danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
ER wait times way, way the fuck up

| >A few low quality image files are attached to the post, showing a waiting room packed wall to wall with people like sardines-- most of them with clipboards in their hands. People in stretchers appear to be lining the hall leading up to the actual unit. Staff appear frantic as people crowd the check-in desk.

Unless you're in labor or mostly sure your dying, don't come here! We've got our hands full with the black out and our downtime system hasn't been updated in years.

-SEGFAULT

| Any staff who are off today need to get the fuck in here immediately. We need all the help we can get.

Hell, if you know how to do a bit of CPR or are cabaple of squeezing a thick rubber balloon over and over, feel free to show up, too. One of our generators will be getting close to shitting the bed in a few hours and at that point we'll need hands to manually breathe the people on the vents until we can move them to a unit with power.

-SEGFAULT

| >>552310
Um... you can't just turn people away and then invite strangers into a hospital to help...

Wait. It's hard for me to make it out but... Is that Neo SF Med's waiting room? Oh for christ's sake... Hey, whoever OP is, they're saying this of their own accord. If you think you need medical attention, you need medical attention and you shouldn't wait. Good Samaritans, stay home and take care of your families.

-Roy

| >Another few image files are added to the thread. They are in-motion shots of beds (containing patients, of course) being wheeled with a lot of difficulty out of a pitch-black corridor. Each bed is surrounded by about 5 staff members who all look absolutely fucking exhausted. There are multiple device monitors visible that glow eerily against the dark background.

If Jinterprise doesn't get their shit together, we're fucking hosed. Specifically the people in the beds.

-SEGFAULT

| Why does your hospital not have backup generators?
Isnt that like, standard procedure?
>IA

| >>552494
If you look at my first two posts... we >>>do, chummer! If we didn't, we'd be wheeling our ICU patients to a funeral home right about now, not to another unit that still has electricity.

Backups fail sometimes.

-SEGFAULT

| >>552568
Yikes...shit i guess all you guys can do at the moment is hold out till the power returns.

I wish i could help but i cant.

Life of a doc aint easy eh?
>IA

| >>552572
Pretty much... this'll drain power faster from the generator supporting the part of the building we put them in, though. We're just biding our time.

I just want it to be done. They're scared.

I'm no doctor, but I can tell you that shit like this isn't supposed to be a part of "life as a doc."

-SEGFAULT

| >>552583
Kinda is actually.
Depending on the time, you have to work bullshit shifts like that almost all the time, working up to 70 hours without sleem and minimum breaks and getting fired or having someone die on you of you give in and sleep on the job.

The suicide rate for male docs is 70% and for women its 250% higher.

At least thats what i hear
>IA

| >>552593
... Don't you have a barbecue to host, omae??

For the record... I didn't mean extreme work stress isn't expected to be or isn't known be a part of medicine. I meant... shit >>>specifically like this. We get it. I get it. Wouldn't be taking about it if I didn't get it. You can take your numbers and go show them to the hopefuls trying to pass their MCATs.

Enjoy your steak.

-SEGFAULT

| OP... please stop mouthing off at IA. What they're saying isn't untrue. It's a little different, but it's not wrong. You don't necessarily know where they're coming from either.

>>552593
Stay safe out there. I appreciate the sentiment you offered earlier about wanting to help. We're hoping to get someone out here to restore the out of commission generator...

-Roy

| >>552629
Ah yeah i see that.

Anyway, feel free fo drop by said barbecue when things cool down a bit.

Ill set off some food yeah?
>IA

Total number of posts: 12, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1555763944

This thread is permanently archived