! -Kyougoku

| >Like magic, the lights come on in the area... only for the sounds of gunfire and explosives to follow soon after, shaking the carts and the civilians.

>The blast isn't where any of *you* are, thankfully, but its close. You can see the smoke making its way through the sky.

| >>553406
I... uh, might have shaken her up a bit, but... She's safe.

... Can her levibike hold two? Heard you were looking for an EMT. I don't have my go bag but if she brings me back to you, I'll do what I can to help.

-SEGFAULT

| y'all people need a grav bike?? fuk I was jus at the hospital like 2x im about half hr away from there now but shits crazy

| > Kyougoku pauses in the middle of handling his messages and bellows out for the civilians to gather up the injured, women, and children and bring them into the bar for cover.

>The various levivans that had returned started lining up around the bar to act as cover for those fleeing toward it. Waitresses, waiters, and other staff quickly abandoned their booths for the safety of the bar, though everyone seemed to put the civilians before themselves. Quite a few seemed oddly used it

| >>553410
Please come! But be careful, gunfire and explosions are nearby! Maybe take the back-roads that lead near the edges of uptown?

>>553420
Come our way, Friend. We shall exchange your help for shelter and even without help if you want. We have plenty room in the bar!
-Kyougoku

| >>553425
aight aight just dropped off this bs package so im free 2 go

i fine on shelter, aint no fag gonna bomb some uptown suburb i hope but i comin to drive more peeps 2 hospital

| >>553429
They aren't letting anyone in... they're on lockdown right now. Someone... was shooting up the entrance and now...

Fuck. Fuck, oh my god.

Now... things are being shot up everywhere fucking else.

-SEGFAULT

| >>553442
oh fuk 2 of my buds in ther they cant fite 4 shit neither can i and no they cant shoot fuken uptown

well idk can't fuken do nuffin in this shithole

u want me 2 go get u to blue lantern? bud lent me his ol plasma ill melt some fuken terorist

| >>553453
I... don't know if it's best to stay in place, or to move.

My legs won't let me leave. Someone's in there, someone who I need to be okay.

I don't know what to do.

-SEGFAULT

| >>553464
shits prob lockd up titer than sume rich bitchs asshole lol i kno my little bud has to be safe in there so ur mates has 2 be safe 2 ok

lot a injerd in bl so idk imma bring ya back here becuz they lockd hospital doors i think u should do doc stuff and hospital doors lockd rite

heres hopin roads clear

((Gonna have to sleep, rip))

| >>553474
... Just... try not to get fridged on your way here.

I'll wait. Seems like that's all I can do lately.

-SEGFAULT

| Ren is headed your way with Crusader Falschen.

Just got picked up by the... turbo mailman who responded to my posts. Be there soon.

-SEGFAULT

| I will walk out to meet you. -Kyougoku

| >>553802
WATCH OUT FOR WHATEVER THAT SHIP IS HOLY FUCK

-SEGFAULT

| >>553804
fuken 2nded really ain't no fat cows in glitch since my mum bit it so y the fuk aliens in here

| >>553804 >>553828
I'm already inside. Is that what that noise was? -Ren

| > After a bit of time, the festivities continue again. The Levibuses are moved out of the way of the entrance and the booths are restocked with fresh food and drink. The Blue Lantern Bar continues hosting the bonfire and assisting anyone who needs it with renewed vigor.

> The shouts and barking of orders of Kyogoku continue, with him restoring the flaming lanterns and starting an actual huge bonfire safely in the center of the festival grounds.

Total number of posts: 30, last modified on: Fri Jan 1 00:00:00 1556112968

This thread is permanently archived