danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
So why are Vigilentes considered good anyway?

| I mean they're literally just criminals beating other criminals over who's sense of justice is prettier than the other's or how crime is bad and all that, but really are they even helping anyone past saving a random schmuck once and then leaving him/her to their shitty lives again.

The only way to do good is to live within the system and rise high enough to be able to see and do something about the big picture of it all.

| >>3de432 >>IMAP/[email protected]

| I both agree and disagree, however in the state this city is in they're a necessary evil. I'm trying to change they.
-Fennick

| Yeah but like....

I dunno, they're cool and shit that's good enough for me

| I'd say the best things you can do are hiding out of reach of both the rebels and the content because they each hold a part of the puzzle, and inside them the same ideal.

| Use common sense? Idk

|

|

| Cops are just vigilantes that are legally hired to practice vigilantism

| >>541544
^

| When the large majority of an actual law enforcement or the governing body is corrupt, you can see the trend of vigilantism time and time again. Though their ideas may be contradictory or may not appeal to everyone, the fact that someone takes up the presumed mantle of self-sacrifice voluntarily for no reward, makes it easier to believe that the vigilantes have less malicious ulterior motives in their actions. -CN

| Of Course that also means that people are willing to flat out ignore the drawbacks of vigilantism.

Suppose they will be less necessary when the city inevitably fixes itself, whenever that may come
>IA

| >>541648
Thats assuming an awful lot:
No one ever works for no motives
-KY

| >>541703
Dont hold your breathe.
>>541814
I never said no motive, I said no reward. With vigilantes they still have motives, but it's easier to take whatever motives they share at face value, compared to the motive of a corrupt law enforcement who has conditioned the populace to see them as corrupt. People in a sense, are inherently trusting of others to an extent, even if they're strangers, or in this case, vigilantes. -CN

Total number of posts: 14, last modified on: Sat Jan 1 00:00:00 1553400687

This thread is permanently archived