danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
I found her, but...

| Hi everyone,
I'm the guy who posted here about a lost roommate a little while ago-- thanks to the aid of a few people here, I was able to locate her. She's safe, and I'm grateful.

... I wish I could say that's where the story ends. Aikawa is currently inpatient at NSFMC, and is more than ready for discharge. The attending on her case, however, won't let her leave and return to work after hearing some of the claims she's made about what happened to her at the bar.

| ... She told me repeatedly that I had commed her right before everything went south, and told her someone broke in to our apartment.

There was no break in, and I never spoke to her. She did not like hearing me tell her this.

The staff on the case need information from other sources to determine whether she had an aug malfunction, had someone intentionally mess with her augs, or is... just a nut job.

| I had the fortune of meeting with a few people at the bar in question, and one of them confirmed that Ei >>>did mention something about a break in that night. She gave me the names of two people who were talking to her most frequently at that time.

One is Oenone, who I think commented on my first post. The second was named... Fallon? I think?

I need some help getting in touch with these folks. I just want this to be over.

-Roy

| >>548199
You mean Falschen?
-Impulse

| >>548225
... Yes, that was probably the actual name Emily gave me... Damn it, I was really trying to be better about getting details right this time around :(

-Roy

| Getting in touch with Fal fal eh...

Wish i could say i knew their number, sorry.

but i remember they sometimes post here, so hopefully they'll visit~

| >>548393
"Fal fal?"? Should I assume they like to be called that...?

I'm sure they wouldn't appreciate having their number posted on a board that all can see, but I appreciate the sentiment.

-Roy

| An update: I talked to hospital administration about this because part of it didn't seem 100% legal... They can't technically keep her inpatient because Ei doesn't pose a real threat to herself or anyone else.

She's thinking of leaving AMA, which I support for the most part. The risks here are that this might affect her job, and... if she's out, I can't be in the apartment. She won't let me. She doesn't even want me visiting her hospital room right now.

| >>548674
I didn't believe Ei when she told me all the stuff about the comm and the break in. I thought she had drank too much, and between that and the OD I was mad she had been so reckless and I didn't want to listen.

That obviously pissed her off, as it should have.

Part of me looking for a couple more accounts of this event is because I want to reconcile with her. It may seem like I might just want to clear my conscience but... it's really all just for her sake.

-Roy

| >>548675
What me to try accessing the cameras in the bar? -CN

| >>548712
Do those cameras record audio? If so, then that might be really valuable, actually. I hadn't thought to request something like that...

-Roy

| >>548712
... Help from strangers usually doesn't come without a cost, though. Is there something you want for this...?

-Roy

| >>548714
Depends on high tech their system is. Theres also the possibility that the audio may get drowned depending on how many people were there at the time. It's hard to say.
>>548737
For hacking into a bar's security system? Nah, nothing, this kind of thing takes like 5 minutes. Unless the bar ends up being some secret tech den or something. Just give me the name of the place so I can find its address. -CN

| >>548749
It's worth a shot-- it's a good idea in theory, I'm sure it should be pretty good in practice, too.

The bar is called the Midnight Drifter. It didn't seem too shifty when I was there, but I'm told I'm... not incredibly observant.

Anyway, thank you. You even offering to do this means a lot.

-Roy

| >>548758
Oh I know the place. That should make it even easier then. And what time specifically did this happen? -CN

| A few weeks back; I think Ei said she was there somewhere in the window between 7PM-9PM. If you see a kind of wiry woman with messy brown hair and augs on her temples when you're reviewing the footage, you've found her.

If there's any other info I can provide, let me know and I'll do my best.

-Roy

| >>548774
Alright, I'll pop on over to the bar whenever I get the chance and see what I can find out. -CN

| >>548790
Thanks. I'll definitely be around-- lord knows I'm not going anywhere since I broke my foot at the bar :/ I guess I can spend some time getting to know the ins and outs of this text board.

-Roy

| >>548912
Good luck, it's not that hard to learn the nuances of the board, just be careful on what links you click. -CN

| Another update: She signed out AMA today.

There was some intense negotiation between Ei and administration/her supervisor that took place beforehand-- she's on mandatory sick leave for a week prior to returning to work. They wanted two, but she was worried she'd get replaced by some temp and she knows they can't afford to drop her, so she was able to strongarm them into doing just one.

This... unfortunately leaves me living in the on-call room until further notice. :/

-Roy

| >>549168
Damn, where does she even work? -CN

| >>549170
She's a paramedic with Neo San-Fran Medical. She actually spends more time helping out in the ED than in an ambulance because of some extra skills she has that were required for her to get her license back home. I guess the best way to describe her would be a high-level tech with wheels?

We work in the same department. I operate on a lot of her patients. I am therefore very much a part of the "they" who find her essentially indispensable.

-Roy

| >>549178
Hmm... sounds like a pretty tricky situation then. -CN

| >>549199
That's probably a very nice way of putting it.

-Roy

| >>549201
Sorry, though the more I look into this my curiosity just get piqued more. -CN

| >>549205
No need to apologize. Ei's a kind of private person, but I'm not so tight-lipped. I appreciate being able to get some of this off my chest.

... though, I wish she'd divulge more sometimes. She's never mentioned a single thing about someone having it out for her. I was completely blindsided by one of the bar patrons mentioning she had been running from someone when she visited that night.

-Roy

| >>549212
Mmm... you dont think theres the possibility shes gotten herself involved in something dangerous? -CN

| >>549225
It's possible, but in a different way than you're thinking: based on what my intuition tells me(and on some things Ei has accidentally let slip in the past), she was once in a dangerous situation; managed to extricate herself from it somehow, and is now having it start to catch up with her.

The whole thing makes me uneasy. I'm not sure it's good for her to be alone in the apartment. I don't know if I should be worried about my safety, either.

-Roy

| >>549354
I'd ask for more details, but that might be dangerous to share online. Though if you have suspicions maybe I can look into that as well? -CN

| >>549362
Agreed. I can't contribute much more anyway-- she's never mentioned what party(parties?) were involved, and when exactly it all started. All I can really remember was that when she first said something about it, it wasn't when we were in GC... it was when we were back home in Newport City. So, it may have been an issue while we were still there. I'm not sure.

-Roy

| >>549367
Well if it followed her all the way to GC that would be one big of a problem. Then again in this city, it feels like big problems like to gather. -CN

| >>549370
... Yeah. Both you and I know that's probably the truth, I just... I don't want to believe it, I guess. I'm sure I'll find out for sure at some point.

-Roy

| Just because I'm on mandatory leave doesn't mean I don't have net access, Walker.

Hope the on-call couch is comfortable, jackass.

| >>549386
Let's just hope its before something irreversible happens.
>>549396
Ah are you the roommate in question? -CN

| >>549396
Ei, I'm just trying to help. I get no pleasure or satisfaction from airing your dirty laundry, and I'm not doing it for that reason. Look at the first thread I made if you want; I tried to be as discreet as possible with what info I gave out, for as long as I could. It wasn't enough.

If you want to talk trash, please don't do it here. Just comm or text me.

I prefer >>>your couch to the on-call>>>cot. The couch got removed from the on-call room months ago.

-Roy

| >>549411
Yeah. And you are...?

| >>549413
CN, I'm a decker who frequents the board. I just want to help stop whatever is going on, I dont think your account of things is all that out there to be honest. I'm not a fan of using my reputation, but im sure you're apprehensive about asking a stranger for help. If you look around online I'm sure you find that I've helped others in the past. -CN

| >>549449
Why does it matter to you? I can tell you're not all talk, but what's got you so invested? Is it really just your idle curiosity?

Why does some faceless decker I've never met believe what I'm saying, but someone I've known for years doesn't hesitate in telling the net he thinks I might be a "nut job"?

>>549412
Enjoy the fucking cot, then! I didn't post here to play semantics, Roy!!

| >>549519
A little bit of idle curiosity, a mix of being one of the few crazy people in this city who isn't a selfish drekhead and wants to help remove problems instead of contributing to them. And trust me, for as long as I've been doing this, I've heard way crazier tales that have been grounded in reality. I have no reason to write off your story just like that. That good enough for you? -CN

| >>549523
... If it is, what can you do that could help? None of this is easy to prove or fix. I'm starting to doubt even >>>my suspicions at this point.

| >>549519
If you didn't, then why did you post?

-Roy

| >>549528
Well to start I can the bars security recording if they have any to support your claims. After that I can help track done who's bothering you and maybe eventually get your life back to normalcy. Or at least, what normalcy is in GC. -CN

| >>549530
... I'd accept even controlled chaos at this point. You give me something close to that, and I'll accept whatever your help entails.

>>549529
Because you've never posted here in your life, and now you're becoming some sort of social butterfly? How do I even know this is actually you and not another prank call?!

| >>549532
Okay, can I come meet you then to discuss things further? I can also try to get the recording on the way from the bar. I'm sure theres some things you cant just say in public. -CN

| >>549535
And there are some things I can't just say anywhere. Nothing's truly private anymore.

Pick a spot, I'll find my way over.

Roy, if that's really you posting... as long as CN doesn't have an issue with it, I won't object to you showing your face. I'd rather you hear some of this shit from me than from a third party. Plus, safety in numbers, or something.

| >>549537
Was that really so hard to say?

I take it that doesn't necessarily change where I'm going to be sleeping for the next indeterminate period of time, though. Am I correct?

-Roy

| >>549540
You are.

| >>549537
The Lock and Barrel. They have private rooms in the back, just head on into the one on the way on the left when you get there. -CN

Total number of posts: 48, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1554852034

This thread is permanently archived