danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
I didn't disappear!

| There seems to be a strange reports of my 'disappearance'. I don't know how the news spread, but that is false. I'm here! I'm well and I'm fine!

I'm currently in my apartment. Actually, I have been in my apartment for the past few days!

Here is a proof in case everyone is doubting me. The, uhm, the new dress is cute, isn't it? -xnbc

> A photo is attached.
> The photo doesn't contain anything, only few blips of pixels. The rest is pitch black darkness.

| >>aff3ae

Mind if i pay you a visit?
–NaVi

| >>530337
Maybe not in my apartment. I don't want a certain someone to know for sure about my address (though it's a moot point now). How about we meet up at public places instead? -xnbc

| XNBC?! Holy shit. Where have you been? The club members literally fucking disappeared to search for you. -Gespent

| >>530340
>>530337
If that's what suits you best - i don't mind. I hang in quite a secluded location and take precaution measures to not be tracked down myself, so i've got a degree of understanding in this.
So, where you'd want to meet?
–NaVi

| >>530342
I've said this before and I'll say this again: I've been in my apartment!

The club chat is active. Did you not read today's message? I gave a greeting as usual!

It's good to see you here, Gespent! I thought danger/u/ isn't your cup of tea. -xnbc

> A photo is attached.
> It shows a certain group chat, but there is no message to speak of.

| >>530343
Maybe a bar, hmm. Let me think of a place to meet. I don't have a huge list, so this shouldn't take long! -xnbc

| I don't believe one bit of this. None at all. Nada. If you're meeting somewhere, it better be where I can see you alive. I'll open my place early. I want you there. -Gespent

| >>530347
Rude! I'll meet you up there with NaVi then. We may arrive at different time, so please treat them well. -xnbc

| >>530348
'They'? NaVi? Eh. Sure why not. I just want to see you but whatever.

> An address shows. It points to a cafe, "Caramel Anne" just right across the blocks of stores in Uptown.

| Oi, you two better start coming. I may regret opening this early. Business don't start until those alcoholics left the bar. -Gespent

| >>530366
On my way! I just realised the one making noise isn't my roommate. Weird! My neighbours must have gotten a new pet. -xnbc

| Strange! I don't seem to pass by anyone. Is everyone just having a bad day today? I didn't even spot a single traffic. Not that I mind, empty roads mean free strides! -xnbc

| >>530399

...oooookayyyyyyy... -Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

| >>530400
I didn't lie! Here, the traffic is definitely empty for today.

> A photo is attached.
> What shows is the same darkness, with nothing to look at except a few strange dots, showing either corrupted image or broken camera.

| Gah, I forgot to tag. -xnbc

| >>530401

There's nothin' there. -Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

>Attached to the post is a screenshot of the image above.

| I've got a bad feeling about this. XNBC, could you try to locate yourself somehow? Maybe, like, a satellite connection? Do you have a smartphone with you?
–NaVi

| >>530406
I'm using my phone, yes. -xnbc

> A cached geolocation report is attached close to the post. It shows where she is in Glitch City, seemingly on the way to Uptown. Nothing strange.

| >>530405

Uh? It's an image of the empty road! Do you happen to have a broken display? -xnbc

> A similar screenshot is attached. The same black emptiness shows again where the supposed 'image' should be.

| I see... come soon, please. I am already at the place and your friend's trying to persuade me to hang out with her and have karmotrine drinks. I mean... she seems to be nice, but no way i'm falling for that.
She had to offer milk instead.
–NaVi

| >>530410
Sounds like Gespent to me! Don't worry, tell her I'll be there soon. I'm having a very nice stroll with these empty roads. It seems to be a once in a lifetime experience to see this! -xnbc

| Don't you think that empth roads in Glitch City is a bit off the usual?...
–NaVi

| >>530414
That's why I said it's a once in a lifetime experience! Are they having an event here? -xnbc

| Not anything i'd recall right away or knew for sure about.
-NaVi

| X? This little gal was worried sick.

>Below is a phone picture of the Calico kitten "Freddie Mercury" she was meowing at the camera.

Your camera's weird also I'm stuck in traffic.
-Dice

| >>530419
Dice! I thought you were at the apartment? I really must have misheard the noise then. The neighbours, they are.

I'll definitely meet the fluffball soon! Definitely! -xnbc

| >>530421
The cafe's open. What are you waiting for? It's an early shift but I already have two customers. Convince me that this is worth it. 'Sides, it's not like the walk from here to there takes a long hour. -Gespent

| >>530430
I'm on it! I just passed Miki's place. I wanted to say hello, but there doesn't seem to be anyone there! -xnbc

| Sounds like somethin' Man In The Mirror would do, but she doesn't even know this place exists, so can't be her. -Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

| >>530433
Man In The Mirror? That's a very prestigious title for someone who makes citywide silence. -xnbc

| >>530434

It's a long story, and I'm too busy herdin' Sticky Fingers and her crew to tell it. -Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap

| Gah, Gespent! The store is closed! Did you make up your story again? I can't even see anyone inside! -xnbc

| >>530518 XNBC, what day is it right now? -Neon

| >>530875
Is this a trick question? It's Friday! -xnbc

| >>530897
It's not Friday tho.
-NaVi

| >>530897 Right, then. XNBC, I want you to recalibrate your senseors after a reboot. Set it up so they'll be nonsense on purpose and notate what you've done in backup storage. When you're online again connect to the internet and sync your on board clock to whatever the matrix says, even if it's a couple of days in the future. After that, disconnect from the matrix immediately and connect manually.

See if you can follow those instructions before you ask anything. -Neon

| >>530936 >>530897 Oh and connect on a phone. Use the data. Do not connect on a computer under any circumstance.

| Ah geeze I hope she's not already loaded...-Neon

| I followed the instructions. Hopefully I did everything right. My internal clock is now showing me, uhm… it's Wednesday? I think that's correct? Strange, I could have sworn we had a new year a while back. -xnbc

| What does your phone say?-Neon

| >>530946
Thursday. Two years away from my internal clock. -xnbc

| >>530953 What's the MAC on your phone? Private message it and the phone number. -Neon

| >>531118
MAC address? I'll pass it down once I take my route home. Something feels strange just now — I rather not be around empty places.

> A private message was sent to Neon. It consists of scrambled data; and attempt to decode reveals its nature as a garbled garbage.

| >>7349a7 >>9c59a2
I can go pick her up and bring her home.
But what's going on?
-Dice

| >>531150
I'm not too sure. My head hurts the more I'm reading into this. -xnbc

| I've got a rather wild theory, but it is likely to be correct - with all the inconsistency in mind.
And since it's correct - you won't be able to reach her physically or pick her up.
I can elaborate if you want me to.
I am currently in Caramel Anne cafe in the Uptown.
–NaVi

| >>8837f9
I'll meet you there.

>>f3da54
You'll be fine, we'll get you out of there. Then you could meet Freddie and name the other cats.

-Dice

| >>531232
I'll put my trust in you. In the meantime, I'll try to — maybe — think about what happened. Everything is barren here. I tried going to the cafe but the doors won't budge, as if they were shut by a steel beam.

Not a single building opens. The only one that do is our apartment. I want an out. -xnbc

| >>f3da54
I recall you saying you've got a phone with you. Does it look exactly like one you've got in real life?
–NaVi

| >>531250
I'm not so sure anymore. -xnbc

| >>531253
Please, try to remember, but do not push yourself too much. It might one of our hints to finding you.
–NaVi

| >>531255
What does my phone even look like? It's a phone. A slab. I guess it's the same? I fear what I say isn't true anymore. -xnbc

| >>531260
I see... don't worry, i've got another way to get what i need.
We'll pull you out soon. Promise.
–NaVi

| >>531267
Please. I feel like my frame is not responding to me anymore. I'm currently sitting in front of the cafe again. Just near the door, my right hand is sending invalid responses whenever I try to move it. -xnbc

| >>77d81b
Be brave, we'll get you out.
Ps:Freddie says hi.
-Dice

| I, uh; I just slept for some reason.

I feel slightly better. But that is not the news I wanted to give.

I saw someone. I'm positive! I'll try catching up to them. I think I recognise the figure too. Maybe they can help. -xnbc

| >>531356 Wait don't. Stay where you are. Don't do anything abnormal. -Neon

| NaVi I think we may be on the same page. We'll share notes in a bit. -Neon

| >>531408
I tried to folllow the figure, but somehow I'm sent back to the blocks of my apartment. I didn't know the city is able to loop like that.

I'll stay in my apartment for now. I don't want to further complicate everything. Is sending a picture any help now? -xnbc

| Huh. This whole thing is rather intriguing. I doubt there's anything I can do to help, but I'm curious to see the conclusion of this.
-GG

| >>531423
I don't think so, since all the pictures you're sending are jammed in some way. It'd be more helpful if you'd stay calm and wait until we make it to you.
Soon, i will meet you in person.
>>531409
What notes exactly you're talking about?
-NaVi

| >>531136 >>531270
> Run Laelaps System v03740
> 10 step Authorization Check Starting.
> 10/10 Steps Successful.

> User Input :
Run Anti-Spoof Redirection Pattern.

>Neon ignored the fact that the information sent was garbage. Instead he focused on where the information was coming from. Since he'd had her connect to the matrix on a phone and it successfully communicated to him, he figured he'd be able to track down the route the data originated from.

| XNBC, I believe I know why the city looped. Actually that may have confirmed everything.

Do me a favor. I want you to swap your system locale, run a system diagnostic in Japanese and then run one in English. When you get the results translate them by the machine language designations for each character.

Tell me if both tests give the same results. After that I want you to send a call to your spinal port, just like you do when you're doing maintenance. -Neon

| All I want you to do is tell me if you can confirm that it's there. You can change your locale and re-calibrate all of your sensors to the correct parameters after that. -Neon

| >>531441

>Neon sends an encrypted private message.

>I think that when you guys pick her up, you're going to need to figure out where her frame is. That's what I think. -Neon

| >>531456
I have some problems. First of all, the maintenance I'm able to do is limited to restarting. Soft and hard restart. None of the other actions are doing anything.

Second, the manual diagnostic switch isn't in my frame anymore.

Third is minor… I think? I have only one locale. -xnbc

| >>531455
> The data seems to be transmitted from XNBC's apartment. However, a keen eye can deduce it is not coming from a mobile data, due to its static address.

| >>531465 Anymore? As in you can't find it or you've recently had an event that caused it to be removed? -Neon

| >>531473
It simply isn't there! I had it once, I tried reaching for it. There is an empty nothing in its place now. I can't be wrong, can I? -xnbc

| >>531477 That settles it then. I know that you already have people looking for you. So I'll do what I can to help them. -Neon

| >>531554
I wish them the best. I'll play my part and assist them as well, whatever may be I can do. -xnbc

| I fell asleep for what felt to be a whole week. My internal clock is going awry, I'm relying on the sun, but I can't power on too long to see it set or rise.

Ah, the apartment has never felt so empty. I wish I could stream the music here, right now. -xnbc

Total number of posts: 73, last modified on: Tue Jan 1 00:00:00 1550756199

This thread is permanently archived