danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
Not who he says he is.

| Recently, I've found out that John is alive. I've given up hope on him. I thought he died. for almost 2 years, I've missed him, yet under my nose, all this time, he's been posting here?

But you see, 2 years has given me a lot of experience, dealing with what he left at my feet. And with that experience, came information.

He's not the nice guy he makes out to be. He's the bad guy. He's what makes wars. I'll be posting a bounty in the Jobs, and here for questions.

-Cain

| Ummm yeah what the what?

Can i get some context?
>IA

| He's the one who caused half the civil wars in africa, and supplied both sides with weapons, making himself rich.

He's the one who called the hits on Politicians in Hong Kong, Causing the Riots.

All this time, he's been making money off of the wars, and when that wasn't enough, he made more wars.

And you know all the stories of his war buddies dying? My Source says it's not as he says.
1/2

| John killed his teammates when things didn't go his way. He sold them out to escape, betrayed them, or just killed them, because they where in his way.

-Cain
2/2

| This does not align. -Uni

| Reminds me of a certain senator...

-Enigmatic Adder

| >>533980
...Where did you get all this info? -CN

| >>533979 >>533980
(hmmm i guess ill just give you the info thanks to what i think is cains backstory)
Well thats...a bit...sketch

Like not really believable.
Un unbelievable either but not believable
>IA
>[hmmm that handle...you swear you heard of it from legends in neo fresco...things about an assassin...screams in the depths of the night...a horrible ringing and a terrible fog..strange]
(Lol edgy)

| >>533983
I didn't want to believe it myself, but I can't stand what he was, and what he is.
-Cain

| >>533989
(If I recall right, I wrote Cain as a hackerwamen, who was John's apprentice, and on John's disappearance, became the owner of his business as a gunrunner.)
I hate it aswell. I wish it wasn't like this, but what I'm told is true, then it's what need to be done.
-Cain

| I will not let him ruin the overall picture of the weaponsmiths. We make weapons for protection and justice,not warfare.
-Impulse

| >>533990
I understand. Regardless, there is some disconnect made here. I don't want to know what is; I'll scatter to find him. -Uni

| >>533983
Think about it, why do you think he teamed up with you for the hotel? He had to hide his identity while he took out the last of the people following him, while remaining out of sight.

>>533988
I... I can't tell you, they asked to remain anonymous.

>>533996
As gunsmiths, yes we have to stop him from ruining our reputation!

-Cain

| >>534000
These are some pretty outrageous claims, I need to verify them myself. -CN

| >>533994
(Yep that. Also cuz i roll a 100 per every new Character he talks to to see if they recognize something about him.)

Cant just believe some random claims no?

Can you at least guarentee its trustworthiness
>IA

| >>533996

>Protection and Justice

You keep telling yourself that, chummer.

-Enigmatic Adder

| >>534000
Oh, you asked? I'm surprised your memory dates that. He carried me because he needed my service, I was carried because I wanted a story to write. As simple as that.

I don't always favour falsified claims, Cain — especially if it's about someone I know. Let me say that here and now. -Uni

| >A file is posted. It's a 50 page file on a "Daniel Morrison Stoner". While to most people who seen his face now can't tell, but the file contains a picture of John, before he disappeared. In the file itself, lage areas are redacted, but what you can see horrifies you. War mongering, Weapons sales figures like you never seen. Several more pictures are included of what where his teammates, all dead. Several warrants to his real name, and several references to "Paul", and "FRT".

| ^
>>534008 >>534003 >>534001
It's only parts that I have, but what I have on him scares me.

-Cain

| >>534009
>CN checks it for any form of file tampering

| >>534013
>There are several redactions added on top of the existing ones, but no actual text is changed.

| >>534015
>CN attempts to remove these to reveal their text.

| >>534016
>He's met with kernel panic on the device he tries to remove the redactions.

| >>534010
Cain you're not being honest yourself. Theres addition redactions on this file then what were there originally. Are you going enlighten us? -CN

| >>534009
Were you completely sure of what you had brought here? You may have taken the wrong turn having this here, Cain. -Uni

| >>534018
I don't know what you are talking about, I just gave you the file they gave me. Look, no matter what else those redactions hide, they can't be good!
-Cain

| >>534021
Most likely. But let's all take a step back here. If they were sharing a file with you, sharing John's horrible history, why go to the trouble of redacting more stuff? I think this info is more vital than meets the eye. Besides, if John is as manipulative as you said he is, who's to say this isn't part of his equation as well? -CN

| These people I trust, as they helped me expand over the city, and out of it! They told me it was a bonus for the good work several months ago, I had no reason to doubt them, so I took it at face value. Either way, I've had enough of his games, so the bounty stays. I need to meet him eye to eye. Dead or alive.

-Cain

| >>534028
"These"? So its multiple people in fact, maybe even an organization. Sorry Cain, but it seems you *are* being manipulated as well. -CN

| No, I can't be wrong! It must be him! I've been working with these people since John died! They kept telling me that they only appear after such events happen. If you are right then the "Contingency" has been piruAWG5OE65JQT34 BV60,IUEJK5 T[BAEVc3d

[User disconnected - Forced Port Close]

| >>534031
As predicted. What are your words on this, CN? -Uni

| Pardon the interruption, but does this mean the client won't be able to pay up?

-Wisecracker

| There it is
Sooo

Corp
Shadow organization
Or something else entirely.

What do you think wonder geek?
>IA

| >>534033

I will be mildly upset if that is the case.

-Enigmatic Adder

| >>534028

Good decision.

-Enigmatic Adder

| [User Connected - Cain]

As I was saying, There's no way the Contingency is wrong! They've been made just for this!

>>534033 >>534035
The Job is still on!

-Cain

| >>534037
You say lots of meaningless words, Cain. I can't believe you would rely on others to attack him. I'm not picking sides but this issue is between two of someone I know. Sadly, one happens to take stances too quickly. -xnbc

| W-wait. What happened to my automated tag—

Anyway, don't let you imagination run wild. It's dangerous. -Uni

| Mmm... as it stands this all seems too suspicious. While I cant exactly deny the evidence for John's actions, I also don't like the idea of assisting the goals of a shadow organization who may only have even more nefarious goals.
>>534037
What is the this Contigency? -CN

| >>534040
You think I can take on John? The only way to defeat him is to keep on him till he makes a mistake. They've told me that.

>>534041
None of this is my imagination, you can see it before your eyes, the file, the images.

>>534042
The Contingency, as far as I know, is a group of the major 4 gunrunners. But that's all I know. As for their goals, they tell me they want to prevent anything like what John did from happening again.

-Cain

| >>534045
Cain, you need to take a fucking breather. You're too personally connected to this. I'm not denying what your posting is wrong, but I think you meeting with John is a bad idea. -CN

| >>534045
Thats kinda sketch

Gunrunners.>people who profit from conflict

Want to stop conflict?

See the paradox here?
>IA

| >>534045
Oh no, I don't assume you can do that. What I said is that you simply shouldn't. Being a puppet has its limits — same with making personal mistakes.

I can see the files, but they are lies. -Uni

| >>534046 >>534047
No, I'm too close to give up now. I can't give up now that I am so close.

-Cain

| >>534049
And risk ending up face down in a ditch or six feet under?

Mate, fookin breath eat something warm
Then look at this from an unbiased perspective before you do something you will regret.

There are quite a few holes that we have *literally* just now explored

Your mother gave you a brain
Use it
>IA

| >>534055
M-maybe you are right.

B-but...

No...

I think I need a drink. And some answers.

-Cain

| >>534065
Be careful. Things may seem bad but you'll be fine if you think calmly and unbiased. -CN

| I mean, I understand where you are coming from, but I also trust the contengincy. I... I just need to figure it out, and I can't do it alone.
-Cain

| >>534070
Well what do you think weve been trying to do with you for the past 20ish posts? -CN

| I.. I don't know.
-Cain

| >>534071
31 actually
>>534070
People seem to be willing to help.

Perhaps it would be wise to accept?
>IA

| Ill be the judge of this with my own two eyes, I couldnt kill a benefactor so willy nilly even if it is for justice.
-FALSCHEN

| >>534074
Then take a fucking breather and figure it out with us. You want to talk with John? Fine. But dont blindly follow some mysterious benefactor who could potentially make things worse in the world. Hell, even off world for all we know. -CN

| >>534077
Amen
-FALSCHEN

| >several hours pass with no response.

| —Right, that sudden disappearance is not at all a normal happening. Where did she went off to? -Uni

| Well, I have to meet with John anyway for other reasons, so I might as well ask him a few questions when I get around to it...

So to all you edgerunners and small times, keep off or I'll cut you down to size, this is personal
-FALSCHEN

| >>534086
Fuck off derker, nobody calls dibs on a job like this!
-Badren44

| >>534085
Either alcohol or kidnapping
>>534086
Mind keeping us updated at least?
>IA

| HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
—KiY

| And so the runners blinded with money are off to fail... -CN

| >>534128
100 zen says that they will last the span of a weekend until they either fail or wisen up
>IA

Total number of posts: 62, last modified on: Mon Jan 1 00:00:00 1551477179

This thread is permanently archived