danger/u/
This thread is permanently archived
[Setting]Greene Park, Uptown

| >It's barely the crack of dawn- despite the frigid temperatures, a subdued hustle greets the people of a sleepy Uptown Glitch City suburb as volunteers arrange collapsible tables and heating towers. A pickup truck rolls into view with a large sunny logo printed in vinyl on its side, and, after depositing a podium and parts for a modular stage, drives off as quickly as it arrived.

>Barely half an hour later, portable griddles are also arranged, with the sight and smell of sizzling pancakes, frying bacon, and scrambled eggs. The TOWN HALL begins to fill as visitors, drawn by the prospect of free food and warmth from the cold, form rough queues.

>The park is dotted with men and women, and many children, dressed in rags and other garbage. They watch the convention warily, eyes darting and settling especially on those with obvious augments. In return, no one from the convention approaches them, either.

>There are a few lilims here, although their thick winter clothing obscures the majority of their artificial features. They stick in a corner to themselves, but the volunteers make no move to either offer them food or deny it.

>The stage and podium are still empty as the crowd chatters among themselves.

| >Impulse enters the scene,he is in his "battle uniform" with his Zsh-1-2M helmet,black one hole balaclava,Tactec plate carrier,6B13 armor,black trousers,black combate boots. He has his VSS slinged on his back and a duffle bag hanging by his side
"Free scrambled eggs and fried bacons! Perfect refreshments after a long day of gathering materials..."
>Impulse say to himself,making his way to the nearest griddle

| >A little girl in an oversized hoodie wanders around the group, carefully observing the crowd

| >two people walk up to the scene curious as to whats happening
>a boy wearing a blue coat and strange headset

>and a girl with black and white hair
>...she is wearing one of those ahegao hoodies but with matching skirt and thigh highs

"I swear ill never get used to you wearing that...">the boy says

| >A young man in a blue trenchcoat enters, staying towards the edges of the crowds, as he examine the groups and eavesdrops on any conversations of note.

| >>528169

>Those townspeople who aren't stuffing themselves eagerly with breakfast are making small talk with each other, but you do notice that no one is forming large groups- most people stick to themselves or to couples, although there are a few cliques here and there.

>>528174

>One of the volunteers manning the griddles waves you over!

"Hey there! Welcome! Please, help yourself!

>They offer a triple stacked waffle, covered in maple syrup and melted butter.

>>528181

>It's mostly muttering from where you're standing, but no one gives you any second glances as you walk amongst them. A couple with obvious augmentations, one with a prosthetic leg and the other with an exposed dataport, share a single mug of hot cocoa while talking slightly loud enough to hear.

"...this is a waste of time. Who cares about the lilims? It's those bloody aliens that are the problem-"

"Honey, please... look at them. They're afraid. They're freezing-"

"Yeah, I'd be freezing my balls off too if all I did was sit out on my ass in the middle of a public park all day."

"That's not what I meant-"

| >A women dressed in a long detective coat enters the park
>She's wearing gloves and a full face Biohazard Mask
>She looks around and checks her watch

| >The pickup truck returns, this time bearing large speakers, a mic, and a sound system. Three burly men cart the devices with a trolley and walk past the crowd before depositing the items on the stage.

>Nearby, someone pops open a cooler and begins distributing cans of beer to nearby attendees. One approaches the woman with a wry smile. >>528186

"A bit overkill there, eh lady?"

| >>528184
"Kyaaaahhh! Waffles! Thank you!"
>the girl eagerly takes a bite

"Uh er um thanks but what is this all about?">the boy asks

| >>528184
"I think it's just a culture clash when it comes to them personally."
>The young man in the trenchcoat addresses the couple

| >>528189
>The women smiles
"Nanomachine rejection, can't take this off outdoors."
>She looks around again
"Great little party going on here. What's the occasion?"

| >>528190

>The volunteer smiles as she gives the girl a small plate of bacon as well.

"Oh, just a little neighborhood town hall meeting; you know, to talk about things important to the citizens here. Although it looks like we're getting a bigger turnout than expected- I hope we have enough food for everyone..."

>>528191

"Culture clash? What culture clash?" >The couple turns to you, still sipping their cocoa.

>>528192

"Ah, NMR? Sorry to hear, my niece has that." >The volunteer shakes his head.

"Terrible disease. As for us, the Sunbright Foundation's sponsoring a town hall here to discuss some matters important to the people in recent months... you know, violence and whatnot. Heavy stuff."

| >>528194
"Hehe!thanks its delicious!">oof that smile can melt snow

"Ahh i see. Guess i should stick around then huh?
Ah wait here you go"
>he pulls a cred stick from his pocket and offers it

| >Dice enters the park himself in his usual leather Jacket. His strange yellow eyes gave him away as a Lilim as he wandered from person to person asking them questions in muted conversation. Oftenly he was turned away with no answers to his missing roommate. Discouraged he decided to wander closer to the podium.

| >>528149

>As you approach the griddle, the man in front of you with a "KISS THE COOK" apron looks up and begins filling a plate full of sausages- then he does a double take.

"Er... off work?" >He says, with an uneasy smile.

| >>528194
"Well to a majority of the refugees, augmentation is just seen as taboo cause that how it was on their planet, which is where the majority of strife began once they first arrived in GC. Naturally that also extended to their opinions of lilims."
>The man continued to the couple
"I personally think if we can jump over that hurdle of augs with them, it would make it a lot easier. A single issue blew out of proportion due to poor communication on both sides."

| >>528194
"Sounds like it."
>The women sends a gaze to the young man that was eavesdropping
"Sorry, I think I might've spotted someone I know."
>She begins walking over, the large number of pins on her coat clinking as she does

| >>528195

>The volunteer looks mildly surprised and puts up a hand to refuse.

"Oh no, that's ok- if you like, you can make a donation on our website... >She gives you a card!

"Otherwise, feel free to have as many waffles as you like, dears."

>The business card has a picture of a bright sun, ringed by a five pointed "halo" of sorts, followed by the following text:

The Sunbright Foundation For Human Rights & Representation.

>>528196

>The group of lilims that are here take notice of you and chatter quietly to themselves, but don't approach. No one stops you as you inspect the podium, although you do see a volunteer hard at work setting up the instruments.

>He takes out an unmarked package, about the size of a book, and hooks up wires to it surreptitiously.

| >The small child attempts to investigate the stage area

| >>528199

"Taboo? What, are they from the dark ages or something?" >The man snickers; the woman hides a smile but remains neutral.

"Why is something like augs taboo on their homeworld? And what the hell does that have to do with lilims?"

"Maybe they're purists?" >The woman adds,

"You know, there's some group of extremists that call themselves... what was it... Humany-Police? Polis? Something like that. They think they're above augments for some reason."

"But even if they were, it's still depressing seeing them freeze out here-" >She looks around at the hobos surrounding the convention.

>>528200

"Alright. Stay warm lass," >The volunteer says as you head off.

>>528202

>You head to the stage area and run into Dice and the volunteer tech who's currently working on the podium. There's nothing out of the blue on the stage itself, but as you inspect the podium you watch as the man fiddles with a book sized, unmarked package.

| >>528201
"Oh we dont have to pay?">he looks somewhat surprised
"Err um uh thanks i guess...!"
>rather obvious that he isnt used to charity

"Mmm Mmm">the girl nods
>her innocent manor betraying her...eerr 'risque'clothing

>the two then just walk around

| >>528204
*She approaches the volunteer*
"Whatcha doing, mister?"
*The childish voice of a little girl curiously asks*

| >>43ef42 >>c6ff1a
>Dice continued to stare blankly at the stage, thoughts processing behind his head. His head actually started to produce a whirring sound like an old computer that was working too hard. The sound cut off and his attention went to the tech.
"Excuse me?"

| >>528205

>The volunteer waves you off as you head about, weaving in between the various groups.

>Not all of them seem to agree on any one thing- quite the opposite actually.

"...say we call for COMPLETE removal of fire control cores and personality matrices, and COMPLETE ban on-"

"...fire control cores and personality matrixes aren't the same thing- and don't even get started on describing to you what a neural net is-"

"Can't we just enforce the laws currently on the books-"

"Yeah, cause that works wonderful to begin with-"

"Heard about WL Corp? Their CEO went on record saying they're against lilim regulation. What's up with that?"

"You seen her bodyguards? Custom made. Of course they'd be anti regulation-"

"Yeah but they're the ones who suffered the most from these tin cans-"

"Look, we can't just round up every lilim in the city and-"

| >>528207 >>528209

"Eh?" >The tech says, looking up- he places the unmarked package on the ground beneath his feet.

>He turns to the smol girl first.

"Just uh, setting up for the show honey, if you don't mind..." >He turns to Dice next.

"What is it?"

| >>43ef42
"I'm looking for a Lilim, she goes by xnbc. She has a following online have you heard of her? Or seen her?"
>Dice asked

| >>528210
"If only it were neo fresco...">the boy sighs to himself quietly

"Why do you say that?"

"Oh uh i come from a place where lilim are treated better.
Wish there was something i can do but hey, not like i can eh?
Just gotta grit my teeth and keep a smile till the controversy subsides"

| >>528212

>The tech shakes his head.

"'Fraid not. I don't follow, uh, lilim idols, if that's what she is."

>>528213

>One of the people present notices your unique headgear.

"Hey, pretty fancy chrome you got there, custom?"

| >>528215
"Wah! Oh y-yeah in a sense."
>he extends his arm and opens his hand
"Little magic trick for ya"
>you literally see what seem to be soundwaves coalesce into a sphere on his hand
>the sphere then pops and plays what seems to be the sound of birds chirping
>he then lowers the headset to his neck
"But in the end, just a fancy headset">he chuckles
(Yessss i finally got to use that scenario *checks list*)

| >>528211
"What does the box do?"
>The little girl inquired

| >>528204
"An extreme sense of purists in a way yes. I think it has to do with their planet being hit extreme hard during The Purge if I remember correctly. Either way, I think with proper talks we could find a better middle ground than... this.
>He nods towards the homeless people

| >>528217

>The man smiles in amusement and a few others approach you to watch the display. A few clap.

"Fancy! You a DJ or something?"

>>528219

>The man doesn't respond immediately. He looks at the girl and then at Dice, before saying:

"...a machine for running the sound system."

>>528225

"The Purge? The hell is that?"

>The man says, unconvinced.

"Is that what they were calling that l uh, interstellar war?" >The woman adds.

| >A blond loli with bandages over her eyes skips her way into the park, half mumbling to herself.
"What's even the point?"
>She proceeds to try and get some food for herself

| >>528232
"Uh aheh im just a professor at one of the local universities.
Still, dosen't mean one cant enjoy music eh?"

| >>528232
>The little girl claps her hands together
"That's really neat! How does it work?"

| >>4fe061 >>812af1
>Dice looked at the little girl then back to the tech and shrugged.

" Through a wifi signal probably."

>The lilim answered to no one in particular.

| >>528225
>The women in a hazmat mask has now closed in
"Yo. What's the talk about."
>She waves, two of the fingers on her glove flapping around, seems she's missing bits

| >>528235

>The attending volunteers spot your bandages and softens visibly. They fill your plate, perhaps a little more than usual, stuffing it full of sausage, bacon, and too many pancakes.

>>528236

"Haha, right you are... but, uh, don't you seem a little young for a university professor?"

>>528240 >>528241

>The man shoots a look at Dice.

"Hey, is this one yours?"

>He turns back to the girl.

"Well, you see, it, uh, connects to the mic here and uh, turns it on. With electricity.

| >At the park entrance a long, black limousine, with yellow stripes painted over it, stops by. Its back doors open on their own, letting out three armed troopers in full body armor, colored same black and yellow.
>The las trooper is followed by a young woman in the same armor but without a helmet. Her silver-grey hair and eyes contrast her armor paint.
>The woman helps out a tall man. He appears in his late 30s, with extra long black hair and wearing a black classic business suit.

| >>528249
"Have you seen my students?
First day they think im one of them.
One even flirted haha.
Then the bell rings and i sit on the desk showing my little ID and for the next minute total silence as they comprehend that their robotics prof is only [18-24]"(mwahaha his age is ambiguous!)

>he laughs

>as if reading its owners mood, several sound bubbles form aound him as music begins to play from them

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Pc1NER7XHqc

>he doesn't seem to notice However

| >>528249
>Feeling the weight of the plate, the loli gives a big smile.
"Thank you very much!"
>>528250
>She goes to take a seat, and grumbles uneasily when she hears the sounds of the armed troopers

| >All this commotion has attracted the attention of a wanderer. A Lilim, with short red hair and ice-white plating. Oenone approaches the gathering, fiddling with the pins on her crimson jacket as she does- She's had a bit of a rough day, and maybe this party could just be the right thing to unwind.

| >>528250
>The troopers form a tight square around the man in the suit, with the woman taking the point, and the group moves into the park. Once inside, they start walking towards the podium, at a slow pace.
>Limousine, now visibly empty, closes its doors and drives away, all on its own.

| >>528249
"I don't know that strange man"
>The little girl says
"So it's like a battery?"

| >>528255

"Ooohh...." >The attendees say, gawking at your device's abilities.

"Haha, hey, take that as a compliment my friend. Sometimes it feels like we're all running outta time... so if someone thinks you're younger than you are, good for you."

>>528259

>The crowd thickens as more and more attendees arrive to the scene, but no one bothers you as you dig in, except maybe to point out your bandages.

>>528260

>As you approach the tables, still stuffed with fresh, cooked food, the volunteers talk with each other hurriedly.

>Eventually, one speaks to you directly.

"Uh, may we help you?"

>>528250 >>528263

>Several attendees take notice and start talking among themselves, moving to give the troopers space. Some reach their hands to pockets.

>>528265

"Er, yeah, sure..." >He says to the girl before turning back to Dice. >>528241

"Is that all?"

>He doesn't notice the group of armed troopers.

| >Oenone has not gained a shred of social intelligence between last time we've seen her and now, so she's blissfully ignorant of the people talking among themselves as she wanders the place, checking out the food and whatnot.

| >>528269

>As you approach the tables, still stuffed with fresh, cooked food, the volunteers talk with each other hurriedly.

>Eventually, one speaks to you directly.

"Uh, may we help you?"

| >>528268
"Ha i suppose it is.
Well i guess i see you around"
>he waves goodbye then continues to walk around waiting for whatever is supposed to happen on stage
>music still emanates from the sound bubbles

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B4jv4Ol6ZmE

"Uhh Cassius..?"

"What is it Gemini?"

"Errr...nothing he...">she awkwardly laughs

>the boy just tilts his head

| >>528265
>Which does not go unnoticed by the troopers. They exchange words, muffled under their helmets, and safeties click on their weapons. Group doesn't stop moving at the same pace. The woman taking the point opens her mouth to say something, but suited man's hand lands on her shoulder and she returns to silently scanning the crowd.
>Once at the podium, the man raises his voice, getting attention of one of the volunteers.
"Excuse me, I'd like to ask you something."

| >The little girl nervously quivers
"W-Who are you?"
>>528278

| >>528278

>A volunteer hears you, and despite being spooked by the troopers, heads over.

"Y-yes? May I help you?"

| >The blind girl is about to stuff the last sausage into her mouth before she freezes, hearing the all too familiar sound of safeties clicking off. She shakes a bit, dropping her fork and pulling her hood over her head
"Not again..."

| >>528290

>You hear some people heading in your direction.

"Dear? Are you alright?"

| >>528270

"Hmm?" >Oenone tilts her head.
"Oh, no, sorry! I was just checking out this place is all. This party looked really interesting and I've just got back from Abyssal so at this point I think I'll take all the merriment I can get..." >She rubs the back of her head, a sheepish smile on her face.

| >>528294

>The woman blinks.

"Er, okay! Feel free to stick around! Enjoy the heat- we'll be starting presentations soon, so..."

| "Thank you!" >Oenone bows, then resumes her wandering around the Town Hall. She's moving a little faster this time, in hopes of seeing everything before the presentations come on and she gets trapped.

| >>528291
>She doesn't respond, or really even hear them. She places her hands over her ears and bends over, her breath shakey
"Just do it already..."

| >>528288
>Man smiled to the girl first. Clearly not meant to startle, the resulting grimace is only more intimidating, as smile does not belong on his grim face.
>>528289
>He then turned his head to the volunteer, like a tank turns its turret.
"I was wondering if I could exchange a word or two with the organisators, before the event starts. I imagine they might be a little busy for it afterwards."

| >>43ef42
" Yeah, thanks for your time. And the kids not mine."
Dice answered looking towards the troopers wearily.

| (My bad I forgot to add >)

| >At this moment, a pink-and-black levibike rolled up to the town hall, as a female figure wearing a black hoodie and black jeans over a set of Fuchsia-colored White Knight armor parked her bike in a lot nearby. She had her tungsten-tazer and electro-club maglocked to her sides as she leaned on the bike and watched from afar. She was not here to participate; merely to act as a peacekeeping force if thing flared up, and intervention was needed.

Fuchsua Fedora was on the scene!

| >The masked women looks at the whole scene
"... Soldiers, charming."
>She then heads for the lilim group

| >>528299
>The girl seems unphased by this and seems to relax abit

| >there is a metallic clang that came from somewhere

| >>528297

>Aside from the food, heating pillars, tents, and collapsible tables and chairs, you don't see much except for islands of people, by this time ballooned to at least 200 to 300 attendees. Notably, there *are* some lilims here, despite the stated intentions of the town hall meeting. They keep to themselves closely, however.

>>528298

>You feel someone rubbing your back and putting a coat on top of you!

>>528299

"Y-yes! Certainly! They're actually on their way here, and should be-"

>She turns her head to see a SUV branded with the sun-logo approaching the crowd of people.

"Here they are now- we have some time before the introductions start, so if you like, I can take you right over?"

>>528300

"...Right." >The tech says, annoyed. A bit of sweat forms on his forehead.

>>528304

>The crowd is pretty thick for this time in the morning, much less this cold- those metal pillars in the area must be keeping everyone warm. You watch as some vehicles with a sun logo printed on their doors arrive to join the convention.

| >The little girl moves to inspect the package while everyone is preoccupied

| >>528306

>The lilims watch you warily as you approach them, their glowing eyes scanning your masked form, likely for weapons or threats. They don't dismiss you, however, and one of them casually brings up a hand in greeting.

"Hey. Cold morning, isn't it?"

| >>528313
>The blind girl notices that things haven't quite gone to shit, and she eventually breathes a sigh of relief, cautiously moving to take down her hood.
"S-sorry for worrying you I- i just thought there was going to uhm, be something loud so i prepared myself.."

| >>528315

>The package is... heavy. There's some holes that had been cut into the side where the tech was trying to plug wires. Some white dust falls out as you move it.

"HEY!" >You suddenly hear someone say right next to you, surprised!

>It's the technician!

| >>528316
>The women nods
"Real cold around these parts, for sure. Mood just as cold, it seems."
>The women scans them quickly before turning her gaze back to the soldiers and SUVs patrolling the area
"Like a powder keg in here."
>She mumbles under her breath
"What's you guys' take on this whole thing? Didn't know GC's political rallies looked like goodwill fairs."

| >>528317

>The random townies comfort you for a bit before being somewhat convinced that you're ok, and rejoin their own groups.

| >>528313
>Suited man takes a second to exchange looks with the female trooper, who shortly nods, then turns back to the volunteer.
"Ah, that would be most appreciated."
>>528318
>One of the soldiers meanwhile turns towards the loud "HEY!". Barely audible zmmm of optical lenses adjusting in his helmet can be heard.

| >>528319

>One shrugs.

"...Hell. This is, what, the third in the past two years? Naw man, i'm used to it."

"Easy for you to say... my taste in rock music has been forever tarnished after that incident in Neko Park."

"You know, they *could* just delete that particular audio/visual recording from your neural ne-" >The lilim jokes, before the other punches them in the shoulder.

"I don't like it." >Another says, his eyes growing green underneath a hand knit scarf.

"It's bad enough that the refugees hate our guts. Now fleshies? Why only now?"

>Some of the other lilims mumble in agreement. Another pulls down her scarf to take a long draught of warm soyakafe.

| >>528318
>The girl begins rapidly unwrapping the package
"It's not nice to lie, mister. Technical equipment doesn't need to be wrapped like this. It would over heat and cause a fire"

| >>528318
>The Wardrober turned to observe the loud sound, checking out the interaction between the loli and the technician, seeing the package. Out of curiousity...she turned on her auto-hack to sense for electronic signatures inside the package.

| >>528323
"Well, hate's a plague bad enough to breed wars. That much I know."
>She scans the area some more, sending a quick glance to her watch
"Something about the whole deal's fishy though. Forgetting the racist scum and all that, seems to me like somethin's goin' down just out of my sight."
>She throws a glance towards the stage
"You guys be careful, yeah? Wouldn't want fellow citizens hurt somehow."
>The women waves and begins heading for the stage
"Hate it, just outta' sight."

| >>528322

>You zoom in on a man dressed in a jumpsuit- he looks like an electrician, and appears to be hunched over, looking at a young girl on the ground aggressively.

>Some volunteers hear the yell and turn in the direction of the man and the girl.

>>528324

>The man moves to kick you! You move out of the way-

>...and pull open the discreet packaging to reveal a mix of items- an old fashioned cell phone, some white dust, various wires... and a whole lot of nails.

>>528326

>There's a signature within, alright, but low tech- accessible via cellular connection rather than wireless. There's some metallic interference of some kind within the package, however. You watch as the man attempts to kick the loli!

>>528327

>The lilims nod as you head off in the direction of the stage, just as everything written above occurs.

>It goes without saying, all of this happens in a matter of seconds.

| >>528329
>The women clicks her tongue and pulls a large pair of dusters from under her coat
>She slowly approaches, trying to maneuver around the man stealthily

| >>528329
>She gently sits the package down.
"Seems like, I'ma have to apprehend you, boy. Your as discreet as an elephant in a China store"
> She then moves to apprehend the man, pulling a knife seemingly out of nowhere and quickly closing in on him.

| >>528329
>Trooper's helmet reflexively moves from the man to the girl, as the package falls into his sight.
"I E D, 240, ON THE STAGE!"
>Blasts from his helmet speakers, as he falls to his knee, bearing his rifle on the target.
>Female trooper reacts in a second, throwing the suited man onto the trooper behind her, who catches the target and starts dragging the VIP away at a surprising speed.
>The third remaining trooper begins rushing onto the stage, his swearing muffled.

| >>528329
"HEY!"
>The Wardrober jumps into action, as she quickly launches a non-lethal EMP-grenade towards the package to immediately kill any electronic signals that could ignite the IED within!
>She then runs to tackle the technician in an attempt to apprehend him!

| "I-IED!? where!?"
>The blind girl is startled, and pulls down her hood, getting on the ground and cursing to herself

| >The girl with the hazmat mask pockets her dusters and moves away, merging into the crowd
"No use in getting involved with whoever the fuck that fedora freak is. Fucking shit's about to start I bet."
>She looks towards the street, scouting for anything

| >>528232
"No, no. Even before then. Apparently it was some crazy catastrophic event that no one even remembers the details of it, except that it pretty much reset a turn of technological progress, most of all AI. Thankfully GC of all places was unaffected... but yea, that might be where the stigma originated from.
>>528248
"Uh... history I guess? Who are you?"

| >>528339
>The girl is long gone now, after being ignored...

| >>528340
(;-; rip I had work. -CN)

| >>528341
(*Hugs* nu feel bad CN)

| >>528332

>The man draws a handgun, but it's barely out of the holster when you're point blank next to him, and jam the knife straight into his gut!

>>528333

>You make contact with the suspect, just as a very smol girl crashes into him! You see the man drop a sidearm to the ground!

>>528336

>The EMP grenade goes off with a crack within the midst of the man, the loli, and the soldier, and all three go to the ground as you tackle them!

>>528337

"W-what IED!?" >You hear townspeople say confused as a short CRACK goes off, along with the sound of yelling!

>>528338

>You watch as the pile of loli, superhero, soldier, and suspect collapse to the ground. Behind you, the SUV's have since parked and you see a woman and others dressed in SUNBRIGHT FOUNDATION branded clothing run up!

>>528339

"So yer saying, that there was some kind of apocalypse, and all the technology up there just 'disappear-'" >The man is distracted midsentence as the EMP goes off!

| >Those present at the town hall quickly fall into confusion as armed attendees draw weapons, while others flee the seen or turn over tables to hide under. Some are too deep in political conversations of their own or tipsy from the early morning booze to notice the commotion.

| >>528341
"Your all squishing me! Your pushing the knife deeper into him. We need to question him. I can contain him on my own! Agh, I am getting his gross blood on my clothes"

| (Note: The armed attendees are not terrorists, they're basically just people who brought their weapons with them for self defense, drawing them in response to the threat of attack.)

| >>528347
>the blind girl shudders at the crack goes off, briefly lifting her head and slightly lowering her hood
"I-is it over?"

| >>528347
"Fucking knew it."
>The girl looks around and begins making her way toward the back of the crowd and opposite the Sunbright people
>She wipes her mask's glass
"Oph-chan won't like this one bit."

| >>43ef42
(Sorry I'm late on this >.>)
>Dice collapses in a ragdoll fashion as the EMP takes hold of his systems. The Irish Lilim let out an extremely vulgar string of profanity before crashing his head striking the pavement hard.

| >>528347
"W-We'll continue this talk later!"
>Hearing the noise, CN rushes towards the commotion.

| >>528356
>The women stops you by grabbing your wrist, seems that was her intent
"Want to get arrested again, Geekkid? Don't get involved."
>Her eyes are still on the Sunbright folks

| >>528347
>Trooper rolls on the stage, away from the center of the EMP. Muffled swearing gets twice as strong.
>By this time the female trooper is already on the stage, followed by the other one. She rushes over the downed trooper and to the IED package, while her subordinate locates and takes control over the electrician's weapon.
>As she passes by, sarcastic muffled "thank you" can be heard.

| >Fuchsia stands up and quickly rips the man out of the pile of everyone around, only to see a knife sticking out of him. She growled and turned to the group of bodies around her, but then sighed and laid the man down, turning to the group.
"Please call GCPD, and if any of you know first aid, please assist the man. I'm going to make sure the bomb doesn't still go off."
>Before turning to the IED and beginning to open it up, observing it and trying to ensure it was disabled fully.

| (Er...Okay, lemme redo that. >>528363)
>*Before turning to the IED and seeing the female trooper already there.
"There are currently no electronic signals coming from the bomb, but we have to ensure it can't go off. If there is a detonation system, it needs to be disabled. Check the cellphone, the bomb was likely rigged to blow when the phone recieved a signal."

| "EVERYONE FUCKING OFF ME PLEASE"
>The little girl screams in fustration trying to get free while maintaining her grip on this suspicious asshole

| >>528358
"What th- who the hell are you!?"
>He tries to break free of her grip

| >>528366
"A friend of a friend. Who cares."
>She doubles down, her grip is very strong, despite her having only three fingers
"This hand's badm Geekkid, so don't deal it, capiche?"

| >>528368
"I dont get if its blackjack and I got a 2 and a 7, I need to see if someone is hurt!"

| Slowly as the panic passed over the unconscious Lilim, Dice's systems started to reboot.

| >>528369
"Too late for you to do anything, dumbass. Now stop stuggling, or I'll hurt you."
>You feel something press on your rib, covered by her coat
"Shut up, and watch those guys for a second."
>She nods to the Sunbright folks

| >>528274

(Shoot, I missed you, my bad- Just assume that the EMP missed you, and react according to what's going on at present. I need to drive home. -GM)

| >>528371
"...I'm warning you, but shove that anymore towards me and you're going to regret it."

| (Is everyone just gonna stay on top of me?)

| >>812af1
[if anything i'm crumpled heap next to you. -Dice]

| >>528373
"You'll break my heart, Taser-man."
>Her gaze is fixed on you, her face hidden behind the mask
"Trust someone else than your misguided justice for once. You'll help a lot more people by keeping an eye out for any fuck who might capitalize on all this."
>She nods towards the stage
"You wanna help the guy's who already dealt with and tried to plant a bomb, or the fellows around who're too focused to notice the corps moving like vultures? Your pick, Hackerman."

| >>528374
(I don't think there was anyone except Fuschia on you to begin with, and no one right now.)

| >>528374
(FF already got off and grabbed the badguy out of the pile, and laid him on the ground, so now its just whoever else was there.)

| >near the conflict a woman in black armor and a gold phoenix on her left side breast plate with long black hair and several swords around her waist decloaks.
"I'm Phoenix 3 under contract with Glitch City Police."
>she looks ready to go off in a second and the sword near her hand has been primed to be pulled out quickly.
"I am authorized to kill if I meet any resistance."

| (Okay no one said as such so I didn't know I never say the solider move off and I thought dice was ontop. Also never saw Fushia move either)
>The very pissed off girl moves to interigate the man
"Why did you do this? Who are you working for?"

| >>528378
"Ugh, fine. Can you at least let go then?"

| >The "electrician" sputters and pulls out a phone in his pocket. He tries to dial it, but the device has been thoroughly burned out by the EMP.

>>528353

>You feel someone rub your back!

>>528364

>You determine that the IED is thoroughly inert.

| >A person wearing a large coat and a mask with a large eye symbol is suddenly right next to the commotion, watching it intently, they perk up at the mention of corps, still they start to get closer

| >>528382

"Pfft..." >The man says, blood leaking out of his mouth.

| >>528383
"Sure, so long as you don't rush like a dumbass."
>The women lets go of your arm and looks back for corp movement

| >>528386
>She sighs, seems to roll her eyes, and begins to patch his wounds
"Do you want me to beat your ass? I though bleeding to death all over the stage would have done it for ya but I can beat it out of ya if I have to"

| >>528387
>He rubs his reddened wrist
"Jeez... always stuck with the pushy ones."

| >>528384
>she rushes the man and pins him to the ground with the sword pointed at his throat.
"You are under arrest for attempted terrorist action, attempting to incite a riot, use of illegal weaponry, use of weaponry without a permit. Resist and you will be killed."
>she gets out her hand cuffs after pressing a button on her chest twice.

| >>528390
"What the fuck you doing stupid ass bitch. He is fucking bleeding to death. Can't get any info out of him if he is dead. Stupid ass police..."
>The little girl grabs her arm holding the sword

| >Yet another limousine, armored and offering a strange but faint hum, slowly hovers into the parking lot. Several WL Security vans follow after it. From it a pair of well dressed Cat Boomers exit, a white haired one with a gentle demeanor and a black one with a sharp and cynical gaze. With a heavily geared, but professional, entourage they are escorted to the edges of the back.

| >>528391
"Let go of my arm."
>she continues to cuff the man.

| >The masked girl scoffs
"Looks like authorities have it under lockdown, Hackerman. But something about this still smells like shit."
>She looks around, trying to locate any city officials

| "Well look at that, Aethia. Not even a second here and there's already bloodshed..."
>What looked like WL company CEO, Ren Weiss, stated with an exasperated expression.

>The white cat boomer only sighed in response. Aethia shoved her hands into her long cream colored traveling coat. Naturally their security detail moved around them and kept them protected while attempts to make sense of what was going on were made.

"How hard is it just to have a damn conversation?">Ren grumbled.

| >>528387
"How about you tell me about those "corps", this talk of yours is interesting"
>A hand is dropped on your shoulder, a person wearing some kind of mask with an eye symbol on it and a large coat has gotten hold of you, their grip is strong

| >>528396
"Nasty mask, Life Steal build item, I bet?"
>The women scoffs
"You'd know as much as I do."
>She keeps looking

| >Now that Fuchsia determined the IED was sufficiently disabled, she grabbed it and observed the scene one more time. Now that Phoenix 3 was here, GCPD would be arriving on site soon afterwards, and they'd likely have it covered from here. The antagonist of the day was stopped, so a Wardrober's job was done, as she was trained...It seems her training has been effective.
>She decided to keep the phone off of the IED. Maybe she could learn something about whoever did this...

| >>528384
>the blind girl gets up and sighs
"S-stop rubbing my back! I'll be fine..."
>she feels around, trying to locate her breakfest tray, before realizing that in the panic, her pancakes have been knocked over!
"*sigh*"

>she glances towards the commotion
"A-are they arresting the bad person? i can't tell.. too much commotion..."

| >Fuchsia pocketed the phone off of the IED and set the device back down on the ground for GCPD and the media to look at. Now that it was inactive, they'd want it.
"Crisis averted...This time, with no casualties."
>She began to walk off towards her levibike, but not before catching CN and his cadre of suspiciously edgy-looking goons.
"Need any help, CN? The day's already been saved."

| >With immediate danger contained, the troopers in black and yellow re-grouped in front of the stage. The trooper on the left was making sure the suspect's handgun was unloaded, while the grey-haired trooper was standing with her hands on her ears, deliberately ignoring muffled speech of the trooper to her right, the one that got EMP'd on the stage.
>The suited man stood in front of them with the fourth trooper, smoking a cigar. He waved to the WL personnel once he noticed them.

| >>528394
"Isn't it always..."
>>528402
"Hey FF, I'm okay, just keeping an eye on things from the back is all."

| >>528403
>Ren of course merely looked at the man. She had no idea who he was at a glance. Aethia, being herself, waved at the first sign of greeting.

> The security detail was of course perfectly still, save for those whom were walking around gathering information about the event. More specifically the familiar giant, June, was standing close to Aethia in a nice suit and shades outfit. Seems the lilim had grown his hair out into a fancy ponytail.

| >>528406
> Again at first notice, Aethia moved to approach CN. A group of free of the WL security detail followed, with June lumbering after them with his hands in his pockets.

"Ah! CN! Good, you came...Ah...What just happened? An attempted attack?"

| >Having fully rebooted Dice's eyes fluttered open, he was on the floor face up looking like a man waking up on the morning after a tavern brawl.
"Fuckin' Jesus gods damn christ."
>His voice sounded completely different, a very thick accent predominant in his speech that wasn't there before. The Lilim got up to his feet and inspected the chaos around him.
"Well Connor y'er in a shit hole na'ow, fuck me sideways...."
>He stood right next to the 'bad guy' along with anyone there.

| >Filling the air with noise from its engines, large black Vendetta LTH, painted with yellow stripes on the tail, entered the space above the park, as it hovered in from the west. Its cargo doors opened, and a set of ropes was thrown from the inside.
>A small group of five troopers in the same colored armor deployed down on the ground, followed by a young blond teenager in a yellow business suit. Hovercraft took off into the sky the moment teenager let go of the rope.

| >>528397
"Now, now how would you ever conclude that"
>The person says simply, before letting you go
"If that's the impression I give off, I may be closer to my goal than I thought"

| >>528415
>Both groups merged together in front of the stage, teenager exchanging handshakes with the suited man and the grey-haired female trooper. They exchanged a few words, with the suited man pointing with his cigar at the stage first, and at the WL personnel second, sound of their speech muffled by the noise of the hovercraft taking off.

| >>528393
"He is gonna die with you fucking squeezing the blood out of him with your weight idiot. Off him."

| >>528406
>FF nodded, eyeing the pair around CN.
"Who are your new friends?"
>A camera inside of her White Knight helmet snapped a picture of the three of them together.
"Someone I should be concerned about?"

| "Well keep your eyes open, lady"
>>528411
>The masked person gets closer to dice before giving him a hand and getting him up
"Are you alright, take a moment to calm down how about it"

| >>528422
"Nah, I'm helping him with some business, professionally. But I thought I'd step in and stop him from making an ass of himself."
>The masked women shrugs
"Heard the stories about you Vigilante, not too sure which ones to believe, yeah?"

| >>528424
"Believe the ones you see with your own eyes. They're the ones most likely to be true."
>Fuchsia said as she held out her hand to shake the woman's.
"Fuchsia Fedora, of the Justice Wardrobe. Pleased to meet you. You are...?"

| >>528426
"Hel Falschen, guess I'm a Refugee if that's even a title of sorts."
>She shakes your hand, you can only feel three fingers
"With my own eyes, huh? Guess that suits me, my eyes see a lot of things."

| >>f60eee
"I'm fine, just Emp'd...Had to restart my systems."
>The Lilim trailed his bright yellow eyes onto the masked person.
"I'm Connor, who are you?"

| >>528432
"My name is it, well call me Abby for now"
>"Abby" says, their voice sounds faint beneath the mask
"Need any help walking, I feel it'd be better for you to take a seat somewhere for now"

| >At last, the Sunbright representatives reach the growing throng at the stage. A woman in a tight suit with a half undone blonde bun heads over to the stage and, upon seeing Dice, the Phoenix 3, and Fuchsia, falls to her knees exasperated.

"What in the world is going on here!?"

| >With the worst of the danger past, some of the overturned tables are placed back upright, and personal weapons are holstered. Some of the guests are too frazzled by this point to remain, and start to leave- others still continue to huddle under the warmth of the heating towers.

>The breakfast griddles haven't stopped, and the booze flow once again.

| >>528417
> Ren, while keeping an eye on Aethia, notices that she's being pointed at by the man that greeted them earlier. She raised a brow slowly in suspicion and leaned against her car as her arms slid to cross under her breasts.

>What were they going to ask for a statement?

| >Overhead, a group of five GCPD "spinner" hovercars float down to the event, landing just outside the stage. The officer of the lead vehicle relaxes slightly at the sight of Phoenix 3, speaks into a chest radio, and makes his way toward the stage.

| >>3b443c
"Technician had a bomb....Someone tossed an EMP I missed literally -everything-."
>Dice mentionned to the representative, his Lilim features fully on display.
>>f60eee
>He gave a nodd to Abby.
"Pleasure to meet you, and yeah I think you may be right..."
>His accent had switched back to a mildly brittish accent the Irish completely leaving him subtely.

| >The girl grits her teeth
"Fucking useless police... Shoulda talked then I might have been able to help.."
>She grabs her knife and rapidly attempts to flee the scene

| >>528440

"E-excuse me, a BOMB!?" >The representative says, looking down at the man currently bleeding to death from a knife in his gut. Shortly after, a police officer moved into view, pushing her away from the scene.

"This is- ugh, does nothing go right in this hell hole?"

>She heads over to the mic.

| >>528438
>A GCPD patrol car also arrives on the scene at it's wheels an officer with a large mustache. Next to him is a small child wearing an oversized uniform w ith a beret, her oni-like horns poking from beneath
>They simply keep watch for now

| >>528443

"Hey! STOP!" >The lead officer says, chasing after the loli!

>The representative tests the mic and then turns it on, accidentally causing feedback in the process!

| >>528444
(She took the knife)
>>528446
"FUCK OFF USELESS ASSHOLES. MAYBE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THE DUDE BLEEDING TO DEATH AND BE USEFUL FOR FUCKING ONCE"
>The girl continues to speed off at logic defying speeds, easily able to maneuver though the crowds

| >>528410
"Looks like it. A bomb of some sorts sadly."
>>528422
"They're uh... okay, dont worry."

| >>528447
"oh my"
>Abby looks at the girl running away but soon turns her attention off her
"To think a child would stab a man, how quaint"

| >The masked women scoffs and taps CN's arm
"You still watching around? Try them roofs. I think someone might be watching, and they ain't our friends."
>She looks back at the stage

| >Blond teenager takes a quick look at the Sunbright rep, then at the police hovercars, and turns to the suited man.
"You still gonna hang out there?"
>To which the only man's responce is annoyed shrug. He makes his way to the representative, waving to her before she starts speaking.
>>528446
"Excuse me, miss, do you mind if I take a couple minutes of your time?"

| >>528446 >>528448
> The air of Weiss Catboomers cringe at the sound of feedback. Ren in particular, whom was further back still leaning against the car with her security detail covers both of her ears and snaps one eye shut. A string of not very child-friendly words shoot from the black haired boomer.

> Aethia with CN winces and covers one ear. She moves to shake CN's hand, a tiny storage device hidden within it.
"It's nice seeing you again, CN. Despite the circumstances."

| >>f60eee
"She's probably as much a child as I'm a human."
>Dice stated now getting down and squatting.
"Abby? Would you be familiar with someone named Xnbc?"

| >>528450
> Aethia tilted her head and about the rooves.
"...Do we need to move under cover?"

| >>528447

>The officer finally gives up and jogs back to the stage to take witness statements.

>>528451

"Testing, testing- um, hello everyone, thank you for attending-"

>She's momentarily distracted and briefly turns off the mic.

"Er, yes? How may I help you?"

| >>528448
"Mind introducing me to your pals, Hackerman?"
>Hel states, looking at the women

| >as things calm down, the blind girl sighs, and goes to see if she can't get more pancakes, The Feedback causes her to wince greatly, and she throws on her hood, Mumbling
"Atleast the foods good"

| >>528436
>Blond teenager shrugged as the suited man went for the Sunbright rep, tapped the EMP'd trooper on the shoulder, and started walking towards Aethia, lighting up a cigarette on the way. All of the troopers stayed at the stage with the suited man.

| >Impulse had his fill of waffle when he become aware of his surroundings
"What the fuck is going on again?Can I have a fucking free breakfast without any trouble,Glitch city?"
(I was sleeping and 159 posts just materialised Lmao)

| >>528456
"My name is Waver Velvet El-Melloi II. I'm K-Tran Corporation CEO under K-TRAN Conglomerate. I'd like to have a short talk with you about negative misrepresentation of our companies in advertisement for this event."
>Suited man began, grim faced.

| >>528454
"What a keen eye you have, but I assure you that is a child, atleast in shape, form is a more abstract concept"
>Abby states simply before turning back to Dice
"Ah the lady someone was looking for on the boards is it? I believe I do know her, but I wouldnt say we have met before"

| >>528430
"Fal...schen?"
>Fuchsia remembered the name, and the big man in the suit she'd encountered a few times, but dismissed it for now. She'd think about that later.
"Its a pleasure."
>Fuchsia observed the scene once-over, and determined there was no longer an immediate threat, but there was a growing crowd. Despite everything that happened, the meeting was continuing?
"Why aren't they calling this off now? With what just happened, surely the town hall can wait now?"

| >>f60eee
"Yeah, You frequent the board? Also...think the GCPD will let me just walk away from all this?"

| >>528467
"You didnt do anything did you, just let it rest for now and take a seat, i'd even say you'd be better off just walking away for now"
>Abby says simply, shrugging

| >>528466
"Who knows, my bet's one some shady stuff. Someone's been pushing this meeting, and they'll be damned if they don't do it, I guess."
>Hel scoffs and waves her right hand, which only has two fingers, making the glove flap around
"Guess Lilim hate's got to do with an agenda, how surprised I am."

| >>528459
> Noticing this, and having an idea of whom the boy was, Ren pushed off the car and zipped up her black traveling coat. She tightened her leather gloves and strolled over behind the boy just as he was halfway to Aethia. Of course her security detail half stayed with the car and half trailed after her.

>>528466
"It's safer to continue, than to give them more time to prepare, isn't it?"
> Aethia offered.

| >>f60eee
"Yeah...Good idea, wanna come along? I'm getting some Korean after all this shit."

| >>528464

"Misrepresentation? Oh lord... this is about that flyer, isn't it?"

>The woman says, upset.

| >>528472
"Miss Aethia!" — >Teenager began from a few steps away, completely oblivious to whatever was behind him,
— "What a pleasant surprise seeing you here!"

| >>528473
"I'm afraid I still am waiting for someone else to arrive, I cannot go anywhere till then"
>Abby says simply

| >>528471
"I don't know that the bomb was created to harm Lilims...There were nails inside, and it was dropped near a group of humans, away from the Lilims. Nails like that, while they would obviously hurt Lilim, would have a much higher chance of hurting an organic. Thing is, it was an organic that dropped it...which makes this all the more strange."
>>528472
>Noticing Aethia, Fuchsia held her hand out.
"Aethia Weiss of White Lightning, right? What are you doing here?"

| >>528474
"I'm glad you are already aware of the issue. It speeds things up." — >El-Melloi eyed up the crowd, GCPD, K-TRAN security, WL personnel and the chaos on the stage,
— "If it is alright with you, I'd like to have a more... Thorough discussion of the matter. In a more appropriate environment."

| >>528480
"Oh. Hello, King! It's been a while."
>Aethia greeted warmly. She smiled and moved to offer her other hand for a handshake.
"You look well~."

>>528483
"Ah...I came with my cousin, Ren. She was irritated about the advertisements and misinformation being spread to get people to this townhall meeting..."

| >>f60eee
"Well I'll see you around then. Take care fo yourself Abby."
>With that, hands in his pocket and occasionnaly wobbling. Dice stepped towards his truck which was parked outside of the park.

| >>528485
"And you look as stunning as usual." — >King smiled, gently returning the handshake,
— "I hope you don't mind me smoking, I just learned that one of my good friends almost got blown up, so I really need it right now."

| >>528486
"I hope you do find your friend, or that you can find someone who can help you look for her"
>Abby says with a bow, before heading back to the group forming around CN, she approaches Fuchsia Fedora
"Nails you said, what a crude device that was, but I think the answer is quite clear isn't it"

| >>528483
"I'll agree that it's weird. Wish I could read that mind."
>She eyes Aethia
"White Lightning, huh... I suppose it's fitting."

| >>528484

"Y-yes, certainly-" >The woman stammers.

| >>528488
>Aethia's brows knit in concern.
"Goodness! So they're okay? No injuries I hope? Oh! Please you needn't worry about that...Go ahead."

"I take it you're also scoping the incoming PR storm?"

>>528492
"Eheheh...I suppose? Nice to meet you, Miss..?"

| >>528493
"Well, I'll be waiting over here for when you're done calling the event off." — >Suited man made a vague gesture with his cigar to somewhere off the stage.
— "Surely you're not going to carry on with the event after such a large breach of security."
>And he walked away into the group of K-TRAN troopers, not even waiting for her to answer.

| >>528495
"Hel Falschen. Refugee, of sorts, I'm lending my talent to the Geekman right now."
>She sends a glance towards the rooftops
"I don't know much about corps and all that, so forgive me if I seem, well, blunt, sometimes."

| >>528497
>Abby looks at Hel intently as they hear her name
"Truly interesting is the Falschen's bloodline"
>She mumbles simply

| >>528495
>King let out a short, hearty laugh.
"Ah, worry not, you can see him right there, chewing Sunbright rep's brains ou—" — >Teenager turned around to point towards El-Melloi, who was already moving back to the troops.
— "Oh damn, he's already done it looks like. But yeah, this time PR thingie falls onto Waver's shoulders, I just came to check on him."

| >>528497 >>528497
"That's fine. I'm used to blunt people."
>Aethia said with a soft laugh before looking to King again and nodding at his words. She was just about to speak when Ren cleared her throat.

"...Yeah, Aethia has to deal with me regularly." Ren added to the conversation before offering King a handshake. The black haired catboomer, whom looked equal measures of exhausted and pissed off, attempted a cordial smile.

"King of K-TRAN. Pleasure. Ren Weiss. Current CEO of WLF."

| >Hel merely stands back, she had a bad feeling about the so-called King of K-TRAN, and her instinct was usually right on mark
>She taps CN
"You still livin'? Don't go all quiet on me, damnit."
>She whispers

| "Wait, you can't do this- we need-" >The Sunbright representative says as a GCPD detective forcibly takes the mic.

"Attention: The TOWN HALL meeting planned for today has been suspended, pending an investigation. Please disperse."

>And in response? Grumbling.

"LAME!"

"Come on, I took off work for this!"

"FUCK THE GCPD!"

"Real wiz..."

| >Slowly, some of the attendees began to leave the park, some sticking around to order more food. The volunteers certainly didn't rush to disassemble anything.

| >The blind girl grumbles to herself, slightly eavesdropping on the conversation
"Gee now CEOs are here? What do they want with this mess of a breakfest...
>>528504
"W- what do you mean disperse! i haven't finished my breakfest!"

| >The police car's doors open and out come a tall officer and a small girl in a major's uniform
"Alright folks move along"
>The tall mustached walrus looking man says with a gruff voice
>The little girl in the officer uniform heads for the stage with a resolute walk, made less impressive by her small size

| >>528502
"It is a pleasure miss Weiss," — >Teenager returned the handshake with a confident smile,
— "Richard King Dragonheart, K-TRAN Conglomerate CEO, as you already know. I would love to discuss business with you..."
>He shrugged as the GCPD suspended the event.
"...Some other time, I guess?"
>He added with a somewhat guilty smile.

| >>528450
>CN looks towards the rooftops as well in case theres any trouble. >>528453
>He turns back to meet the shake, cupping the storage in his hand
"Glad to see you're healthy as always Aethia
>>528457
"This is uh... Aethia, she uh... runs White Lightning.
>>528430
"Hel hmm..."

| >>528511
>The small GCPD officer approaches the group
>Her name tag reads "Major Talia A. Chanka"
"What part of disperse do you not get!!"
>She says with a cute voice as she points to the people around CN, her eyes glowing a mean red
"Grrr, I wont wait any longer! shoo!"

| >>528511
"Don't tell me you really didn't recognize me."
>She sounds exasperated
>On a nearby rooftop is a duo... a shota with blonde hair and a tall women with black hair, both are looking over the commotion, although the boy seems to be grinning like a madman...
"You see em', huh? I and K."

| >>528514
"N-Nah, I was just messing with you... is all. What should we do about *them* though? If they're around that cant be good right?"

| >>528515
"Can't do much. I'd rather not fight two super entities with all the peeps around. Since GCPD is here, we should just pull back."
>She grunts
"Although I can't go back to Ophelia's right now... she's running a big tech thing there right now, something about scanning the damage. It would kill me to even get close."
>She shrugs
"With that said, sorry to impose on you, CN."
>She grins

| >>528515
"H-Hey! Are you ignoring me! I bet you are, you meanie dont make me angry!"
>The small girl continues to try and get the group's attention and shoos them away

| >>528510 >>528511

>Aethia nodded and smiled to CN, about to speak before the child-looking GCPD officer starts yelling at them.
"Now now, we're on our way out. King? It was great seeing you again. Let's meet up again. I have a feeling it'll be a while before we can enjoy a cup of tea..."

>Ren sighed heavily in agreement," King Dragonheart." She'd say before lighting up a cigarette herself, and heading for the car with Aethia.
"Hopefully next time they'll have actual security."

| >>528517
>>528513
"Ah if it isn't miss Chanka! Oh, my bad, major Chanka!" — >With a smile King winked to Aethia and company, and instantly filled Chanka's entire field of view with himself, grabbing her hand for a handshake.
— "I heard you were one of the first GCPD officers to arrive when G.C. Airport came under attack! I have always wanted to thank you for the countless lives of my employees which were saved due to your valiant efforts that day!"

| >>528516
"It's fine, but theres something that I need to talk to you about without Ophelia around."
>>528517
"Y-Yes... sorry."

| >>528520
"then go!"
>The tiny girl stomps off to join the other police officers on the stage
"Cannot believe this... people keep not listening to me!"

| >>528520
"Huh? Well, if I got the okay... I'm following you GeekMaster."
>Hel shrugs
"Let's bust out of this joint."
>She sends Chanka a single look before muttering something under her breath

| "Ah, and off she goes."
>Blond teenager said to himself, his face immediately losing all trace of emotion. He turned to his troops and started walking back to the stage, making wide circles in the air with his right hand.
>One of the troopers who noticed the gesture put their hand to their helmet, and by the time King made his way to the stage the air above the park was once again filled with the noise from the hovercraft's engines.

| >>528522
"Well obviously, we still have talk afterall."

| >>528526
"I know that much. Now lead me to wherever it is that I can sleep in without imploding."
>Hel begins walking away, all the while avoiding attracting attention

| >>528528
"Yeah, yeah..."

| >By this time, Fuchsia had stopped attempting to introduce herself to everyone. It was going to be a vain attempt. She did, however, make sure to have her newly-installed helmetcam secretly photograph everyone of significance in her vacinity, and assign a name to them as well. She now had a new list of names, and potential connections and relationships between them.
>She, also, turned towards the rooftop, and saw the duo above the roof, taking a picture.
"I, and K...huh."

| >She turned once more to CN, seeing him walk away. She nodded to Aethia, Ren and Richard King, smiling to the trio.
"Well, now that the 'meeting' is over, it seems my work here is done. It was nice meeting you all, Aethia, Richard, Ren. If ever the city needs assistance, the Wardrobe will answer."
>Fuchsia Fedora tipped her hat.
"Good day."
>She glanced once more at the duo of mysterious folk on the rooftop, before dismissing them for now, and walking back to her bike.

| >As she hopped on the bike, she hit a button on her navpad, to initiate a phonecall.
"R? Yeah, things went well. No civilian casualties, though someone tried to plant an IED, I was able to stop them. Police should have him now. Looks like your training has really helped...I'm on my way back now."
>And with that, Fuchsia Fedora rode off into the night.

>Ever vigilant, Justice prevails!

| (Shiii i was asleep.
Can someone fill me in?)
>Morphine

| >A large shadow now stands close to I&K, a terrifyingly big suit of armor with an equally large great sword on its back
>It watches the scene attentively

| (always a right blast when you go to sleep and suddenly all hell breaks loose.)

| >A man arrives in a Mazda RX7 FC3S. He is wearing a black coat which has a hood with fur, he is red haired and is using a patch on his right eye, he seems to have both carbon fiber arms, probably lost them in some incident, he looks kind of young, maybe around 20. He is Ikanaide.

"Hmm, this place looks like a party. If it is, it looks like the most boring one I've ever seen.
Things could be kinda fun...".

>He starts walking towards the people after parking his car.

| >Ikanaide catches the attention of many because of his lost right eye, seems like he could have changed it for a bionic one, like most people do. But he doesn't care, he starts walking between the people, recognizing faces, well, because of his job he knows everyone in the city. Being a known information broker because of his abilities isn't pretty good.

"The less they know me, the better..."

| >>528856
>The whole place is covered in police officers shuffling around and turning bystanders away.
>A small girl with oni horns poking out of her forehead is at the forefront of the barricade, getting angry at some journalists
"Nothing to see here, go somewhere else! Shoo shoo!"
>The journalists seem to persist

Total number of posts: 225, last modified on: Sun Jan 1 00:00:00 1549804062

This thread is permanently archived